Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've spent 20+ hours farming Nidus, never got a single Systems. How is this okay?

Ner1n

38 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

1 C rotation - yeah. 4 C rotations, on the other hand, is a different story entirely.

That said, I do not miss getting fusion cores or o-cells instead of rewards.

4 C rotations, thats 80 minutes, 12 Rounds, 80 Waves.

Sure, when it comes to efficiency, using 1 key and milking the hell out of it was efficient.

... yeah, memory of the sickness of playing that long is coming back. Let me get up and walk a bit...

2 hours ago, BDT_Flames said:

Recommend use drop cahnce booster  in (C) Rotation

Squad (2-4) Players  For Nidus recommend to 8 wave 

Solo Nidus (1) Player- to 4 wave good luck (very rare ) :D

For Harrow recommend 26 wave  - i think around 40 min .I play for  x2run x40 min in 2 run get   (C) Rotation 3 

I farmed nidus solo both times (for him, then for helminth).  I stayed to wave 8, sometimes 12, every time. Its not hard not sure why you would recommend only going to wave 4 or implying its any different in luck vs a full squad.  Inaros + melee weapon + too much free time and collect loot.

Unrelated to your post, the single biggest issue I've seen with rando's and Infested Salvage is they don't actually stay to rotation C but think rotation B is C (as if it went ABC instead of AABC).  then they could farm forever and never get it.🤣

With enough people doing the content, uncaped randomness will result is someone getting a really bad and unfair result with a high chance that they will post on the forums.

Uncapped, weighted random drops are not the only way to do rewards, DE could cap the drops transparently so that if you have done "enough" then you just get the drop, if you get the drop before that the counter resets.

And if DE don't want to store all those those counters, make it a gear item that retains one counter for one thing, Call it an "Item Trace Interogator" or something. Counter ticks up an amount depending on the drop chance of the thing it's set for when you get a chance for it but don't get it, dissolves when you get the drop or when it hits full and you get given the thing. Set the counter to 90% chance you should have it by now.

Nobody ever get's hit by the long tail ever again.

2 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

With enough people doing the content, uncaped randomness will result is someone getting a really bad and unfair result with a high chance that they will post on the forums.

Uncapped, weighted random drops are not the only way to do rewards, DE could cap the drops transparently so that if you have done "enough" then you just get the drop, if you get the drop before that the counter resets.

And if DE don't want to store all those those counters, make it a gear item that retains one counter for one thing, Call it an "Item Trace Interogator" or something. Counter ticks up an amount depending on the drop chance of the thing it's set for when you get a chance for it but don't get it, dissolves when you get the drop or when it hits full and you get given the thing. Set the counter to 90% chance you should have it by now.

Nobody ever get's hit by the long tail ever again.

Or do planetary standing or tokens.. chance for token from any planets mission and a guarentee for a token for boss killing.

Or something other than straight or less straight RNG.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Or do planetary standing or tokens.. chance for token from any planets mission and a guarentee for a token for boss killing.

Or something other than straight or less straight RNG.

The problem with tokens is that you either have one type of token per drop (Which is pretty much a counter) or you allow players to stock up on tokens and skip the intented content (AKA a resource)

DE like to spread the various parts across content, which is why they are resistant to tokens that allow players to focus on grinding only the (perceived) most rewarding source. Hence whiy I picked counters as they don't interfere with DE's design intent.

You can see this in the most recent token system where if you want to optimise the returns you need a (randomised) spread of token types

Archived