41 minutes ago, (PS4)Cool_TRG said:

i dont understand what your saying due to your grammar, im not trying to be rude but it is hard to understand could you rephrase it?

*sigh* Isn't this your google paper here?

On 2020-09-26 at 12:20 PM, (PS4)Cool_TRG said:

I just said that would be a new frame good on paper that would be the name for your new frame more likely you wrote that if you want this implanted into nekros or become a new frame, in a way you suggested for I am telling you simple as fact it sounded like a new frame because the fact is nekros is on the base discussion of rework but the idea you imported as property sounded the frame is a type of new frame that would be in the game.  This is I refer giving a name of that frame that would of been nice ring for it lucrecio for your base on frame put into nekros is actually seem whole new frame system.

3 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

*sigh* Isn't this your google paper here?

I just said that would be a new frame good on paper that would be the name for your new frame more likely you wrote that if you want this implanted into nekros or become a new frame, in a way you suggested for I am telling you simple as fact it sounded like a new frame because the fact is nekros is on the base discussion of rework but the idea you imported as property sounded the frame is a type of new frame that would be in the game.  This is I refer giving a name of that frame that would of been nice ring for it lucrecio for your base on frame put into nekros is actually seem whole new frame system.

sorry for being annoying....

i dont know much and im really confused. i just wanted to know if the name had any reason behind it because most warframe names have some significance to the real world. like loki being related to the god of trickery.

1 час назад, (PS4)Cool_TRG сказал:

first of all it took me a while to understand what you are saying and also the discussion of nekros isnt to support oberon ok? its to make his kit in general better and more fitting.

i do understand that nekroses shadows have faults but for you to say that nekros should have all his abilitys changed except for his farming ability is the most selfish thing that i have ever heard. his shadows are the one thing he uses to actually survive and his desicrate has no tactical advantage or power in a real mission it gives more drops and that sort of helps but it still shouldnt by my standards even exist as an ability. if you dont like nekros thats fine but oberon isnt the center of attention in this situation. 

Always hard to write from phone. 

I’ve just told my personal opinion, Necros is one of the worst designed warframes for me. With Helminth you don’t need such crap like shadows for surviving ( in current state), just put molt if you need it, and you will be great.

There is just completely nothing fun and interactive in this frame as for me

27 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

Always hard to write from phone. 

I’ve just told my personal opinion, Necros is one of the worst designed warframes for me. With Helminth you don’t need such crap like shadows for surviving ( in current state), just put molt if you need it, and you will be great.

There is just completely nothing fun and interactive in this frame as for me

if you dont like the basis of the frame dont use it. you obviously dont understand what nekros is and if you dont then dont use him. to the point of what your trying to say

is like saying you dont like trinity because she is a support and she should be like rhino and be a tank. nekros isnt oberon (a support and cc frame) nekros is a summoner

for you to say that nekroses 4th is usless and should be changed is like saying that rhinos hardened skin should be replaced, you cant take out the theme of a warframe it doesnt make sense. 

• Like 1
Just now, (PS4)Cool_TRG said:

if you dont like the basis of the frame dont use it. you obviously dont understand what nekros is and if you dont then dont use him. to the point of what your trying to say

is like saying you dont like trinity because she is a support and she should be like rhino and be a tank. nekros isnt oberon (a support and cc frame) nekros is a summoner

for you to say that nekroses 4th is usless and should be changed is like saying that rhinos hardened skin should be replaced, you cant take out the theme of a warframe it doesnt make sense. 

also nekroses shadows are over powered because they can reduce his damage taken by 90%

1 минуту назад, (PS4)Cool_TRG сказал:

I don’t like trinity too nowdays. It was good support in past , but now she can be used only in Eidolon hunt. Because she gets outdated. And so she’s pretty useless now. It’s not Trinity 2014 when you cast 4 and shoot with Ogris under yourself. 

I was playing the game when nekros skills were this: 1- useless garbage, 2- useless garbage, 3- spam this button as fast as you can, 4- useless garbage. I’m okay with summoning theme, but Necros is broken on its base. His skills become a bit better only with augments and that’s a problem as for me. He need complete redesign of his skills. How can be summoner viable when enemies have millions of EHP and very poor attack in comparison? 

