Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos family businesses confuse me

Ryuurik

I completed the Heart of Deimos, and unlocked "The family businesses" there. I'm pointing to different family members and their tasks. I couldn't be more confused when i see a weird coin like things and i don't have any idea what they are used for. The same thing happened at Fortuna. Debt bond this and debt bond that.. Im tired of it. Back then i had will to learn it all from outside source, but not anymore.

Why does this have to happen again and again? I feel so frustrated  and angry

Turn in the family Tokens (Mother only honestly) to Grandmother for Standing with the Entrati. You can exchange them for Grandmother Tokens, but that will happen later when you stockpile more Tokens.

The Mother Tokens are nice since it's similar to Syndicate Medallions: you earn Standing from these Tokens rather than no Standing from the Plains and Vallis Bounties when you hit your Standing cap. They should be your main source of Standing with the Entrati.

11 minutes ago, Ryuurik said:

I completed the Heart of Deimos, and unlocked "The family businesses" there. I'm pointing to different family members and their tasks. I couldn't be more confused when i see a weird coin like things and i don't have any idea what they are used for. The same thing happened at Fortuna. Debt bond this and debt bond that.. Im tired of it. Back then i had will to learn it all from outside source, but not anymore.

Welcome to insanity my friend this is 1 the many step your stepping in.  Come now and sit at the edge where insanity can't grab us by the foot.  For thankfully you for saw the same nuthsell casing happening all over again.

It can be a bit confusing though. For Grandmother takes the tokens, and also exchanges various of family tokens for hers, which you then GIVE BACK to her, in exchange for a bunch of cosmetic stuff. But she also is the one you get standing from by turning in other family member tokens to her. 

But Mother both does the bounties, and also takes the actual rank up sacrifices and ranks you up. Usually you wouldn't split the task of turning in standing and ranking up between two NPC's. 

Apart from that though, the NPC's are basically like if instead of having Ticker, each Fortuna NPC had a Ticker style section, that part is relatively straightforward once you get past the initial throw off. 

4 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

It can be a bit confusing though. For Grandmother takes the tokens, and also exchanges various of family tokens for hers, which you then GIVE BACK to her, in exchange for a bunch of cosmetic stuff. But she also is the one you get standing from by turning in other family member tokens to her. 

But Mother both does the bounties, and also takes the actual rank up sacrifices and ranks you up. Usually you wouldn't split the task of turning in standing and ranking up between two NPC's. 

Apart from that though, the NPC's are basically like if instead of having Ticker, each Fortuna NPC had a Ticker style section, that part is relatively straightforward once you get past the initial throw off. 

yes some ppl know but really this guy is having traumatizing moment he is having with the fortuna's RP earning so take it slow for him.

9 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

What's really confusing is this post. Are you saying that, already being familiar with the debt-bonds, you couldn't figure out that the tokens were essentially the same thing?

The confusion is because the tokens look all goddamn same, and i don't AGAN have any idea what of them i need and for what.

7 minutes ago, Ryuurik said:

The confusion is because the tokens look all goddamn same, and i don't AGAN have any idea what of them i need and for what.

Save em' up. Trade them into Grandmother for her tokens, then trade her tokens in for Entrati standing. Or use them to buy things from her. Not that difficult.

2 minutes ago, Ryuurik said:

Warframe is famous for making you read the unofficial wiki to get things, so I understand. 

Grandmother takes the tokens of any family member in exchange for standing. She also has "Ticker" deals where you trade different family member tokens for hers. You can then trade her tokens back to her to buy stuff from her store. It is mostly cosmetic, but you will need to buy a Seriglass Shard from her for the final Entrati Syndicate rankup. 

Mother does the bounties, and takes the syndicate sacrifices for your rank up, and shows you what you need to rank up. You will get a ton of tokens fast doing her bounties, like a boatload especially if you do the longer, higher level ones. This translates to lots of standing.

