Jump to content

Nekros needs a rework


Recommended Posts

Nekros he is a good frame but the problem is outside of desecrate and showdown of the dead, he is useless. His 1 to too bad to be viable in any way, terrify is good and cool, but it’s just kinda lackluster. And to top it all off he has poor survivability on his own even with his passive. If DE could give him some love that would be nice.   Thoughts?:

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly you have no idea how to mod him,Nekros doesn't need a rework at all,he can be a perfect farmer or a tank,even hybrid,his first ability is not really good,that's true,it does not deal decent dmg and it does not work with his other abilities,but like on many other frames,their first abilities are always weaker,because not all abilities are meant to be overpowered.

Also there is an augment for his first ability.

  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, (XB1)CI shadow2397 said:

His 1 to too bad to be viable in any way, terrify is good and cool, but it’s just kinda lackluster

You got that damn right.  I been augring non stop about this everytime its a super gag, a absolutely mediocre and top of it all that abusive meme (I can make players fetch the enemy, don't ask how just his 1 and special ability to make enemies float in the air).

10 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

Helminth is the solution.

this is about rework, not try replace with solution that is a biggest problem.  He is dieing for super rework from the very start, his original before all his crazy rework was super terrible, everytime his desecrate ability is 3rd mediocre and they change it because his old desecrate if anyone remember you have to FLIPPING DANG NAB IT PRESS 3 QUICKLY BECAUSE THE DEAD BODIES DISAPPEARED TOO FAST!  Top of it off they never change his 1 and 2 they KEPT IT THE WAY IT IS! This gag of a joke been over more then flipping decades more likely when his day pop up the 1st time never got change and they kept him like how Ember was or Vauban that got SO MANY TIME DENIED FOR REWORK! I won't let this be denied for a REWORK!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

His 1 ability should of have a chance if killing an or more then 1 enemy for the chance it turn perimeter undead ally like how Inaros when he ate his enemies it turn into sand being.  For I would like change his "RAGDOLL" just a stun spot because I made so many enemies flying to space thanks to the update for I can send my enemies to space and drop them millions of miles across the map!  Also renaming "Soul Punch" to be "Slander Shell" because it was terrible gag that is top the worst name ever stuck with it on day 1 he show up

His 2nd ability how I wanted have the that mod augment that pose to make every enemies slow just slap it down implemented already with it because it is better not have separate mod because it is a waste and make it terrible using the mod because no one had freaking USE THAT MOD FOR WHAT REASON?!  It it is better come up with dmg reduction from the enemies with that mod unless you prefer my 2nd option making terrified to decrease enemies's aim power and dmg so it show that you can debuff enemeis a heck a lot.

Edited by ChaoticEdge
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree.

I'd change his 1 to be an execute. Something like this:

Nekros punches a target with extreme force, separating its soul from its body and sending the target's body flying in the opposite direction. The punch deals 40/60/80/100% of the target's maximum HP as true damage. Souls will fight for Nekros and do not count towards Shadows of the Dead's limit. The targets body becomes a projectile dealing 20/30/40/50% of its maximum HP evenly distributed as IPS damage (scales with str). Has a 8/7/6/5s cooldown.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (XB1)CI shadow2397 said:

Thoughts?:

I think the possibility of any frames getting reworked at all looks bleaker now that people can start saying "JuSt UsE HeLmInTh", like swapping an ability is an adequate substitute for reworking a frame; it's not. we still need reworks.

that said, Nekros does need one, at least for his 1 and 2. personally I'm gonna have to go with the Helminth Band-aid for now, at least until the day our lord and Saviour pablo looks at our resident bone daddy. think I'll go for Blood Altar. 

3 hours ago, Kconvey said:

Helminth is the solution.

see?  this^ is what i'm talking about. no, Helminth is NOT a substitute for actual reworks, it's a band-aid at the absolute best.  every frame should have a kit that at least looks unique, even if they do the same things as other frames, as we're way past the point of overlapping abilities.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, -FrutyX- said:

Clearly you have no idea how to mod him,Nekros doesn't need a rework at all,he can be a perfect farmer or a tank,even hybrid,his first ability is not really good,that's true,it does not deal decent dmg and it does not work with his other abilities,but like on many other frames,their first abilities are always weaker,because not all abilities are meant to be overpowered.

Also there is an augment for his first ability.

I know how to Mod Nekros. He’s a great tank/support/Farmer.

But he needs rework because all those roles are provided by ONE ability. The rest of him is lackluster and weak.

Shadows is the perfect ability to experiment buffing minion damage with. And Nekros as a whole is the perfect frame to do a minion controller frame design on. Reworking his 1,2 and 4 and keeping his 3 the same can only benefit him and make him more than just “loot frame”.

