Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A rework on Magnetic damage

(NSW)Belaptir

7 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Simple Fix:

make Shields block Status Procs from applying, except for Magnetic.

Now magnetic is relevant again, you need it to strip shields Before you can start Viral/Slash/Heat procing those Corpus to death

Make it so all status procs, including Magnetic, are blocked.
Change Magnetic status proc to be something completely unrelated to shields, something that can be useful against non-shielded enemies. (I'd suggest "bullet attractor" if that wasn't the Void proc - which should be changed anyways)
Increase Magnetic to do +300% damage against Shields. (might be a bit dramatic)

Magnetic could be desirable just by having enough raw damage to rip shields apart faster than any other option.

You will honestly never make any other damage type relevant by making them more powerful in damage over viral/corrosive and at that point it would be a broken damage multiplier. So looking at the utility of the procs.

Blast is extremely important as a status effect so reworking that is a no go in my opinion as so many abilities can be built around it.

Magnetic damage is honestly a design space against greatly shielded enemies. While disarming sounds good I would rather have the now seemingly bad Magnetic be buffed by giving it more targets, exactly like Radiation has become a lot better after Eidolons and Necramechs or other big armor enemies.

Magnetic is also good if you don't want to run a frame that can completely make shields irrelevant for enemies, so Kuva Liches are a good start for magnetic's use.

The real worst element in the game is Void by far, it's a rare damage type that now with Xaku's 1 has shown that it doesn't really work in general gameplay, the ability had to be scuffed to balance the intended use of Void on the operator and the proc of Void is counter productive when it makes headshots harder in general gameplay. It's more of a problem because Xaku's 1 is bland and should be reworked, but imo the procs of Magnetic and Blast are completely fine even though they are not the damage dealers in current gameplay.

6 hours ago, selig_fay said:

I will repeat it again. I don't like what you said about blast. I do not need a separate thread to dispute your statement.

It doesn't matter what you like. You are 1 person. I can use blast against Tusk thumpers or whatever else I feel like. I'm not running it 24/7 and it could definitely be reworked. I'm just saying no one is obligated to use 3 statuses just because you want them to. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

It doesn't matter what you like. You are 1 person. I can use blast against Tusk thumpers or whatever else I feel like. I'm not running it 24/7 and it could definitely be reworked. I'm just saying no one is obligated to use 3 statuses just because you want them to. 

OK. I can assume that you have no arguments about the benefits of blast, and you use it for no reason?

And it's funny that you are talking about 3 statuses. I have covered corrosion, fire, virus, toxin, slash, ice, radiation and magnet. I think this is not 3. And they are all very helpful.

13 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

OK. I can assume that you have no arguments about the benefits of blast, and you use it for no reason?

And it's funny that you are talking about 3 statuses. I have covered corrosion, fire, virus, toxin, slash, ice, radiation and magnet. I think this is not 3. And they are all very helpful.

Like I said, I think you're under the impression that what you say matters or will influence my playstyle in some shape or form. If I can kill an enemy with blast, then I'm gonna kill an enemy with blast. You're more than welcome try blast out, and if you don't like it then that is completely ok. Your playstyle doesn't matter to me. 

I don't need help in this game at all. I don't need to put the same statuses on every weapon to complete missions. I understand you need all the help you can get and that is fine. 

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

If I can kill an enemy with blast, then I'm gonna kill an enemy with blast.

This logic applies to all statuses. And this logic does not balance them. Hey, I can kill level 50 enemies with blast, but corrosion is still better because it can kill level 50 enemies and help kill level 100 enemies, which blast doesn't. Ok, ice can kill level 50 enemies and can slow down level 100 enemies a lot, which the blast does not. And that's all with a good weapon, but when you pick up the mk1 breiton, it starts to matter.

If your argument is that op weapons make the status system useless at low levels, then you are very implicitly promoting this point of view. 

1 hour ago, selig_fay said:

This logic applies to all statuses. And this logic does not balance them. Hey, I can kill level 50 enemies with blast, but corrosion is still better because it can kill level 50 enemies and help kill level 100 enemies, which blast doesn't. Ok, ice can kill level 50 enemies and can slow down level 100 enemies a lot, which the blast does not. And that's all with a good weapon, but when you pick up the mk1 breiton, it starts to matter.

