Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ENDO FARMING GUIDE for Vodynaoi, Sedna

(PSN)BMWWOW

Hi Everybody.
I am leaving this here as a reference, mainly so that I do not have to keep re-writing for every matchmaking squad who joins me.
If you have useful comments please leave them below, but this is more of a HOW-TO gleaned from watching and learning and testing for HOURS.

( fyi - you can easily share this guide with your friends by using this link: "tinyurl.com/EndoFast" which brings them to this exact guide.)

The Goal is 1k (1000)  Endo about every 3 Minutes.... Yes 1k every 3 MINUTES.  🙂  And this is WITHOUT any sort of Boosters.
FYI, Endo is considered a MOD, not a Resource, in case you are going to equip the correct Mod-Drop Booster.

Please Note - I am doing this guide for Vodyanoi ONLY; while it is true that Arbitrations can get even higher yields under the right circumstances, it is a harder mission than Vodyanoi with a significant number of added complications.  You also have to have completed the entire Star Chart to be allowed in Arbitrations, while anyone can do Vodyanoi (see CRITICAL note below).  In the future I will try to put together a guide for Endo Arbitrations.

CRITICAL - To do Senda, Vodyanoi you MUST have a minimum of "15 Judgement Points" to even be allowed into the Vodyanoi Arena.  This must be the case PRIOR to the First Run.  Winning a Vodyanoi mission will award you plenty of points for future runs.  To check your "Judgement Points" just mouse-over the Vodyanoi node to see how many you own.  If you do NOT have the 15 points, just do a super fast run-through of Nakki & Yam (in that order) and the door to Vodyanoi will open for you.

1. -------------->  PICKING THE SQUAD

There is some debate about the "Optimal Squad."  It's not always what you think.
For example, I have had AMAZING runs with a Nekros, a PS Khora, and a Speed Nova where we got an average of 1100 Endo every run, and usually in 2 minutes or less.  "1 k in 3 minutes" is a Low Average, and the actual number of a well coordinated Squad is higher Endo and faster Time than that! 🙂

The Four Main Frames that come up again and again and again are:  Nekros, Nidus, Khora, and Speed Nova (not necessarily in any order)

First, here are some MYTHS that need to be erased:

• Speed Nova's "Molecular Prime" interferes with Nekros Desecrate - INCORRECT, it can lower the window for the Desecrate effect, but the difference is negligible, especially with a Multi-Nekros squad.  As written in the comments, the visual is an explosion but the game still sees it as a corpse to be Desecrated.
  • Nidus is Always Necessary - INCORRECT, as it depends on the other frames in the squad.
  • Khora is Always Necessary - again INCORRECT, there are squads that do GREAT without Khora

The most important thing is that the Frames chosen coordinate well with each other.

SUGGESTED WARFRAME BUILDS:

• KHORA - MUST have the Pilfering Strangledome augment mod installed.  RANGE should be long, say 145-200% for a BIG Strangledome if there is no Nidus Larva.  If Nidus IS in the Squad then set Range to 60%-80% (red) for a smaller dome.  Build for Efficiency too so she can spam Strangledome.  As soon as one dome vanishes she needs to pop another one in the same spot.
  • NEKROS - should be built for Endless Desecrate.  This often involves the Despoil augment mod, alongside the Equilibrium mod.  If you not have the Equilibrium mod, Arcane Pulse can achieve a similar effect.  If you have none of the above then build for Efficiency so you can spam Desecrate.  RANGE should be 145% or more.
  • NIDUS - build for Maximum Range and high Efficiency so you can spam Larva (his second power, the giant Tentacles thing).  You need to be able to instantly recast Larva as soon as the previous one is gone, and you need massive range to grab from all over the map.  Some players set Nidus to have a particularly SHORT Duration so the "grabs" of enemies are maximized (and Fleeting Expertise, for example, is a mod that will solve both those issues).
  • SPEED NOVA - Large Duration and High Efficiency to spam his 4th, Molecular Prime (note that the distance of Molecular Prime's initial reach is based on the Duration of the expanding wave, so that is why you want a Duration build).  Obviously the Overextended mod MUST be installed to get the Speed effect.

