Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

May We Please Get Boss Reworks on old Bosses like The Sergeant

(PSN)Tomplexthis

i got an idea for the ultimate sergeant, 1. he has 4 spider orbs in his boss room. each has a power disabling aura that disables 1 of 4 powers. all 4 combined disable all 4 powers. he himself uses 3 decoy cppies of himself. he has a red light on his back to distinguish himself from the other 3 which have a blue green yellow light. the room has wind turbines that lnock you around and cryo floor panels to slow you. to kill the sergeant you must turn off 2 engines that make him invincible. the engines give him shields that prevent damage. simply kill 1 spider grab its fuel cell and insert it to overload 1 engine. when both are down he can take damage. he wields a tether grenade that tethers tenno. and a net grenade only useable when theres 2 3 4 players. this net disables 1 player by trapping them it can only be removed by another player. his gun is a battacor.

----The Sergeant deals puncture heat damge, blue light decoy deals puncture cold, green light deals puncture toxic, yellow light deals electric puncture. 

the 4 spiders would be like the big overshield green ones from orb vallis. each one disables 1 of your warframe powers. but each drops 1 fuel cell to disable The Sergeants overshield generator. 

the room itself is like a hexagon shape, built like the design of new corpus ships. each tip of the hexagon will have cryo pools that can freeze players. with a rotating wind turbine around the room that circumvents the room blowing you around. 

Phorid, Sargus Ruk, Lech kril, Vor, corrupted vor, vay hek, hyena pack, could all use their own boss rooms, and redesigns to their fights. with additive scaling based on players in the squad. 

corrupted vor could definitely be tweaked by giving him the G3 as backup. when he appears. though they dont drop anything. killing Corrupted vor quick should also skip his obnoxious endless dialogue. he could drop corrupted seer, corrupted cronus blueprints. 

phorid should be 50% bigger and have a new phase system. 3 tumors are on his body. break them to kill him. his base level will get +15 from what it is now. new attacks and new Necralisk infested could spawn. maybe a story connecting him to the son. 

Regular vor would see light touchups to his design and own room. but kept mediocre for nee players. 

Sargas ruk could be 20% bigger with his own new lava room themed fire area tileset.  

---Another idea in my head, why cant Kuva siphons give us 900 from 600 and Kuva floods 1800 from 1200. the kuva grind is pretty bad. 

900 kuva on siphons

1800 kuva on floods

spider man lol GIF

Like DE would consider such even, it was more important to change the basically first/second Tutorial boss with Jackal to promote the Parazon so people want the Mods for it and buy the packs because the Drop Chance for those is abysmall low on almost every boss.

DE has questionable prioritys, rather move on something new and let the odl things rot or change it when it is to late or when they want to push something in there favor.

Yet Phorid and Sergeant are the worst exampel staying for this like years, same with units, especially infected, we got new ones on Deimos and with Arlo in Nightwave, BUT they are exclusive to those nods only. While the other factions get a recolour at best with Grineer, while Corpus makes old bosses into basic units like Hyena and the Jackal.

This is bad MMORPG logic, robbing the bosses fro mthere uniquness, it at least makes sense for Corpus ina way since they are mass producing, but then we kil lthose to stop this, yet it not matters since they still make them anyway, so the Lotus dialog not makes sense at all. We stop nothing on those being mass produced.

• 6 months later...
On 2020-09-02 at 12:53 PM, Marine027 said:

spider man lol GIF

Like DE would consider such even, it was more important to change the basically first/second Tutorial boss with Jackal to promote the Parazon so people want the Mods for it and buy the packs because the Drop Chance for those is abysmally low on almost every boss.

DE has questionable priorities, rather move on something new and let the odl things rot or change it when it is to late or when they want to push something in there favor.

Yet Phorid and Sergeant are the worst example staying for this like years, same with units, especially infected, we got new ones on Deimos and with Arlo in Nightwave, BUT they are exclusive to those nods only. While the other factions get a recolour at best with Grineer, while Corpus makes old bosses into basic units like Hyena and the Jackal.

This is bad MMORPG logic, robbing the bosses from their uniqueness, it at least makes sense for Corpus ina way since they are mass producing, but then we kill those to stop this, yet it not matters since they still make them anyway, so the Lotus dialog not makes sense at all. We stop nothing on those being mass produced.

i think that the base game needs a full overhaul, like every boss, mission, and old tileset. alot of the older tilesets are so flawed compared to gas city, and corpus ships.

void, pluto, neptune, earth (has some issues), uranus, void derelict, venus, saturn, ceres, europa, mercury, grineer ships.

