Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Jörmungandr

Cpt_Schnapps

Forward: 

Since 2013, I have been avidly interested in the Pagan religion, and the mythos that surrounds it. Today, I started up the game and found the new Warframe available: Xaku. I was intrigued by the intricacy of the design and it's mechanics, and wanted to build one of my own. I even touched base with a friend who is a Graphic Artist to help me with starting a design on a Warframe, which they sadly said would not be completed for about another month or so :( 

Jörmungandr, or otherwise known as "The World Serpent" is a mythological being who holds Midgard together, and is also considered one of the heralds of the end times (Ragnarok). As we know that won't happen anytime soon, I figured it would be an interesting idea to play around with the concept of control and release. Considering we have a God-King (Inaros), and 2 Gods of Trickery (Loki and Wukong (yes, I know Wukong is sometimes considered Demi-status)), I felt that my Warframe idea would be a perfect fit. This being said, how the heck do we downsize a serpent the size of the world into a Warframe space?

Acquisition

Part 1

To collect the first blueprint (systems), you must first visit Baro Ki'Teer and speak with him. He will seem shaky at first, and warily glance around, asking for you to go and "collect" an item for him, and he will pay you in exchange. When you arrive on Neptune, you will find yourself in the hold of an utterly destroyed Corpus ship, where something will be howling eerily in the distance. Something primal, feral, full of pain, and anger, and very much alive. Baro will cut in and ask that you please hurry up. After a short run and collect, you run back to the exit, only to see something head around the corner and a mangled Corpus body fly out, smacking against the wall with a loud, wet crunch. Baro yells at you to run, and you make it to the exit only to hear the primal scream behind you. 

Once you return to the Orbiter, you will open the container and Baro will be immediately disappointed to only see a ring in the shape of a serpent eating it's own tail. He immediately calls the mission a "waste of time and resources" in true Baro fashion, only for the quest to properly start. (Note: You must have completed Sands of Inaros and The War Within in order to properly start this mission) 

Part 2

You will be Contacted by Konzu next on the Plains of Eidolon, where he asks you to find the source of a disturbance emanating from Gara Toht Lake. Make your way to the rocks at the center of the lake, and find the symbol on the rock near the water. It hums and glows, and once you analyze it with a Synthesis Scanner, you will hear the primal scream again. Run back to Cetus, and Konzu will tell you about an old myth from long before the wars and the Tenno, a myth involving the World Serpent. He will then direct you back to the Orbiter, where you will receive a message in your inbox with a rough sketch and rubbing of the symbol you found, as well as the Chassis Blueprint.

Part 3

The Third and final piece of the puzzle is a Quest that places you at Mariana, where you must find the final piece of the puzzle. Part way into the quest, You will receive a transmission from Ordis/Lotus indicating that something has happened here recently (on account of there being blood, toxic pools and errant electrical sparking around a clearly destroyed clearing). In the middle of the clearing is Jörmungandr's body, splayed out, and approximately 9 paces from the defeated Warframe is another defeated Warframe, this one being Volt. Ordis is curious and requests that you scan Jörmungandr with another Synthesis Scanner. Upon completion, you will head to the exit, which will have a runestone nearby. Once aboard the Orbiter, Ordis and Konzu will communicate with you and will share their knowledge, whereupon you will receive the Warframe blueprint and the Neuroptics blueprint. (Note: Mariana is the closest to the old Norse lands that we can currently get).    

Jörmungandr
Health - 120 (300 at rank 30)
Shields - 100 (350 at rank 30)
Armor - 310
Sprint Speed - 1.46
Energy - 150 (220 at rank 30)

Abilities                           

Passive - World Serpent
Jörmungandr's Melee attacks have a 50% chance of inflicting 5% Toxin on hit. Unlike other Warframes, all four abilities are available to the player upon level 1 Warframe Mastery.

1 - Omen
Jörmungandr casts an evil omen on a random enemy nearby. Upon death of the chosen enemy, Jörmungandr receives one of several random buffs:
Attack speed x2 (20% chance)
Energy Regeneration (20% chance)
Health Regeneration (20% chance)
+10% Armor (20% chance)
+10% Health and Shields (20% chance)

Omen effect: x1 (Strength)
Duration: 10s (Duration)

2 - Son of Loki

Upon activation, creates a Shield wall of Jörmungandr melee specters, that moves forward as a single unit at 75% base speed, and pushes enemies closer together. Ability deactivates upon standing still for more than 2 sec. Each specter deals 50% damage of Jörmungandr, and attacks at 100% speed. Specters will die normally if damaged past Jörmungandr's current (at time of casting) health stat.