So to be clear the JOB of each of these frames is:
Khora - Cast Strangledome (her 4th) again and again in the same spot.
Nekros - Cast Desecrate and Keep It On At All Times.
Nidus - Cast Larva centered in the SAME SPOT every time, centered under Khora's dome if she is in the squad
Speed Nova - spam Molecular Prime to get the enemies to charge into the Larva or Strangledome, also make them easier to kill.  This helps speed up each round as well.

OTHER CONSIDERATIONS / SUGGESTIONS:

• AURA - as many people with Corrosive Projection as possible.  These are Grineer and they are all about armor.
  • FOCUS SCHOOL - Zenurik to continuously pop "Energizing Dash" every time you have a pause in the action.  Several people popping Energizing Dash makes for plenty of energy for all the Ability Spamming.  Alternatively, Unairu's "Void Shadow" can help to keep the party invisible for added survivability.  
  • ARCANES (Frame) - Energize is always good, and Pulse works for Nekros too.
  • ARCANES (Operator) - Magus Repair is quite handy for added survivability.  
  • EXILUS (Frame)Vigilante Pursuit if Possible for extra Primary Crit + Enemy Location, Cunning Drift if you need Range, Enemy Sense if you do not have Vigilante Pursuit

Several Squads seem to have risen to the surface for Optimal Endo Farming:
(*these are just examples, not written in stone*)

• Nekros, Pilfering Khora (small Dome), Nidus, and Speed Nova
  • Three Nekros + Nidus (alternatively 2 Nekros + Nidus)
  • Two Nekros, Nidus, Pilfering Khora (small Dome)
  • We have had equal success with Speed Nova, Nekros, and Pilfering Khora with a large Dome

A note about Nidus, Larva and the CRITICAL ELEMENT of ALL STAYING TOGETHER (and NOT running off across the map!!!!!!!!!).....
If Nidus is in the Squad spamming Larva, EVERYONE who is not doing anything else at the time needs to focus on shooting the hell out of the enemies caught in the Dome-Larva center where the enemies are located!  Sure if someone is shooting at you from far away then address the situation.  If you need to manually grab an Endo Ball then do so.  If you have half a second to pop Energizing Dash for the group (centered on the Larva / Dome) then go for it.  But otherwise be Shooting / Chopping that Dome-Larva mass in the center!

If there is no Nidus in the Squad, then these same ideas apply to enemies caught in Khora's Pilfering Strangledome as well.  If both are in the Squad then give Larva priority followed by annihilating the enemies hanging in the Strangledome.

2. -------------->  WEAPONS

Straight to the point:  SLASH SLASH SLASH.
Did I mention Slash?
Why?  Because Nekros' "Desecrate" ability treats enemies who die from SLASH (which means they get cut into MULTIPLE PIECES) with EACH PIECE counting as a Corpse to have a Drop!!!  Cool huh?  So when an enemy dies from Slash damage and gets cut into three (3) parts, that is TRIPLE the odds of getting an Endo drop!!

Here are some GREAT Slash Weapons to equip...
(there are others - if you have a favorite SLASH weapon not listed then go ahead and list it in the comments!  Thanks!)

PRIMARY WEAPONS - Always have the Sweeping Serration mod installed!!!

• KOHM - a slash shotgun with serious power.
  • SOMA - a slash rifle
  • ARGONAK - another high-slash Primary
  • STAHLTA - slash rifle / "grenade launcher"

MELEE WEAPONS - Always have the Buzz Kill mod installed!!!

• GALATINE 
  • ATTARAX
  • KRONEN
  • GRAM
  • RIPKAS with the Amalgam True Steel mod

Weapons SUMMARY - Above All you want the enemies to die from SLASH damage.

Handy List of Slash Damage weapons:
warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Slash_Damage
Click on "View Slash Weapons List" drop-down menu, and the sort the list by "Type"

3. -------------->  STRATEGY

There is an IDEAL spot on the Vodyanoi map close to the starting point.  It is NOT the big circular area on the other side of the map.
Head straight forward to a spot just past the first overhead walkway slightly to your right.  On the floor below that small overhead platform there will be a circular door on your right, and a pillar of rock (?) a bit to the left and in front of you on the opposite side of that flat area.  That flat area with the round door on your right is THEEEEE SPOT.

Everyone needs to Stay There on THAT SPOT.  
Do NOT go running off across the map!  

When (if) Nidus is popping Larva, have someone stand by the round door to keep it open because a lot of enemies spawn in there and the open door lets Larva pull them in.

If you spot an Endo Ball somewhere obscure (it happens, like under the stairs near The Spot) and you can easily see that your squad mates might miss it, pop a WAYPOINT on that Endo Ball.

• Always pop that Energizing Dash (Zenurik) in THE SPOT when nothing else is happening to keep your Squad member's energy UP.
  • Always shoot / chop (SLASH) the enemies caught by Larva until it disappears and Nidus casts a new one; Rinse & Repeat.  Remember the goal is to really Slash the enemies caught in the Dome, but with a small Dome alongside Larva it becomes a visual mess, so just shoot / chop at that mass in the middle.
  • Consider dropping a Waypoint in the Exact Center of the Spot as the Casting Marker Centerpoint for Everyone's Abilities, and Cast ALL abilities right there.
  • Always shoot the enemies that are Trapped in Khora's Strangledome (including being dragged along the ground by the dome) FIRST if you can clearly distinguish them apart from the Larva.  If you cannot distinguish just attack the Dome-Larva mass.
  • Always remember you must pick up the Endo Spheres ON YOUR OWN - there is No Vacuum in the Arena.
  • When you see that 22-24 enemies have been killed (it's DONE at 25, so say only 1 or 2 left to kill) then take the time to do a quick scan for Endo Balls you may have missed.  It can help if someone calls out when 23 or so enemies are dead and everyone takes 5 seconds to quickly look around and see if the missed any Endo Balls.

DO NOT kill enemies outside of the Larva / Strangledome unless you absolutely have to (e.g. a sniper that just will not come over to the THE SPOT).
The GOAL is to get them to get caught by either Strangledome / Larva and THEN kill them with Slash damage.
-- Larva speeds up the gathering of enemies and makes killing them fast at The Spot;
-- Pilfering Strangledome increases  the odds of added drops at The Spot;
-- Multiple Nekros' insures extremely high odds of an enemy being Desecrated (and also insure that at least one Desecrate is on AT ALL TIMES, and more  is better)

A final word on Hydroid:
You would think that Pilfering Swarm would put Hydroid in the same category as Khora Pilfering Strangledome.  Sadly it does not, at least not for the dynamics of Vodyanoi, Sedna and the Arena.  It actually ends up slowing down the game,  and the drops are not as good as Khora P.S.

If anyone needs to farm Endo (and who doesn't - LOL) look me up on PS4, "BMWWOW" and I am happy to run it with you if you have taken the time to read all this and take it to heart.  🙂

9 minutes ago, ZarTham said:

You missed Larva Burst...

Would NOT recommend.  Larva Burst kills from TOXIN.
You want things to die from SLASH.

The goal is to pump that Larva full of SLASH damage from your weapons.
Sure some enemies will die from other events (e.g. Elemental damage etc), but whenever possible you want SLASH deaths so you get the multiplied possibility for Endo Drops.  🙂

Uh, why do you want a big Strangledome? People make them small (around 3-4m) so everyone can easily hit the executioners trapped on the dome.

Also I'm not really sure if Pilfering Strangledome looting effect triggers when Larva pulls the enemies, that's why people make Larva's duration as short as possible or they use Larva Burst (on Steel Path, the executioners won't die to the toxin) -> you try to kill the executioners caught on the dome and not on the Larva ball. Again I'm not too sure about this one.

BTW DE have patched that multiple body parts thing so now a dismembered enemy only counts as 1 corpse for the purpose of looting. Haven't confirmed this though, just comes from reading the patch note:

Hotfix: The Vacuum Within 3

• Fixed Nekros not being able to Desecrate dead enemies that are playing a death animation.
  • Fixed Nekros desecrating one piece of a corpse causing the Desecrate timer to be reset for other pieces of the same corpse.

Ennemies affected by molecular prime will explode instead of being dismembered upon death. So yes, Nova does interfere with Nekros' desecrate. 

Regarding dismemberment, ever heard of the Amalgam Ripkas True Steel mod? You should give it a try.

I don't want to sound mean, but all in all there's way too much verbose in your OP if you meant this to be a guide, from the parts I've read. 

1 hour ago, Nailclipper said:

DE have patched that multiple body parts thing

What you quoted doesn't mean what you think it means, I think. Desecrated body parts being counted as a full corpse always works. What they did fix in your quote is the fact that desecrating one body part resetted the desecrate timer for the others, thus making it impossible to desecrate all parts before the body disappeared.

7 minutes ago, Redeye said:

What you quoted doesn't mean what you think it means, I think. Desecrated body parts being counted as a full corpse always works. What they did fix in your quote is the fact that desecrating one body part resetted the desecrate timer for the others, thus making it impossible to desecrate all parts before the body disappeared.

I think you are right. I just watched this video: 

As someone that normally plays Khora, people tend to prefer that I have about 79% range so that they can easily use their melee weapons on the strangledome while still allowing it to grab people. Do you have a reason for why you advocate for a larger range? And the main reason why pilfering strangledome is better than pilfering swarm is that slash > impact. Also, I am surprised that you didn't include nekros x2, khora, and nidus as a group since that works pretty well and you included nekros x3 for some reason. And vauban's vortex should be able to work similarly to larva, albeit with a higher energy cost and the need to make sure no enemies get trapped on the one doorframe.

Trinity and harrow can be nice to have as a 4th in place of speedva to make sure nidus and khora don't run low on energy.

I haven't tested it yet, but having a nekros with larva should make it so that nidus is irrelevant.

Gram prime, dual kamas, and sheev are other good slash heavy melees. Pyrana prime is a great slash heavy secondary. The new carnis mod set increases melee and secondary slash damage and status chance, so those mods are must-haves.

Handspring is a great exilus mod for Khora to help with knockdown, especially since it goes with her innate polarity.

Steel path more than doubles the endo haul without actually increasing the time much, so if someone in your squad has access to steel path vodyanoi, always do that.

Vodyanoi Khora

Vodyanoi Larva Nekros

12 hours ago, Redeye said:

Ennemies affected by molecular prime will explode instead of being dismembered upon death. So yes, Nova does interfere with Nekros' desecrate. 

Regarding dismemberment, ever heard of the Amalgam Ripkas True Steel mod? You should give it a try.

Sorry but you are incorrect.  The visual from Molecular Prime is an "explosion" but the game still sees the exploding object as a dismembered corpse if that final moment of death was caused by SLASH damage, and each part will drop Endo just fine.  Tried and tested real time, in game, with multiple variations to the test.

As for my verbosity, this guide is literally a direct, 1-for-1 summary of everything that I have to repeatedly teach people new to Endo Farming every time they join me in a run.  Take it or leave it, but it is Complete and covers everything they need to know, saves a LOT of time, and ultimately yields superior Endo runs which is of course the goal.

Have not looked into the Amalgam Ripkas True Steel mod (I have it but did not give it much attention) - will definitely do so.  Thanks! 🙂

12 hours ago, Redeye said:

This.  :)  
Appreciate you posting the clarification.

On 2020-09-05 at 5:49 AM, _Tormex_ said:

As someone that normally plays Khora, people tend to prefer that I have about 79% range so that they can easily use their melee weapons on the strangledome while still allowing it to grab people. Do you have a reason for why you advocate for a larger range? And the main reason why pilfering strangledome is better than pilfering swarm is that slash > impact. Also, I am surprised that you didn't include nekros x2, khora, and nidus as a group since that works pretty well and you included nekros x3 for some reason. And vauban's vortex should be able to work similarly to larva, albeit with a higher energy cost and the need to make sure no enemies get trapped on the one doorframe.

Trinity and harrow can be nice to have as a 4th in place of speedva to make sure nidus and khora don't run low on energy.

I haven't tested it yet, but having a nekros with larva should make it so that nidus is irrelevant.

Gram prime, dual kamas, and sheev are other good slash heavy melees. Pyrana prime is a great slash heavy secondary. The new carnis mod set increases melee and secondary slash damage and status chance, so those mods are must-haves.

Handspring is a great exilus mod for Khora to help with knockdown, especially since it goes with her innate polarity.

Steel path more than doubles the endo haul without actually increasing the time much, so if someone in your squad has access to steel path vodyanoi, always do that.

When I wrote the Squads I left it up to some interpretation.  Yes, you are correct that there is some "mix & match" capability, and yes I have also done runs with the exact 2 x Nekros / Nidus / Khora you describe.

We tested various ranges for Strangledome, and found that bigger was better when there is no Nidus / Larva.  If Nidus IS in the Squad then you are correct that a smaller Dome between 60%-80% seems ideal.  Like you we had very good runs with 79%. 

The main take-away however was that Strangledome also "reaches out" past the dome permitter and pulls in enemies, needed if there is no Nidus / Larva.  A larger dome has much greater reach and pulls in more enemies. 

Also there is some interference that we could not quite figure out between a small Strangledome and a Larva, having something to do with the core of Larva being larger than the dome and depriving the Strangledome of its effect.  I.e. the Larva took over the enemy capture completely instead of working synergistically with the Strangledome.  This was discovered again and again on many runs where we combined the two, switching up factors quite a bit.  This lead to the conclusion that, with a small Dome the Larva often becoming a jumbled visual mess, we tell people new to Endo Farming "if you cannot distinguish the enemies caught in the Dome then just attack the whole blob (Dome-Larva) in the middle." 

Agreed about the Trinity / Harrow energy pool.  All that spamming uses up a lot of energy fast.  🙂

I have not tried adding Larva to Nekros (I assume you mean via Helminth?).... Can you actually Do That?!?!?  OMG that would be PERFECT!!!!  😄

"Gram prime, dual kamas, and sheev are other good slash heavy melees. Pyrana prime is a great slash heavy secondary. The new carnis mod set increases melee and secondary slash damage and status chance, so those mods are must-haves."

Appreciate your list of suggested Slash weapons.  🙂

@(PS4)BMWWOW Have you experimented with minimum duration Larva (around 1 sec by using Transient Fortitude + Fleeting Expertise, or with Larva Burst on steel path)? The idea is to use Larva as a mean to transfer the executioners to Khora's dome. This does need a small dome because you can't hit those exes moving around trapped on a big one (and it would take forever on steel path).

2 hours ago, Nailclipper said:

@(PS4)BMWWOW Have you experimented with minimum duration Larva (around 1 sec by using Transient Fortitude + Fleeting Expertise, or with Larva Burst on steel path)? The idea is to use Larva as a mean to transfer the executioners to Khora's dome. This does need a small dome because you can't hit those exes moving around trapped on a big one (and it would take forever on steel path).

Have not done this but definitely going to try this!!  Thanks! 🙂

On 2020-09-04 at 2:07 PM, (PS4)BMWWOW said:

Would NOT recommend.  Larva Burst kills from TOXIN.
You want things to die from SLASH.

The goal is to pump that Larva full of SLASH damage from your weapons.
Sure some enemies will die from other events (e.g. Elemental damage etc), but whenever possible you want SLASH deaths so you get the multiplied possibility for Endo Drops.  🙂

A good DPS can kill mobs before Larva Burst's second Toxin tick, usually Nidus goes with 40% duration, it can go as low as 30% but once the Low Duration mode is active Nidus won't be able to pull mobs efficiently, hence Larva Burst, you can ignore duration, leave it at 100% and you can despawn larva at your command, this also means that Nidus can guarantee that mobs get caught by the Dome, which is a requirement for it to have any effect regarding its extra drop chance. You don't want to mobs to die on the Larva, you want mobs to die on the Dome.

There are a lot of flaws in your guide tbh, as others have pointed out. If your runs take 3 minutes, you're doing something very wrong.

