Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix 29.0.6

[DE]Megan

33 minutes ago, Carmelitha said:

Wait WHAT ?  You need to pay him to feed him? isn't it supposed to be the other way around ???  hahaha my Helminth will be on a diet if i ever bother buying the segment.

You have to feed resources to Helminth to build up "secretions."  The Secretions are used as fuel for anything Helminth does.  Subsuming a Warframe costs a certain amount of a X kinds of Secretions, infusing an ability costs an amount of (hopefully) different Secretions.  You hen have to feed Helminth more resources to recharge the Secretions.  The bright side is that feeding Helminth resources also earns XP, and spending them earns XP.  Until you hit the max level anything you do is at least making progress towards the final unlock of "unlimited Warframe subsume slots."

If you aren't in a hurry, the most efficient way I've found seems to be to just feed it enough to Subsume one Warframe per day.  Then if you want to immediately infuse the power on one or two frames do that.  Don't refill any Secretion to 100%, just fill it enough to do what you need and leave it alone.  As near as I can tell, the "craving" for resources will increase over time, and the difference is huge.  One feeding of something Helminth is really craving is worth 30% of the Secretion gauge.  One feeding of something it's totally sick of is like... 3%  Especially for Bile where all the resources are rare and difficult to get, you probably don't want to throw away 10 times the resources if you aren't a youtuber who NEEDS to Helminth for new content.

In regards to lost XP, to be honest I'm not really sure what is happening, on one hand I don't believe Necramechs are getting shared XP, which as I said I tested last night, then of course there is the whole losing levels when at mission end. I went to POE this morning on my own and walked in my mech from the exit/entrance to Cetus all around the map killing as I go, in fact I even killed a thumper and when I got back I had only gotten two levels so that kind of leads me to believe Necramechs earn XP like Archwings which is going to be a nightmare in itself. To me this has really taken the fun out of Deimos for me because my main focus was to get the Helminth system and a necramech and now I really can't use the Necramech because I may waste an hour trying to rank it up coming to find out at the end I lost all the xp. I think, at least for me, this is a game breaking problem.

On a different note a question, if I am not a lore person and once you do get the Helminth system and the Necramech then what is the point of ranking up any further? 

Just now, Pendragon1951 said:

In regards to lost XP, to be honest I'm not really sure what is happening, on one hand I don't believe Necramechs are getting shared XP, which as I said I tested last night, then of course there is the whole losing levels when at mission end. I went to POE this morning on my own and walked in my mech from the exit/entrance to Cetus all around the map killing as I go, in fact I even killed a thumper and when I got back I had only gotten two levels so that kind of leads me to believe Necramechs earn XP like Archwings which is going to be a nightmare in itself. To me this has really taken the fun out of Deimos for me because my main focus was to get the Helminth system and a necramech and now I really can't use the Necramech because I may waste an hour trying to rank it up coming to find out at the end I lost all the xp. I think, at least for me, this is a game breaking problem.

On a different note a question, if I am not a lore person and once you do get the Helminth system and the Necramech then what is the point of ranking up any further? 

For now you can stopgap fix this issue by letting the mech die before returning to the respective hub. It is really, really, REALLY freaking annoying though.

1 hour ago, Carmelitha said:

Wait WHAT ?  You need to pay him to feed him? isn't it supposed to be the other way around ???  hahaha my Helminth will be on a diet if i ever bother buying the segment.

You don't. this guy is talking about the resources.

Thanks for the Hotfix!

My Necramech is getting affinity now, that's a good thing.

But today I had 2 times the same bug. In T2 and T3 Isolation Vault, after inserting the correct code and opening the door, one will despawn like falling into a pit when trying to enter the treasure room, rendering attempts to enter impossible. The questmarker then leads back into the treasure room of the T1 Vault. If one in the squar rushes back into it, the missions counts as success but sometimes it just freezes the mission, which requires a mission abort.

Can you take a look?

Thanks again and as always, stay save and drink enough.

