Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

some idea's for the tatsu

maddragonmaster

was thinking of some ideas for the tatsu some simple ones and others might require some more work but here they are.

1. a physical indicator for how much charge tatsu (besides the icon on the top right corner of the screen) has for its passive ability examples are maybe small wisp particles around the blade, or just make the flame like sentient energy effects brighter as the stacks go. besides the flame bits feeling a bit too opaque, there is the idea of having a physical indicator on the blade so we do not have to stare at the top right corner of the screen.

2. right now I do not mind that you have to slide to activate the ability but I think it would be more effective if it was a heavy strike triggered ability because you could extend the stun effect, and maybe deals more damage. this idea is just a think it could be good but i am not sure how well the concept would be received.

3. this thought revolves around if the ability is triggered by a heavy strike, well the reason why i was thinking of this is because of the new claws that came with deimos' update and was thinking of this along the side though i do have a little problem issue 2 handed nikana's 1st heavy strike and that it doesn't feel impactful come pared to the second heavy strike that fallows the 1st.  looking at the back seems less impactful as the second because I do not understand why the warframe has to do a small hop on 1 leg while doing a twist, when heavy strike 2 looks at least more impactful. it just feels a little bit odd to me.  i am sorry for nitpicking this but it just feels odd to me, but i felt like i had to say something about it. would rather prefer if something felt more fluid like then the spin hop. 

4.i was mauling over the benefit that revenant has when he uses this weapon and at least wondered why couldn't it do a similar effect that mesmer skin has when a mob hits you when its active where when you stun them with the projectiles you can get a free 1st ability cast. but this is something i am fine with it not being a thing since i know there is a few reasons someone can argue against this idea.

anyways these are some of the more prominent thoughts of how to improve tatsu. I honestly favor the 1st idea because of the idea i would like to see tatsu glow with more power the more you stack the projectiles. 

Imo the Tatsu it's in a good spot, as you said, those are some QoL changes that could make the weapon have some "personality" of sorts, the real problem with two handed nikanas is the Stance, its way WAY too steppy, sloppy, not fluid enough for today's standards.

On 2020-09-05 at 5:55 PM, FaridRLz said:

Imo the Tatsu it's in a good spot, as you said, those are some QoL changes that could make the weapon have some "personality" of sorts, the real problem with two handed nikanas is the Stance, its way WAY too steppy, sloppy, not fluid enough for today's standards.

yeah I am fully aware. I was just putting some suggestions out there in feedback. I do very much like the tatsu and had these thoughts so I decided to put them out there. and since the tatsu is part of the 2 handed nikana's it doesn't hurt to talk about that. honestly I feel like the only true issues I have with the tatsu in specific is requiring a sliding attack to trigger the projectiles. I would prefer if DE would of made that ability was to be made with a strong heavy strike. the reason I have issues is because I prefer if I could aim and fire without having to heavily contribute distance and position in order for projectiles to not suddenly decide to orbit the enemy rather then impact the enemy.

Archived