Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tencent has Bought Leyou Technologies

(XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom

4 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I can only speak for me, but I guess part of why I feel so blase about the whole thing is because I heard pretty much all the same doomsday comments when they sold to Leyou Holdings in the first place. 

Difference is Leyou was  Hong Kong company. Tencent is basically a branch of the CCP.

Source? I've only ever seen this reported in one place, and noticeably it was not an official one. Until an official announcement (or so many sources other than that one that the writing's clearly on the wall), I'm going to hold an air of skepticism.

2 hours ago, Calicocoa said:

Difference is Leyou was  Hong Kong company. Tencent is basically a branch of the CCP.

Leyou is Hongkong based company but the named is spelt in Mandarin way, the founder is Chinese mainlander. So basically it's CCP related.

All the names from Leyou founders are Chinese Mandarin Pinyin:

Mr. Xu Yiran (Chairman and Chief Executive Officer)
Mr. Li Yang (Deputy Chairman)
Dr. Alan Chen (Chief Operating Officer)
Mr. Gu Zhenghao
Mr. Cao Bo

Not playing Devils Advocate here or anything but when Tencent bought Grinding Gear Games (Path of Exile)  there was a HUGE improvement to little QOL features that players had been asking for since beta release. While the head honchos at the original GGG still maintain almost complete control over development. And before anyone brings it up, the loot boxes and all the MTX were already being pushed hard before the purchase. I gotta agree with DancingJoker, and I dont think they are quite the evil empire everyone thinks it is.

This could be good for warframe, I don't know why people are upset... this game needs dedicated servers so desperately, for such things as cross save, cross play, no host immigration, DE needs more funding, I dunno about you guys, but this looks good news to me... I hope DE benefit from tencent the most 

Tencent buys Leyou becuz Tencent want that hot stock money and dividend. Do people really think Tencent going to take control of the game's future path? you guys must be really dumb. 

On the other hand, most games under Tencent are doing reall well, even those that go heavy on microtransaction. I mean you seriously worry that Crossfire's gun skin could ruin your game? or you think the yearly package from Dungeon fighter Online can take the game down? lemme help you put on your tin foil hat.

3分钟前 , Tuskilion 说:

Tencent buys Leyou becuz Tencent want that hot stock money and dividend. Do people really think Tencent going to take control of the game's future path? you guys must be really dumb. 

On the other hand, most games under Tencent are doing reall well, even those that go heavy on microtransaction. I mean you seriously worry that Crossfire's gun skin could ruin your game? or you think the yearly package from Dungeon fighter Online can take the game down? lemme help you put on your tin foil hat.

Umm.....(Looks at Blizzard)

Archived