Heart of Deimos: Hotfix 29.0.6

There is a bug with the armor of the grineer heavy gunner armor it has been increased from 700 to 1400 at base ( including corrrupted variants ), i would say that its a bug cause the change doesnt appear on the patch notes. Also railjack hevy gunner variant is unnafected by this bug :/ 

Also, would you fix the invalid launch point, when you transfer out of your mech and back into your Warframe, to launch an archwing, it is a persistent bug: "INVALID LAUNCH POINT"

Edited by CuChulainnWD

Loki invisibility has had two significant debuffs since forever:

Muffled sound

Vision distortion (colors)

Those two debuffs should be removed. 

Worse, the vision distortion makes it unplayable on the Cambion Drift. Loki goes blind. 

Check out Loki invisibility vision in the Cambion Drift:

947F76AEF29A71503A42EA965DE5EB1FC13B166D

CCF81424BB49FB3C7650A18C0B40361239A2C583

• Like 3
1 hour ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet. It is rather pointless to have a Loid way point, if it drops us at the front door, less than 15 meters from Mother, Whey not drop us directly in front of Loid in our Operator form?

It functions the same as the Onkko fast travel. If you're in your Warframe you're put at the door, but if you switch to Operator and then fast travel you'll be brought to them with the dialogue already up.

Edited by Yamazuki
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Note: we are about 1 week away from a full Community feedback pass on Xaku’s abilities. Sit tight!

Oh I'm getting excited now.
(Since it currently feels very weird to play the frame with lots of long and wierd casts, status procs being changed to void (Is void even updated for the new stacking status system?!) and the most expensive ability to date with both drain and duration ontop of it's high initial cost.)

But how far away from a "full Community feedback pass" on the helminth economy?!?

It's rather pointless to use your Necramech if he is not leveling up properly, I used my Necramech the entire time doing a vault and only went from level 14 to 15, and I had a booster as well. To me that is rather game breaking, especially when you take days just to acquire the Mech just to find out it is bugged.

4 hours ago, Graavarg said:

The biggest problem with scintillant was that we didn't have a clue where it actually came from, except the somewhat rare drops & rewards (bounties & Necramechs). My guess is that 99% of the playerbase did one Isolation Vault after another and getting frustrated with the small amount of scintillant gained (me included), but all the time thinking it dropped from a container or something and missing it floating around (so not collecting it). Not unsurprising in a totally new environment filled with lots of other new goodies. Now that I know what to look for, I have plenty of scintillant.

Seriglass Shards are a b*tch if you want to get it fast and haven't planned ahead by collecting tokens. On the other hand, if you pick up the one/two token deals when visiting the Necralisk, you will always have enough family tokens when needed and it will basically cost you nothing, since you get them from the basic resources. The only exception is the son, you need to do a certain amount of conservation hunting to have enough tags for his tokens.

I think Cambion Drift is DE's best work so far, and the only insane grind are the Necramech mods (and that is currently also "beyond insane"). Most resources have several different acquisition paths, which is super design. If you get into Cambion Drift, you will get resources from "everywhere". If you hate something specific )like mining), there is another way of getting the stuff (pylons, bounties). Well thought out, in my opinion.

Bile is surprisingly expensive, but now that you can buy your way through the subsumation process there has to be some check & balance on how quickly players get everything. It would be a total joke if you could buy the warframes for money (alternatively pay to insta-build them in the foundry) and then again pay to insta-subsume them. I repeat, it would make the new helminth system a total joke if rich players (only) could simply subsume everything in one day just by using money. It would be a new kind of Warframe, one I decidedly would not like. So there HAS to be a check & balance to progress, something you cannot just buy. It could have been the 24 hours (which would have allowed for cheaper bile costs), now that you can buy insta-subsume it has to be the resources needed. It is now the ONLY way left to slow things down a bit.

Zymos is great. I am having a lot of fun with Zymos, it is unique and the mechanics rewards slower and more deliberate game play. Love the sound of the enemies skulls cracking (yeah, I know, but...). It's a thousands time better than just another meta-hose.

Keratinos are also fun, though I generally is not that great a fun of claws (or short range melee in any form, too much mouse clicking). Super great gas proc weapon for sneaky warframes. Only drawback is that Keratinos is pretty close to Karyst Prime from a usage perspective.

To your first statement regarding Scintillant....yes and no.  The problem here is manifold.  I have already stated that my first trip into a vault had Scintillant, and I tried to shoot it because it was a white square on the map (indicating a resource).  The thing didn't respond, so I figured that it was like Jupiter.  If you enter one of the labs on Jupiter there's a non-collectible indication for an item.  So, more than just a poor description day one.  

Let's compare that to wisps, what DE said this was supposed to be like.  They had similar usage on day one, with some items requiring wisps.  The difference was that you went out onto the plains and they existed.  Their presence in the drop table was substantial (as of today I hate them because tier 5 bounty grinds for eidolon lenses were often awash with them dropping).  Most of all, we didn't have them listed day one as a common drop when they actually drop between 3% and 8% of the time.  Yeah, check those drop tables to verify that little nugget of crazy.

