Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tactical Reload, Lock & Load, Eject Magazine

XennethKeisere

Every once in awhile I notice some guns can't use these mods. I just learned the Trumna, a weapon that I was very interested in, can't use Tactical Reload. Considering it has a 5 second reload, this one detail completely killed any urge I had to farm it.

Is there a rhyme or reason as to why some guns have this lack of being able to use these mods? Is it a bug? Is there a certain quality of the weapon that meets criteria that exempts it from these mods? Or is it Russian roulette and Trumna got the raw end of the deal?

Hope my post isn't too rude, but I'm not gonna lie...this is rather frustrating for me.

hace 19 minutos, XennethKeisere dijo:

Every once in awhile I notice some guns can't use these mods. I just learned the Trumna, a weapon that I was very interested in, can't use Tactical Reload. Considering it has a 5 second reload, this one detail completely killed any urge I had to farm it.

Is there a rhyme or reason as to why some guns have this lack of being able to use these mods? Is it a bug? Is there a certain quality of the weapon that meets criteria that exempts it from these mods? Or is it Russian roulette and Trumna got the raw end of the deal?

Hope my post isn't too rude, but I'm not gonna lie...this is rather frustrating for me.

Well this is why 

Cannot be equipped on  non-assault rifles, rifles with AoE, or launchers

• Cannot be equipped on primary sniper riffle or bows/crossbows.

1 hour ago, XennethKeisere said:

Hm...I missed that detail. Where did it originate from?

He just copy-pasted it from the wiki. Someone listed a few weapons that TR doesn't work with, but the list definitely doesn't explain why TR is incompatible with certain guns in the first place (i.e. whether it's a bug or an intentional design choice by the devs). The list is neither complete nor official in any way. 
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Tactical_Reload

I agree with the OP. Whether the current system is intentional or not, Tactical Reload should work with every primary weapon available, at least in PVE.

Whaatt??

Ok, the card claims 'assault rifle', So I can kinda see that sniper, bows, and launchers don't qualify as 'assault rifle'

Except, I'm pretty sure last time an 'assault rifle only' sortie came around, it was legal to bring launchers, and stuff like the Ignis...

So just like the real world the term 'assault rifle' is pretty arbitrary huh?

yeah, just let it work on all Primary slot weapons. AoE is already nerfed by the self-stagger thing; don't need to double-dip on the nerfs and hurt reload utilities too....

Found another inconsistency -- Ferrox. The beam has an AoE on hit, and it's able to equip Tactical Reload. So unless it doesn't count as a "rifle with AoE" (which, being a speargun, maybe it does technically), this still shows some issues with the defining of what can and cannot use the Holster mods.

I don't suppose a DE rep would be able to supply feedback?

Archived