28 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

I don’t like trinity too nowdays. It was good support in past , but now she can be used only in Eidolon hunt. Because she gets outdated. And so she’s pretty useless now. It’s not Trinity 2014 when you cast 4 and shoot with Ogris under yourself. 

I was playing the game when nekros skills were this: 1- useless garbage, 2- useless garbage, 3- spam this button as fast as you can, 4- useless garbage. I’m okay with summoning theme, but Necros is broken on its base. His skills become a bit better only with augments and that’s a problem as for me. He need complete redesign of his skills. How can be summoner viable when enemies have millions of EHP and very poor attack in comparison? 

Might want to try playing the game again some time then, if you want to demand a rework or call something useless garbage.

Also..... when exactly did you need to spam his 3 as fast as you can? I glanced at the patch notes but didn't see them change anything on that to a toggled ability after release, so I'm guessing that you just had no clue what you were doing, and based an opinion on that, rather than anything that was actually in the game? Which if it also applies to the other things you said would fully explain why you have that opinion.

6 часов назад, (PS4)guzmantt1977 сказал:

Might want to try playing the game again some time then, if you want to demand a rework or call something useless garbage.

Also..... when exactly did you need to spam his 3 as fast as you can? I glanced at the patch notes but didn't see them change anything on that to a toggled ability after release, so I'm guessing that you just had no clue what you were doing, and based an opinion on that, rather than anything that was actually in the game? Which if it also applies to the other things you said would fully explain why you have that opinion.

His ability was spammable long time ago, if you don’t know/don’t remember this, ask more old players. 

It was not only me, it was a lot of people calling it. At least in my clan and only after adding augment with revive for his 1, some of my clanmates used him in Nightmare raid.

In old times If you would press his 4 in Void survival 4, people would not play endurance runs with you anymore. You could press 2, when you run to extraction, but many CC can do same thing same and even better.

That’s the problem with Necros, if you want his skills be useful , insert augment please. So you need 3 augments in build for Necros to start do something with his skills, or fine, at least one for shades, and you will do fine. Necros get better with removing self damage that for sure. Before this his shades were very good in killing teammates with explosive damage (and even Necros himself) lol.

1 hour ago, SpiritTeA said:

His ability was spammable long time ago, if you don’t know/don’t remember this, ask more old players. 

Funny because I just did. And you still haven't told me. I'm waiting for an actual answer. And like I said if you haven’t played with him since then why do you think yourself qualified to ask for a rework when you obviously don't know Jack about the frame as it exists now? 

It's kinda like insisting that cars should get a rework, because you don't like how cars looked in the 60's. 

It was not only me, it was a lot of people calling it. At least in my clan and only after adding augment with revive for his 1, some of my clanmates used him in Nightmare raid.

So you're talking about people who had an opinion some time in 2014 maybe? https://forums.warframe.com/topic/328727-warframe-archwing/

What makes you think that those opinions are relevant in any way 6 years later? 

In old times If you would press his 4 in Void survival 4, people would not play endurance runs with you anymore. You could press 2, when you run to extraction, but many CC can do same thing same and even better.

Again, when are you talking about, what year? And why do you think that it is in any way relevant to the game as it exists today? 

That’s the problem with Necros, if you want his skills be useful , insert augment please. So you need 3 augments in build for Necros to start do something with his skills, or fine, at least one for shades, and you will do fine. Necros get better with removing self damage that for sure. Before this his shades were very good in killing teammates with explosive damage (and even Necros himself) lol.

So in other words you really aren't particularly familiar with the frame and its abilities, but felt that you would be able to have a meaningful conversation about it? 

And you don't see how that's the only real problem here? 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Funny because I just did. And you still haven't told me. I'm waiting for an actual answer. And like I said if you haven’t played with him since then why do you think yourself qualified to ask for a rework when you obviously don't know Jack about the frame as it exists now? 