My point is that it isn't a single failure from DE that is easy to fix.  To even begin addressing this they increased spawn, increased visibility, and fixed the dire state of hitboxes.  That's a lot of fail for something you get singularly but need 17 of (2x mech, 5x quassus, 5x Xaku, 5x Xaku for Helminth).  Lord knows what other content is going to need this in the future, but I see mech 2 requiring a frankly stupid amount.

Let's talk about required Seriglass.  We need 4 right now.  Each costs 20 tokens, which is 1500 potential standing.  That's 4*20*1500 = 120000 standing just for the shards.  The seriglass shards drop from nowhere else, so there isn't a mechanic of rare drops being weighed against the acquisition by standing conversion.  As such, when you look at the guns with a modest cost of 8k+4k+4k+4k=20,000 standing, then tack on the additional 30,000 you have then suddenly cost 50k standing each.  That's pretty nuts.  I'm looking at Fortuna....and a kitgun comparatively is nothing.  I'm looking at Loid....and I can buy all the blue prints from him for less.  I'm looking at Daughter....and I can buy everything from her wares without that kind of grind (excluding the captura, but that's not content).

If DE gave us the seriglass as a rare drop from T5 and T6 bounties on Deimos I'd suggest this is an expensive alternative to farming the bounties.  As they did not, excusing this with "just a few coins each time you see Grandmother adds up to 20" excuses the miserably high costing.  Let's not even touch on 6+ captura scenes exist, for 50 tokens each.  50*1500 = 75000 standing which is three days of standing if you're MR 29.  This is for a cosmetic, and locked to a timer.  Ouch.

I will agree that this is the best open world release to date.  It should be, given that it's largely a copy of everything before with a new coat of paint.  What it is not, is significantly rewarding for the grinds that are required.  Let's compare.  Zaws are three pieces and done.  Their standing cost per piece is relatively high with the best links, but otherwise inoffensive.  Zaw arcanes sucked on release....because it was standing and then you had to craft them.  An economic balancing pass fixed this.  At launch you had to fish and mine to get crafting materials, but another balancing pass was added to allow killing thumpers to completely ignore this mechanic.

Fortuna required fishing and mining day one, but common components dropped from containers.  As such, basic crafting could be done without engaging in either system.  Conservation was introduced here, and the reward for a perfect capture was huge amounts of standing (along with the tags offering you floofs).  Eventually, the Exploiter orb came, and now drops all the rare resources so no fishing is required.  PoE received conservation thereafter, and has random spawns of everything but mergoos.  It's actually also quite heavily rewarding to do conservation there, as a group of 3 enemies worth more than 1k standing each rewards standing faster than any bounty.

Now let's talk Deimos.  They copy pasted the old stuff...but not enough.  Mining is the same, assuming that the ore isn't in the terrain or invisible.  That was bad day one, and only slightly better now.  Fishing is....fine.  Using wyrm parts for bait means there's less standing grind, but you cannot access the best baits until ranks 3 and 4 while day one there was a need for those resources to get tokens.  Most frustratingly, the Son.  Conservation rewards no inherent standing, and you need quite a lot of animal tags to get anything.  This means each animal is worth less than 30 standing per capture on release.  The initial economy was bad, and even after the bump to 500 standing per token  the captures of the rarest animals perfectly are still worth less than 200 standing each.  That's less than a bad Kuaka or Pobber.

My point here is that the release of Deimos has more of the bases filled in.  It has all of the mechanics copied and pasted.  It included the alternative grinds for resources on day one.  That's a huge step forward.  Now, the two backward steps are to repeat the poor economy and to release with a severe lack of content.  Let's talk Necraloid, and the 2 pieces of content requiring 9 blue prints required.  Ouch.  Let's talk the Necramech mods requiring a huge grind of vaults.  Let's talk the Helminth system being designed as layers upon layers of grind with insane penalties for resources if you expedite anything....justified by the fact that you can spend way less if you're patient.  It's more of the same complaints from PoE and Fortuna, which came to a head with Old Blood, Take Flight, and Scarlet Spear.  Grind isn't bad, but face melting grind for mediocrity is inexcusable.  

Regarding the Helminth....is this sarcasm?  I ask because I might misunderstand.  You can buy warframes in the market for platinum.  You can then subsume them, and pay platinum to expedite the process.  The only wall here is the Bile costing for subsuming.  That has no alleviation until rank 8 with sentient bits resetting the disposition to neutral.  Effectively, 15% capacity instead of waiting to get 30% (or as low as 3% for hated items).  With a large amount of argon and platinum you can currently buy your way through the Helminth with platinum.  To clarify, no prime or umbral frame can be subsumed, so everything is available in the market.  Let me be clear here though, there are already people at rank 10 and with most frames because of the insane eidolon grinds to get the best arcanes....and the subsequent huge pool of platinum and cores they accumulated.

