Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix 29.0.6

[DE]Megan

I have flowers for my first 3 frames consumed, Rhino, Nova, and Wukong.  However, my 4th, Limbo never produced a flower at all.  My current subsuming frame, Oberon, is not producing one either.  This was the case when I logged out last night, and remains the case on my current login.

Also, I sure managed to choose 3 early frames whose default colors produce really similar flower colors (Wukong's stem aside) and are also very similar to the lighting in the room, oof.  Color saturation on these flowers seems too low to overcome the orange-tinged lighting.

I think this hotfix has made isolation vaults way more buggier. I'm constantly getting some errors, cannot see vault icons (and cannot do the code), T2 and T3 cannot be completeted unless returning to T1 vault o.o it's bad, and I didn't experience any of this before...

vor 4 Stunden schrieb TheBlackShawarma:

No. I have 30lvl mech and know what I saying. Mech gains XP only if he was destroyed, if you do not let the mobs kill it, then when you leave the location, it will lose all the accumulated experience after the last destruction.

Speak for yourself then. I kill things in my Mech, transfer back into my Warframe, leave the area and sack-in the affinity. Because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it do not work for all of us. Without letting it be destroyed.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb master_of_destiny:

Corn, or Khorne?

Sorry, bad pun.  If you got that then please color your mech in reds and gold.  If not, it's all about blood for the blood god.  Those squishy infested seem to be full of blood.

Regarding more appropriate topics, I did 9 rounds of two extractors in strip mining.  What I can say is level 19-23 after an hour, that once killed the second spawned mech had shield and health basically matching base values instead of modded, and it seemed to be handicapped on gun damage....maybe owing to mods there being stripped as well.  It's an extremely fiddly experience....and screams alpha release of a feature that needed a few more weeks.

At least the Mausolon is completely awesome.

I love the referrence but sorry, loyal Son of the Empire here :^)

On 2020-09-01 at 3:43 PM, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed Necramech’s not retaining their gained XP if you left the Necramech before you entered the gate/area to return to Town.
  • Fixed Client Necramech’s not retaining their gained XP after mission aborting. We are working on additional edge cases with Client Affinity retention on Necramechs. More to come!

yeah these are still very much active.

2 hours ago, ShikiRen said:

Unless I am missing sth that is intended. They have what is essentially Iron Skin as an ability. Stop attacking when they use it or you are scaling their invlun to like 2 billion "hp".

The issue is that mechs appear to either be reapplying the buff while there is another active or using the ability immediately after the previous one goes down.

Because it is iron skin like shielding you have to attack the shields to remove them. But the mech reapplies the ability constantly so it is never clear when you are reducing the hp of the current instance or contributing health to thr next. The mechs absolutely need to have rules about this so they do not recast while currently active and have at least a 5s window after it drops before recasting.

Khora and Octavia needs fixing D: the orb that causes the mobs to self harm is broken if any of khora's abilies are used =.= if you stradle dum them, octavia ball doesnt do anything if you use khora 2nd again octavia orb stops working D: why have this why not make it so its passive self harm verse actually sefl harm. . . seriously

31 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

Vaults are hella busted. Vault 1, fine, vault 2, defeat necramechs, do puzzle and enter vault and get rewards, but it waypoints me back to the FIRST vault I cracked in order to trigger the 'complete bounty' script. it then directs me back to vault 2 for the fast travel worm.

Yep. Not really worth doing vaults in the current state of the game imo. Too many bugs make the whole thing frustrating far too often.

I haven't seen anyone post this bug, so not sure if it's just me.

But when I summon the mech during a bounty, I've found my Warframe sometimes will disappear. If I leave it at zone in, no problem. First time I thought it was me, or that my Warframe got kicked to the other end of the world or something. Second time, I put my Warframe next to the objective to be sure, and it still disappeared.

Am I missing something?

7 hours ago, Rare-devil said:

reduce the helminth costs, this is insane 

Helminth means nothing unless AutoExposure has an ON/OFF toggle. This is an accessibility issue, as many players get migraines and other temporary over-time generated problems with it being forced on. DE, just add the toggle back in. It baffles me DE even removed it at all.

15 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Helminth Flower script has finished on all platforms!

It doesn't seem to have worked. I've fully subsumed 4 warframes but only have 2 flowers. 

I have now subsumed a 5th warframe and the flower appeared, but I am still missing 2. One for Rhino and another for Valkyr

Ok, so the good news is that the flowers are here, but 2 of them are so badly clipped into the wall flesh that I had to look it over 5 times to find them. 

20 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

Regarding the Zymos, you still don't get it.  Meta, fun, and garbage are all terms with no meaning.  Meta is actually a term that is referring to an item being disproportionately powerful and thus an optimized solution to a situation.  Fun is a subjective measure of utility for an individual.  Garbage is a dismissive term for something that is believed to be well below the power curve and thus not useful.