The bosses too, if they all had their own rooms, and unique battle designs, it would be nice. 

its just tough though, cause mostly all we do is rerun missions forever. redesigning the core game modes would be something big, but like what could they do.

linking archwing/necramechs/railjack seamlessly into missions would be huge. but right now, i just find necramechs obnoxious and clunky. 

(rip orphix)

Honestly once they finish with whatever big update comes next they really do need to take the time to go back through and "zip up" old content to make it and the new stuff fit together better. QoL updates, story/quest rewrites, probably some changes made to help enforce pacing in the story quests so new players can't just breeze through to the end without fully understanding everything they passed over, honestly even if it puts a moratorium on new content for a while it would still be nice to see old content improved and revisited as "new" content to make for a better game experience overall.

37 minutes ago, Cobalt313 said:

moratorium on new content for a while

Cant do that again. I used to want this too with reworks and such

DE did it before for a year and not only were the reworks not the best (to say the least), but it also got a lot of people to be extremely bored with game as they were left with nothing to really do. "Content drought" was said everywhere... I would argue that people still are being affected by the aftermath of it lol. The next update will hopefully help with that but yeah, it did not feel good at all

I think it would be best of they stick to doing it how they used to, with the change of only letting PABLO do reworks. Ive seen him do frames, curious on how he would go about making enemies though. Making abilities that fit well together is one thing, making a boss fight thats not just about being a bullet sponge and damaging the player is another. The changes they did to the boss on Venus were nice but they didnt make him a 'fight', they made him bullet sponge with 'milestone cutscenes' if that makes sense. Made mission more cool to watch with cutscenes  but no fight was put into the boss. He still struggles too much to touch the player in a fair way

Honestly, if the main gameplay loop is too boring to keep players invested, thats more of a problem than there just not being content. Sure bosses are hot ticket items, but the entire core game needs a look over. Adding new content forever doesn't fix the problem in that DE needs to improve what is already there or be stuck in a rat race of making new content to gloss over what is broken about their game: it just isn't as replay able as it needs to be.

1 hour ago, Teoarrk said:

Honestly, if the main gameplay loop is too boring to keep players invested, thats more of a problem than there just not being content. Sure bosses are hot ticket items, but the entire core game needs a look over. Adding new content forever doesn't fix the problem in that DE needs to improve what is already there or be stuck in a rat race of making new content to gloss over what is broken about their game: it just isn't as replay able as it needs to be.

a main problem is, Why revisit old content anyways? why fight a boss that has literally nothing to offer? it would be nice to polish all the old content to be up to par with the newer stuff, but as a veteran it just opens the door to the issue of having no reason to replay any of it in the first place, everything in warframe is a content island, that offers 1 or 2 items, then after grinding out those things, it all becomes worthless, quests take 5 minutes to play, but DE 2 years to make, bosses take about 30 minutes to get the 1 warframe or weapon or mod they drop, then never have a purpose again, we grind to grind to grind more, and in the end, it seems Cosmetics are the main drive of the games economy keeping it going, or in the Trade market, constantly nerfed rivens that are marketed at too high a price for some to afford. the old content is like wooden support beams holding up the empire state building, its rusty and collapsing in on itself, but bringing up the entirety of a faulty game loop, its that for a looter shooter, there isnt much loot worth shooting for. 

besides whatever we acquire gets nerfed for usage data. xD i feel exhausted playing the game anymore, because whatever we work for becomes irrelevant 3 months later.

that helminth system hit me hard though, being excited, then slapped down to reality of warframes direction.

