Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using Helminth Infusion, have you made a Warframe more thematic? (relating to that Warframe's theme)

Zahnny

I've only unlocked two infusions so far, Protea which was my first choice, and then Nyx.

Looking to dump an ability so that I could feed my Helminth I gave Nyx's Mind Control to Loki, replacing his Decoy. (I've seen others mention giving Loki banish so he can make his Decoy immortal but I find Mind Control to have more uses than that.) Oh and Mind Control has the Mind Freak augment, boosting the proxy's damage by 500% so now you have a decoy that scales with the enemies health and armor instead of a small thing that dies in a few hits.

I'm a big fan of Etymology and one thing that always bugged me in Warframe was how Nyx literally translates to Night, and is associated with a Greek God who also embodies the night. I'm sure Nyx isn't the only Warframe whose name can seem a bit disjointed from its original meaning, but Nyx always stood out as one that bothered me the most over it. Since her frame consists of Telekinesis and Telepathy abilities. In previous threads I have discussed how while you could stretch Night to include Sleep, Dreams and Nightmares, another Greek God already exists for that, being Morpheus.

But enough of that, I'm sure that with the success of things such as The Avengers most of you reading this will already know Loki is a trickster god. Deceitful, playing minor and major pranks on others or even plots.

As a result, I feel manipulating someone else to fight for him, even temporarily fits Loki's chaotic nature, hidden in the shadows, watching as his minion or proxy sows chaos against their peers.

I make this thread because I'm curious if there are any other frame combos that can enhance their theme.

I added Infested Mobility to Volt, and I plan on the following:

• Radial Blind on Loki, replacing Switch Teleport
  • Empower on Chroma, replacing Spectral Scream
  • Dispensary on Vauban, replacing either Minelayer or Photon Strike
  • Warcry on Umbra, replacing Slash Dash
  • Terrify on Inaros, replacing Sandstorm
  • Thermal Sunder to Frost, replacing Freeze

At least this list.

I removed Bladestorm on Ash and put in Perspicacity. 

It makes Ash feel even Ashier. Bladestorm makes me feel sad it's a motion sickness inducing shadow of its former self. Can't wait to reach level 6 with Helminth and use another config to replace Bladestorm with Marked for Death so Ash actually has a good ultimate again that feels like Ash. 

Then I'll probably replace Bladestorm on yet another build with something else, maybe Radial Blind idk, I think that would fit a ninja assassin like Ash perfectly. 

Maybe if everyone who plays Ash starts removing Bladestorm on every config for something else, DE will finally get the hint and make it not terrible and literal sickness inducing. 

I added Fire Walker + Augment on Gauss. Removed Thermal Sunder because Fire Walker is better CC. That allowed me to remove al the range mods I had (2) and focus on duration.

Nothing is touching me on SP because they are being CC’d and after enough damage is accumulated I just kick a cone of fire that deals 100k damage for 27s 

I call it.... HERMES GAUSS! Reeeeeee

Edit: 

I am speed

• Condemn on one of my Baruuk builds. I made him look like some kind of Orokin Justicar, so felt that chains would fit well.
    Spoiler

NIGnwv4.png

• Silence on a Nova build. I figure Nova would be forcing particles to oscillate between matter and antimatter to disorient her enemies, which would produce a sound too high for human ears to actually hear.
  • Ensare on Atlas. You can make them look like plant vines (Accent coloring), so he becomes a bit of an earth/nature elemental.

I have more planned, but that is all I've done so far.

Mesa theme enhancing? 

Ensnare Mesa (Lasso) 

Empower munitions Mesa (lots of ammo)

Shriyuken Mesa (throw knives) 

Inaros 1 Mesa ( throwing dirt in their eyes) 

some others I’m gonna try: 

Nekros Condemn (becomes mwahahah) 

Baruuk Pull (Jedi theme) 

Valkyr Roar (cause she mad) 

Sayrn Ensnare or Oberon Ensnare (death vines) 

43 minutes ago, (PS4)poloslash18 said:

I added Fire Walker + Augment on Gauss. Removed Thermal Sunder because Fire Walker is better CC. That allowed me to remove al the range mods I had (2) and focus on duration.

