Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix 29.0.7

[DE]Megan

You might need to have a closer look at the Quassus BP drop chance in the bounty rewards, for a rare drop it's pretty consistant, i already have 6 of them out of 10 bounty even had it twice in the same bounty and 0 xaku chassis which is supposed to be uncommon ( not talking of those who are bugged with latrox une despawning when you enter the area ) an don't get me started on those stupid amber ayatan stars ... i probably already might have hoarded 50 of them as loot or "reward" ( which is more an insult than a reward tbh ) since the launch of this update.

It's been 12 days and you still can't fix the necramech. Host migration and u lose exp, frame die and u lose exp, and now because of your new hotfix, for three days we can't finish bounty because the mission from "Collect samples" is bugged and does not start. Are you doing something there ???

1 hour ago, muziqaz said:

Oh yeah, this is still a thing in railjack

Spoiler

BBD31C90EC0F54162C035D7675D024AB4C0F9BF3

Nice description.

Going to guess you mean you're doing MKIII farming and getting MKI gear in the rewards, yep it happens now and then, DE might fix it one day when they get back to Railjack, I get it as well, very annoying.

I wish we had a better alternative arch gun to build from necraloid that isn't significantly worse in every way over our starting archgun we get with the necramech it's got way less cc CD base damage on all fire modes but has higher status on the primary yet 1/3rd the magazine and not even the unlimited range the mausolon has

2 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Nice description.

Going to guess you mean you're doing MKIII farming and getting MKI gear in the rewards, yep it happens now and then, DE might fix it one day when they get back to Railjack, I get it as well, very annoying.

He means the Arch gun on rhinos crotch.

5 minutes ago, XxElite2015xX said:

He means the Arch gun on rhinos crotch.

Oh I see it now, player is holding a Hek, then I looked closer and see the name as well Vakor Hek. *insert facepalm* 

Haha ok, thought it was that bug with rewards in Railjack. :P 

Going on week 16 of Garuda's Talons not working with Weeping Wounds or Blood Rush. I'll say this again, they're the only mods that make them viable for high level content. If this is an intended "fix", please let us know so we can stop begging and move onto other melee options. Thanks!

Shout out to the good people in this mission who carried me through it. I would have gotten literally nothing if it were not for them.

In these pictures I am bugged beyond all reason. I could not get out of operator and when I was downed I could be revived as an operator instead of being transitioned to my warframe. My warframe was on the map but had been thrown 1,000m away. My necramech was destroyed and that was my last form of transportation. I went 5 minutes without being able to type in chat and explain to my squad mates that i couldn't help them. I could not even enter the map. Esc. button was bugged, gear wheel was not showing up. I lost 3 necramech parts, necramech mods i needed, and so many other resources too. What is even worse is that I lost 11 Lvs. on my Necramech, 21 on the exhaulted weapon on the necramech. and 18 on the arch gun. I have been steadily getting about 30,000 or less affinity for my necramech because I lose so much affinity from trying to extract from a mission. I have lost countless rewards and mods that I really needed. You can see even in my second screen shot, I don't have levels for anything besides a k drive I used for 10 seconds because my archwing would not deploy. My mods from the necramechs, the parts from the necramechs, all of it down the drain. I want to give people these parts. I want people to have fun with necramechs. I cannot help people get necramechs, I cannot get mods from myself, I cannot level anything, I cannot use operator in missions without getting stuck in the ceiling or the floor. I get teleported away from objectives and out of the maps. 
I am done. 

If one of the people from the mission sees this. Thank you so much for your patience and help. 
Until I know I will get the rewards I farmed for, and wont lose progress on my stuff, I cannot play the game. Two hours of farming and all i get is 60 something mother tokens, orokin matrixes that are useless and wasted standing with Loid, one gem that I am just going to give away to someone who needs it, 150 endo. No standing gain on anything. That is the nail in the coffin for me. I'll come back in three hotfixes or something like that. I'm sick of this.

unknown.png?width=1204&height=677

unknown.png?width=1204&height=677

35 minutes ago, Invoky said:

My post was direct at the duplicate key. It's clearly a cheating and I can't see any justification over it.

Also I have played this game for 6 years, I never experience any progression stop. Yes, my necramech exp has been reset few times, but that's not game breaking/progression stop. There are also workaround.