If it matters, Nekros got a mini rework at some point.  Desecrate used to be a single cast - it would vaporize all bodies in range at the instant it was cast.  It was crazy energy hungry and not all that powerful because enemies stop existing a second or two after they vanish from sight.  And obviously any in range that aren't dead *yet* wouldn't be affected either.

I don't ever remember the pets inflicting self damage, but the 4 was also changed at some point to make the shadows a bit more obvious.  The thing about survival was probably from before they were made all inky and wavy though, when casting it added a ton of pets that looked... close enough to the other NPCs that people would reliably shoot them.  A lot.  So I guess they were kind of a weak CC on your own team.

As for Nekros "being useless" and needing all his powers stripped and remade... I know Tactical Potato isn't the most Uber Meta Player EVAH.  But he's got at least two recent videos about using Nekros in long Steel Path missions for resource farming and such.

10 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

If it matters, Nekros got a mini rework at some point.  Desecrate used to be a single cast - it would vaporize all bodies in range at the instant it was cast.  It was crazy energy hungry and not all that powerful because enemies stop existing a second or two after they vanish from sight.  And obviously any in range that aren't dead *yet* wouldn't be affected either.

Closest thing I'm seeing in the patch notes is a comment about not affecting enemies playing death animations some time in 2016. Also what you just described wouldn't explain the "spam this as fast as you can" that they wrote, because you wouldn't want spam it if what you said was right, it would be a kill many quickly, then press once, wouldn't it?

I don't ever remember the pets inflicting self damage, but the 4 was also changed at some point to make the shadows a bit more obvious.  The thing about survival was probably from before they were made all inky and wavy though, when casting it added a ton of pets that looked... close enough to the other NPCs that people would reliably shoot them.  A lot.  So I guess they were kind of a weak CC on your own team. 

Even with them glowing a vivid colour, or even jet black, people still do that from time to time, until they make the connection. Then they say "oh okay". Even happens to the players who have just started playing Nekros trying to kill their own shadowsm

As for Nekros "being useless" and needing all his powers stripped and remade... I know Tactical Potato isn't the most Uber Meta Player EVAH.  But he's got at least two recent videos about using Nekros in long Steel Path missions for resource farming and such.

Agreed. He's by no means a "useless" frame. Yes his soul punch could do with a glance, but since we have Helminth, there's a range of options someone can use to replace it without any problems. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)Cool_TRG said:

also nekroses shadows are over powered because they can reduce his damage taken by 90%

You mean it's amazing ability to reduce damage taken while eating up a mod-slot? Because it sure as hell doesn't do jack without that augment. You know, like 3/4 of his abilities.

If you dont understand the basis of the frame dont use it.

Edited by (PS4)GingyGreen
2 часа назад, (PS4)guzmantt1977 сказал:

It's kinda like insisting that cars should get a rework, because you don't like how cars looked in the 60's. 

So you're talking about people who had an opinion some time in 2014 maybe? https://forums.warframe.com/topic/328727-warframe-archwing/

What makes you think that those opinions are relevant in any way 6 years later? 

Again, when are you talking about, what year? And why do you think that it is in any way relevant to the game as it exists today? 

So in other words you really aren't particularly familiar with the frame and its abilities, but felt that you would be able to have a meaningful conversation about it? 

And you don't see how that's the only real problem here? 

By self killing I meant when you shoot from Ogris or Penta, and grenade hits this “useful” shade that just walks around. It’s old example, but it was very relevant. I am familiar with the frame, it’s my 5th most used frame and I’ve already said , Necros IS TRASH WITHOUT AUGMENTS. It’s the ONLY FRAME that has nothing without augments literally. I really cannot think of any other warframe for which augments are mandatory. Maybe some are very nice to have, but overall you’re fine without it. But not Necros. And it’s still relevant, because he wasn’t reworked like Saryn (She just jumps from nerf to rework but still) or Oberon, which are overall good frames nowdays after all the changes. 

If you cannot understand what does it mean, I cannot help it, sorry. 

Edited by SpiritTeA
3 hours ago, SpiritTeA said:

By self killing I meant when you shoot from Ogris or Penta, and grenade hits this “useful” shade that just walks around. 

