Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sly Vulphalayas glitch

Harambe_Prime

Whenever I receive a buff, argon scope, berserker (character goes blueish) i get these weird artifacts on my screen and my fps grinds down to a halt.

It seems to happen on and off and i cant really connect it to anything but getting a buff. I hope you guys can help me out as it's making the game quite unplayable. This started after I let the game run while afk for a couple of hours.

I've attached screenshots of the issue.lUkFjtC.jpeg
HYT7Z2W.jpeg

I've figured out what exactly is causing it.

The survival instincts ability from the sly vulpaphyla seems to be the cause of the bug. It doesn't happen when I dont bring the vulpaphyla, also the artifacts disappear as soon as the buff runs out.

I guess I won't be bringing my vulpaphyla for a while.

3 minutes ago, Harambe_Prime said:

I've figured out what exactly is causing it.

The survival instincts ability from the sly vulpaphyla seems to be the cause of the bug. It doesn't happen when I dont bring the vulpaphyla, also the artifacts disappear as soon as the buff runs out.

I guess I won't be bringing my vulpaphyla for a while.

Thanks for this! We'll take a look.

I'm going quote my friend because we experienced the same thing and he actually put in a bug ticket. On most tiles and maps this is only as small issue, but on the new corpus ships it actually causes me to almost lag out in fps drops every time it procs. Some times the game even freezes for 5-10 secs on those tile sets. I've got a high end sets-up, so I have NEVER had a problem with fps, hosting, or freezes.

~upforevision~

"The Sly Vulphalayas mod ability effect is causing weird screen tears and a patch of distortion.  Everytime the Sly Vulphalayas ability procs from Survival Instinct I get this weird block in front of the frame with a bunch of graphics tears. Kind of like picking up volts shield and having it glitches and distorted. This almost fried my video card it undergo some extreme heat all of a sudden and was very worried as to what may happen. Please look into it."

17 minutes ago, Kamishawe said:

I'm going quote my friend because we experienced the same thing and he actually put in a bug ticket. On most tiles and maps this is only as small issue, but on the new corpus ships it actually causes me to almost lag out in fps drops every time it procs. Some times the game even freezes for 5-10 secs on those tile sets. I've got a high end sets-up, so I have NEVER had a problem with fps, hosting, or freezes.

~upforevision~

"The Sly Vulphalayas mod ability effect is causing weird screen tears and a patch of distortion.  Everytime the Sly Vulphalayas ability procs from Survival Instinct I get this weird block in front of the frame with a bunch of graphics tears. Kind of like picking up volts shield and having it glitches and distorted. This almost fried my video card it undergo some extreme heat all of a sudden and was very worried as to what may happen. Please look into it."

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I can confirm that we have been able to reproduce this internally, so we'll try to get it cleaned up in a timely manner. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Hi Linkski,

I just played another mission where I tried taking out the specific mod causing the buff that caused the bug, it didn't happen for a while until I got the buff on the right of the buffs on this screenshot, I'm not exactly sure what it is, however the blue hue on my character is the same, so i suspect that is what is causing it. I was still playing with a vulpaphyla, will try to go without one and play an entire mission to see what happens.
Q8UFAEN.jpg

Tested it out some more, I suspect it's the Equinox Antonym skin in combination with the blue hue/survival instinct.

It did not happen while I wasn't running a sly vulphaphyla as Equinox prime with antonym skin in grineer tileset.

Next I tried Ember prime with sly vulpaphyla with survival instinct in same tileset and the bug once again didnt happen. I suspect it has something to do with the Equinox antonym skin. I put some screenshots down below comparing Ember, Equinox prime, and Equinox Antonym. Only the antonym has the bug happening.

I also noticed a sound that keeps on repeating, like something is trying to activate over and over(possibly vulpaphyla ability). I'll try and get a recording of it.
fbaMfTg.jpg

AgzKbKQ.jpg

XoeCsw3.jpg

not sure if skins have anything to do with it since me and my friend never run Equinox. We've seen it happened on Xaku, Khora, Gara, Loki, Ivara, Octavia, Protea and Wisp so far. Some have aftermarket skin, some do not.  But every instance has been with the Sly Vulpa equipped.

I find this seems to be far worse the more enemies I kill at once. If it's just a few, the artifacting will happen slightly, but it won't be too awful. If I do something that kills dozens of enemies at once, it becomes far worse. I have pull subsumed on Xaku, and if I use it in lower level missions, it'll bring me down to like 2FPS. Maybe the buff is sorta stacking internally?

9 hours ago, Harambe_Prime said:

Hi Linkski,

I just played another mission where I tried taking out the specific mod causing the buff that caused the bug, it didn't happen for a while until I got the buff on the right of the buffs on this screenshot, I'm not exactly sure what it is, however the blue hue on my character is the same, so i suspect that is what is causing it. I was still playing with a vulpaphyla, will try to go without one and play an entire mission to see what happens.
Q8UFAEN.jpg

I've been having the same issue today. Whenever I get a kill with Wisp, I don't get the color change of my frame, but I do get the weird blurring exactly like the one in this post. I'm running the Sly Vulpaphyla while using all default appearance settings of my frame and it happens without any buffs being active, even affinity sharing. I haven't seen the bug while playing solo, but as soon as I join a game with another person, I get the blurring again after EVERY kill, no matter what weapon I use. The effect also stacks on top of each other and with every kill I get to the point where the frames dip below 15 and I typically run the game at a stable 60+. After a single kill, the effect lasts for around 7 seconds. I've gotten the bug on various missions for two hours straight and even while playing railjack. I played with a few friends today and they could also see it, but it extended much further than what I could see on my side and they said it looked like an extremely stretched texture. It's looks like a constant heat wave effect covering about 40% of my screen coming off of the back of my frame. I've ran the exact same build on my Mirage Prime and haven't seen the bug until I switched to Wisp.

I was going to make a ticket on this, complete with screenshots, but I'll only confirm that I have the same "effect".

Screenshots doesn't do it justice, however, it is like playing standing under a heat duct going full speed. Not only can't you see good enough to play effectively, the effect tricks the eyes to try to re-focus (it's like playing with eyewear continuously refocusing many times per sec), which in turn (if playing a bit longer) will give you one heck of a headache.

The light blue overlay color on the warframe is what it is, but considering how often it triggers maybe a less intrusive effect could be in order. In some missions I seem to be spending most of the time as a shimmering light blue-striped warframe...

Addition: was using Oberon Prime with the Feyarch skin (and a Sly Vulpaphyla, of course).

Thought that was why I saw frames dropping previously, although the in-game FPS counter didn't show it.

Tried to replicate this afternoon and seems to be fixed. There was a sort of invisible "shimmer" that showed up when the issue replicated that no longer does. Good job!

Archived