Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Are Pistol And Arrow Mutation?

EganMC

Question

I'm aware that supposedly, they've all been released to survival.

DE even apparently stated that they were both on T2.

However, the mutation mods have been out for a while now, and not one single person has reported receiving them from a survival mission.

Where are they?

8 answers to this question

Are you referring to just pistol and arrow mutation mods or all of them? If it's all of them I got a rifle one doing an infested survival on Jupiter at 25 min (it was also nightmare mode). If it's just the two I apologize that I haven't seen them and that my post did not relate to them.

Just pistol and arrow, hence why I said those.

Rifle, shotgun, and sniper mutations can be found from T1, T2, and T3 respectively.

Supposedly, arrow and pistol are supposed to appear in T2.

But they don't.

I'm not talking about just my own experiences here, by the way.

Supposedly, nobody has reported ever seeing one of these mods in T2, where they are supposed to be.

And with the encrypted drop table it's even harder.

Speaking of which, the Codex seems like something only for mobs, from what I understood. I hope there will be a section for mission drops (void, survival, etc).

Edited by Casardis

And with the encrypted drop table it's even harder.

Speaking of which, the Codex seems like something only for mobs, from what I understood. I hope there will be a section for mission drops (void, survival, etc).

They did say you could scan the objective for more details. Hopefully, we can scan a life supply module or something like that for that kind of information. I think they referenced the cryopod in the stream, I'm not quite sure at the moment.

Hey EganMC, that was me that sent in the support ticket to DE and got that response, so keep me informed on what's happening with these mods. I still haven't come across either and it is seriously rustling my jimmies. Here is some further information if you haven't been reading the comments on the Pistol Mutation Wiki page. These are both the replies I got from them. I asked them for as much detail as possible and this is all they gave me:

Reply 1:

"These items are still available in T2 survival! All drops are set to be random within their rarity tier. This is, unfortunately, the nature of random drops. For easier drops, we recommend you keep an eye on events/alerts to see when/if these pieces become available."

Reply 2:

"These mods are not bugged and do drop. however they are 20+ min rewards and only 1 drops per level tier.

Example: Shotgun Ammo Mutation drops in the level 5-25 tier after reaching 20+ mins (so do many other mods so it is an extremely rare card)" 

I have been going around to as many Survivals as I can, seeing which drops what Mutation and although my list isn't complete yet, I am seriously doubting everything they have told me. From what everyone knows and has observed, there are 3 different tiers of enemies and each has its own drop table. What bothers me, is that they said each mutation is exclusive to a tier, however their are 5 Mutation mods... What gives?

I don't know whether to chase them up some more with another support ticket, or to complete my list first and then contact them. I have heard from someone that they got it in a T3 Survival in the Void, but word of mouth on this is really just unreliable at this rate.
Edited by PokieFishMan