Which of those two weapons is dealing the slash damage again? Oh right. And let's face it the whole "I keep shooting the ones close to me with self damage weapons, and damage myself" while an interesting argument isn't really saying that Nekros is trash. Just says that the player who is using him might need to do a bit of introspection. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

You mean it's amazing ability to reduce damage taken while eating up a mod-slot? Because it sure as hell doesn't do jack without that augment. You know, like 3/4 of his abilities.

You can use all of the abilities without the augments, and see a benefit from them. The augments do this thing where they "augment" the powers making them even more useful. Funny how that works isn't it? Augments that augment? Who'd have thought. Most frames will benefit from the addition of an augment mods, if that's what suits your play style. Nekros just happens to have more than one which most players think significantly benefits them. 

For example those shadows reduce the damage you take, in multiple ways even without the augment, they attack enemies dealing damage and in the long run, killing quite a few. The have very high aggro, so the enemies get distracted and attack them instead of focusing on you and the squad. So while they're active you do see a reduction in incoming damage in an equivalent situation. You just don't pass the vast majority of the damage you are actually taking over to your Shadows. 

Same goes for Desecrate. There's no reason that you can't use it without the augment, but it's very energy hungry, so you'll need to build taking that into consideration if you want to keep it up the majority of the time. 

I'm sorry that your youtu.be didn't explain all of this to you, but hey, if you can't figure out how the frame works, maybe you can try using it and figuring it out? 

38 минут назад, (PS4)guzmantt1977 сказал:

Which of those two weapons is dealing the slash damage again? Oh right. And let's face it the whole "I keep shooting the ones close to me with self damage weapons, and damage myself" while an interesting argument isn't really saying that Nekros is trash. Just says that the player who is using him might need to do a bit of introspection. 

You can use all of the abilities without the augments, and see a benefit from them. The augments do this thing where they "augment" the powers making them even more useful. Funny how that works isn't it? Augments that augment? Who'd have thought. Most frames will benefit from the addition of an augment mods, if that's what suits your play style. Nekros just happens to have more than one which most players think significantly benefits them. 

For example those shadows reduce the damage you take, in multiple ways even without the augment, they attack enemies dealing damage and in the long run, killing quite a few. The have very high aggro, so the enemies get distracted and attack them instead of focusing on you and the squad. So while they're active you do see a reduction in incoming damage in an equivalent situation. You just don't pass the vast majority of the damage you are actually taking over to your Shadows. 

Same goes for Desecrate. There's no reason that you can't use it without the augment, but it's very energy hungry, so you'll need to build taking that into consideration if you want to keep it up the majority of the time. 

I'm sorry that your youtu.be didn't explain all of this to you, but hey, if you can't figure out how the frame works, maybe you can try using it and figuring it out? 

I don’t see any point keeping our discussion after seeing  your arguments, especially  about shadows, you even didn’t say anything about first and second skills, if you’re fine chasing every single creep running away from you - have fun. You can easily survive anything by  using  parkour and operator’s mode, you don’t need any pseudo-surviving skill,  it’s not right example. I can say “ Valkyr 3 is awesome spell, it can micro-stun enemies in front of you and give you time to react!1”

26 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

I don’t see any point keeping our discussion after seeing  your arguments, especially  about shadows, you even didn’t say anything about first and second skills, if you’re fine chasing every single creep running away from you - have fun. You can easily survive anything by  using  parkour and operator’s mode, you don’t need any pseudo-surviving skill,  it’s not right example. I can say “ Valkyr 3 is awesome spell, it can micro-stun enemies in front of you and give you time to react!1”

Oh I am pretty sure that the first and second were already discussed on this thread, and I believe that I already explained explained the usefulness of the 2, especially in situations where you don't have your shadows up yet, or are incapable of turning them on, and pointed out that if you really don't like the 1, there's the Helminth system for that. 

Also I see that you can't figure out how drawing fire from anything other than yourself could be a useful tool, which suggests that you are just unfamiliar with the fact that sometimes we need to defend other objectives in this game. Again this is not really a case of the frame or ability being trash just because a player can't figure out what to do with it, as much as it is that the player is suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect. 