Zymos is not great.  It's a unique niche weapon.  If you want to argue take it to a defense or survival mission.  Tell me how long the ammo lasts...remembering it was almost doubled in a patch.  It was interesting to level....but I ran spy missions in cloak to do it.  That was the only way to get close enough to score consistent head shots, given the accuracy.  It often ran dry without heavy modding.  It also did nothing to robotics.  With all of these down sides it is not great.  It was an interesting thought experiment, but if you were to use it in any frantic mission it would rapidly show it's many issues.  This isn't bad, just disappointing that new content takes weird and wacky as the means to introduce another gun into a crowded pool.

Keratinos is another weapon that doesn't know what it wants to be.  If you are close enough to get 221 melee strikes you'd better be killing some enemies.  If you are, then suddenly having an extra 3 meters of range isn't adding to the party.  It's also trading a lot of combo counter that could be driving status and critical damage, an converting claws to the range of a mediocre heavy sword.  Why?  Whips exist.  Swords an heavy blades exist.  Polearms and staffs exist.  This is a weapon that wants to be both.  It'd be alright if it was 6x melee, where a heavy attack could sustain the length with some balance, but the high cost of activation is painful.  That's  what makes these a disappointment.  It's another interesting oddity, relegated to the trash bin because it's competing against stuff that is as good without requiring so much setup and sustain.

• Like 2

Thanks for the hotfix. 

What do you say about changing the drop table for Strip Mining bounty to only drop Ores and gems from its respective open world? This would be a far greater incentive than Ayatan stars, Endo, Relics and the new mods. You could also add Strip Mining to Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis as well, I think it would be a welcome addition. 

About the new mods, we still don't have a Jugulus Rex, and the Saxum enemy's Rex variant is very rare on its own. Please make them a bit more common, and have them spawn outside of higher level bounties so we have a way of obtaining the new set mods. 

Thanks again for delivering Heart of Deimos, even with such restrictions such as having no access to the Mocap studio and the like. 

Edited by Hierarch777
Grammar
  • Like 2

Yeah.... bugged AF - My frame despawned while lvling necramech. Once my necramech died i couldn't return to frame NOR use gear wheel = stuck in operator. Went to Necralisk in my operator form and guess what.

ALL MY AFFINITY GONE, DROP GONE, only bounty rewards stayed (Ayatan amber star...) In the end another hour wasted - no affinity, no loot.

//

Video of despawned frame ( right down corner You can see i'm trying to transfer back) - unfortunately i didnt record black end mission screen with timer but You can see i'm in round 2 - as i was farming i wasn't actively powering up drills...

https://youtu.be/7U2tRpWyfz0

Edited by Goliat1988
Video i managed to record
6 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Did you go to different Mothers outside, when you go to different ones you will then see the Level go up of the Vault.

Yeap, thats what u expect to happen...but it often doesnt, event at same cycle. Sometimes the cycles change and it does.... in other words its a buggy mess. Also there is no way to check it properly except when you realize there is only one guardian instead of two and by then its too late.

• Like 2
Just now, Goliat1988 said:

Yeah.... bugged AF - My frame despawned while lvling necramech. Once my necramech died i couldn't return to frame NOR use gear wheel = stuck in operator. Went to Necralisk in my operator form and guess what.

ALL MY AFFINITY GONE, DROP GONE, only bounty rewards stayed (Ayatan amber star...) In the end another hour wasted - no affinity, no loot.

yes, i have this problem too

• Like 1
15 hours ago, metvincent said:

Thanks for this! AMAZING QOL change!

Could we have a switch option to keep attachments and Syandana when using Xaku's 4th skill? I love how it looks when all armor is on.

PLEASE fix Exodia Contagion. Or at least give us some acknowledgment to let us know if this is a bug or a nerf as so many are saying for these past hotfixes.

PS: Also please give us a reason to get Entrati to Family rank. Currently there's no meaningful rewards for spending a Seriglass Shard to rank it up.

Hey met,

currently the only reason to get to rank 5 with entrati is to unlock the last lore segment in the necraloid area. So from a lore perspective, it’s worth it. 

2 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet. It is rather pointless to have a Loid way point, if it drops us at the front door, less than 15 meters from Mother, Whey not drop us directly in front of Loid in our Operator form?

It does take u there. U gotta be in operator though, like in Cetus

1 hour ago, Yamazuki said:

It functions the same as the Onkko fast travel. If you're in your Warframe you're put at the door, but if you switch to Operator and then fast travel you'll be brought to them with the dialogue already up.

Thanks, was not thinking.

• Like 1

The quest Vox Solaris is bugged. There is a part in the quest when you have to “find the agents” 0/4. Your supposed to walk up to a dead agents body and press X. Upon walking up to the body the option to press X is not there. This bug is preventing me from completing the quest, thus not allowing me to craft Kit Guns, Moahs, K-Drives, or even going into the Orb Vallis. If I can’t go into the Orb Vallis then I can’t craft a number of certain weapons. Please fix this. Thanks in advance.

Fixed all Subsumed Warframes not creating their own flowers. As reported here.

• We’re working on a script to find the missing flowers and their respective colors! We’ll update this thread when the script has started - don’t worry, your flowers are not lost! 

Awaiting this script so that I have more than 1 single flower (which seems to have moved and also had its colours updated post hotfix) to show for subsuming 4 frames...