The Zymos is a niche weapon.  It may or may not be fun.  It definitely is not dramatically above the power curve, as its damage is balanced out with qualifiers to access that damage and hard physical limitations.  People who call it garbage are stating that those qualifications are impossible to deal with, given it's competition being just as capable without those draw-backs.

Now, let me explain why I call this a niche weapon.  If you get a headshot there's a lot of power.  This requires being close, because the gun is not hugely accurate.  It requires a lot of reloading, as the ammo pool is small.  It does only marginal damage without that headshot, so there's a hard wall that is hit on potential without the arbitrary condition being met.  For all of this being met, what you get is grimly satisfying and decently powerful.  As such, it's got a niche use for builds which can get consistent headshots and manage that ammo pool.

What you seem to be missing is that this doesn't mean it's bad, not fun, or even not insanely powerful.  Your pleasure in using the gun is fantastic, but it doesn't make it good or bad.  You want an example that is relevant?  How many people run around with the Catchmoon kitgun now?  I do.  I had to mod it for projectile flight, add a pexilus and more forma.  Is it meta....no.  Is it a weapon where I find the costs are non-damaging to my play, yes.  It's a niche weapon that I like, similar to the niche weapon you like with the Zymos.  You're welcome to like it, but the whole inclusion of the meta or not conversation is pointless.  Meta is just a way to say unbalanced and above the power curve...and most meta eventually eats a nerf to make it mediocre or worse.  

I think we are down to semantics 🙂. If I summarize: we actually both consider Zymos to be a niche weapon but for slightly different reasons and with a different outcome. I think that this is good thing, since I have all the weapons and Zymos is "different" (= "niche") and fun to use, and in order for it to be the most fun to use I adapt the other parts of my equipment to it (like using Nova to slow enemies down => more headshots & skulls cracking => more fun). You don't dispute this, but consider Zymos to be "niche" since it's mechanics and damage output is not generally all that effective or useful. Which I do not dispute (it is true, after all). So, if I may be as bold, there isn't a lot of differing views here.

The main difference is that I really like using several of the "niche" weapons, and I want more of them (every now and then Pablo is my god of Warframe). As a result Zymos is a meaningful addition for me. I have a sh*tload of godclass weapons to use for utility, but I find it more fun trying and getting weapons like Zymos to work. Even if that means building the rest of my kit around it. Another example of this is the new Akbronco and Soma mods, I'm looking forward to having a lot of fun with those. I also spent a couple of days with the recent Latron mod (Double Tap), having a lot of fun and getting re-acquainted with Latron again (once upon a time it was my go-to headshot plinker). Sadly the 2 second time limit was just too short, racking up the stacks was fun but losing stacks every other second when there are no enemies to headshot was "not fun", and combined with the mod cost of 13 it didn't really work out (it was close to greatness though, and I would have liked having a "niched" and useful Latron back).

I still use my Catchmoon (I have 3 builds, gas, rad and heat, all about 20k base). I actually think it was quite a successful nerf, usage has gone down (a lot) but the weapon is still "the same" & quite good. But for me Catchmoon is clearly in the "utility" niche (couldn't resist that one 🙂).

On 2020-09-01 at 6:09 PM, Captain_Rocket505 said:

I'm also confused to being able to equip a cortege as a heavy gun but needing to install a gravimag when I go to put a catalyst on it. 

But only Cortege. Mausolon didn't require a gravimag to fit a catalyst.

On 2020-09-01 at 11:43 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed all Subsumed Warframes not creating their own flowers. As reported here.

• We’re working on a script to find the missing flowers and their respective colors! We’ll update this thread when the script has started - don’t worry, your flowers are not lost! 
  • Flower script has started! We'll update here again when it has finished. Helminth Flower script has finished on all platforms!

if its finished fully, what are you gonna do for all the people that have missing flowers still or the flowers are all "white" or "pink" and are not the colour they should be, are you just gonna ignore it and make them deal with it? i still have 3 "white" or "pink" flowers and a new flower i made after the script "finished" is "white" or "pink" so please try again so everyone can have these decorations that are meant to be nice.

9 hours ago, MrBritish_Neko said:

if its finished fully, what are you gonna do for all the people that have missing flowers still or the flowers are all "white" or "pink" and are not the colour they should be, are you just gonna ignore it and make them deal with it? i still have 3 "white" or "pink" flowers and a new flower i made after the script "finished" is "white" or "pink" so please try again so everyone can have these decorations that are meant to be nice.

Not to mention the flowers that are clipped into the wall where the frame hangs being consumed, I can just see a petal on one of them.

Archived