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, (XB1)CI shadow2397 said:

Nekros he is a good frame but the problem is outside of desecrate and showdown of the dead, he is useless. His 1 to too bad to be viable in any way, terrify is good and cool, but it’s just kinda lackluster. And to top it all off he has poor survivability on his own even with his passive. If DE could give him some love that would be nice.   Thoughts?:

I just gave him Shooting Gallery, and his survivability is much better.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

Agree.

I'd change his 1 to be an execute. Something like this:

Nekros punches a target with extreme force, separating its soul from its body and sending the target's body flying in the opposite direction. The punch deals 40/60/80/100% of the target's maximum HP as true damage. Souls will fight for Nekros and do not count towards Shadows of the Dead's limit. The targets body becomes a projectile dealing 20/30/40/50% of its maximum HP evenly distributed as IPS damage (scales with str). Has a 8/7/6/5s cooldown.

maybe not 40/60/80/100% since i could see that as OP but at least 15/30/45/60% hp which is a good balance.

Can we also talk about why DE won't put percentage into the equation when it comes with Warframe ability damage?

They want to use specific numbers but not percentage. If you took Nyx's bolts & allowed them to do 15% of the enemies hp, that would be a giant upgrade, Limbo's cataclysm does 5% damage upon entering & leaving the rift or at least let loki's disarm do 10% damage to enemies health. all of these examples would allow these warframes to scale endlessly.

Just think of a useless warframe ability that does damage but there's no point in using due to its low damage numbers & scale that to 5% - 15% & those warframes scale up to endgame.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Let’s not turn Helminth into a rework replacer.

Helminth is the situational rework replacer. Nekros is the king of farming that already has a fantastic ability (with the augment) and a great ability (with the augment). Replacing one of his other abilities with a better one is a band-aid that is good enough.

Grendel on the other hand has structural issues that require a rework to fix, since none of his abilities work if he isn't suffering from an energy drain. (Honestly, if they changed the energy penalty to a movement penalty, he'd be viable and it would make more sense anyway)

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

A better passive, add a percentage or enemy level scaling on Soul Punch, rework or add a new mechanic to Terrify, and give his Souls enemy level scaling damage. Boom, relevant for more than farming and high effort face tanking.

Edited by trst
Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick fix before the rework:

Passive: kills also give stacking armor capped at 1000.

Desecrate: scale with power strength

Shadows: faster cast, lose health slower, always provide 90% DR no matter how many you have out.

Let's have these out by end of the month team. Thanks.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

ngl nekros rework would be the best thing in warframe for me, rn he kinda just a lootbot or a tanky lootbot, no necromancy at all

And i love how people says "Nekros doesn't need a rework at all", "shadows with killing capability would be too op", and yet, absolutly the same people:  """power fantasy"""

sure.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that Helminth is the solution. Advanced builds for Nekros are already good, and several frames have a throw away ability, which makes it more inviting to replace with something better. With some of the ability combinations proving to be ridiculously powerful, I feel like they missed the name labeled on the box they opened. I'm curious to see what happens next. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe in the future, I'd be seriously mad if he gets a rework before frost and hydroid. His 1 augment is kind of unique, it's bad but it's there and terrify is a good spell.

Edited by Galuf
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blaudari said:

maybe not 40/60/80/100% since i could see that as OP but at least 15/30/45/60% hp which is a good balance.

Can we also talk about why DE won't put percentage into the equation when it comes with Warframe ability damage?

They want to use specific numbers but not percentage. If you took Nyx's bolts & allowed them to do 15% of the enemies hp, that would be a giant upgrade, Limbo's cataclysm does 5% damage upon entering & leaving the rift or at least let loki's disarm do 10% damage to enemies health. all of these examples would allow these warframes to scale endlessly.

Just think of a useless warframe ability that does damage but there's no point in using due to its low damage numbers & scale that to 5% - 15% & those warframes scale up to endgame.

Hm... I thought it'd be balanced with a cooldown. 

 

But I agree. We need more %HP damage. At higher levels, flat values won't cut it anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp everyone agree this forum?  Good it is time to do it like how we all do it like how we should of ask long ago just like how vauban need barged in and demand a rework.  I meant twitch/twitter them about the nekros's rework demands as good civilized person without toxic spewing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, trst said:

A better passive, add a percentage or enemy level scaling on Soul Punch, rework or add a new mechanic to Terrify, and give his Souls enemy level scaling damage. Boom, relevant for more than farming and high effort face tanking.

Oooo.... "enemy level scaling on Soul Punch" .... that would be AWESOME!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...