Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Catchmoon Primary - why so much screen shake (that you can't disable)?

IMMentat

Built all the primary kitguns and have been playing around seeing what i would like. 

Pretty much decided to never use the catchmoon primary ever at this point because even with camera-shake off I feel like I'm literally headbanging the screen every time it fires. There's between a 5-10 degree field of view movement shake on an automatic weapon, absurd.

Congratulations DE, you have now built the third game in existence that has caused me some form of motion/simulation-sickness (already had one friend who quit due to bullet jumping being nauseating for him while still being the optimal way to go fast), so that's planetside (the superior original and no longer running MMO FPS, the bunny-hopping supertanks gunner seat was on the furthest end from a pivot that shook you around perpendicular to the ground), xcom (the inferior modern simplification with limited depth, the constant swooshing camera angles felt like dragging my eyes through strobe lights) and now warframe due to the catchmoon primary weapon.

Impressive considering my usual preference is for high mobility games like titanfall, dying light, mirrors edge, aaaaaaah reckless disregard for gravity and EDF!

Not the first complaint about motion sickness from recoil, unfortunately seems like it won't be the last.

I've suggested divorcing the reticle from the centre of the screen, so the reticle climbs up the screen from recoil but the screen / direction the player looks stays in place. There's also, I believe, the CS:GO option: have successive shots from the weapon climb, but keep the reticle and screen in place (so shots venture further from the reticle). I think either would work just fine, even if the latter may be a bit trickier to work with. (Oh no, mechanical difficulty in Warframe, oh nooo)

11 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

Not the first complaint about motion sickness from recoil, unfortunately seems like it won't be the last.

I've suggested divorcing the reticle from the centre of the screen, so the reticle climbs up the screen from recoil but the screen / direction the player looks stays in place. There's also, I believe, the CS:GO option: have successive shots from the weapon climb, but keep the reticle and screen in place (so shots venture further from the reticle). I think either would work just fine, even if the latter may be a bit trickier to work with. (Oh no, mechanical difficulty in Warframe, oh nooo)

That (the weapon "spread" increasing with recoil without altering the reticle) not just the OG shooter option, but also the good design one. HOWEVER if DE doesnt want to do that, at least they should add recoil delay smoothing. Aka successive shots that are faster than the time it takes for the screen to realign with its real/mouse position have a delay and softer/slower start in returning to its original position with the distance it would have traveled back removed from the following shots recoil based on rate of fire as to not stutter the screen all over the place. Every even vaguely competently made fps that goes the noob route of locking screenshake to recoil has it on non-shotgun weapons.

Recoil + impact causing taget to bounce all over the place basically makes the buff to range it initially got useless. And the screen shake is an absolute abomination. There's a reason it's optional to turn that nausia inducing crap off.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived