Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to easily kill/solo NecraMechs in the Isolation Vaults.

StormWolf1337

This took me a bit of time since I couldn't find Public Squads that wanted to or could even endure the level 2 & 3 tier Vaults so I went solo and was pleasantly surprised. 

First the Frames, Gauss and Nezha are king, Gauss since his 4 enables you to practically two-shot most things and Nezha for that Halo plus his kit is alright in the vaults. Revenant works but his Mesmer Skin gets killed too easily here so go Rhino if you need some extra safety but he gets boring after running the Vaults a few times.

Now the weapons, melee doesn't matter, use anything you prefer and mod with range to kill more infested since they swarm ya on solo. You can go for the Stropha or so but it's just not as fun for me, takes more time/effort/aiming when I wanna just get through the Vaults in seconds and it's not really an effective melee only (combo animation wise) for me to comfortably kill Infested while being swarmed by them in the Toxin phase. The Ignis Wraith and Phantasma have been the most insanely damaging guns to use against the Necramechs, so powerful even that with a Gauss they're dead before they can tickle your shields heh The real big boi though is the BFG, THE LARKSPUR!!!! It's beam auto-tracks so on a Necramech it concentrates on every part that can be damaged automatically leading to beautiful head-shot crits. Using Nezha's Halo I don't even have to switch to Operator to get rid of the Necramech's Void Cloak, just keep firing and it's like mercing a regular pleb in a shiny tin pod.

Mod em all for Radiation/Corrosive for the best damage but the only thing that needs to really be modded specially for the Necramechs is the Larkspur. It can easily handle multiple elements without killing off necessary mod slots however so it's pretty much mod with what you have. No OP/Primed mods/Rivens needed to absolutely wreck the NecraDudes here, just pure Larkspur carnage goodness heh Though an Archgun Ace would probably make it even crazier OP and complete overkill.

Using this setup and Nekros' Despoil + Shield of Shadows is also a good option, his SOS keeps him immortal so his Desecrate can work to give ya better part drop chances but it's a bit trickier using the unholy Necromancer for Vault runs solo. Once you keep up his 4 though you will survive, his Terrify is actually surprisingly useful there too for protecting Loid/prepping a one-shot melee kill.

Inb4 just use Octavia

But seriously, I find Revenant to be unkillable here. Never noticed Mesmer depleting too fast, I sit at 13 stacks, and you can enthrall the mech for a few seconds 2-3 times before it's immune to the ability. Also his 4 works reliably, but not as fast as other options.

I prefer using my mech, but no one starts with a mech so that's unfair for me to say "Just use a mech!"

However, I will always support the usage of Gauss. Best frame!

I'll give you an input too.

Use Nyx with assimilate augment. Take a body punchthrough weapon like stropha or catchmoon.

Press 2, press 4. One-shot. The body punch through lets you hit the weakspot from the front, while Nyx's 2 removes all armor and shields, letting you oneshot.

Mech used shock shield? Doesn't matter with Nyx. Her 4 with augment allows her to face-tank all the reflected damage and negates it completely. One heavy attack and the shock shield is broken. Pretty easy runs after that.

Another option is octavia. Use her mallet and then just wait for the mechs to kill themselves... I personally prefer Nyx as her method, while more proactive, is faster in oneshotting.

Alternatively. You can use Wukong. Cast "Defy" while the mech throws out mines. The damage from the mines will boost your damage, resulting in a oneshot.

I used Valkyr and a Chesa Kubrow to farm the Necramechs. Valkyr is literally immortal, so no need to worry about taking damage at all, and with a little practice you can slide attack from the front around them and hit their back. Since you kill one at a time, the Kubrow is almost as good as Nekros.

Mechs are the easy part - the annoying part of these vaults is the gather bait, wait 2 minutes, walk in, 2 minute survival. So ~5+ minutes to just idle before every tier.

And you have to time it when worms switch so it won't reset half way.

2 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

Exalted Blade can hit the weak spot with its punch through.

Yep, and Chromatic Rad/Cold will chunk off health even against the tier 3 ones.

Just play hit and run when the shields are up and drag the mech into any Infested to make them burn the shielding down and even Umbra can scrap these things with ease.

5 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

I used Valkyr and a Chesa Kubrow to farm the Necramechs. Valkyr is literally immortal, so no need to worry about taking damage at all, and with a little practice you can slide attack from the front around them and hit their back. Since you kill one at a time, the Kubrow is almost as good as Nekros.

I'm never one to pass up a chance to revel in the glory that is Valkyr, angry feline love of my life that she is, but can I ask what the technique to hit the weak spot is with her and if it oneshots? I tried using her in perma-Hysteria to kill the mech first time around (because, being a stubborn Valkyr devotee, I MUST use her as the first contact for every bit of new content) and it took me like five minutes. Granted that was before I knew about the weak spot - I'd love to go back and try it again with better tactics, though. Round two, here I come!

Was a proud member of the Justuseoctavia 4head club but then I tried the Nxy method as suggested above and cackled loudly at how effective it was (also Chaos is obviously useful in the other phases and it's fun to mind control juggernauts and other big boys). Gonna try some of these other suggestions next time. 🙃

Preparation:

a. 100% armor stripping ability -> ash shuriken, anyone can use

b. gun blade modded for heavy attack 

c. operator magus lockdown 

Procedure:

1. Operator dash to close in and activate lockdown, so necramech don’t activate the damn reflect shield.

2.Gun blade heavy attack, this should distinguish the shield
3. use armor stripping ability

4. Keep using heavy attack, and necramech should just die before lockdown disappears.

this is a 2-3 shots method but not limited to frame, and kill time is fast.

7 hours ago, Anaktoria said:

I ask what the technique to hit the weak spot is with her and if it oneshots?

The first mech needs 3 hits (one for each arm and the back), the last 3 need a couple more. I just jump to the height of their arms and slide attack (the slide attack is the only good thing about her stance), then jump high enough to be just above their head, and slide attack in a half-circle.

Then again, I was using 166% strength (and not the augment), so you may deal a lot more damage. Instead I used Shattering Impact to strip the last 3 mechs of their armor.

Archived