Jump to content

What are the most ridiculous reasons someone accused you of being toxic?


Recommended Posts

So, we all have met someone at some point who claims all sorts of things for no apparent reason.

Today, I was called "toxic".

But the thing is, I didn't do anything that would justify this.

 

Here's some background:

I rushed the Necramech because I couldn't wait any longer. Turns out the Mausolon in an Archgun, and you can switch between them. Now, I *could* use my Ayanga or Gratter, but I really wanted a new heavy machine gun other than the oversized Soma.

However, with all the XP bugs surrounding necramechs (xp resetting if you re-sommon the mech, etc. which still haven't been fixed) I decided to level the Mausolon in Archwing defense, like I did all the other guns.

So I decided to play on Salacia, a mobile defense with decent enemy spawns and easy defense locations. if you ever played on this map you probably know how easy it is, and that Elytron's AoE or Amesha's shield-bubble pretty much do all the work.

Anyway, in order to increase spawns and accelerate leveling, I decided to join a public match. And as expected, everyone was running off killing things, ignoring the objective. Understandable, everyone has Amesha nowadays, slap that bubble on the defense target and off you go - no worries. I did the same.

After that, joined another match on the same map. Same thing again. Pop bubble, run off, profit. Everyone did it, except for one guy.

And then, well, just look at the screenshot...

OC0iw1V.jpg

So basically this guy was getting pissed because "muh affinity". When really, he could have done what everyone does - kill stuff to get XP. This ain't Hydron, if you want XP, you gotta move a little, since enemies tend to get stuck everywhere.

 

At the end of the day this is just nother case of "damn randoms not doing what I say, everyone is stupid" but I just thought this one was kinda funny.

 

So, what's the most ridiculous reasons someone accused you of something in-game?

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was called a Toxic Ancient (Verbatim) who should leave the game for pointing out that the Lua Leans was a new reward that only holds value for those who were yet to complete their focus farm. I asked DE if it would have a secondary function for those who can't get anymore focus and was told to leave the game because I have milked it dry and I was complaining about having nothing to do.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, I'm with them. If you run off from the point chasing spawns you move the bubble of affinity generation away from the people who are actually defending the point and thus preventing everyone else from leveling. It's selfish behavior, and if not borderline toxic then is at least far from being a team player. 

  • Like 25
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sly_squash said:

Meh, I'm with them. If you run off from the point chasing spawns you move the bubble of affinity generation away from the people who are actually defending the point and thus preventing everyone else from leveling. It's selfish behavior, and if not borderline toxic then is at least far from being a team player. 

The thing is, while I was indeed "chasing enemies", I never went that far away. I always was within 1-200 meters, which is pretty close.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember joining a rando mission in progress, and immediately the mission failed, and the player who was obviously responsible for the failed mission blamed me and called me toxic and other names -- me, who literally just spawned into the mission. Clearly they didn't know how to manage their anger and were upset they failed the mission, and they took it out on the closest person nearby. Pathetic.

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

I remember joining a rando mission in progress, and immediately the mission failed, and the player who was obviously responsible for the failed mission blamed me and called me toxic and other names -- me, who literally just spawned into the mission not even 10 seconds prior to it failing. Clearly they didn't know how to manage their anger and  were upset they failed the mission, and they took it out on the closest person nearby. Pathetic.

#*!% I tried to edit it, but ended up quoting it instead. Forums are glitching and my CPU says it's at 100% despite only 1 non-essential background process is running. I really need to try and switch to Linux again.

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

so not because you were being sarcastic and they were dense enough to think you were A staff member?

I know that has happened atleast once

It's happened several times on here, indeed, but thankfully not in game.

8 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

'good luck, have fun'

You're not allowed to play PvP for fun. Either you win, or you're a disappointment to your entire family.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve never been called toxic, my personality is too intimidating, and my operator is the prettiest princess, so I can’t be toxic.

I also usually carry the whole pub without complaining, so there’s that.

You want to know who’s toxic? Pubbies who join your railjack and drain your flux in 5 seconds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skoomaseller said:

trying to sell an augment at 7p and not going any lower

Damn, sorry to hear. They clearly were taking advantage of your already low price and were intending to flip it for a greater profit. We've all experienced that plenty of times.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

Being Wukong.

Being Excalibur.

"Lol get a real frame noob" said somebody as I picked them up for the 3rd time in 5 waves of sortie defence.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

So, we all have met someone at some point who claims all sorts of things for no apparent reason.

Today, I was called "toxic".

But the thing is, I didn't do anything that would justify this.

 

Here's some background:

I rushed the Necramech because I couldn't wait any longer. Turns out the Mausolon in an Archgun, and you can switch between them. Now, I *could* use my Ayanga or Gratter, but I really wanted a new heavy machine gun other than the oversized Soma.

However, with all the XP bugs surrounding necramechs (xp resetting if you re-sommon the mech, etc. which still haven't been fixed) I decided to level the Mausolon in Archwing defense, like I did all the other guns.

So I decided to play on Salacia, a mobile defense with decent enemy spawns and easy defense locations. if you ever played on this map you probably know how easy it is, and that Elytron's AoE or Amesha's shield-bubble pretty much do all the work.

Anyway, in order to increase spawns and accelerate leveling, I decided to join a public match. And as expected, everyone was running off killing things, ignoring the objective. Understandable, everyone has Amesha nowadays, slap that bubble on the defense target and off you go - no worries. I did the same.

After that, joined another match on the same map. Same thing again. Pop bubble, run off, profit. Everyone did it, except for one guy.

And then, well, just look at the screenshot...

OC0iw1V.jpg

So basically this guy was getting pissed because "muh affinity". When really, he could have done what everyone does - kill stuff to get XP. This ain't Hydron, if you want XP, you gotta move a little, since enemies tend to get stuck everywhere.

 

At the end of the day this is just nother case of "damn randoms not doing what I say, everyone is stupid" but I just thought this one was kinda funny.

 

So, what's the most ridiculous reasons someone accused you of something in-game?

OP, I’m a bit older and let me just say that it the trendy thing to do...to call someone “toxic”.

Because the newest version of the word is LOADED with a narrative that favors the person using it in an attempt to immediately gain power over the accused.

In short, a power-play.

Let it go.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...