Otak is the mining guy, and you get his Ticker deals by giving him ores and gems. His tokens can be exchanges for standing, or as part of the random deals to get Grandmother tokens sometimes, depending on rng. 

Father is the weapon guy and will have future infested kitguns, you get his tokens by giving him planetary resources. His tokens like the others can be exchanged for standing or as part of grandmother token deals. You will need a decent number of his tokens to rank up in the syndicate. 

Son is the conservation guy and also has the Helminth segment at rank 3. You will need a few of his tokens to rank up in the syndicate. You will also need to "conserve" 5 common avichea and 1 medjay predasite, animals in the new open world. If you want to skip conservation with plat, like all the others, he has a daily deals section and sometimes those animal tags will show up there. 

Sister is for fishing and is pretty bare right now, mostly just trophy blueprints. You get her tokens by giving her fish parts for her daily Ticker deals. You will need a lil bit of daughter tokens to rank up in the syndicate. Like the others you can trade her tokens for rep or for grandmother token deals as well if you just really like farming standing by fishing. 

As for what you need next, just go to mother, click on rank up, and focus on whatever your current syndicate sacrifices are. Do mother bounties and you will have your standing max capped for the day in no time, and just build up the tokens and whatever other requirements needed. If you see a weapon BP or a mutagen or something else that needs to be sacrificed, it is buyable for standing from the appropriate vendor. It's a bit confusing at first, but you'll get the hang of it quick. 

25 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

Turn in the family Tokens (Mother only honestly) to Grandmother for Standing with the Entrati. You can exchange them for Grandmother Tokens, but that will happen later when you stockpile more Tokens.

This. ONLY turn in the Mother tokens for the actual rep to Grandmother, since those are readily available through the bounties. Everything else is SOLELY for the level ups and buying components. You need 20x Grandmother tokens for each Shard, so yeah, it's rather grinding.

The Daughter tokens are fairly simple to get, since fishing is easy and prevalent across the map. Mining is.... yeah. Son tokens are by far the most frustrating, imo, since the capture system is still rather bugged (pun intended) and also still very RNG to get the specific tags needed to trade.

Personally, I focused up to level 3 to buy and unlock the Helminth segment. I'm slowly building weapons/pets, and working towards rank 4 to unlock the actual Necramech stuff. Don't make yourself crazy trying to do it all in a single day.

29 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Warframe is famous for making you read the unofficial wiki to get things, so I understand. 

Sure, I use wiki a lot but this?! Most of NPCs are "take this get this token". They have some kind of shop etc.

22 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

This. ONLY turn in the Mother tokens for the actual rep to Grandmother, since those are readily available through the bounties. Everything else is SOLELY for the level ups and buying components. You need 20x Grandmother tokens for each Shard, so yeah, it's rather grinding.

I can see how other tokens can be used for level up... but not for low levels. You can trade tokens for Grandmother token. It cost 1/3 more standing. However Only with Mother you get enough standing. Other things you may need... so I just trade Mother's tokens.

If you went to every one of them and looked at their services you should have understood what it all means by the time you got to the Grandmother.

It's literally the debt bond system but with five Tickers that accept different resources each and you can convert their coins into Grandmother ones. Which again if you looked at all their services you should have seen what the purpose of Grandmother tokens is. If you need that spelled out it's the Seriglass Shards she sells for 20 tokens as they're required for multiple weapon blueprints and as you'll find out later it's also a rank up sacrifice.

1 hour ago, HoustonDragon said:

The Daughter tokens are fairly simple to get, since fishing is easy and prevalent across the map. Mining is.... yeah. Son tokens are by far the most frustrating, imo, since the capture system is still rather bugged (pun intended) and also still very RNG to get the specific tags needed to trade.

