Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe is in DESPERATE Need of a Companion Revival System

Zeoran

I've lost track now of how many times my companions have died.  And frankly, the #1 thing I lose is vacuum.  But among many other things, it just seems ABSURD that there isn't a way to revive companions (other than Kavats/Kubrows)

DE is perfectly capable of creating a gear item that has a limited amount of charges that simply requires MORE grinding for us to build it with.  It's a win-win.  We get a companion revival system, they force us to grind even more.  

Seriously DE, why don't we have some form of companion revival system yet????

~Z

hace 2 minutos, Zeoran dijo:

I've lost track now of how many times my companions have died.  And frankly, the #1 thing I lose is vacuum.  But among many other things, it just seems ABSURD that there isn't a way to revive companions (other than Kavats/Kubrows)

DE is perfectly capable of creating a gear item that has a limited amount of charges that simply requires MORE grinding for us to build it with.  It's a win-win.  We get a companion revival system, they force us to grind even more.  

~Z

latest?cb=20190920230804

am i joke to you?

11 minutes ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

How about an option to revive Sentinels like we revive our doge's.

As much as i would like that, Sentinels need more endurance, and i mean, the kind of endurance you get when you give Link Armor and Health, to your Kubrow, and equip Inaros with 9k health.

Primed regen can only do so much, and once your 3 regens are over, your sentinel is gone for good.

hace 12 minutos, Teliko_Freedman dijo:

How about an option to revive Sentinels like we revive our doge's.

Centinels are usefull but only sometimes, helios in a new map or oxylus for fishing, but if you are looking for free vacuum and enemy radar, just use a pet , in my opinion the new kavat is the best option rightnow to do it.

5 hours ago, Zeoran said:

But among many other things, it just seems ABSURD that there isn't a way to revive companions (other than Kavats/Kubrows)

~Z

Good luck arguing for this case. I’m in full agreement. A Dojo Research unlimited blueprint (most likely of Corpus ingenuity) for a gear item that resurrects Sentinels would make the most sense in providing a revival system that would help Sentinels and only Sentinel users.

I posted this a while back in the General subforum Feedback section: 

What did I get? People arguing the case that Companions should just be immortal. Whether it be out of jest or not, it’s just an absurd solution or counterpoint to make.

And now that we have “Master’s Summons“ as a Helminth ability which uses energy and a designated Warframe slot to do this (whether it be better or restrictive is dependent; it allows on-demand revival at the cost of a warframe ability slot, you can only subsume one ability per one configuration and you may/may not want “Master’s Summons” as an ability in your configuration), what this entails is that DE derived to a universal solution that doesn’t necessarily solve and absolve the problem directly: “Sentinels are very facile. Sentinel lifespan is limited even with [Primed]Regen.”

A Revival System strictly for Sentinels should be on the table for DE to implement. It’s a farce to always rely on Djinn to self-revive itself all the time, or default to a Pet or Moa to sustain their durability/revivals from our active management (via the Link mods from our Warframe stats to reviving them on the field whenever they’re in a Bleedout state). Sentinels are in dire need of their own revival system to bring them back into combat status, it’s far too long in Warframe’s game design to keep this specific Companion type in this state of “perma-death risk.”

56 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

You should head down to Deimos and get a Vulpaphyla pet. They have a new Devolution precept that pretty much makes them immortal.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Crescent_Devolution

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Panzer_Devolution

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Sly_Devolution

This.  I didn't really care for my sly until I found out it never died while running vaults.  That alone makes it better than all the other companions.

1 hour ago, Zeoran said:

~Z

There is a massive disparity between how durable literally anything with link health/armor can be vs how durable any of the sentinels are. I wish they would address sentinels. 

Sentinels are not even strong, yet we can not revive them.
Kubrows and Kavats have really good dmg and buffs AND we can revive them.. so why would i want to play Sentinels when i can barely use them at higher lvl content?

Unfortunately, master's summon will probably stand in the way of sentinel revival gear now.

Though, it might be better off if we just got mods that offered better defense so they don't even die. Like tying the armor health and shield boost mods together for sentinels and pets. Currently link mods wildly outperform regular defensive boosts, so the base defense mods could be thrown together. They could also make pets immune to AoE, or at least give us a mod for it, since the fallout of high level combat can melt most companions, and it's a little unbalanced to burden less defensive frames with less defensive companions too. 

I support this.

Just create consumable items, craftable in batch of 10:

- "Repair Kit" for Sentinels (revives the sentinel and resets its Regen/Primed Regen death-escape count, and thus, not rendering those mods useless).

- "Organic Unit" for beasts (revives the beast).

It's a shame that we still have to rely on suicide after all these years for such a basic feature, that is not giving any overpower, it's just a quality of life enhancement.

Just make Djinn's Re-awaken functionality to all pets and sentinels.

Sentinels would be "deactivated" (Pets would be "exhausted" instead) for a given amount of time, and it will come back after this time. This way, you'd always keep Pets/Sentinels Passives (radars and such), while only temporarily losing the active buffs and actions (charm, attacking...).

Losing a pet with all their QoL features nowadays (Vacuum, Buffs, Debuffs, Controls, Radar...) is completely painful and it's usually enough for you to outright leave the mission (ie in Arbitrations...). Pets/Sentinels perma-death should be removed from a game as a whole, definitely.

And to all people linking all the possibilities... Use Djinn, remove one freaking ability on your Warframe to use Helminth's power, use Inaros with Link Health and Pack Leader so only use melee during your missions... These solutions are way too limiting to even be considered (Sure, I'll use Djinn and ask him to mimic a Kavat because I wanna play with a Kavat). And they're sometimes not even enough.

5 hours ago, Zeoran said:

~Z

I believe you can revive your companions but they suck i think and are way inferior to sentinels that can heal your health and shields. Companion alway wonder and leave your side and end up needing to be revived. While sentinel always stay by your side and with the right mods will be more helpful support in combat. Pets are just fluff and to show off that’s it

53 minutes ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

I believe you can revive your companions but they suck i think and are way inferior to sentinels that can heal your health and shields. Companion alway wonder and leave your side and end up needing to be revived. While sentinel always stay by your side and with the right mods will be more helpful support in combat. Pets are just fluff and to show off that’s it

Companions bring different things to the table though. I'm using Harrow for crit-oriented builds so Smeeta/Adarza are simply the best. Smeeta also have this exclusive Charm that is hard to play without, especially on a such grindy open world with Helminth sucking up resources as much as the Open World itself sucks.

51 minutes ago, Emolition said:

I tried to use helios to scan stuff on demios but gave up and swapped to my kavat instead as helios is allways dead half way through and no way to get it back unless i wanna suicide myself to recover it.

Yeah, wouldn't bring a sentinel to Deimos with all those Gas procs monstruosities destroying your Warframe (and hence, proc'ing the primed regen passive in twenty seconds).

Archived