Soul Punch really needs a rework, at the very least. Here's my idea:

Rips at a target's soul, dealing 150/250/350/500 True damage + 0,7/0,8/0,9/1,0 True damage per missing health it has (Meaning, it instakills the target if it is at 41/44/47/50% of its max health). This sends the target flying and pulls part of its soul to Nekros. Once the soul reaches Nekros, it heals Nekros and all allies within 25/30/35/40 meter range of Nekros. Healing is 15/25/35/50 health per second for 10 seconds for Nekros, other players and all companions. All other allies (such as Nekros' Shadows, Nyx Mind Control target etc), however, are healed an amount equal to 10% of the entire Soul Punch's damage dealt per second for 10 seconds.

More Ability Strength increases the flat damage (and the flat heal), more Ability Range increases cast range and healing radius, more Ability Duration increases the healing duration (without reducing the heal/tick!).

While the numbers can be adjusted, the point is that it would make it an execution ability AND a groupheal ability, perfect for both maintaining his current Shadows, and to make sure he gets specific kills for his SotD-cast, synergizing perfectly and naturally with his SotD skill.

On 2020-09-29 at 3:20 AM, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

yea the basis of the frame is summoner and even though it takes a mod slot thats just to increase the benefits of him, ill admit his summons need a practical rework with their AI but still in concept he is a summoner so he should be focused on that.

not about boosting a #*!%ing farming abillity. 

also when you consider a warframe you have to take the augments as being true abillities because all the older frames need them because thay were DE's origional failures (with a few exceptions of course) the newer warframes are better in general than the older ones and thats because DE learned from their mistakes.

also thats sort-of the point that im trying to make is that  because of how bad his summons currently are they need a boost. not to be removed entirely. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Cool_TRG said:

yea the basis of the frame is summoner and even though it takes a mod slot thats just to increase the benefits of him, ill admit his summons need a practical rework with their AI but still in concept he is a summoner so he should be focused on that.

not about boosting a #*!%ing farming abillity. 

also when you consider a warframe you have to take the augments as being true abillities because all the older frames need them because thay were DE's origional failures (with a few exceptions of course) the newer warframes are better in general than the older ones and thats because DE learned from their mistakes.

also thats sort-of the point that im trying to make is that  because of how bad his summons currently are they need a boost. not to be removed entirely. 

The ai I can maybe agree about, but I'd say that ai in general. Only thing I'd like to see is the "captured souls buffer" tweaked so we retain at least a few in the event of death during a long run, so our survivability isn't totally wiped out. 

I definitely wouldn't call the shadows bad per se, they deal a decent amount of damage for non-players and have an okay health buff compared to their base stats, and like I said earlier it's rare to have just 7 of them when playing against grineer or infested. 

В 01.09.2020 в 21:21, (XB1)CI shadow2397 сказал:

And to top it all off he has poor survivability on his own even with his passive.

hahaha are you sirious op?! Dude is freakin IMMORTAL with this aug.

3XUjx2G.png

on top of that hyper usefull 3 and Frear on 2 that strip armor. Only useless skill is 1 and you can swap it in helminth.

Necros is still A+ tier as usual he dont need any reworks.

Edited by Gasau
  • Like 1
On 2020-09-29 at 2:34 AM, EmberStar said:

yes but the point we are trying to make is that his arming ability should be his augment 

an idea like this would be like his 1 being a damage increasing ability like when used it would make selected targets be prioritized by shadows and take more damage

his 2would be an aoe of some sort i was thinking a buff for his summons and a debuff for enemies, but really what would be good if this abillity could command his minions like attack, defend, and a directional attack to one spot i think his desecrate should stay as like it is but his desecrate when activated will give a 100 percent chance of granting ammo, health orbs, energy orbs, but no resources and depending on the ammo type picked up would give different small buffs that could stack, the augment would be that instead of energy orbs and stuff like that it would give resources, both would have a chance to drop life support though. and his 4th would be the same just with better ai and 12or 10 instead of 7, his shield of shadows would also be lesser per each shadow.

