Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scintillant is a joke, and an example of what to not to do in the future.

Dazubo

Title. I have done at least 30 x 3 iso vault runs at this point, along with countless 'incomplete' vault runs due to DC/bugs. I have gotten a total of 5 scintillant drops in all of those runs, all of them from Necramechs, because apparently floating Scintillant doesn't exist for me (and yes I've looked, I've spent 10 mins combing vaults at a time in solo because that is how desperate I was to get even 1 scintillant). This is a travesty to me, who, after the Kuva weapon valence implementation, thought DE finally realised people don't actually want to run the same nonsense over and over again. It gets old fast, and after the 5th run becomes work, not fun.

I've 'played the game' sufficiently and never got the rewards which some players apparently have gotten in just a day or so of standard play. This discrepancy is unacceptable. If scintillant could be bought for 100k necraloid standing this problem could be fixed, I could buy a dozen scintillant by now.

I have to say putting a cetus wisp like resource into areas where you will move around a lot to avoid enemy attacks, wasn't the best idea.

I only met these Scintillant drones about 3 times and just as you most of my Scintillant came from necramechs.

Let's hope that the outrage will lead to some big changes. At least they could make these things stay forever where they are instead of making them disappear.

I finally got enough to build my Xaku by farming the bounties repeatedly. It's a terrible resource, imo, so it's pretty much killing any desire to farm for the other weapons at this point.

Also annoying that apparently the ONLY way for the shards is from 20x Grandmother tokens, which makes me want to rip my hair out.

A lot of the vault related items should just be purchaseable through the Necroloid.

53 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

Also annoying that apparently the ONLY way for the shards is from 20x Grandmother tokens, which makes me want to rip my hair out.

I could get a 5th one of those shards right now if i wanted, have better luck with these tokens than  Scintillant xD

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

What frame have you been using for vaults? Also don't comb the vaults for them, they scurry off quickly like cetus wisps do, you either spot them fast or they vanish when they spot you. They look like a glowing blue synathid from Orb Vallis.

I almost exclusively play Nidus, but I attempted to queue into as many 4-man premades as possible, and there was always a Nekros in the group.

20 mins after my original post, I was doing another uneventful vault run, when I suddenly witnessed my first floating scintillant. I realised my pedantic investigation of the vaults was largely unnecessary because the world object is indeed quite telling. Oddly, I claimed it successfully along with another squad member, but the two other squad members were not able to (allegedly).

4 minutes ago, Dazubo said:

I almost exclusively play Nidus, but I attempted to queue into as many 4-man premades as possible, and there was always a Nekros in the group.

20 mins after my original post, I was doing another uneventful vault run, when I suddenly witnessed my first floating scintillant. I realised my pedantic investigation of the vaults was largely unnecessary because the world object is indeed quite telling. Oddly, I claimed it successfully along with another squad member, but the two other squad members were not able to (allegedly).

Glad to hear you found one, yeh they're pretty obvious once you know what they look like(literally like a synathid). Sounds like you're not doing anything wrong, I've gotten over 50 but I do have active boosters whenever I play which would increase drops. I've gotten them floating around, killing mechs and desecrating them and from the caches in the vault so my advice is stick to it and RNG will eventually even out. Good luck. 

9 hours ago, Dazubo said:

Title. I have done at least 30 x 3 iso vault runs at this point, along with countless 'incomplete' vault runs due to DC/bugs. I have gotten a total of 5 scintillant drops in all of those runs, all of them from Necramechs, because apparently floating Scintillant doesn't exist for me (and yes I've looked, I've spent 10 mins combing vaults at a time in solo because that is how desperate I was to get even 1 scintillant). This is a travesty to me, who, after the Kuva weapon valence implementation, thought DE finally realised people don't actually want to run the same nonsense over and over again. It gets old fast, and after the 5th run becomes work, not fun.

I've 'played the game' sufficiently and never got the rewards which some players apparently have gotten in just a day or so of standard play. This discrepancy is unacceptable. If scintillant could be bought for 100k necraloid standing this problem could be fixed, I could buy a dozen scintillant by now.

They are rare yes but note that you only need like 7 total to build everything 

I've never found a floating Scintillant either and I've run a LOT of iso vaults. I've got like 18 casings, 9 weapon pods, 1 engine, and a fully built Necramech with over half a dozen mods to prove it. I can think of one instance where I looted a Scintillant but I'm 99.99% sure it was a drop from a Necramech. In fact, the Scintillant I used to build my Necramech was farmed from the low level bounties. I can certainly understand your frustration.

I spent basically all last week doing almost nothing but Tri-vault runs, trying to get those pieces for the Cortege. the only reason Scintillant isn't a problem for me is because I have boosters on, and I did an ungodly amount of Tri-vault runs. over 100, not all of the m successful, and I think now I have like 15 Scintillant. that sounds like a lot right? no. over 100 runs, many of which I had a friend using a Smeeta Kavat AND a Nekros to try and get one from the mechs. yes, the Mechs drop it, but it's rare, and it's in the same loot pool as your damaged parts and Necramech mods, but 9/10 times when you kill a Necramech, it'll give the relevant Matrices for your vault's difficulty, and nothing else.

..and there was a time I thought Cetus Wisps were bad. sure puts things into perspective, don't it?

100% agreed.

Took me 2 weeks to build Xaku. 1.5 weeks spent trying to farm scintillant.

And once I found enough and built it, scintillants started dropping left and right. Did 2 T2 bounties and 1 isolation vault and I had 5 in my inventory all of a sudden( I have both boosters on so that means I got 1 from bounty and 2 from 1 vault run). So I crafted the warfran like after farming for an hour. 

The RNG is so horrible in this game. I guess they wanted people to get frustrated and buy plat for Xaku bundle.

edit : 

On 2020-09-02 at 5:15 PM, (XB1)CI shadow2397 said:

They are rare yes but note that you only need like 7 total to build everything 

You need 12.

There are dozens of people who posted same threads. Scintillants was a big miss at release, it got patched in 3 days and honestly the vast majority of the active playerbase has no issue with those.

I got a bugged vault yesterday as well so not doing those anymore as well. I feel kind of bad for you, seems like you did not farmed when it was ok. I never found scints on the open as well. I think you can still target farm them, experiment with the map, you can get them outside of vaults as well.

Based on my experience, I suggest:

1. Go straight to Cambion Drifts from Orbiter then talk to Mother there to start ISO Bounty.
  2. Skip tier 1 and tier 2 vaults, go back to the surface as soon as you kill the necramechs. (25-30 mins instead of 40+ per run)
  3. Buy Resource Drop Chance Booster or recruit teammates that have it active.
  4. Buy Resource Booster, bring Smeeta Kavat equipped with Charm.

I acquired 36 scintillant total after hotfix 29.0.4 (before I got zero), in around 30 T1-T3 ISO runs, all from drops. (played as Nekros)

Note that I have both boosters active Resource and Resource Drop Chance, plus Smeeta Kavat's Charm.

Although boosters help me finish the grind early, now I have nothing else to look forward to (other than rare necramech mods).

I have over 100 scintillants, probably 90% from iso vault runs (Resource booster active, no smeeta/drop chance). Feels exactly like Cetus Wisps tbh. At the beginning you're struggling a bit but in the end it's an abundant material.

52 minutes ago, Vajet said:

I have over 100 scintillants, probably 90% from iso vault runs (Resource booster active, no smeeta/drop chance). Feels exactly like Cetus Wisps tbh. At the beginning you're struggling a bit but in the end it's an abundant material.

Abundant indeed, I think I have like 60 or so of them now, and have built everything.   Cetus Wisp are more rare for me than these.  

Archived