22 часа назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

Still have some issues to bring up:

• Necramech (NM) energy regeneration. Basically, in heavy fight NM lives until his energy is dry. Then it is done for. Can we have at least some integrated energy regen or Streamline mod?
  • Can visuals from active Storm Shield on piloted NM be tuned down a bit? Those lightnings takes over half of my screen. (also, in my opinion Storm Shield should be completly reworked, but thats another story)
  • Any news about NM-equipped archguns ammo regen rate? Compared what we had on Heart of Deimos quest and what we got on crafted one are like day and night. 5 times slower or even more.
  • While Energy Orbs are usable for NM, Health Orbs are not (Anyway, this still will not solve NM sustain problems)

Overall, the role of NM in game is very questionable. It packs some serious firepower after level 10, but energy consumption makes it`s usage situational at most. It is either fragile as glass without Storm Shield, or full juggernaut mode until it is dry on energy to maintain it. Also, because of energy problems Canister and Grenades are barely worth using.

Can we have another DEV pass on NM please?

Iso vaults are so bugged at the moment they are not even worth doing.

List of common bugs i encountered:

-Vaults stay open / bug out preventing from ever going to t2 or t3

-Loot vault objective bugs out and points to a different vault very far away and the transportations to surface don't work

-Infested door doesn't respond to the bait thrown at it at all and objective still says "Throw bait" which forces us to abandon the bounty.

I just ran one vault again starting at level 19 with my mech, used my mech from the beginning of the vault till the end and I killed tons of stuff, and how far did I rank up, ONE STICKING LEVEL, even with a booster. Something is seriously wrong with the way mechs earn xp. Kinda makes you think why even play if I can't even play one of the highlighted things for The Heart of Deimos.

3 hours ago, Kylo. said:

You don't have to darling.

You don't have to leave the Earth junction or build a new warframe/weapon beyond what you are initially given either...what point are you trying to make when the blueprints are gated by that exact activity with the new faction?

Everything is getting so bad that it's hard to play the game at this point.
It needs to be fixed in a hurry. X/

deadly bug

invulnerability is not applied to the body's khora while riding necra and it is destroyed. At that point, won't get all the rewards if exit with an ope. If in solo mode, be forced to leave the game and  be forced to fail.

Necra's XP problem won't be a problem if you ride on from frame instead of ride on from ope.

5 hours ago, Graavarg said:

First up I think one of the underlying differences is that you want all new Deimos content as soon as possible, while I want it to last as long as possible. We are only one week in with a new open world part, something that comes along not even once a year (PoE in autumn 2017, OV in November 2018). Yes, there might be a little new content once in a while, but mostly what you see is what you get. For a long while. It is a personal choice of course, but currently my preferred way of playing Warframe is to take it a bit slower. That is because while rushing something is fun in its own way, adding purpose and drama, it easily and unnecessarily becomes stressful. Also there is the negative feedback loop of "the better you succeed the quicker you have nothing left to do".

If you think about not getting everything during the first week, gathering standing & resources in Cambion Drift is not bad, with a few exceptions (notably Necramech mods). Or rather, the "bad" part is probably that everything goes too quickly.

The only problem with getting Seriglass is deciding to get 4 during the first week. If you play chill you are sure to get one and can easily get two. That is by hanging out on Cambion Drift, doing a few Isolation Vaults each day, doing the occasional bounty with friends. You buy the the cheap tokens whenever you visit the Necralisk and they keep stacking up.

For the same reasons as above I am looking forward to subsuming a warframe per day. I don't need more than that, since checking out new builds & combos takes hours, and that is the fun part. Especially when ganging up with friends. Anyone can freely spend feed their plat to Helminth if they feel like it, but in my personal opinion that is simply nuts. What I don't like is Warframe emulating a P2W-game. While there is no true "win" condition, the closest you can get is "having everything". If you can pay to have everything easily and quickly without having to do anything except paying for it, then you have reached the Warframe equivalent of P2W. And that is why the Helminth needs it's wall. Removing the timewall only leaves the Bile-wall, so there you have it. It is now the only way to make players actually play the game to get the Helminth content (after installing it). Though there are players that have resources enough to rank up everything already, if they would choose to do so, but the Helminth was supposed to be high-MR anyway, so...

I have had a quite different experience with Zymos. I did also use it with invis, but currently I have most fun using it with Nova. Survival or defense, no problems. It doesn't have enough punch to quickly drop sortie level corrupted heavy gunners, but it sure is fun to use on mobs. A single shot can drop buttloads of enemies. It doesn't matter that I have heaps of more effective weapons, Zymos is FUN! It's a great addition to the game, except for those drooling for the new meta.

Keratinos is a good weapon, but a bit meh. However, as Keratinos disposition gets better and when I get a Keratinos riven at some point I'm going to roll it for range and see what a maxed range can do. Again, it will never be THE meta-weapon, but Warframe is a game and we are playing for fun, right?