Cost: 50
Create 3/5/7 specters per levels 1-10/20/30

50% base damage (Strength)
Duration: 10 seconds (Duration)

Application range: Self

3- Saga
Jörmungandr Creates 2 Runestones in the room. Upon destruction of one, the other dematerializes, and the destroyed Runestone bestows it's powers on Jörmungandr. Each runestone will materialize randomly in your immediate location and will be marked. 
Runestone: Health and Shields - Restore 50% Health and Shields and remove Status Effects.
Runestone: Damage - True Deal 10% of all Damage as True Damage for 10 Seconds
Cost: 75
Runestone: Health and Shields (Strength)
Runestone: Damage - True (Duration)

4 - Ouroboros /Ragnarok

Hold to Activate: Jörmungandr curls into a circle, hovering in midair and stays like this until released. Any damage dealt to Jörmungandr in this form is treated normally as well as absorbed as stacks of damage for Ragnarok activation.  

Gains stacks of Potential Ragnarok Damage, 1 per hit.
All Damage treated normally

Release to ActivateJörmungandr releases from his Ouroboros form, bringing chaos and destruction upon his foes. Any Stacks of Potential Ragnarok Damage are expended and dealt as direct damage to all enemies in a 10 Meter radius.  
Damage: Per Ragnarok stack, deals 10/20/30/40 Damage per levels 1/10/20/30, with a 100% chance to inflict Slash or Impact Damage. (Strength)
Application Range: 10 Meter Radius (Range) 

Augments                           

Bloodied
Omen Augment
Those effected by Omen bleed.
Blood pools are created on the ground, causing -5 Friction.

World Ender
Ragnarok Augment
All Impact or Slash Damage caused by Ragnarok is converted to Heat Damage

Epic
Saga Augment
Summons a random Warframe Specter that will battle against you. Upon defeat, you will gain random materials appropriate to the location.

Behemoth's Toxins
Jörmungandr Augment 
Jörmungandr's Passive ability is boosted to 10/20/30% Toxin per mod rank.
Armor Reduced by 10/20/30% per mod rank.
(Note: This should be an extremely rare drop for Elite Onslaught, around 1.7%, to balance the Warframe)

Special Note: This Warframe is a little different, and does not have legs. Instead, the bottom half is more serpentine and mechanical. Just more of one of those things that I want to clear up before my buddy comes back with the finished product.  

TL:DR; Warframe based on the World Serpent.

Idk. That sounds like it would be some crazy infested enemy concept. Like if the entire infested moon had a giant infested serpent looking thing. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was the source behind the legends of the Kraken and Jörmundandr. And similar to the old J3 Golem, we have to eventually fly inside and destroy it from within. The infested world already feels like we are walking on or in a giant infested being. Like maybe it is lying dormant for whatever reason. 

Also Nezha and wukong(sometimes referred to as the monkey king) are from China and Atlas is from Greece. I feel like if they plan to release another god based concept it should be from other places. Just saying. Make it more interesting and let young players learn more about the countries in which the concepts came from. 

Interesting input and I agree It would be an interesting enemy idea, but that would negate the purpose of the entire concept, considering we don't have any enemies/bosses that directly reflect a god status or background of any known gods. Besides, wasn't that the whole point of Heart of Deimos/Umbra Mission line, was to explore the origins of/destination or transition of the Infested? At that point it seems repetitive. 

To your point of the concept should be from other places, well that's what the fan concepts are for. 

Also kind of curious how to make it more interesting for young players than essentially giving newer players a decently balanced (and yes I am open to better balance ideas) Warframe concept with the ability to use creative crowd control concepts, not to mention the ability to use all abilities off the bat. Pretty much screams "Have at it!" in a game that usually Mastery/Level locks Warframe abilities. Sky's the limit, as they say.....

3 hours ago, (XB1)Screwygore said:

I'm currently working on a idea for Jörmungandr's brother Fenrir (good to see another pagan brother or sister) 

I have quest details and back ground and working out abilities and passive now. 