On 2020-09-04 at 11:30 PM, (PS4)BMWWOW said:

I have not tried adding Larva to Nekros (I assume you mean via Helminth?).... Can you actually Do That?!?!?  OMG that would be PERFECT!!!!  😄

Yeah, larva is the helminth selection for Nidus! Though the base range is 8m instead of 12m. I am building Nidus right now actually and am planning on feeding him to helminth to make larva Nekros!

21 hours ago, Nailclipper said:

Ran this experiment, found that the ideal dome size seems to be around 60%-80%.  Larger than that and the enemies get caught overhead flailing around (making loops literally), and smaller than that there seems to be MUCH more trouble getting the Larva centered inside the dome.  People keep mentioning Larva Burst but again you do not want the enemies dying from Toxin - you want them dying from Slash.

Idealists also keep mentioning this magical "kill them only on the dome" concept, however with a small dome and all the tentacles flailing about it gets very blurred, hence the "just attack the center" concept, especially when teaching beginners.  The animations, rag-dolling, etc make for a big jumbled mess in that Larva / Dome lump.  A Slash-build Kohm up close makes short work of it all, and trying to aim for only the guys on the small dome definitely slows it down.  Nothing wrong with aiming for Dome-caught bodies if you have the skill to do so QUICKLY.

At some point it becomes Time vs Extra Endo, meaning do you want 1 minute 30 second runs with 750 Endo (so actually 1500 Endo every 3 minutes) or do you really want to focus only on the dome-bound enemies, ignore the larve-bound enemies, and get a 2 minute 30 second to 3 minute run and get 1000 Endo?  With a small dome and a spamming Larva we average about 1 minute 40 seconds per run, and about 750-850 average Endo.

TBH, this guide is mostly for beginners, and asking them to make a call in regards to "don't hit the Larva-bound enemies, only the ones in the small dome" is asking a LOT!  😆

This is also why sometimes having a Speed Nova instead of Nidus works equally well with a Large Dome which also pulls in the enemies.  Then there is no Larva to confuse the matter, and all enemy kills can be on the dome, easy to find.  🙂

12 hours ago, ZarTham said:

A good DPS can kill mobs before Larva Burst's second Toxin tick, usually Nidus goes with 40% duration, it can go as low as 30% but once the Low Duration mode is active Nidus won't be able to pull mobs efficiently, hence Larva Burst, you can ignore duration, leave it at 100% and you can despawn larva at your command, this also means that Nidus can guarantee that mobs get caught by the Dome, which is a requirement for it to have any effect regarding its extra drop chance. You don't want to mobs to die on the Larva, you want mobs to die on the Dome.

There are a lot of flaws in your guide tbh, as others have pointed out. If your runs take 3 minutes, you're doing something very wrong.

I think you missed a Key Point:  You do NOT want them dying from Larva Burst's Toxin, at all.  
If you want maximum Endo, you need ALL kills (if possible) to be from Slash damage.  Why equip Larva Burst at all?  You are literally hamstringing yourself.
As for distinguishing Larva mobs from small-Dome mobs, see the above comment.
Same for your misinterpreted presumption regarding "3 minutes."

On the flip side, rather than just be a critic and say "lots of flaws" (of which you are grossly incorrect), if you feel this guide has other exact concepts that could use clarification or have better methods, by all means spell out your improved methods here in the comments.  Remember, this guide is for Beginners, and its rock solid, tried and tested.  As written in the above comment, we average 1000 Endo every 3 minutes as a MINIMUM, and 750 Endo every 1 minute 30 seconds is very common.  1k every 3 minutes is called Giving An Honest Average. 
And hey - 1k every 3 minutes is still a) Damn Good, and b) More than most people get.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)BMWWOW said:

Ran this experiment, found that the ideal dome size seems to be around 60%-80%.  Large than that and the enemies get caught overhead flailing around (making loops literally), and smaller than that there seems to be MUCH more trouble getting the Larva centered inside the dome.  People keep mentioning Larva Burst but again you do not want the enemies dying from Toxin - you want them dying from Slash.

Idealists also keep mentioning this magical "kill them only on the dome" concept, however with a small dome and all the tentacles flailing about it gets very blurred, hence the "just attack the center" concept.  The animations, rag-dolling, etc make for a big jumbled mess in that Larva / Dome lump.  A Slash-build Kohm up close makes short work of it all, and trying to aim for only the guys on the small dome definitely slows it down. 

