Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've spent 20+ hours farming Nidus, never got a single Systems. How is this okay?

Ner1n

Half rant, half actual complaint, but I quit the game for this very reason 2 years ago. Spammed the mission for hours on end, only to get Neuros and Chassis and 50 endo over and over again. Now that I'm back to playing, I remembered I really liked Nidus' kit and thought I'd give it another go. 

Since then I've been running Oestrus for 4 hours a day for an entire week, and at this point I just want to quit the game again. Is this to be expected? How long did it take you guys?

And why hasn't this been reworked? It's the most brain dead and boring possible way to get Warframe parts. Add that to having to farm the resources, and then waiting some more to finally craft the darn thing. At least the ones you get from bounties give you something cool like lenses or 500 endo, instead of 50, and running bosses over and over again can get you a couple cells. 

My fix? Keep the dumb mission, but make it like Khora, as in rot. A gives you X part, B gives you Y part and C gives you Z part. This way at least you are not forced to go to 4 rounds every single time.

I think I was relatively lucky with Nidus when he got released, only a couple of runs. On the other hand I had frames which took me a long time to farm as well. I think I had 40 or 50 runs for the last frost part I needed. The Detron took me well over two years, cause I never got the main bp, even with zanuka beacons. Try not to focus on this one thing, just do it from time to time. Eventually you will get the drop you are looking for. Tbh, most farms are just a giant blur for me by now, so I dont force myself to do them immediately and mostly I play with friends to keep me company, nice talks help with keeping things interesting, even moreso since farming usually isnt.

I was extremely lucky with nidus at the actual release.

Managed to get it in a few days with no duplicates.

When trying to farm it the second time i wasnt as lucky , but still got him in a few days again.

Surprisingly the best frame for it is Khora on Solo as it makes things easier to manage and get drops - 10 minutes per run. must have done 20 or so.

2 minutes ago, Hardwood said:

I went to farm a second Nidus and immediately remembered how awful that grind was and gave up.

The mission is so long and boring, it might be the worst frame in the game to farm.

Khora is the worst frame to farm. I know cause i farmed both , twice.

il y a 3 minutes, 0_The_F00l a dit :

Khora is the worst frame to farm. I know cause i farmed both , twice.

I actually had a pretty good time farming Khora, because SO is pretty fun. And again, having all parts scattered throughout all the rotations helps a lot. 

il y a 2 minutes, DrivaMain a dit :

At this point OP, just farm plat and buy him. You're wasting your time at this point. It seems luck is not on your side on this farm.

That's depressing. Also, I'm only missing one part. And even tho it just doesn't want to drop, I'd feel awful buying Nidus with plat knowing that all I need is for the mission to drop the part I need once. I think that if I don't get it by Friday, I'll just forget Nidus exists forever :)

That's just how rng driven loot systems work. So long as there isn't any token system or it actually uses pseudorandom rates ending up this far off the curve is an eventual inevitability for some players. But replacement systems aren't but so much better as they can still cause problems for players.

It's also something that has never had real push to getting changed because across the entire playerbase these situations are incredibly rare.

24 minutes ago, Ner1n said:

That's depressing. Also, I'm only missing one part. And even tho it just doesn't want to drop, I'd feel awful buying Nidus with plat knowing that all I need is for the mission to drop the part I need once. I think that if I don't get it by Friday, I'll just forget Nidus exists forever :)

I am currently farming a second copy for Helminth. Guess which part I got first try then 4 mods in a row? Yes, the systems. 

1 hour ago, Ner1n said:

Half rant, half actual complaint, but I quit the game for this very reason 2 years ago. Spammed the mission for hours on end, only to get Neuros and Chassis and 50 endo over and over again. Now that I'm back to playing, I remembered I really liked Nidus' kit and thought I'd give it another go. 

Since then I've been running Oestrus for 4 hours a day for an entire week, and at this point I just want to quit the game again. Is this to be expected? How long did it take you guys?

And why hasn't this been reworked? It's the most brain dead and boring possible way to get Warframe parts. Add that to having to farm the resources, and then waiting some more to finally craft the darn thing. At least the ones you get from bounties give you something cool like lenses or 500 endo, instead of 50, and running bosses over and over again can get you a couple cells. 

My fix? Keep the dumb mission, but make it like Khora, as in rot. A gives you X part, B gives you Y part and C gives you Z part. This way at least you are not forced to go to 4 rounds every single time.

You chose to farm it and play the RNG game. In that amount of time you could have made enough plat to buy several warframes /shrug

1 hour ago, Hardwood said:

I went to farm a second Nidus and immediately remembered how awful that grind was and gave up.

The mission is so long and boring, it might be the worst frame in the game to farm.

Harrow says hi. At least you get groups running whatever that particular JV reject mission type is. Defection is a complete ghost town whenever I've tried it.

2 hours ago, Ner1n said:

Since then I've been running Oestrus for 4 hours a day for an entire week, 

you poor sod. seriously, not being sarcastic, that game mode sucks, and I bought Nidus in the end. he's a great frame, arguably one of the best, but he wasn't worth 50+ runs of Oestrus. I'm not looking forward to Steel Path Oestrus, I don't even remember how that mode works it's been so long.. RNGsus is truly a cruel deity sometimes...

I was a little sad DE didn't have community stream drops for Nidus back when they were giving us some Helminth fodder. They did Khora and Harrow (which was amazing) and I was expecting Nidus would be next but when it became clear he wasn't it took me a pretty solid day to farm the single part I needed to complete a fodder Nidus. This was my third concerted effort at farming the frame (first was for my regular copy, second effort was to help a friend but we never got the part) and yeah it's rough. All I can recommend is to do it solo (the mode is setup so rounds complete more quickly solo) and Pilfering Khora (for more drops so you can keep all the machines running at full efficiency for shorter runs). Good luck!

42 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

Harrow says hi. At least you get groups running whatever that particular JV reject mission type is. Defection is a complete ghost town whenever I've tried it.

Anyone who hasnt gotten harrow by now never will without spending plat.

Would it take less time to earn plat and buy him? I know it's not ideal, but you should weigh alternatives, I'm not sure if it's worth repeating for Helminth myself, Nidus Prime should be out in a year, and I don't even use Protea, the loadout limit is still preventing me from accessing all my equipment. 

Archived