Nothing is touching me on SP because they are being CC’d and after enough damage is accumulated I just kick a cone of fire that deals 100k damage for 27s 

I call it.... HERMES GAUSS! Reeeeeee

Edit: 

I am speed

Dude that’s so cool. I put pillage on Mesa and I call it “Inaros with guns”! Lol

15 minutes ago, Voltage said:

While I understand the objective of OP, I feel the theme of Warframes as a whole are to be insanely powerful war machines. In this sense, every ability you infuse that benefits you greatly and you enjoy is fitting to the theme :D.

I second this. The overarching theme is only limited by your imagination/perception OP.

While I understand the objective of OP, I feel the theme of Warframes as a whole are to be insanely powerful war machines. In this sense, every ability you infuse that benefits you greatly and you enjoy is fitting to the theme :D.

I replaced Sonic Boom (replacing Quake was probably better, but I felt more comfortable casting 1,2, and 3 instead of 2,3, and 4 for some reason) with Rest and Rage on Banshee Prime for this reason.

31 minutes ago, MasterBurik said:
  • Condemn on one of my Baruuk builds. I made him look like some kind of Orokin Justicar, so felt that chains would fit well.
      Hide contents

NIGnwv4.png

• Silence on a Nova build. I figure Nova would be forcing particles to oscillate between matter and antimatter to disorient her enemies, which would produce a sound too high for human ears to actually hear.
  • Ensare on Atlas. You can make them look like plant vines (Accent coloring), so he becomes a bit of an earth/nature elemental.

I have more planned, but that is all I've done so far.

What are the shoulder pieces on that Baruuk? Looks nice!

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

I replaced Sonic Boom (replacing Quake was probably better, but I felt more comfortable casting 1,2, and 3 instead of 2,3, and 4 for some reason) with Rest and Rage on Banshee Prime for this reason.

I'm not sure you understand what the OP means by "thematic." "Insanely powerful war machines" isn't a theme. Excalibur being a sword-focused frame is a theme. Trinity being a healer is a theme. Ash being a ninja is a theme. Putting Mind Control on Loki because Loki mind-controls Hawkeye using his scepter in Marvel's Avengers is thematic. "Insane powerful war machine" isn't a theme. It's just what the warframes are.

For example, I put Eclipse on Excal Umbra because it's thematic. Why? Let's look at the definition of "umbra":

um·bra

/ˈəmbrə/

noun

1. the fully shaded inner region of a shadow cast by an opaque object, especially the area on the earth or moon experiencing the total phase of an eclipse.

That's thematic. Putting any ability on any warframe isn't thematic.

9 minutes ago, OniDax said:

Putting Mind Control on Loki because Loki mind-controls Hawkeye using his scepter in Marvel's Avengers is thematic.

Huh, I completely forgot about that. I just used Avengers example because I assume that's what most people are familiar with when they hear or think of Loki.

4 hours ago, Zahnny said:

I make this thread because I'm curious if there are any other frame combos that can enhance their theme.

-Volt with Tesla Nervos. it's still electrical and FAR superior to Shock, and that's even before factoring in Tesla Bank, arguably one of the best augments in the game. if DE won't give me Palpatine's unlimited power, then I'll take the next best thing: Tesla Bank.

- Ember with Firewalker: faster mobility, it's fire, and it goes well with her passive, you could run around setting everyone on fire and give a ton of power strength to your next cast.

- Nekros with Blood Altar: keeps you alive long enough to cast Shadows of The Dead, and with his Orbs and desecrate everyone gets insane healing. the altars look like they would fit with Nekros very well.

- Frost with Elemental ward. Ice type ward, obviously. now he can be tanky without needign to be in his bubble.

- Shield Rebuild on trinity. basically a second personal blessing if low on energy and another way to keep her tanky. might swap for a damaging power, though not sure what I'd use. 

25 minutes ago, OniDax said:

I'm not sure you understand what the OP means by "thematic." "Insanely powerful war machines" isn't a theme. Excalibur being a sword-focused frame is a theme. Trinity being a healer is a theme. Ash being a ninja is a theme. Putting Mind Control on Loki because Loki mind-controls Hawkeye using his scepter in Marvel's Avengers is thematic. "Insane powerful war machine" isn't a theme. It's just what the warframes are.

For example, I put Eclipse on Excal Umbra because it's thematic. Why? Let's look at the definition of "umbra":

That's thematic. Putting any ability on any warframe isn't thematic.

picard-facepalm.jpg

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

While I understand the objective of OP ....

Maybe I need a /s next time.

I was intentionally making some small joke.

Archived