If your argument is that op weapons make the status system useless at low levels, then you are very implicitly promoting this point of view. 

Yea....genius.....because blast lowers accuracy....are you unaware? It's fun to apply the status along with Nyx for example and watch the enemies shoot the floor.

I can kill them when I'm ready.

imo damage should not bypass defenses. both toxin and slash procs have long since needed a nerf, then DE goes on to add another problem by making viral damage amp. the whole damage system needs an overhaul or a reduction to how many damage types there are. 

magnetic is only bad because toxin exists and its straight up beat by radiation on robotics. 

11 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

because blast lowers accuracy....are you unaware?

I know. I wrote this a couple of times above. And I also wrote that there is no use for this in the game. Again, the blast is composed of ice and fire. Fire is a lot of damage. Ice is a large CC that reduces damage by reducing the speed of enemies' actions. And that calls into question the use of precision reduction because it doesn't do much protection. Enemies will still hit you a lot.

And this I say from my personal tests for Titania. 125% reduction in accuracy - it only looks salidy. But in fact, compared to what the ice does, it looks very sad. It looks like the blast proc reduces the total damage by 30% in perspective, but this is if we take the distance of 15 meters at which we are on the mission. In melee, it's useless. And the corridors won't let you stand further. And I’m already silent about how sad Nyx players when instead of disarming they received this garbage.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind the old blast prock, because knockback had its own niche.

8 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

I know. I wrote this a couple of times above. And I also wrote that there is no use for this in the game. Again, the blast is composed of ice and fire. Fire is a lot of damage. Ice is a large CC that reduces damage by reducing the speed of enemies' actions. And that calls into question the use of precision reduction because it doesn't do much protection. Enemies will still hit you a lot.

And this I say from my personal tests for Titania. 125% reduction in accuracy - it only looks salidy. But in fact, compared to what the ice does, it looks very sad. It looks like the blast proc reduces the total damage by 30% in perspective, but this is if we take the distance of 15 meters at which we are on the mission. In melee, it's useless. And the corridors won't let you stand further. And I’m already silent about how sad Nyx players when instead of disarming they received this garbage.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind the old blast prock, because knockback had its own niche.

Well yea it clearly needs to be reworked. Accuracy is still a factor that plays into damage mitigation which is why I said it has its uses, even if a terrible use. You should report it to feedback if that's the case then.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Well yea it clearly needs to be reworked. Accuracy is still a factor that plays into damage mitigation which is why I said it has its uses, even if a terrible use. You should report it to feedback if that's the case then.

well, even if it gets an improvement, I'd rather blast and gas get additional benefits as aoe statuses. For example, gas spreads other statuses, which would be strong, and blast damage just provides aoe weapon damage (which would also have a chance status) when prock.

Well, either gas and blast can do the same thing, just blast to spread physical statuses, and gas are elemental. This is very important when physical statuses compete with elemental ones on the same level, but physical ones are more difficult to grow.

And if the blast does aoe, then the reduction in accuracy will be a nice little bonus rather than a useless thing.

Against players, magnetic damage depletes energy, they should just make it so enemies can't use their special abilities. Turn off Eximus effects, no grappling hooks or ground slams. They can set the amount of magnetic procs required to different levels based on the enemy, but it irks me that enemies don't seem to have any resource management, and the status that attacks our shield and energy does nothing to most foes. 

36 minutes ago, BahamutKaiser said:

Against players, magnetic damage depletes energy, they should just make it so enemies can't use their special abilities. Turn off Eximus effects, no grappling hooks or ground slams. They can set the amount of magnetic procs required to different levels based on the enemy, but it irks me that enemies don't seem to have any resource management, and the status that attacks our shield and energy does nothing to most foes. 

It's funny, but in modern MMOs there is a bosses stamina bar, which is spent on the players' CC resistance, and when it ends, the boss becomes defenseless and cannot attack. If we had something like this, the magnet could increase the amount of stamina consumed for the CC resist.

• 6 months later...

Archived