Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've spent 20+ hours farming Nidus, never got a single Systems. How is this okay?

Ner1n

On 2020-09-03 at 11:24 AM, Ner1n said:

That's depressing. Also, I'm only missing one part. And even tho it just doesn't want to drop, I'd feel awful buying Nidus with plat knowing that all I need is for the mission to drop the part I need once. I think that if I don't get it by Friday, I'll just forget Nidus exists forever :)

I know ;-; It's called the sunk-cost fallacy and god DE really needs to fix this so badly
I feel so sorry for you, my first nidus farm was a sickening continuous 6 hour grind on launch day, and it made me  hate the gamemode and not touch it ....until ofc i had to farm a second Nidus, and i DID with a friend. this time i was lucky and got it in prolly 2 hours worth of farm. super lucky.

BUT I've been grinding away at trinity's Ambulas fight EVERY SINGLE DAY AND THE DARN SYSTEMS WILL NOT DROP and it's a booooooooooooring af bossfight, just sitting around wasting time at stupid mechanics and I really hate it. And just like you, all for that ONE. SINGLE. PART. 

Like others have said here, at some point, it's probably better to farm the plat for it.

And don't even get me started on Harrow systems farm. Nobody is complaining because it was given away on a stream, but my stream froze and i regret not fixing it.. i didnt get the part. I thought DE fixed the farm by adding it to rotation B as well as its original rotation C, but that 2% chance on B is an absolute scam. Defection. Another PTSD-inducing gamemode like infested salvage.
I seriously hope DE implements some non-RNG token system for frame farms ;_;

DE Please. I beg you. This is soul-sapping, life-draining, and game-hate-inducing. Please.

On 2020-09-04 at 12:02 AM, Ner1n said:

My dudes, I just wanna say. After trying for 4 more hours again today, and failing, I went to farm my Entrati standing for the day. As I get back to the Necralisk from a bounty, a message arrives in my inbox. A message from a person I've never met before, called Szuna, with a gift attached to it. The gift was Nidus.

I am speechless, this community is definetely one of the strongest things this game has going for it. Szuna, if you are reading this, I sent you a friend request with a message thanking you, and I'll thank you again right now. Thank you so so much :D

This is beautiful. Good job @Szunatoo. I mean sadly, to DE, it encourages them because that's one more successful plat purchase telling them their model of fear-of-grind works, but chuck that, i hope DE still hears our words. and regardless of that, good job tenno, you did a kind thing and helped someone's weary heart, I understand the feeling, and appreciate you for doing that.

On 2020-09-03 at 1:25 AM, Ner1n said:

Half rant, half actual complaint, but I quit the game for this very reason 2 years ago. Spammed the mission for hours on end, only to get Neuros and Chassis and 50 endo over and over again. Now that I'm back to playing, I remembered I really liked Nidus' kit and thought I'd give it another go. 

Since then I've been running Oestrus for 4 hours a day for an entire week, and at this point I just want to quit the game again. Is this to be expected? How long did it take you guys?

And why hasn't this been reworked? It's the most brain dead and boring possible way to get Warframe parts. Add that to having to farm the resources, and then waiting some more to finally craft the darn thing. At least the ones you get from bounties give you something cool like lenses or 500 endo, instead of 50, and running bosses over and over again can get you a couple cells. 

My fix? Keep the dumb mission, but make it like Khora, as in rot. A gives you X part, B gives you Y part and C gives you Z part. This way at least you are not forced to go to 4 rounds every single time.

IIRC, I remember getting 13 and 6 of the other parts before systems dropped.

I even screenshotted it to show clan-mates when they gave me the “got him in 5 runs!” retort.

I feel your frustration.  But it actually DOES drop.

5 hours ago, DragoonStorm1 said:

This is beautiful. Good job @Szunatoo. I mean sadly, to DE, it encourages them because that's one more successful plat purchase telling them their model of fear-of-grind works, but chuck that, i hope DE still hears our words. and regardless of that, good job tenno, you did a kind thing and helped someone's weary heart, I understand the feeling, and appreciate you for doing that.

That one is true but the generosity seeks no benefits. I just do because I like to help.

Oh I still remember the Nidus farm. It's one of the worst farms I ever did. For days I did nothing else.

I almost gave up on it. I would like to say that this is understandable since Nidus is a really good frame but the kind of bullS#&$ you have to go through to get him is really not justified.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-09-03 at 3:58 AM, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Sounds like some horrible RNG OP, we feel you, most of us have experienced that with at least 1 frame. For me it was doing Cetus bounty 5, x54 times for Revenant neuroptics :(

This is the current struggle I'm experiencing. I'm awarded wisp and eidelon breathe. I'm 35 bounties in and still can't get the helmet to drop.  Super frustrated!!!

DE wants you to buy it. The entire point of the terrible Helminth system was to encourage as many players as possible to remember the horrible grind and simply pay money for content DE has already put the effort into and lessen the future work they need to do (swap broken abilities with Helminth instead of getting a rework).

On 2020-09-16 at 6:58 PM, (XB1)Redgurl2125 said:

This is the current struggle I'm experiencing. I'm awarded wisp and eidelon breathe. I'm 35 bounties in and still can't get the helmet to drop.  Super frustrated!!!

Try jumping in a group. I did the runs solo, invited a friend and got it first run, go figure.

On 2020-09-04 at 3:47 AM, (XB1)SwiftBMF said:

I did 40 waves 3 times the other night & didnt get a single part nevermind the systems.

We might be getting the same account "error". According to Wiki Nidus part blueprints should not be too difficult to get. Try teaming up with other and see if they get one when yours get switched.

Recommend use drop cahnce booster  in (C) Rotation

Squad (2-4) Players  For Nidus recommend to 8 wave 

Solo Nidus (1) Player- to 4 wave good luck (very rare ) :D

For Harrow recommend 26 wave  - i think around 40 min .I play for  x2run x40 min in 2 run get   (C) Rotation 3 

Archived