Played for over 6 years as well. I've experienced numerous progression stops and bugs that forced restarts. I remember being in a Derelict Defense and my Hydroid just stopped. Walked in place, couldn't attack or shoot, couldn't use powers, only fix was death, and back then revives were 24 hour waits or cost platinum to buy more and the /unstuck command didn't exist. Don't know about you, but being down to no revives and getting stuck like that would be a pretty big progression stopper. Of course there are numerous out of bounds glitches that enemies experience. Only way we could progress in an Exterminate was to have a Nova and use have her use Worm Hole to also glitch out of the map to kill that last enemy. Again, seems like a forced restart, doesn't it? Then there's host migration bugs, which is another can of worms that needs fixing.

I'm not saying a dupe glitch shouldn't be fixed. It's clearly not intended. But we got Avichaeas that spawn stuck in walls right now, which is a huge progression stop since it's kinda hard to get Common Avichaea Tags to rank up with the Entrati. How about we get that fixed first so people can start progressing in the family WITHOUT having to spend platinum on some overpriced tags, before we worry about a dupe glitch which only real problem right now is allowing faster farming of Necramech mods? Necraloids only go to R3, so it only takes 3 days or so for an MR 25 to max out. Duping keys doesn't hurt the player experience, not being able to get Avichaeas to spawn or having them spawn in walls and floor does. Get those things fixed first, then worry about dupes and such.

1 hour ago, Hawk197 said:

Played for over 6 years as well. I've experienced numerous progression stops and bugs that forced restarts. I remember being in a Derelict Defense and my Hydroid just stopped. Walked in place, couldn't attack or shoot, couldn't use powers, only fix was death, and back then revives were 24 hour waits or cost platinum to buy more and the /unstuck command didn't exist. Don't know about you, but being down to no revives and getting stuck like that would be a pretty big progression stopper. Of course there are numerous out of bounds glitches that enemies experience. Only way we could progress in an Exterminate was to have a Nova and use have her use Worm Hole to also glitch out of the map to kill that last enemy. Again, seems like a forced restart, doesn't it? Then there's host migration bugs, which is another can of worms that needs fixing.

I'm not saying a dupe glitch shouldn't be fixed. It's clearly not intended. But we got Avichaeas that spawn stuck in walls right now, which is a huge progression stop since it's kinda hard to get Common Avichaea Tags to rank up with the Entrati. How about we get that fixed first so people can start progressing in the family WITHOUT having to spend platinum on some overpriced tags, before we worry about a dupe glitch which only real problem right now is allowing faster farming of Necramech mods? Necraloids only go to R3, so it only takes 3 days or so for an MR 25 to max out. Duping keys doesn't hurt the player experience, not being able to get Avichaeas to spawn or having them spawn in walls and floor does. Get those things fixed first, then worry about dupes and such.

I am in agreement with this post.

Let's recount the game stopping bugs that I've experienced in Wraframe, so we can get a measurement of what I'm coming from.

1. Spawned outside of the map.  Thank you collision detection issues that were 5+ years old coming back as recently as the Corpus Ship rework (for spawning ayatans/medallions outside of bounds, but on surfaces the team simply didn't clean up).
  2. The juggling death.  You may not remember this, but there was a time falling caused death.  Yep, get a knock-back from the corpus and fall between the rails on the old ship and you died.  4 respawns a day before having to pay meant that cheap thing didn't have to damage you to steal one.
  3. The Exploiter Orb....After killing it in phase one I've been locked into the area multiple times because the door to the outside would not open.  Most recently on 9.6.2020 (date of post).  Yeah....that's not working as intended.
  4. Archwing....oh boy.  Introductory mission, and the in-space section spawned me without an archwing.  Had to restart, because of course.  Had to wait for the patch to be able to actually interact there.
  5. Music spawns for the Sacrifice quest.  Ran that quest about 10 times to get the scan spawns.  Sometimes the first simply didn't spawn, while others had subsequent spawns not work.  It's great when you need the previous to progress, and it just decides not to work.
  6. The Tenno Space Program.  Fill in the blanks here.  My personal favorite was zoren coptering, but more relevantly I've occasionally been using melee and found myself shooting across the level and phasing through walls.  How recently?  Today I was doing SO, and on round 3 managed to shoot myself into the void.  The game, in its infinite wisdom, decided I had decided to quit and about 90 seconds into the round respawned me at the initial gate (the floating archway) and give me the game over screen.