Mother should give players hints on using the Requiem Pylons effectively to help with the Otak and Daughter Tokens. It would help if the Pylons with Netra and Lohk also got fixed. The Pylons and in part the Isolation Vaults help diversify resource acquisitions.

hace 3 horas, Ryuurik dijo:

As long as you refuse to use your brain this type of things are going to happen again and again (literally just chekcing all the npcs of the hub you will know for what is each token .... less than 2 minutes can take you ) ....

4 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah, Grangran can keep her decorations until after I'm done ranking up. Her tokens are worth 1.5x the trade in value of the ones used to buy them. One cup of "a little less grind for me please, Granny."

21 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Mother should give players hints on using the Requiem Pylons effectively to help with the Otak and Daughter Tokens. It would help if the Pylons with Netra and Lohk also got fixed. The Pylons and in part the Isolation Vaults help diversify resource acquisitions.

I've noticed that the best way to gain Son tokens lately seems to be making the pets, and turning them in for 10x at a time. You get 15x for a gilded pet, so it's at least a positive refund versus the 10x cost.

It's still a seriously grindy system.

19 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yeah, Grangran can keep her decorations until after I'm done ranking up. Her tokens are worth 1.5x the trade in value of the ones used to buy them. One cup of "a little less grind for me please, Granny."

You  should save you Grandmother token for seriglass shard as you'll need 1 to reach max  rank with the Entrati.

You also need 3 more, 1 for Trumna, 1 for Sepulcrum and 1 for Quassus

It's a bit confusing and a lot annoying. But then again, it's supposed to be in order to get people to open their wallets.

While I have a pretty decent ability to cope with it, I openly admit I'd spend 1000 plat to blow Son's head clean off his shoulders and never have to listen to the mewling little twit ever again. 1000 if I could dust his *@##$ Mother at the same time.

35 minutes ago, 3rdpig said:

It's a bit confusing and a lot annoying. But then again, it's supposed to be in order to get people to open their wallets.

Ah yes, the "they're trying to encourage you to pay" on a system that originally had no pay to bypass when it was released, and that they've drastically reduced the grind to rank up. 

Did you really come up with that all by yourself, or did you have help coming to such a ridiculous conclusion? 

1 hour ago, smashedwookie said:

You  should save you Grandmother token for seriglass shard as you'll need 1 to reach max  rank with the Entrati.

You also need 3 more, 1 for Trumna, 1 for Sepulcrum and 1 for Quassus

LOL, no mate. Her tokens are easy to come by. Mother bounties result in being able to earn everything but Son Tokens. Grangran trades them in for Grangran tokens. Grangran tokens are worth 1.5x the standing of what we traded in. 

A couple of seconds talking to Grangran = 50% profit.  I'll take that sort of deal all day long. 

On 2020-09-04 at 10:28 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

LOL, no mate. Her tokens are easy to come by. Mother bounties result in being able to earn everything but Son Tokens. Grangran trades them in for Grangran tokens. Grangran tokens are worth 1.5x the standing of what we traded in. 

It's ~1 per day and you need 20 for 5th Entrati rank, as fair I can see. So if you don't want to build 3 weapons that requires Seriglass then it's ok to sell Grandma tokens.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

It's ~1 per day and you need 20 for 5th Entrati rank, as fair I can see. So if you don't want to build 3 weapons that requires Seriglass then it's ok to sell Grandma tokens.

😄

Typically see them handed out in ones and twos, but occasionally more, for the combination of the members of the family without Son's tokens whenever I visit her. Mother bounties result in piles of tokens for everyone but Son. 

Since we don't need many of them for anything else (maybe some of the Dad tokens get used elsewhere), all of the excess gets turned in to Grangran first, and the remainder can be spent at will.

If you are only collecting one a day, something is drastically wrong. 

Edit: just got a chance to check, Grangran has 6 tokens available right now excluding the ones that are asking for Son. 

Father 1; Otak 1; Daughter-Otak 2; Daughter - Mother 2

In 23-ish mins there'll be others. So I feel confident that I can collect quite a bit more than one per day. 😉

Archived