Kinda makes me sad there isn't more pagan styles frames since there is 2 or 3 Chinese based ones

agreed, it's mildly frustrating to find a lot of far-eastern inspiration. And please, feel free to pm me when it's finished, I would be happy to take a look. Hopefully the abilities/passives on mine aren't too bad, I legit did them out in like.....2 hours?

7 hours ago, (XB1)Screwygore said:

since there is 2 or 3 Chinese based ones

3 hours ago, Cpt_Schnapps said:

agreed, it's mildly frustrating to find a lot of far-eastern inspiration.

Keep in mind that Warframe has a massive audience in China hence China having exclusive content ("Umbra", now named Umbra Prime, and the Cadus staff to name two) and frames based off of their mythos. Not to mention a large portion of DE is owned abroad. (Warframe(China) Wiki Page).

It wouldn't be that surprising if DE releases 1-2 more Chinese inspired frames within Warframe's lifetime and I for one am not complaining. It'd still be nice to see frames from other mythological sources in between so I get where you two are coming from.

On to the concept itself.

12 hours ago, Cpt_Schnapps said:

Sprint Speed - 0.80

I strongly suggest increasing this. A lot of ppl don't realize how ridiculously slow 0.8-0.85 sprint speed actually is but it is that.

Passive - World Serpent
Unlike other Warframes, all four abilities are available to the player upon level 1 Warframe Mastery.

This is doable and a nice change of pace. Just a reminder that this would mean all levels between unranked-10-20-30 wouldn't increase ability rank at all. It's a nice balance because his abilities 2,3,4 all get a head start but abilities 1,2,3 take longer to reach Rank 3.

1 - Eldar Runes
Jörmungandr casts a circle of runes on the ground, granting damage reduction for a short time for any Warframe in the circle.  
Cost: 25
Damage Reduction Scale: 1/3/5/7% per levels 1/10/20/30
Application Range: 5m radius (Range)

Is the 7% a typo? If not the DR is very low and besides that promotes a stationary playstyle (something DE rarely goes for). Take Oberon's Hollowed Ground for example, yes it is stationary and allies are required to enter it to receive the armour buff (when used in conjunction with Renewal) but allies are free to leave it afterwards and the buff remains. Or take Wisp's Reservoirs, there is a duration after exiting that radius that the buff remains, again, allowing allies to freely move around the map. Take inspiration from either ability but as Eldar Rune stands right now it is hardly usable.

13 hours ago, Cpt_Schnapps said:

2 - Three Horns
Cycle to choose between Niffleheim (Frost), Midgard (Electrical) and Asgard (Void) Damage, which is applied to the currently equipped weapon. If no weapon is equipped, applies a Stack of Three to self. Hold to cast on self.

Again 7% is low. The core of the ability is fine but a bit too simple. I get why you added Void damage as Asgard but having another frame with a Void damage buff, which isn't that strong of a damage type to begin with, seems like one too many at this time.

What does a Stack of Three actually do? Besides being a primer for Ragnarok it seems pointless making it an additional energy sink just to boost his fourths damage (basically required).

3 - Ouroboros 
Jörmungandr curls into a circle, hovering in midair and stays like this until released. Any damage dealt to Jörmungandr in this form is treated normally as well as absorbed as stacks of damage for Ragnarok activation.

4 - Ragnarok
Jörmungandr releases from his Ouroboros form, bringing chaos and destruction upon his foes. Any Stacks of Ragnarok Damage as well as Stacks of Three are expended and dealt as direct damage to all enemies in a 10 Meter radius.  

These should just be one ability. Ouroboros is used as a damage buff for Ragnarok but that's all it does suffering from the same problem as Three Horn's hold cast. The description of Ragnarok gives the impression Ouroboros is required to use Ragnarok adding to the already hefty energy sink for a rather mediocre damage ability.

Behemoth's Toxins
Jörmungandr Augment 
Jörmungandr's Passive ability is boosted to 10/20/30% Toxin per mod rank 
(Note: This should be an extremely rare drop for Elite Onslaught, around 1.7%, to balance the Warframe)

Making it hard to acquire doesn't make up for how much of a direct upgrade this is. Take the two existing passive augments for example. Abundant Mutation has a trade off of adding a 30 second cooldown onto his undying passive while Rubble Heap, although strong, requires a lot of effort to keep up. 