At some point it becomes Time vs Extra Endo, meaning do you want 1 minute 30 second runs with 750 Endo (so actually 1500 Endo every 3 minutes) or do you really want to focus only on the dome-bound enemies, ignore the larve-bound enemies, and get a 2 minute 30 second to 3 minute run and get 1000 Endo?  With a small dome and a spamming Larva we average about 1 minute 40 seconds per run, and about 750-850 average Endo.

TBH, this guide is mostly for beginners, and asking them to make a call in regards to "don't hit the Larva-bound enemies, only the ones in the small dome" is asking a LOT!  😆

This is also why sometimes having a Speed Nova instead of Nidus works equally well with a Large Dome which also pulls in the enemies.  Then there is no Larva to confuse the matter, and all enemy kills can be on the dome, easy to find.  🙂

That 60-80% range sounds about right. So now that you have tried small and big dome, which one provides a bigger number of endo/time?

I did mention killing enemies on the dome and not on the Larva ball because that's the original idea, which is to use Larva as a mean to transfer the enemies to the dome so that the dome can do the pillaging/looting. In practice you just flail around and inside the dome with your melee weapon, except Nidus who usually doesn't participate because he's busy spamming his 1 sec Larva.

BTW have you tried doing it on steel path? If you can kill the executioners fast enough there (need a well modded melee weapon) and not dying too much (often by Gorth or Zura), it provides a far superior endo count.

il y a 9 minutes, Nailclipper a dit :

BTW have you tried doing it on steel path? If you can kill the executioners fast enough there (need a well modded melee weapon) and not dying too much (often by Gorth or Zura), it provides a far superior endo count.

People are still in the process of realising that the SP bonus is not a non factor at at all :)

15 hours ago, (PS4)BMWWOW said:

Ran this experiment, found that the ideal dome size seems to be around 60%-80%.  Larger than that and the enemies get caught overhead flailing around (making loops literally), and smaller than that there seems to be MUCH more trouble getting the Larva centered inside the dome.  People keep mentioning Larva Burst but again you do not want the enemies dying from Toxin - you want them dying from Slash.

Idealists also keep mentioning this magical "kill them only on the dome" concept, however with a small dome and all the tentacles flailing about it gets very blurred, hence the "just attack the center" concept, especially when teaching beginners.  The animations, rag-dolling, etc make for a big jumbled mess in that Larva / Dome lump.  A Slash-build Kohm up close makes short work of it all, and trying to aim for only the guys on the small dome definitely slows it down.  Nothing wrong with aiming for Dome-caught bodies if you have the skill to do so QUICKLY.

15 hours ago, Nailclipper said:

That 60-80% range sounds about right. So now that you have tried small and big dome, which one provides a bigger number of endo/time?

I did mention killing enemies on the dome and not on the Larva ball because that's the original idea, which is to use Larva as a mean to transfer the enemies to the dome so that the dome can do the pillaging/looting. In practice you just flail around and inside the dome with your melee weapon, except Nidus who usually doesn't participate because he's busy spamming his 1 sec Larva.

Here is a link to my Khora build with 79% range. It works fantastically. If you don't want to spend the umbral forma, switch out the umbral mods for basic ones and switch augur message out for constitution.

2 minutes ago, _Tormex_ said:

Here is a link to my Khora build with 79% range. It works fantastically. If you don't want to spend the umbral forma, switch out the umbral mods for basic ones and switch augur message out for constitution.

I put Flame Repellent on my Khora so I can survive Zura's lava floor shenanigans on steel path. It killed my tank Inaros in like 2-3 seconds.

Maybe Rolling Guard works too if you can time it right.

1 minute ago, Nailclipper said:

I put Flame Repellent on my Khora so I can survive Zura's lava floor shenanigans on steel path. It killed my tank Inaros in like 2-3 seconds.

Maybe Rolling Guard works too if you can time it right.

Rolling guard is on my arbitration build, might be nice in place of fiber.

Archived