I could really continue here, but this is long enough.

Now, let's talk progression.  DE added time to the defenses of the Isolation Vault run.  That's fine....right?  Well, no.  Let's talk math.  The chance of the rare mod drop for the mechs is 0.201% from the three enemies at the end of the run.  They only spawn after about 40 minutes.  At that rate, and with those drops, you need 115 runs of the vault for a 50% chance of getting the rare mod to spawn.  76 hours and 40 minutes for a single mod to spawn is crap.

So, let's talk priorities.  DE has Eidolons, and now they've got mech mods.  Both of them require a frankly stupid amount of grind to get the rewards for.  Groups can speed run eidolons, but the in-built timers on the isolation vaults are a gigantic slap in the face.  Literally you have 3 chances of 0.201% each in the time you can easily kill 9 eidolons (3x3 is a low bar, as 6x3 is possible with an optimized coordinated group).

Now that you understand my experience and math, let's talk about DE.  I don't know who sets their economy, but nearly every single major content release is built around a crappy grind for real power.  They of course state that you can buy the mods from other people...and that fixes it.  You can also buy a mod drop chance booster....which was a bad take.  Now, on the other side they've nerfed mechs on the open world dropping mods on death, and supposedly removed the looting interactions which would allow a potential second roll to get things.  It's literally selling us the fix to a problem they've created.

Let's talk an already in-game solution.  K-drives suck, but they're a fix.  How so?  Well, K-drive mods are sold by the faction that allows you to build them.  Fortuna learned from the mistakes of PoE, and actually was better.  Unfortunately, Deimos decided grind was more important and made the mistake again.  The priority for DE hasn't been to make content that feels like a reward, but to fix anything that removes the grind.   That should be depressing, but it's DE.  The last three years have been largely about a single yearly release, and installing insane grinds inside it to try and retain players between the sparse content injections.  

It's not surprising DE doesn't prioritize fixing systems, but will jump to fix exploits which lessen the grind in any way.  It's also why there's less people willing to pay money for this game.  Don't worry, the bad decisions will come home soon enough.  All we need is another railjack level DOA release and this game will have enough player apathy to require changing priorities.  Now, whether that change is a focus on cosmetics I cannot say....but I don't see death.  I see a shambling corpse going on for years, with bugs that constantly crop back up.  Case in point, falling through geometry was something I haven't seen in about 2 years.  It stopped when they fixed finishers on slopes allowing for it.  Today, I found plenty of new ways to see the level from outside the walls.

-Edit-

Let's talk solutions that are zero effort from DE.  I have one.  Make all mods drop from all mechs.  This raises the drop chance from about 10% to 30%, and effectively halves the grind for them.  That's halved at the top tier, and at the bottom tier it's 1/6th the number of runs.  That effectively would allow for more drops, better rewards, and almost no effort.

Will the above suggestion break the game?  Well, about 60 runs instead of 115 for a 50% chance....I'd call that fairer than the current system.  Not good, but 38 hours instead of 76 is a good decrease.    Why does my opinion matter?  It doesn't, you should do the math for yourself and draw the conclusions on your own.  I'm doing the probability calculations, and seeing that DE either doesn't value player time or doesn't do the math themselves.  I can't see the later and being a company, so it must be the former.

-Edit end-

4 hours ago, Hawk197 said:

Those bugs you listed, they are not progression stop tho? The common Avichaea bug you mentioned, you can still tranquilize those birds and use Archwing to fly in and collect the tags. I am sure you know about it since you realized they stuck in wall. What I meant by a progression stopping bug is a bug that completely stop your progression and there is no way to bypass it. There is none as far as I am aware of other than the Entrati rank up bug, which was fixed right away.

Look, I am not disagree with you that this game is full of bugs. Things happened to you might have also happened to me as well. It gets really frustrating when it happen as it wasted our time and resource. But on the bright side it doesn't always happen every single time, and most time we can understand how it happens and try our best to avoid it. For example necramech exp still reset IF host migration, so just be aware of it and continue like normal. Eventually you will still rank up.

My point was never about bugs really. I was just saying don't cheat. If you are really frustrating at this game, just take a breath man.

On 2020-09-03 at 3:29 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Scintillant in the ‘Common’ tier of a Deimos Bounty now has correct rarity weights within that tier. Previously it was applying it’s ‘Rare’ tier drop chance within the ‘Common’ tier - it is now a ~18% drop chance.