There may be more to grasp at when it comes to the lore/mythology surrounding Jormungandr. Some ways to make his abilities a bit more distinct from other existing abilities and overall a bit more complex. Love all of these Norse frames and I really hope they add one at some point!

4 hours ago, Gashabae said:

Keep in mind that Warframe has a massive audience in China hence China having exclusive content ("Umbra", now named Umbra Prime, and the Cadus staff to name two) and frames based off of their mythos. Not to mention a large portion of DE is owned abroad. (Warframe(China) Wiki Page).

It wouldn't be that surprising if DE releases 1-2 more Chinese inspired frames within Warframe's lifetime and I for one am not complaining. It'd still be nice to see frames from other mythological sources in between so I get where you two are coming from.

On to the concept itself.

I strongly suggest increasing this. A lot of ppl don't realize how ridiculously slow 0.8-0.85 sprint speed actually is but it is that.

This is doable and a nice change of pace. Just a reminder that this would mean all levels between unranked-10-20-30 wouldn't increase ability rank at all. It's a nice balance because his abilities 2,3,4 all get a head start but abilities 1,2,3 take longer to reach Rank 3.

Is the 7% a typo? If not the DR is very low and besides that promotes a stationary playstyle (something DE rarely goes for). Take Oberon's Hollowed Ground for example, yes it is stationary and allies are required to enter it to receive the armour buff (when used in conjunction with Renewal) but allies are free to leave it afterwards and the buff remains. Or take Wisp's Reservoirs, there is a duration after exiting that radius that the buff remains, again, allowing allies to freely move around the map. Take inspiration from either ability but as Eldar Rune stands right now it is hardly usable.

Again 7% is low. The core of the ability is fine but a bit too simple. I get why you added Void damage as Asgard but having another frame with a Void damage buff, which isn't that strong of a damage type to begin with, seems like one too many at this time.

What does a Stack of Three actually do? Besides being a primer for Ragnarok it seems pointless making it an additional energy sink just to boost his fourths damage (basically required).

These should just be one ability. Ouroboros is used as a damage buff for Ragnarok but that's all it does suffering from the same problem as Three Horn's hold cast. The description of Ragnarok gives the impression Ouroboros is required to use Ragnarok adding to the already hefty energy sink for a rather mediocre damage ability.

Making it hard to acquire doesn't make up for how much of a direct upgrade this is. Take the two existing passive augments for example. Abundant Mutation has a trade off of adding a 30 second cooldown onto his undying passive while Rubble Heap, although strong, requires a lot of effort to keep up. 

There may be more to grasp at when it comes to the lore/mythology surrounding Jormungandr. Some ways to make his abilities a bit more distinct from other existing abilities and overall a bit more complex. Love all of these Norse frames and I really hope they add one at some point!

Excellent suggestions, I will start improving the concept immediately. 

I have a little back and forth questionnaire/FAQ here -

-what would you suggest the 7% be? just curious about what to do. 

-I took a look at the Void damage, would it be a bit of a stretch to turn it into True Damage? It's not as common, and would be an interesting turn for a Warframe, but I don't want it to become too OP. Any damage type suggestions would be welcome. 

-Good point to the Energy Sink problem, I would like to keep the idea of Ouroboros => Ragnarok, but I do agree it needs an improvement. 

-The hard to acquire point is well received. I will see what I can do. 

-The point to the Eldar Rune is more of a incoming damage slowdown for when you use Ouroboros, and the teamwork factor is just a bonus. I felt the best way to balance it would be to limit the duration to 10 seconds, and with the small damage % reduction would make it more prone to point-control/brief crowd control playstyle. It would be best played in a group, but as a low level player could, in fact, offer an intriguing way of learning Solo experiences. 

1 hour ago, Cpt_Schnapps said:

I have a little back and forth questionnaire/FAQ here -

1. What would you suggest the 7% be? just curious about what to do. 

2. I took a look at the Void damage, would it be a bit of a stretch to turn it into True Damage? It's not as common, and would be an interesting turn for a Warframe, but I don't want it to become too OP. Any damage type suggestions would be welcome. 

