Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe is in DESPERATE Need of a Companion Revival System

Zeoran

10 hours ago, (PS4)poloslash18 said:

Only companions that can be revived (Pets and Moas) not Sentinels.

I swear I've had it revive sentinels before. I'll have to retry it when I have time. It's buggy in the simulacrum, and I don't have time to run a mission.

If it's not working anymore, I'll be upset.

8 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Let's stop this link mods + Inaros band aid nonsense and make all companions invincible already..

I really don't see why we don't have this already. Wow in the timespan i've massacred 500 enemies my pet has managed to kill....5.

All we care about is vaccum and potentially glad/vigilante bonuses. That's it for most of (smeeta buff isn't that great lets get that out of the way)

Tested Master's Summons on reviving dead companions. It does not work for ANYTHING (Sentinels, Kavats, Kubrows, Moas). So, yeah, now I'm upset.

Even worse, is that it still casts and eats energy for reviveable companions for a time before it starts to change the behavior to 'Ability Not Ready'. I'm sticking a post in bug report for this.

I am OK with either making the djinn precept universal like they did for carrier, 

Or a repair consumable that can revive them (maybe after a short delay) 

The new foxes are amazing as qol pets, they are real heroes. CAUSE HEROES NEVER DIE! 

I will still have regular use of my kavat (no way charm can be replaced by qol) but now I will have another option open and I am really liking the panzer. 

15 hours ago, (PS4)poloslash18 said:

Only companions that can be revived (Pets and Moas) not Sentinels.

Thanks for the advice, i transferred Master's Summons to my nekros, now i don't need to revive my smeeta every 30 seconds (on steel path) XD

What I'd like to see would be for Sentinels to be made invulnerable, and for the game to let you take both a Sentinel and another Companion into a mission. Have Sentinels function as a "support pod" that lacks offensive capabilities (barring the occasional Precept like Vaporise) but provides utility functions, while MOAs and Kubrows/Kavats take up the role of attack companion.

As it is right now, Sentinels are effectively redundant in that pretty much anything they can do, another companion or mod can do better with far fewer survivability issues, especially since the more recent content updates seem specifically designed to murder them repeatedly (Sentients twoshot them irrespective of mods, Terra and Juno Corpus slaughter them with Electric procs and splash-damage Supras respectively, and the new Deimos enemies all have some variant that can kill them quickly).

Pretty much the only advantage they have is that they don't suffer from pathfinding issues, but that just means you're trading one form of babysitting (making sure your NPC ally doesn't get stuck) for another (looking after a second, vastly smaller health bar with few options for recovery). Yes, I understand that there are "solutions" to the issue, but I'd really rather the problem be solved than rely on a band-aid, especially when it means sacrificing one of my powers.

Here's the thing.  DE is big on making sure that things don't ever get obsolete.  So why are they allowing sentinels to become obsolete?  

This problem has been made EXPONENTIALLY worse since the introduction of open worlds.  In an open world, I don't have a simple mission to accomplish then get back to the orbiter.  I could be out for hours scavenging, doing bounties, etc. and in those cases, it defeats the purpose to have to go back to the city JUST to resurrect my Helios Prime.  

For example (and what's caused me to write this) I've been taking out my Helios Prime with me into the new invested open world so he can scan and vacuum and he's also pretty good at killing things.  And unlike a kavat/kubrow, I don't have to worry about where it is, it's constantly floating right above my head.  But this is made moot when I can get into one seriously heavy battle and go through all 3 prime regens.  Then I have no ability to get ammo/loot/etc without walking directly over it myself and I have no way to scan things without doing it manually.  DE created a great helper for us solo players and then basically nerfed the hell out of it when they introduced open worlds without a sentinel revival system.  

And again, if they made it a consumable like the energy pads, then that's just another way for them to get us to grind which keeps us playing.  It's a win-win for players and DE.  

As a side note, if they are for some reason 100% against creating a consumable sentinel revival system, then why not allow us to SUMMON sentinels the same way we do specters and a ton of other things.  

It's just ridiculous that after creating open worlds, they didn't give us any way to STAY in said open world as they've clearly designed it, while still utilizing a sentinel companion.  I shouldn't be restricted to a kavat/kubrow/d'jinn just to have a companion that can survive more than 30 minutes.  

~Z

pets do not need a revive system they need to stop dying !!  all ofthese might be too good combined but some of them could work.

pets need to learn to come follow to stop taking a time out to attack every single enemy in the corridor you zoom through in 5 seconds.

maybe the npcs should have an aggro order and put pets bottom priority of that list so they try attack the warframe as priority even if it is flying down a corridor?

maybe pets could be almost immune to area effects (this was a change wow did long ago due to pets being 1 shot constantly)

maybe some innate DR like  I dunno each pet having a base of 150 - 200 armor instead of 50?

maybe the hew infested cat revive mod should be just made a "beast" mod and go on any beast companions and give the cats something else because you can't seriously take a beast on steel path no matter how much you buffed it up, its just going to try attack some big dude then die!

Archived