Welp, been getting 2 [Nano-Applicator] per bounty on average and still only 2 scintillant after 8-10 runs since yesterday. Seems to me like the ''bug fix'' needs a bug fix....

50 minutes ago, Invoky said:

Those bugs you listed, they are not progression stop tho? The common Avichaea bug you mentioned, you can still tranquilize those birds and use Archwing to fly in and collect the tags. I am sure you know about it since you realized they stuck in wall. What I meant by a progression stopping bug is a bug that completely stop your progression and there is no way to bypass it. There is none as far as I am aware of other than the Entrati rank up bug, which was fixed right away.

Look, I am not disagree with you that this game is full of bugs. Things happened to you might have also happened to me as well. It gets really frustrating when it happen as it wasted our time and resource. But on the bright side it doesn't always happen every single time, and most time we can understand how it happens and try our best to avoid it. For example necramech exp still reset IF host migration, so just be aware of it and continue like normal. Eventually you will still rank up.

My point was never about bugs really. I was just saying don't cheat. If you are really frustrating at this game, just take a breath man.

Let's talk about progression stopping bugs then.  Let's ignore the stuff already listed in the patch notes, and also let's only talk about stuff on Deimos.  I'm down with that challenge.

1. Scintillant is now dropping....but at a rate where people without boosters are not happy.  Without that you cannot get a mech, get the warfan, or get Xaku.  There's a litany of bugs already fixed, but people still don't see it a lot.
  2. Phasing through floors.  Progression stopping as you literally can't do anything but fall.  Better hope you haven't used "/unstuck" in the last few minutes, or it's waiting for that command to finally be available again.
  3. Animal spawns in walls, preventing getting the tags to level up, locking off access to content.  I've got literally hundreds of tags for predasites and vulpaphyla.  What I don't have is the fliers....like, I've caught every single one that I've gotten to spawn and it's the base level ones for a total of 6.  6:300 spawn ratio, with none of them being rare, is a show stopper when you care forced to turn in the tags.
  4. Has your corpus friend sat down, and gotten hit by a gas proc projectile from outside of radar range?  Mine has.  If you've got to upload 25+ scans and any damage causes it to stall a gas proc is absolutely run ending.  Yeah, don't think that I should get cheated out of a reward because the phallus monster scored a hit from far enough away that I couldn't even see it.

I'm not going to continue, but there are more examples of current game breaking bugs.  If you'd like confirmation scroll through the various feedback threads and steel yourself for just utter disappointment in this alpha release.

Now, about your compensation for failures...I fundamentally disagree. 

I could offer a litany of reasons, but the core argument is that DE releasing garbage and then semi-patching it is SOP.  The problem here isn't cheating to avoid 120 seconds of grind, especially not when it's an expected 76 hours and 40 minutes of grind to have a 50% chance of getting the mods.  Yeah, a .201% drop rate from the mechs is that level of grind.  I don't view cutting out a few minutes as cheating, when DE tells us our time has no value.  This is consistent with the Scarlet Spear (can't earn a tier 4 arcane in one cycle, and need 21 of those to make a full arcane), Liches (grind mission to unlock weapon choice, grind for relics, grind to unlock, grind thralls, get a 1 in 6 chance to order them right, finally defeat the Lich, grind the weapon through 5 level cycles to fully unlock, and then repeat everything but the weapon grind multiple times to get valence transfers to get a version of the gun which is the best possible statistically, or alternatively repeat all of it multiple times to get guns with different elements), and Railjack itself to simply get access to things like the slinghot or forward artillery.  

Putting this into a sentence; cheating is to be admonished, but when the game tells you it's a miserable slog so that you will engage for more time I have no problem with finding ways to shorten the required grind to bearable levels.

As an aside, let's do some calculating.  No boosters, 115 runs of isolation vaults.  115*1*1000+115*2*2500+115*3*5000 = 2,415,000.  Why do I say this?  Well, that's the amount of standing you'll have earned once you have a 50% drop chance.  It's enough standing to buy one mech for each day of the week, have each of them have their own Cortege and Mausolon, and still have about two million standing left over.  What a mess.