3. The point to the Eldar Rune is more of a incoming damage slowdown for when you use Ouroboros, and the teamwork factor is just a bonus. I felt the best way to balance it would be to limit the duration to 10 seconds, and with the small damage % reduction would make it more prone to point-control/brief crowd control playstyle. It would be best played in a group, but as a low level player could, in fact, offer an intriguing way of learning Solo experiences. 

I was attempting to comment on the abilities as they are but I'd refer you to what I ended my previous comment with...

My knowledge on the mythos surrounding Jormungandr is very limited but what I was getting at is that the abilities are very simplistic and I'd suspect their effects do not hold too many similarities to the lore/mythos behind the character. As a knee jerk reaction, I'd recommend to rework/replace his 1st and 2nd ability and combine his 3rd and 4th. Add synergies and effects that take from his mythos (which again I am not familiar with so it'd have a hard time giving suggestions).

An example of a prominent mythological figure adapted successfully into a game(s) would be Wukong. The monkey king has multiple variations of himself that manage to take from the same source, stay true to it, and distinguish themselves as a wholly original concept ( Warframe / Smite / Paragon (my fav) / LoL / and many more ). The goal when looking at a mythological figure should be to take compelling parts of their mythos and showcasing it through the four ability slots + passive in an original and interesting way while still having a strong and reliable kit.

Now I could give some input on the abilities within the context of Warframe ignoring the mythological aspect...

1. Damage reduction is a stat only worth a grain of salt when above a certain threshold after modding. Considering the inconvenience of the ability and it being a first ability the DR could be anywhere from 80-90% after mods but again the base ability is too inconvenient to use anyway. 

2. Void damage is a bad damage type while True damage is too good. Assuming only one buff can be present at a time (and if that's not the case then why even have it cycle) why would anyone choose void damage or anything other than true damage. In every cases of a cycle ability the effects have different uses so that they are not directly in competition with each other and are instead situational (Vauban/Wisp/Titania/Grendel/Khora/etc.). In the case of having multiple types of damage there will always be one preferred over the others making the cycling between them meaningless and gimmicky.

3. Ok but reducing damage by 7% is so ridiculously weak that it wouldn't matter. To put it into perspective, Arcane Guardian provides 900 armour which roughly equates to 75% damage reduction and it's an arcane. I can see what you were going for but requiring an ability to use another is different than synergy between two abilities. His 3rd is unusable without his 1st (after buff) and his 4th unusable without his 3rd. That cycle of reliance doesn't really make for a fun user experience or variation in playstyle. Now you could point to Nidus as an example of that working but his unique passive is the limitation not his first ability which is merely a vehicle to using it. As a semi-fix, damage reduction should be built into his 3rd if you think it needs dr to begin with (which it does) and his 4th needs to be usable without the use of his 3rd. The 3rd could still provide benefits but shouldn't be a prerequisite to the use of his 4th ability. 

Again I'd focus on adapting more of the mythology into his abilities first because the ability effects seem a bit lacklustre.

Forgot to mention in the first comment but the unique walking animation that would accompany the frame would be awesome! Having no legs would make for some crazy tennogen stuff too.

Seems really interesting, just a few things, I'd change myself
would be make the first ability sorta like Vauban's mines, Wisp's Reservoirs, etc., where you can toggle through the curses, and make it less random who gets hit by it, but to spice things up, put the curses on a duration, so if you don't kill the enemy in time they get the bonus instead, a lot of the issues at least for me is the randomness, maybe it's just me since I like to have a bit more control over how I send things to the great beyond/blue screen,

and the second ability stands out like a sore thumb to me, but in theory it's very interesting as we have abilities that duplicate (Decoy, Celestial Twin and Will-O-Wisp), but none of them are hard CC, with Decoy and Will-O-Wisp being distractions/transportation and Celestial Twin being a indirect damage buff more or less but the movement restrictions on it seem a bit harsh.

Though now that I think about it I've had a few ideas for frames (and a weapon or two) floating about my head, might take one of those frames and a weapon and post it sometime, but overall I like the idea.

