Valkyr Mains! What ability are you going to give her?

probably going to replace Ripline with Roar. I have used ripline to get around Jupiter occasionally, but it's very niche. with Roar and Warcry, I'll be the loudest, angriest kitty on the battlefield! alternatively, I might try Tesla Nervos, since the one thing Valkyr can't really do is affect groups, she's more of a single-target frame. Tesla Bank Valkyr could be pretty interesting....

22 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Less range, less CC, 50% more energy required. I think the only thing it has going for it is the lack of LoS requirement, which is irrelevant to the build you mentioned of minimal range.

So to answer your question as to "why not Banshee's Silence?" Because Radial Blind is arguably the better ability.

Radial Blind is instant AoE, which forces valkyr to be on right spot to cast it, even if it costs an bit less energy (50 vs 75) if you consider only the moment and after it, you supposedly have some breathing air while attacking those blinded enemies (15 seconds base against affected targets)

but Silence is duration AoE centered on self, which lasts MUCH more in one cast (30 seconds base, almost 60 seconds by using Narrow Minded) which will set up every enemy for finisher bonus damage whenever you goes closer... sure, it has lower stun duration, but you can just go out of meele's range and come back to reapply while that skill is active, which fits better for an warframe that relies on mobility

if we were talking about other warframes which relies more on range, like Loki or Equinox, Radial Blind could have much more spotlight as you stated in your answers
but we are talking about Valkyr: one specialized in close combat and mobility, which, generally, doesn't care about power range, since Warcry only gives one time cast buff/debuff until its duration runs off, Paralysis is underwherlming compared to Radial Blind and Savage Silence except for energy cost, Hysteria doesn't use power range at all except for the exilus augment and Rip Line... is an joke as it is right now (make enemies fly to your direction and doesn't give that much mobility compared to bullet jump)

but, in the end, its more about personal's playstyle, if you want to put Stretch or Narrow Minded to change what sort of approach you will give for your valkyr, because if its to set the entire world for finisher only while doing massive conditional crowd control, Baruuk's Lull augmented (Endless Lullaby) could be even better since even resets enemy's alertness, giving stealth affinity multiplier on maps that doesn't have permanent active alarms, but, in my personal opinion, i can say that this doesn't fit Valkyr's theme at all

Unsure.  She doesn't normally spec for range so having anything that would CC even though that would help her crowd killing problems would be a hard fit.  She really doesn't need any more damage.  Survivibility maybe, but that's boring for me.   I really had hoped we would've gotten mobility tools .

1 hour ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

This is true.  I was just hoping for something like Mach speed from Gauss.  I suppose fire walker counts.  Hopefully infested mobility is good.

I didn't know this but Firewalker apparently gives status immunity, as someone here pointed out earlier.  Definitely on my radar now.

3 hours ago, Zeyez said:

Hysteria doesn't use power range at all except for the exilus augment

I was under the impression that the augment was actually acceptable to have a bit of range for. Duration isn't needed at such extreme levels because Warcry has an augment that fixes that, and there is a limit to how cheap you can make Hysteria which efficiency and duration both contribute to.

Even 100% range is enough for Radial Blind, and can be used for more than just stealth multipliers. Each to their own though, ofc.

46 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I was under the impression that the augment was actually acceptable to have a bit of range for. Duration isn't needed at such extreme levels because Warcry has an augment that fixes that, and there is a limit to how cheap you can make Hysteria which efficiency and duration both contribute to

duration has various purposes: 

• reduce energy upkeep cost from hysteria (replacing efficiency, since you can just cast less by having longer abilities)
  • raise the duration effects for radial blind | silence
  • raise the base duration of the warcry
  • raise the bonus duration from Eternal War augment

in last case, its more gameplay adjustment, since if you pretend to buff your team just once  at beginning and keep it active all the time, using over 200% duration (>4 seconds bonus per kill) is easier for that than calling the squad to be in one place from time to time
again, that part depends on the player and if others will allow you to kill enough enemies

20 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

Duration has various purposes: 

• reduce energy upkeep cost from hysteria (replacing efficiency, since you can just cast less by having longer abilities)
  • raise the duration effects for radial blind | silence
  • raise the base duration of the warcry
  • raise the bonus duration from Eternal War augment

Yes, I'm aware? Explaining basic mechanics doesn't really change what I said. It's entirely possible to make a viable build without Narrow Minded, and in such a build I would without a doubt opt for Radial Blind instead.

It's the same situation with Wukong. For that build you mentioned earlier, yes, I can see the value in Silence over Radial Blind. But I'm saying that by adjusting the build and using Radial Blind instead you'll have a better CC ability.

• Like 2

Probably swap in Roar for Paralysis as I never use Paralysis and am a basic bish - I use her for perma Hysteria in high-level endurance solo survival so I hope this will make it even easier to pop heavy gunners with my kicks. >:3

Defy, Firewalker, and Eclipse are all possibilities for my Warcry build - Defy might be pretty cool!

Edited by Anaktoria
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Anaktoria said:

Defy might be pretty cool!

Struggling to see why people want Defy. It's the ability I use the least with Wukong.

Arcane Guardian coupled with good use of Cloudwalker is already enough, even for Steel Path. Another 1,500 armour is pointless. Quite happy I can swap it out, although the fact that I can swap it out doesn't mean I'm happy with the ability the way it is.

I felt like it needed to do more on release, and I still think that now.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

Struggling to see why people want Defy. It's the ability I use the least with Wukong.

Hey at least it actually does something.

...Unlike Radial Javelin which even with its augment is pretty much useless.

Just now, Aldain said:

Hey at least it actually does something.

...Unlike Radial Javelin which even with its augment is pretty much useless.

1,500 armour I don't need and a small damage spin that takes so long to charge up I could just melee the enemies instead?

95 missions out of 100, I class that as useless. :tongue:

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

1,500 armour I don't need and a small damage spin that takes so long to charge up I could just melee the enemies instead?

95 missions out of 100, I class that as useless. :tongue:

Radial is like 99 out of 100 useless, and the augment brings that down to 98, so I'd say it is still a bit better overall, even if only technically.

...Though I do think Excal and Wukong need some tweaks personally, Exalted Melee as a whole (except for Baruuk) aren't in a good place at the moment.

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Goddamn technicalities.

At least 5 non-family people have told me I should have become a lawyer in my lifetime because of how often I note technicalities.

As the days pass I feel more and more that they might have been right...