Are the fixes for performance issues coming through? I'm still experiencing heavy lags and/or crashes when I turn on the Deferred Rendering on the Cambion Drift while the rest of the game works just fine. Even without the Deferred rendering, I experience heavy frame drops when I use a particle/effect heavy things like Vauban with other players- and again, no such issues when I am playing the other parts of the game. Only the Cambion Drift has such issues.

On 2020-09-05 at 4:55 AM, Rickjames2k said:

The Droprate of Thaumica is too low. It should be increased.

just replying to gain more attention an to be more specfic mining it is near impossible ! you can get rare gems like a 1:50 ration vs Thaumica an thats needed for weapons an xaku

1 hour ago, master_of_destiny said:

Let's talk about progression stopping bugs then.  Let's ignore the stuff already listed in the patch notes, and also let's only talk about stuff on Deimos.  I'm down with that challenge.

1. Scintillant is now dropping....but at a rate where people without boosters are not happy.  Without that you cannot get a mech, get the warfan, or get Xaku.  There's a litany of bugs already fixed, but people still don't see it a lot.
  2. Phasing through floors.  Progression stopping as you literally can't do anything but fall.  Better hope you haven't used "/unstuck" in the last few minutes, or it's waiting for that command to finally be available again.
  3. Animal spawns in walls, preventing getting the tags to level up, locking off access to content.  I've got literally hundreds of tags for predasites and vulpaphyla.  What I don't have is the fliers....like, I've caught every single one that I've gotten to spawn and it's the base level ones for a total of 6.  6:300 spawn ratio, with none of them being rare, is a show stopper when you care forced to turn in the tags.
  4. Has your corpus friend sat down, and gotten hit by a gas proc projectile from outside of radar range?  Mine has.  If you've got to upload 25+ scans and any damage causes it to stall a gas proc is absolutely run ending.  Yeah, don't think that I should get cheated out of a reward because the phallus monster scored a hit from far enough away that I couldn't even see it.

I'm not going to continue, but there are more examples of current game breaking bugs.  If you'd like confirmation scroll through the various feedback threads and steel yourself for just utter disappointment in this alpha release.

Now, about your compensation for failures...I fundamentally disagree. 

I could offer a litany of reasons, but the core argument is that DE releasing garbage and then semi-patching it is SOP.  The problem here isn't cheating to avoid 120 seconds of grind, especially not when it's an expected 76 hours and 40 minutes of grind to have a 50% chance of getting the mods.  Yeah, a .201% drop rate from the mechs is that level of grind.  I don't view cutting out a few minutes as cheating, when DE tells us our time has no value.  This is consistent with the Scarlet Spear (can't earn a tier 4 arcane in one cycle, and need 21 of those to make a full arcane), Liches (grind mission to unlock weapon choice, grind for relics, grind to unlock, grind thralls, get a 1 in 6 chance to order them right, finally defeat the Lich, grind the weapon through 5 level cycles to fully unlock, and then repeat everything but the weapon grind multiple times to get valence transfers to get a version of the gun which is the best possible statistically, or alternatively repeat all of it multiple times to get guns with different elements), and Railjack itself to simply get access to things like the slinghot or forward artillery.  

Putting this into a sentence; cheating is to be admonished, but when the game tells you it's a miserable slog so that you will engage for more time I have no problem with finding ways to shorten the required grind to bearable levels.

As an aside, let's do some calculating.  No boosters, 115 runs of isolation vaults.  115*1*1000+115*2*2500+115*3*5000 = 2,415,000.  Why do I say this?  Well, that's the amount of standing you'll have earned once you have a 50% drop chance.  It's enough standing to buy one mech for each day of the week, have each of them have their own Cortege and Mausolon, and still have about two million standing left over.  What a mess.

You literally just made a long post direct at me when I was only responding to Hawk197 about key duplicating.

Did I once say this game isn't repetitive and grinding? Did I say I support DE's low RNG drop BS? I don't know why you came at me so hard with 2 long posts. I am not a DE fanboy or anything.

I agree this new content is horrible. It's repetitive, bad RNG, and bad glitch/bugs. But the two points I made from my previous posts still stand:

1) I don't agree with cheat/exploit, no matter what circumstances. Two wrong doesn't make it right.

2) There is no progression "stop" bug. 

Calling it bad content all you want, I am not disagreeing. All the bugs you listed I have encountered once at least. Yes they are very annoying but they only make you lose "some" progression. Wording matters, don't make up something like "progression stop" when there isn't any.

Archived