Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR system is a pain

Earthruneprime

Howdie Peeps 

I was a ps4 player and recently moved to pc. I played about 1000 hours of warframe on ps4 before moving to what is an amazing experience on PC. Cool now that the pleasantries are done I would like to see what the community feels about the MR system? 

My personal feeling is meh, its really drawn out and takes away a lot from the experience. I dont even think MR means much anymore anyway, what do you all think would be a better system or upgraded system for this?

I wish they give more meaning to MR by having some higher Mastery locks on some things and giving some better rewards as you rank up (like Milestones at 20 or 25 or something). The system is pretty good as it encourages you to try and acquire more stuff.

Not an issue at all, in fact the mr system encourages trying new things, and in many cases that is often how people find out which weapons/frames they enjoy.

I do not think we need more incentive, there is an increase in QoL as your MR increases, login rewards is a better system, Mr we hit once and done.

It is mostly a guage of how much of the games gear you have tried out, i do not really see it as anything else

Welcome to the forums tenno ^.^

well it is well known that MR does not mean anything in terms of how skilled or good you are. It just mean that you tryed more stuff ^.^ 

Is it bad ? Not really but it is not a clear indicator of how well experienced or efficient some tenno may be.

Basically if someones base their entire opinion of a tenno on MR they are at high risk of being wrong.

Feels like its slowly being phased out. Which kinda makes sense with everyones reaching MR30. Not that they can't just easily make MR31 a thing but the lack of incentives and reason to go past MR16 seems to suggest they're going to stop at 30 and introduce a different indicator for players to have a sense of progress. Or just remove it altogether. 

Absolutely false. MR increase means:

• Access to certain junctions in star map
  • Access to relays
  • Access to more weapons
  • Access to larger void traces storage
  • Access to more daily standing
  • Access to larger initial mod capacity
  • Access to larger number of daily trades
  • Access to Steel path
  • Access to Rivens
  • There is more...

It's very farm from pointless if you plan actually playing the game.

1 hour ago, Makunogo said:

Not an issue at all, in fact the mr system encourages trying new things, and in many cases that is often how people find out which weapons/frames they enjoy.

I would probably still be Rhino, Hek, Lex, Galatine/Paracesis if not for the MR system.

I also play Warframe on PS4 and Switch and have started from scratch each time. (I'd also play on XBONE, but that's pay to play, so no.)

Just now, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

Beyond MR 16, it's just a number. No goals or milestones other than a new symbol next to your name. Helminth could have been a good one to put up there. Even though I am only MR 18, that would have pushed me towards trying to level more frames and weapons if they had locked it to MR 20+. 

in warframe there is a very loud minority when it comes to locking content behind things, 

apparently for some everything needs to be accessible by a new player relatively quickly or its bad game design *eyeroll*

When I freshly build a new gun or frame and have up 52 modding points at rank zero. Good enough for me. Could there be more hooks, sure. Does it need more hooks, likely. Will DE risk making something not new player friendly right out of the gate and lock something with greater value past MR15? Questionable.

Is it useless, naw. Not completely. But like every aspect orbiting the game, it could be refined.

1 minute ago, Makunogo said:

in warframe there is a very loud minority when it comes to locking content behind things, 

apparently for some everything needs to be accessible by a new player relatively quickly or its bad game design *eyeroll*

I'm comfortably lazy, 6 years playing and only MR 18, because I found what I liked and didn't go beyond that.  Had something beyond MR 16 been locked until I acquired said MR rank, sure I would have worked towards it. I haven't been concerned about being the highest MR rank or even any higher than I am currently. It's just a number to me right now until they add something for beyond MR 16. 

MR is just identifying progress in what you have access to and how many things you have leveled in your time playing. Some people are completionists. I am definitely not wired that way. To each their own though. 

If DE wanted to really extend their content and keep players around longer potentially. They could add/lock content in higher MR's. But they won't. Hope I am wrong for future content.   

Why keep people around playing longer than they want to right? 

Only thing I think should be changed is explaining it in-game to newer players, forma doesn't increase mr, what weapons will be used as components for other weapons later on etc.

I kinda like that the incentives stop being major things after mr 16  because mr is tedious to grind once you start getting into the 20+ range.

I think it is an antiquated system that needs a revision.

It is fine in basic concept and i don't mind that it promotes the 'MR fodder' style of progression but it doesn't fit the game as well as it did five years ago. I think they should keep the basic shape of it but revamp, rebalance and reincentivize it now that they've reached the logical MR 30 end of it.

Even leveling systems in other games are basically the same thing.  The only real differences are that in other level systems it is typical to directly gain power with each level, and you're not put in a position of vulnerability by needing to remove equipment you're comfortable with.  

I think that trying to revamp the mastery rank system would be overall detrimental considering the nature of the game's mechanics and either lead to a rate of progression that is too easy or possibly perceived as being more grindy.  And everyone loves the appearance of grind.  At least with the current system it's not a complete snooze fest and you can easily quantify how long it will take you to reach your rank test.

The MR Systam was always flawed.

In my time of active play, you could level frames in 5 minutes to max.

Then DE changed the game, for a long time it was very time consuming to lvl up...then they add SO and ESO.

Since that, MR only means you can queue for ESO/SO and let other carry you.

1 hour ago, Hayrack said:

Absolutely false. MR increase means:

• Access to certain junctions in star map
  • Access to relays
  • Access to more weapons
  • Access to larger void traces storage
  • Access to more daily standing
  • Access to larger initial mod capacity
  • Access to larger number of daily trades
  • Access to Steel path
  • Access to Rivens
  • There is more...

It's very farm from pointless if you plan actually playing the game.

it is essentially pointless after 17 or 18 though.

25 minutes ago, Vyra said:

The MR Systam was always flawed.

In my time of active play, you could level frames in 5 minutes to max.

Then DE changed the game, for a long time it was very time consuming to lvl up...then they add SO and ESO.

Since that, MR only means you can queue for ESO/SO and let other carry you.

I thought Hydron was the current powerlevel hotspot

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

I wish they give more meaning to MR by having some higher Mastery locks on some things and giving some better rewards as you rank up (like Milestones at 20 or 25 or something). The system is pretty good as it encourages you to try and acquire more stuff.

They tried with HoD, but there was a wailing and gnashing of teeth in the outer darkness. 🤷‍♂️

11 hours ago, Kconvey said:

it is essentially pointless after 17 or 18 though.

Maybe. But as relatively new player I don't want onther new players to hinder their progress speed, because many answers to the question "is MR important" are quite dismissive and give false impression that leveling up is not important. I think pushing away limiting caps of your own progress is always important.

15 hours ago, Earthruneprime said:

I would like to see what the community feels about the MR system?

I personally find it pointless and somehow bungled my way to MR19 on Switch by accident.

Anyone seeking validation for MR should instead be campaigning for the concept of "MR fodder" to stop existing, because the concept and reality of "MR fodder" is the real thing cheapening MR, not DE or anything else.

17 часов назад, Earthruneprime сказал:

I would like to see what the community feels about the MR system? 

I feel it's a good source of income for DE because right now at MR25 if I wanted more ranks I'd face the need to purchase prime weapons for 60-300 platinum per set - at least those not available from relics.

Archived