Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Beast Warframe] My Own Thoughts

Wulfker

Hi! I'm a long-time player of warframe and a huge, huge fan of the game. I've been playing for 5 years, throughout all my childhood. 

I know this suggestion has been brought up many, many times. (It just shows that it's a really, really great idea that many people are interested in.) I'm very familiar with the most popular fan-concept of a beast warframe, Furion-- But it's a concept that, for the past 5 years, I have never been able to get out of my head whenever I boot up the game. It'd be such a refreshing, new concept and I just feel like it'd add a lot to the game. I have been dying to play the game as a four-legged death beast and I just think it'd be so extremely fun. 

The game had gotten a bit stale for me around 2018/2019, and now that I'm revisiting it the wish for a warframe like this has returned. 

The biggest issue that was brought up in regards to this, last time I browsed a thread about it, was the troubles around animating a beast warframe. Wouldn't it be possible to use Kubrow/Kavat animations? 

I mean.. I'd even settle for getting to play as a Kubrow/Kavat as a support role that somehow buffs your squadmates. I just love playing as an animal, and to experience Warframe this way would be a dream. I know that's not something many people can probably relate to, and I'm most likely just shouting out into the void, but it's how I feel!

Again, apologies for bringing up an idea that's already been blown around a million times, but that's my suggestion/feedback!! I 

7 hours ago, selig_fay said:

So insects don't suit you?

Well, they're insects, so, ew i guess xD

But yeah, i'd be cool to have one like that. 

Melee based, animalistic attack animations (like a humanoid werewolf of sorts), sick ass design (no dangling parts pls), etc

39 minutes ago, Kaggelos said:

Well, they're insects, so, ew i guess xD

But yeah, i'd be cool to have one like that

Just like Titania exists. Valkyr is like a cat. Yes, and grendel is a devouring demon.

It's just that if the request is to move on four legs in the form of a unique animation, then given that they gave a hover for wisp, I think it's possible. (and again, Valkyr could have gotten that too). But if is  complete transformation  , I think it will cause many problems. 

A reskin of the jackal would be amazing, that's an awesome idea! It'd be so nice to have playable options that aren't warframes. With the direction they've taken the game, it just seemed like they've been looking to incorporate more unique things like that. (Plus, to me, the warframes had already gotten a bit stale.)

And yes, I think the transformation part as well is what would cause the problems too. It'd make the warframe too complicated and bloated. The idea in my head was that there IS no transformation at all, it's just a straight up four-legged killing machine. IT'D BE SO SICKKK, honestly after getting back into the game I was so surprised that it hadn't been made yet because it's such a fun idea.

On 2020-09-02 at 10:17 AM, Wulfker said:

A reskin of the jackal would be amazing, that's an awesome idea! It'd be so nice to have playable options that aren't warframes. With the direction they've taken the game, it just seemed like they've been looking to incorporate more unique things like that.

Or even reskin the Hyena or Zanuka probably having the weapons mounts the Zanuka variants we see in the index have to store and use the primary and secondary weapons. There are also a few of the index type Zanuka variants with perfect abilities that just need their numbers tweaked to be suitable for a warframe (the fan of knives comes to mind).

On 2020-09-02 at 10:17 AM, Wulfker said:

And yes, I think the transformation part as well is what would cause the problems too. It'd make the warframe too complicated and bloated. The idea in my head was that there IS no transformation at all, it's just a straight up four-legged killing machine.

It could also take the Khora approach with an integrated pet and a ability that puts you in control of the pet leaving your warframe under an AI like the umbra.

• 3 weeks later...

me and a friend of mine made a beast warframe back in april 

Ravenger
Beast Adrenalin - 1st ability, faster movement speed, lvl 0 is 2.5% for 5 second lvl 1 is 4.5% 8 seconds lvl 2 is 6.5% 12 seconds lvl 3 is 10% 15 seconds
Enhanced Senses - 2nd ability, able to see enemies tracks, lvl 0 is 3 seconds lvl 1 is 5 seconds lvl 2 is 7 seconds lvl 3 is 10 seconds
Animal Pride - 3rd ability, you get claws and your attack is increased, lvl 0 is 3% 1.5 energy drain per second lvl 1 is 5%  2 energy per second lvl 2 is 8%  2.5 energy per second lvl 3 is 10% 3 energy per second
Beast Mode - 4th ability, all stats increased and can see enemies through walls for a certain radius, even if the duration of 1, 2, and 3 finish Beast Mode keeps all 3 going. lvl 0 stats increased by 2.5% 2 enegy per second  lvl 1 is 5% 3 energy per second lvl 2 is 7% 4 energy per second lvl 3 is 10% 5 energy per second takes 10% extra damige
maxed his Armor is 200, health 400, shield is 125, energy is 250, sprint speed 1.0
beginning his Armor is 200, Health 175, shield is 25, energy is 150, sprint speed is 1.0
all 1, 2 , and 3 abilities MUST be active at once in order to use Beast Mode
375 plat from the orbiter market
Beast Adrenalin energy 25 Enhanced Senses energy 50 Animal Pride energy 75 Beast Mode energy 50

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Mentor0fHeroes said:

I just looked at that concept, and I have a question for you since the original post has already been archived.

How would he hold a weapon?

Like every beast warframe does. Shapeshifitng. Essentially a necessary feature to make sure the frame won't break a quest or mission type. I did it with a giant / plant warframe , dit with a spider frame , literally every kubrow frame doea that and so on.

Archived