9 hours ago, (XB1)TheFearsomeRat said:

Seems really interesting, just a few things, I'd change myself
would be make the first ability sorta like Vauban's mines, Wisp's Reservoirs, etc., where you can toggle through the curses, and make it less random who gets hit by it, but to spice things up, put the curses on a duration, so if you don't kill the enemy in time they get the bonus instead, a lot of the issues at least for me is the randomness, maybe it's just me since I like to have a bit more control over how I send things to the great beyond/blue screen,

and the second ability stands out like a sore thumb to me, but in theory it's very interesting as we have abilities that duplicate (Decoy, Celestial Twin and Will-O-Wisp), but none of them are hard CC, with Decoy and Will-O-Wisp being distractions/transportation and Celestial Twin being a indirect damage buff more or less but the movement restrictions on it seem a bit harsh.

Though now that I think about it I've had a few ideas for frames (and a weapon or two) floating about my head, might take one of those frames and a weapon and post it sometime, but overall I like the idea.

Good feedback, allow me to explain some things.

The curses are not a toggleable, it's just a single curse that pops onto an enemy, but it's not an active curse. Think of it as one of those boxes you would hit in Mario Kart and you get a random buff/ability. As much as I would love to see the idea of the curse reverse-proc after a time limit, I would not want to be the poor guy in a Survival match (or even against the Infected Boss Assassination mission) who didn't kill the mark in time. Apart from that, The Curses are duration based, and Ability Strength will improve the amount of curses cast. 

More Ability Strength = More Cursed Targets.

Yeah, the movement restrictions are a bit too harsh, I wanted to make it so that people wouldn't go off the wall, while the original intent is to keep people from being stationary. Will fix it.

On 2020-09-02 at 5:19 AM, (XB1)Screwygore said:

I'm currently working on a idea for Jörmungandr's brother Fenrir (good to see another pagan brother or sister) 

I have quest details and back ground and working out abilities and passive now. 

Kinda makes me sad there isn't more pagan styles frames since there is 2 or 3 Chinese based ones

got a Fenrir concept of my own, got the abilities and stats figured out just need a quest line for him, now we just need someone to make Silphnir and Hel, Ragnorok is coming lol.

1 minute ago, (PS4)TeynKu said:

got a Fenrir concept of my own, got the abilities and stats figured out just need a quest line for him, now we just need someone to make Silphnir and Hel, Ragnorok is coming lol.

that sounds awesome - feel free to PM me with the link when it's done so I can help give feedback/take a look. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MENTLEGEN, BEHOLD

filename_by_fluffywolf36_deaefsj-pre.jpg

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Alright. I've sat on my hands enough.

JORMUNGANDR WARFRAME

courtesy of @Cpt_Schnapps

filename_by_fluffywolf36_deaefsj-pre.jpg

Abilities:

Jörmungandr
Health - 120 (300 at rank 30)
Shields - 100 (350 at rank 30)
Armor - 310
Sprint Speed - 1.46
Energy - 150 (220 at rank 30)

Abilities                           

Passive - World Serpent
Jörmungandr's Melee attacks have a 50% chance of inflicting 5% Toxin on hit. Unlike other Warframes, all four abilities are available to the player upon level 1 Warframe Mastery.

1 - Omen
Jörmungandr casts an evil omen on a random enemy nearby. Upon death of the chosen enemy, Jörmungandr receives one of several random buffs:
Attack speed x2 (20% chance)
Energy Regeneration (20% chance)
Health Regeneration (20% chance)
+10% Armor (20% chance)
+10% Health and Shields (20% chance)

Omen effect: x1 (Strength)

2 - Son of Loki

Upon activation, creates a Shield wall of Jörmungandr melee specters, that moves forward as a single unit at 75% base speed, and pushes enemies closer together. Ability deactivates upon standing still for more than 2 sec. Each specter deals 50% damage of Jörmungandr, and attacks at 100% speed. Specters will die normally if damaged past Jörmungandr's current (at time of casting) health stat.

Cost: 50
Create 3/5/7 specters per levels 1-10/20/30

50% base damage (Strength)
Duration: 10 seconds (Duration)

Application range: Self

3- Saga
Jörmungandr Creates 2 Runestones in the room. Upon destruction of one, the other dematerializes, and the destroyed Runestone bestows it's powers on Jörmungandr. Each runestone will materialize randomly in your immediate location and will be marked. 
Runestone: Health and Shields - Restore 50% Health and Shields and remove Status Effects.
Runestone: Damage - True Deal 10% of all Damage as True Damage for 10 Seconds
Runestone: Health and Shields (Strength)
Runestone: Damage - True (Duration)

4 - Ouroboros /Ragnarok

Hold to Activate: Jörmungandr curls into a circle, hovering in midair and stays like this until released. Any damage dealt to Jörmungandr in this form is treated normally as well as absorbed as stacks of damage for Ragnarok activation.  