I don't know what to tell you other than that hits me where I live. I've got a laundry list of things I want to tackle, so I'm going to tackle this one too (eventually). If you head over this post here, you can see that fixing the game little by little is one of my focuses.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Tomplexthis:

a main problem is, Why revisit old content anyways? why fight a boss that has literally nothing to offer? it would be nice to polish all the old content to be up to par with the newer stuff, but as a veteran it just opens the door to the issue of having no reason to replay any of it in the first place, everything in warframe is a content island, that offers 1 or 2 items, then after grinding out those things, it all becomes worthless, quests take 5 minutes to play, but DE 2 years to make, bosses take about 30 minutes to get the 1 warframe or weapon or mod they drop, then never have a purpose again, we grind to grind to grind more, and in the end, it seems Cosmetics are the main drive of the games economy keeping it going, or in the Trade market, constantly nerfed rivens that are marketed at too high a price for some to afford. the old content is like wooden support beams holding up the empire state building, its rusty and collapsing in on itself, but bringing up the entirety of a faulty game loop, its that for a looter shooter, there isnt much loot worth shooting for. 

besides whatever we acquire gets nerfed for usage data. xD i feel exhausted playing the game anymore, because whatever we work for becomes irrelevant 3 months later.

that helminth system hit me hard though, being excited, then slapped down to reality of warframes direction.

Main issue of most Online games tho, they keep adding more and more, i just in this case feel bad for new players because they never can catch up then, most MMO's make it that old stuff gets easier access after its outdated, here it is not possible really since no real gear or gear score to get better.

Those kinds of games just stack up too much and people burn out from it with older players, while newer ones can turn away with seeing what is all to do before them to get anywhere. Taking a break and coming back is nice I say, but not so nice if a game has limited events or shops when you never know when to come back or when to leave.

FFXIV does this more well in my eyes, Yoshida himself wants people to take breaks after all,  yet on the other hand there is the home destruction of your house if you not log in regularly, on a game you have to pay a sub for on top.

I say it how it is most MMO's regardless if shooter, RPG, or whatever, they all try to last way to long, look at WoW, people at best change, old players go new players come, but never can satisfy both, this is kinda natural due to such long lifespans, people need to understand nothing lasts forever, may it be a franchise, movie or game or a beloved online game, either you leave it or the game dies till then and can never be played again, the risk of MMO's after all.

While it is true DE in this case overthinks too much and or makes odd decisions, it is also how the player base evolved in such, people are overfed with games and genres after all. They try to hold on something they can return to always, but also turn a blind eye than on failures to it. It is an endless circle by now, we keep turning back to such and hope it gets better.

I stopped playing before the Halloween event hit, shortly after Deimos release, the game just for me turned in a direction I did not like. Also, the risk of such games, they can change something whenever they might feel like it, again like WoW, removing skills or even changing the maps to drive the story, old things lost forever at times.

This is the fear people have, loosing what they hold so close for so long by now. I can relate too, I invested also a lot of time and money here. And one day it might be all gone, and I keep thinking then if I wasted money on it all since it might not last. There are simply a lot of issues people can have with all this, burned out, overfed with something or on the opposite, fear to lose their "hard work".

It is just a very sad circle of repeating the same mistakes, both developer wise and community wise. And both sites never seemingly want to or can't learn.

2 hours ago, Marine027 said:

FFXIV does this more well in my eyes, Yoshida himself wants people to take breaks after all,  yet on the other hand there is the home destruction of your house if you not log in regularly, on a game you have to pay a sub for on top.

my friends hate this specifically, and its a massive turnoff on the game in any regard. cant take a break, if the game breaks you for doing so.

warframe has that feeling now, if you dont play, you miss out on a ton of random gunk. it feels like iam chained down to play the game.

so i kinda just backed off from it for a while, it feels exhausting to play, and that isnt fun, and now it feels unrewarding as well, with the nerf flood gates always open. 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Tomplexthis:

my friends hate this specifically, and its a massive turnoff on the game in any regard. cant take a break, if the game breaks you for doing so.

warframe has that feeling now, if you dont play, you miss out on a ton of random gunk. it feels like iam chained down to play the game.

so i kinda just backed off from it for a while, it feels exhausting to play, and that isnt fun, and now it feels unrewarding as well, with the nerf flood gates always open. 

How I feel with most Online games now, tired of battle passes and limited events that never return or only when you not prepare for it. I hate this in general also story and design wise honestly, when a MMO as example WoW again, with Cataclysm, suddenly the old world was gone, and you never could experience the old world anymore. I mean sure things need to evolve of course, but there should be an option also in such cases, I mean, we literally have in WoW's case the Caves of Time for such.

And yes, server capacity and game size of course play into it as well, but it should not be the norm in my eyes to make changes so drastically just to feel different without connecting at worst like Nightwave is in my eyes in Warframe, not affecting or mentioned anywhere outside its own story bubble.

Archived