Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Mains! What ability are you going to give her?

gabuchan

17 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Struggling to see why people want Defy. It's the ability I use the least with Wukong.

Arcane Guardian coupled with good use of Cloudwalker is already enough, even for Steel Path. Another 1,500 armour is pointless. Quite happy I can swap it out, although the fact that I can swap it out doesn't mean I'm happy with the ability the way it is.

I felt like it needed to do more on release, and I still think that now.

I made a Defy nuke meme build and trolled in solo Steel Path Mot with it. It was really fun. I'm thinking Defy on Valkyr gives her an extra form of immortality plus a cute AoE clear.

On the other hand, after thinking about it, Defy nuke stat building is pretty much directly antithetical to my stats for either Warcry-only or perma-Hysteria + Warcry builds, so...might not be so doable after all.

3 hours ago, Anaktoria said:

I'm thinking Defy on Valkyr gives her an extra form of immortality plus a cute AoE clear

As you already noted, the AoE isn't viable with your build. It's generally slower than just meleeing anyway. Ice Elemental Ward will grant more armour than Defy as well on Valkyr.

1,050 at base on the prime compared to Defy's unmoddable 750.

7 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

As you already noted, the AoE isn't viable with your build. It's generally slower than just meleeing anyway. Ice Elemental Ward will grant more armour than Defy as well on Valkyr.

Imo the only reason anyone should rlly get defy is just for the invulnerability and status cleanse. Frees up a slot for builds that rely on rolling guard

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

True. Sue me, I just got overly excited at the thought of smacking people with a big glowing staff as Valkyr and didn't stop to think of the actual stats involved. :(

1 hour ago, Anaktoria said:

Sue me

Alright then. Due to the mental damage sustained by myself through reading your excitement for using Defy, I claim entitlement to er... 3 whole plat in reparations. 

How do you plead? Objection objection. Nothing more your honour.

Man, I would do great in court.

Archived