Gains stacks of Potential Ragnarok Damage, 1 per hit.
All Damage treated normally

Release to ActivateJörmungandr releases from his Ouroboros form, bringing chaos and destruction upon his foes. Any Stacks of Potential Ragnarok Damage are expended and dealt as direct damage to all enemies in a 10 Meter radius.  
Damage: Per Ragnarok stack, deals 10/20/30/40 Damage per levels 1/10/20/30, with a 100% chance to inflict Slash or Impact Damage. (Strength)
Application Range: 10 Meter Radius (Range) 

Augments                           

Bloodied
Omen Augment
Those effected by Omen bleed.
Blood pools are created on the ground, causing -5 Friction.

World Ender
Ragnarok Augment
All Impact or Slash Damage caused by Ragnarok is converted to Heat Damage

Epic
Saga Augment
Summons a random Warframe Specter that will battle against you. Upon defeat, you will gain random materials appropriate to the location.

Behemoth's Toxins
Jörmungandr Augment 
Jörmungandr's Passive ability is boosted to 10/20/30% Toxin per mod rank.
Armor Reduced by 10/20/30% per mod rank.

Acquisition

Part 1

To collect the first blueprint (systems), you must first visit Baro Ki'Teer and speak with him. He will seem shaky at first, and warily glance around, asking for you to go and "collect" an item for him, and he will pay you in exchange. When you arrive on Neptune, you will find yourself in the hold of an utterly destroyed Corpus ship, where something will be howling eerily in the distance. Something primal, feral, full of pain, and anger, and very much alive. Baro will cut in and ask that you please hurry up. After a short run and collect, you run back to the exit, only to see something head around the corner and a mangled Corpus body fly out, smacking against the wall with a loud, wet crunch. Baro yells at you to run, and you make it to the exit only to hear the primal scream behind you. 

Once you return to the Orbiter, you will open the container and Baro will be immediately disappointed to only see a ring in the shape of a serpent eating it's own tail. He immediately calls the mission a "waste of time and resources" in true Baro fashion, only for the quest to properly start. (Note: You must have completed Sands of Inaros and The War Within in order to properly start this mission) 

Part 2

You will be Contacted by Konzu next on the Plains of Eidolon, where he asks you to find the source of a disturbance emanating from Gara Toht Lake. Make your way to the rocks at the center of the lake, and find the symbol on the rock near the water. It hums and glows, and once you analyze it with a Synthesis Scanner, you will hear the primal scream again. Run back to Cetus, and Konzu will tell you about an old myth from long before the wars and the Tenno, a myth involving the World Serpent. He will then direct you back to the Orbiter, where you will receive a message in your inbox with a rough sketch and rubbing of the symbol you found, as well as the Chassis Blueprint.

Part 3

The Third and final piece of the puzzle is a Quest that places you at Mariana, where you must find the final piece of the puzzle. Part way into the quest, You will receive a transmission from Ordis/Lotus indicating that something has happened here recently (on account of there being blood, toxic pools and errant electrical sparking around a clearly destroyed clearing). In the middle of the clearing is Jörmungandr's body, splayed out, and approximately 9 paces from the defeated Warframe is another defeated Warframe, this one being Volt. Ordis is curious and requests that you scan Jörmungandr with another Synthesis Scanner. Upon completion, you will head to the exit, which will have a runestone nearby. Once aboard the Orbiter, Ordis and Konzu will communicate with you and will share their knowledge, whereupon you will receive the Warframe blueprint and the Neuroptics blueprint. (Note: Mariana is the closest to the old Norse lands that we can currently get).    

TL:DR; Warframe based on the World Serpent.

Credit (again) to @Cpt_Schnapps. Go read their thread.

Apologies to them for how long it took. This is on me for not setting deadlines and continually pushing it back to further and further backburners. As an apology... you want any artwork, any signature weapons done, I'll do it. And I'll get it done within a week  of you asking.

Archived