Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conservation, and Resource/Mining Popups

That1Cactus

So the Heart of Deimos has revealed a lot of bad flow when it comes to the conservation and mining. (Conservation much much more so)

Conservation's Issues

Conservation's issues have been around since they were brought into the Plains of Eidolon.

Since the Tranq Rifle (for some bizarre reason) uses the Codex/Synth Scanner logic of making a pinging noise whenever a animal is "nearby", and I put that in quotes because many times it is from animals that are in extreme distances away. While the range detection not an actual issue, the real issue is that in order to try to find the animal you have to look for an orange silhouette created by the scanner logic and because Plains of Eidolon and now Heart of Deimos is nothing BUT orange it is infuriatingly difficult to even see where the animals are.
Higher? Lower? Near? Far? Can't tell, the scanner pinging is super vague and you're left with having to twitch around zoomed in trying to figure out where in the void the animal is.

Following footprints is also hard to deal with because they blend in too much with the environments and all the blasted grass, you have to dig your face into the ground just to see only a couple.

Solutions

• Make the Tranq Rifle use the Mining Drill logic of pinging higher and quicker depending on how close the crosshair and player is to the target.
  • Animal target silhouette or waypoint is constant within detection range and be a completely different color depending on environment. If outside of the frame an arrow will tell you where the animal's position is.
  • New widgets to make the Tranq Rifle better. Thermal Vision, Extra Darts, Tranq Potency etc. etc. Just to make the Tranq Rifle get better.
  • Variable Zoom for the Tranq Rifle.
  • Found footprints should have a thin (but taller than grass) pillar of colored light to make it easier to keep track of the trail.

Resource Popup Issues

Ever since the introduction of popups to important rewards have been added it was a blessing, albeit very inconsistent with what is considered important or not (See Neurodes and Neural Sensors not getting them despite being heavily required for many Weapons/Warframes early on). But ever since Railjack came along it seems that nearly every new resource whether it'd be actually rare or dirt common ones have been given a new popup.

This really ruins the flow of knowing what resources are being picked up because many of time the same resource you already picked up before the last popup would pop up once again creating this irritating loop of faux importance.

Solutions

• Let us choose what resources are important to us. A Resource Tab in the Foundry and Codex that lists all possible obtainable resources which allows us to tick what resources we want to look for as opposed to deciding for us.
  • Have the popups stack upwards like the smaller text popups at the middle/bottom to prevent popup loops.

Mineral/Gem Popup Issues

A small issue but another the plays into the issues of flow when it comes to reward popups.

Every now and then we can get those bonus gems from mining. While it's great to see what we get, showing us one by one is slow and actually prevents you from seeing the next dots for another mining spot until the popups go away.

Solution

• Super simple. Just show each of the rewards side to side at once instead of it going from one to another. Gives us a better sense of how much we got and allows us to get back to mining faster. (Also perhaps fix the issues of reward popups preventing mining dots from showing up)

• 4 weeks later...
On 2020-09-01 at 4:36 PM, That1Cactus said:

Since the Tranq Rifle (for some bizarre reason) uses the Codex/Synth Scanner logic of making a pinging noise whenever a animal is "nearby", and I put that in quotes because many times it is from animals that are in extreme distances away. While the range detection not an actual issue, the real issue is that in order to try to find the animal you have to look for an orange silhouette created by the scanner logic and because Plains of Eidolon and now Heart of Deimos is nothing BUT orange it is infuriatingly difficult to even see where the animals are.

Higher? Lower? Near? Far? Can't tell, the scanner pinging is super vague and you're left with having to twitch around zoomed in trying to figure out where in the void the animal is.

Following footprints is also hard to deal with because they blend in too much with the environments and all the blasted grass, you have to dig your face into the ground just to see only a couple.

Solutions

• Make the Tranq Rifle use the Mining Drill logic of pinging higher and quicker depending on how close the crosshair and player is to the target.
  • Animal target silhouette or waypoint is constant within detection range and be a completely different color depending on environment. If outside of the frame an arrow will tell you where the animal's position is.
  • New widgets to make the Tranq Rifle better. Thermal Vision, Extra Darts, Tranq Potency etc. etc. Just to make the Tranq Rifle get better.
  • Variable Zoom for the Tranq Rifle.
  • Found footprints should have a thin (but taller than grass) pillar of colored light to make it easier to keep track of the trail.

I HEAVILY second these changes! I cannot for the life of me find where the beeping is telling me where to look, even if I'm on archwing and getting a bird's-eye view of the terrain. And more conservation materials are needed than for other open world areas, if I recall.

Oh, and the "ride-able bugs" don't even show up on the scanner at all for me.

Archived