14 minutes ago, Gasau said:

hahaha are you sirious op?! Dude is freakin IMMORTAL with this aug.

3XUjx2G.png

on top of that hyper usefull 3 and Frear on 2 that strip armor. Only useless skill is 1 and you can swap it in helminth.

Necros is still A+ tier as usual he dont need any reworks.

i think he needs his 3 other abilities to contribute more to synergy with his summons.

They should give him a new #1, a pseudo-exalted scythe similar to whipclaw, landslide and gara's lash. I also wouldnt mind a rework to his shadows of the dead since I just hate the skill, it is just so overly intrusive with the number of souls it summons. Give him a massive flesh golem -like construct instead that simply provides Nekros with a 90% damage reduction (based on strength), then give the skill a toggle mechanic which decides what type of weapon the golem will use, primary, secondary or melee, which then benefits from the mods in your P/S/M weapon.

Edited by SneakyErvin
6 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

They should give him a new #1, a pseudo-exalted scythe similar to whipclaw, landslide and gara's lash. I also wouldnt mind a rework to his shadows of the dead since I just hate the skill, it is just so overly intrusive with the number of souls it summons. Give him a massive flesh golem -like construct instead that simply provides Nekros with a 90% damage reduction (based on strength), then give the skill a toggle mechanic which decides what type of weapon the golem will use, primary, secondary or melee, which then benefits from the mods in your P/S/M weapon.

no we already have something like that and also the groups of summons are supposed to originally take attention away from enemies or intercept bullets.

and if you are going to claim that atlas is bad go ahead but if you want a summoner like that go complain there not here. btw i have an atlas rework that would make him 100% better, if his rumblers gave rubble on kills and depending on the amount of rubble would increase the damage and armor of his rumblers. along with depending on how much rubble you have at cast will increase its duration. i was also thinking that if you used them near a bulwark it would absorb it and give the rumblers shields to hold and block projectiles with and if you re cast the bulwark sheild or it breaks it will explode and do a large radial petrify around the rumblers along with healing their health.

i also think that all summons should be based on a health drain system instead of a set time duration but that's just me.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Cool_TRG said:

yes but the point we are trying to make is that his arming ability should be his augment 

an idea like this would be like his 1 being a damage increasing ability like when used it would make selected targets be prioritized by shadows and take more damage

his 2would be an aoe of some sort i was thinking a buff for his summons and a debuff for enemies, but really what would be good if this abillity could command his minions like attack, defend, and a directional attack to one spot i think his desecrate should stay as like it is but his desecrate when activated will give a 100 percent chance of granting ammo, health orbs, energy orbs, but no resources and depending on the ammo type picked up would give different small buffs that could stack, the augment would be that instead of energy orbs and stuff like that it would give resources, both would have a chance to drop life support though. and his 4th would be the same just with better ai and 12or 10 instead of 7, his shield of shadows would also be lesser per each shadow.

Honestly most of those ideas suck for very obvious reasons.

For the 2: What good is a buff for summons, if you don't have any summons? What you described otherwise is exactly what his 2 is, an aoe enemy debuff. 15 m, 20% armour strip for 20 enemies, for 25 seconds. And that's without any augment. 

For the 3: His 3 gives abundant health orbs, to the point where a newb I was helping to farm tellurium was saying that the enemies were destroying his shields and damaging his health, but he was sucking up health so fast that he couldn't die even if he wanted to. With the right mods we're also getting energy for every health orb, so both remain topped up, and the augment sips health, so we're always absorbing orbs to stay topped off. The dominance of melee weapons means that ammo is nice but not really needed. Your suggestion is a direct downgrade of the ability 

The 4: Do you own one of those "press this button to magically create better ai" buttons? Are you planning on lending one to DE? Also the limit of shadows is not 7. Anyone who plays Nekros and uses the ability knows this for a fact. They also know that with the augment and a bit of management a base of 7 shadows makes us nearly invincible. The only way we get a base of 10 or 12 is if they nerf the hell out of them. 

Not all changes are good. The ones you are asking for are not good.