Full stop, you are wrong about my motivations and projecting.

Look at other statements, where I praised the grind for focus, and then maybe come back to the table with something worth talking about.  As a matter to explain, I want grind that rewards rather than grind that layers more grind to obfuscate true costing.  If you made the parts for the weapons absorb that extra 30k standing I'd be just fine with it, as it's transparent about the associated goofiness.

Let's also talk about your complete diversion into pay to win.  I commented that it's functionally just a means to have payers progress, and eat through their inventories.  So we are clear, now that it's an MR 8 requirement, and 50 platinum is needed, the cost to rush all frames is 50*44=2200 platinum.  It's less than you get with a single prime pack.  The only gate therefore is the materials.  Let's review the old DE statements, where they claimed the game was not pay to win but pay to skip the grind...  Is that even a thing?  Well, at this point no.  The only wall in Helminth now is whether you can afford all the materials losing 90% of their value (30% max to 3% always).  

Regarding it being high level....DE changed that.  MR 8 is 10% of content.  MR 16 was 30% of content (prior to Deimos with both).  This means the system is not about being high level.  They caved on paying to rush stuff, so it also isn't about the rewards.  At this point the helminth is just about finding the 1% of all builds that broker a new meta.  I base that 1% off of about 70 potential combinations from the more than 7000 potential permutation of things.

Stop with the Zymos.  Really, if you read what I said you'd understand that it is a niche weapon.  I don't know what you're reading into it, so let me define the words.  A niche weapon is something that has a limited number of uses and is not good in general.  Invisible frames and ones that slow or bind enemies (you did forget Harrow) are a niche.  A niche weapon does not mean bad, it means not generally useful.

Keratinos, right now, can have the primed reach mod.  Unless they prove to never be used, it's the only choice to increase range meaningfully.  Apply, test, answer had.  Here's the problem though, 90+ days to be reviewed.  Major change, then some minor ones, so based upon other weapons it'll be riven viable (if it ever is) half a year from now.  By which point there'll be new stuff.  At which point, you'll get a riven and remember this thing as a side concern.  I say this because it's what happens when there's 180 days of lag between release and good, and if release is meh it'll quickly slip into obscurity via mediocrity.  This is not an opinion.  400+ weapons and you think you'll remember everything?  I can't.  There's literally a single boomerang in the game and I can't remember the name without looking it up (Kestrel).  It has full dispostion, and I'm betting most people don't care.  The point here is half a year between introduction and riven viability, when the goal is to release mediocre then buff, is leading to new content feeling bad.  

1 hour ago, Daskrieg said:

mech XP still having issues, the big one being if it has been summoned you only get to keep the affinity you earn on it once it has been destroyed, if you so much as summon it then extract, kiss all gained affinity good buy.

So your saying to keep everything I earned I need to let my mech die then extract?

On 2020-09-01 at 6:43 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixes:

• Fixed ability to reach the Isolation Vaults without doing an Insolation Bounty.

This fix has largely broken vaults in public groups. Multiple players in a group frequently get teleported out of the vault or are unable to enter following this fix. I'm not sure what checks you are doing to make sure the bounty was complete but either the checks are bad or they aren't being synced with clients. For example, the entire group is not always in the area by the vault door when it's opened. 

The hotfix has also added new bugs to the vaults: 1) requiring people to return to the first vault after all 3 are completed so that the mission will end and 2) clients getting stuck in the secret rooms.

1 hour ago, Trevorreg said:

isolation vaults have been bugged for me since the fix, can't get past T2. anyone else?

i think EVERYONE else too...also, Hildryn's pillage should give energy instead of shields on other warframes, wanted to try it on Mesa and it give...shields? wtf? another bug or have I missed something?

3 minutes ago, Squizzolo said:

i think EVERYONE else too...also, Hildryn's pillage should give energy instead of shields on other warframes, wanted to try it on Mesa and it give...shields? wtf? another bug or have I missed something?

Why would Hildryn's ability give energy?  That is just wishful thinking on your part. Everyone knew it would give shields and that the only thing that would change would be the cost (from Shields to energy). It's still a very solid choice for Mesa since it substantially increases her EHP and strips armor and shields.

When lvling your necramech, you just need to be the host of session.. and don't spawn your archwing between mech uses.

For them not getting decent exp on Deimos, you just need to kill some mobs to realize, that 1/3 of them like the centipedes for example don't grant any exp to nothing. This is a general issue!

Archived