Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think vauban needs a slight QOL change

(PSN)KremeDelight

Vaubans 4th ability when held, turns it into some type of a black hole for lack of better words. This is actually a really good ability to have but often when using it on tile sets like (for example hydron) enemies are being sucked into a wall and they just stay there until the duration is up just because they're in the range (especially if your running a range build) I think a nice change would be to make the enemies have to be within line of sight of the 4 rather than if they are just in range. (Sorry if this is worded poorly, I'm in a rush and I would like to get this out as quick as possible in hopes that DE sees this and makes some changes)

23 minutes ago, (PS4)KremeDelight said:

when using it on tile sets like (for example hydron) enemies are being sucked into a wall and they just stay there until the duration is up

Indeed this can be bothersome.

In the meantime, there are some workarounds (speaking of Hydron) :
- you can throw the Vortex at the ceiling, basically sucking in enemies getting close to the pod, with no obstacle in the way
- you can throw Flechette Orbs at spots enemies are likely to get stuck, thus still having some way to deal with them
- or the opposite: throw a Flechette Orb in the Vortex, and personally deal with enemies stuck around

Line if sight would make no sense since it's a magnetic vortex. It's suppose to pull enemies on the other side of walls.

It's a CC that needs thinking. Hydron you just throw it at the ceiling most things will get caught there. You can also see damage numbers, and or have a radar on to see where they are.

Simply put as well. Build less range. So they only start getting pulled near the objectives if it's causing a problem for you to keep up with how it works.

14 hours ago, (PS4)KremeDelight said:

Vaubans 4th ability when held, turns it into some type of a black hole for lack of better words. This is actually a really good ability to have but often when using it on tile sets like (for example hydron) enemies are being sucked into a wall and they just stay there until the duration is up just because they're in the range (especially if your running a range build) I think a nice change would be to make the enemies have to be within line of sight of the 4 rather than if they are just in range. (Sorry if this is worded poorly, I'm in a rush and I would like to get this out as quick as possible in hopes that DE sees this and makes some changes)

No dude... Just no...

On 2020-09-04 at 5:07 PM, (PS4)KremeDelight said:

(especially if your running a range build)

Well there's your Solution right there...Reduce your Range :)

On 2020-09-04 at 5:07 PM, (PS4)KremeDelight said:

I think a nice change would be to make the enemies have to be within line of sight of the 4 rather than if they are just in range.

That's what the Tether Coils are For.... And they need changes way more than Vortex does....

On 2020-09-04 at 5:39 PM, maycne.sonahoz said:

you can throw the Vortex at the ceiling, basically sucking in enemies getting close to the pod, with no obstacle in the way

Doesn't the Effect only work when the Grenade touches the Floor ?

I thought only Photon Strike has Mid Air Detonation 😮

On 2020-09-04 at 5:39 PM, maycne.sonahoz said:

or the opposite: throw a Flechette Orb in the Vortex, and personally deal with enemies stuck around

This is my Go To Strategy.... It's works :)

On 2020-09-04 at 9:30 PM, Mr.Holyroller said:

Vortex being limited to line of sight would kill the ability

Indeed.... Especially since I noticed some Line Of Sight Abilities can be blocked by The Enemy Models themselves 😮.

Vauban has some great abilities, but he's also kind of a mess. I don't know why the low-impact Tesla drones weren't merged into the utility belt instead of Bastille and Vortex being combined, which is super awkward. The invert tap/hold option has no effect on it. And to make it weirder, now that Vortex has the same radius as Bastille, why would anyone ever use Bastille? Then there's the weirdness of Flechette Orb being considerably better at killing things than Orbital Strike. Why did they give the utility belt turret scaling damage over the new flashy signature nuke, which doesn't even leave a blast proc for my CO melee?

7 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Vauban has some great abilities, but he's also kind of a mess. I don't know why the low-impact Tesla drones weren't merged into the utility belt instead of Bastille and Vortex being combined, which is super awkward. The invert tap/hold option has no effect on it. And to make it weirder, now that Vortex has the same radius as Bastille, why would anyone ever use Bastille? Then there's the weirdness of Flechette Orb being considerably better at killing things than Orbital Strike. Why did they give the utility belt turret scaling damage over the new flashy signature nuke, which doesn't even leave a blast proc for my CO melee?

Nervoses are a passive cc and enemy locator, I use them to find clumps of enemies and hold them there so I can personally go to kill them.

Bastille gives 1000 armor while inside and strips armor, vortex doesn't.  I actually run an interesting low duration high strength range build where I pop a Bastille, it strips all armor then groups enemies automatically, and I kill them all.  Also, vortex is chaotic enough that it is hard to consistently get headshots on cc'd enemies, where Bastille has no such issue.

Flechette orb and orbital strike have the same damage scaling, with every 10 levels adding 100% base damage.  It's just that orbital strike deals blast with flechette dealing puncture, so despite the ~10x higher base damage, enemies with armor are generally weak to puncture and resistant to blast, making the flechette orbs better overall.

18 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Bastille and Vortex being combined, which is super awkward. The invert tap/hold option has no effect on it. And to make it weirder, now that Vortex has the same radius as Bastille, why would anyone ever use Bastille? 

As already mentioned Bastille Strips Armor and Vortex Doesnt so that's one reason they are two different abilities.... That being said...what you say leaves me to wonder if this Distinction between these two Abilities feels a little Forced.... I mean you could simply move to Stripping Functionality to Vortex and all of a sudden Bastille would have WAAAAAAY less reason to use it. 

11 hours ago, (NSW)Blackoween said:

Also, vortex is chaotic enough that it is hard to consistently get headshots on cc'd enemies, where Bastille has no such issue.

In the case of Vortex it Benefits Melee Weapons more than Guns... 

Enemies that a Ragdolled by the Vortex seem like they will trigger a grind Finisher Animation when you hit them...

This is good for Weapons like Swords... I believe All Swords (including Heavy Blades) have a Forced Slash Proc when performing a ground Finisher.... 

On top of that I believe Grind Finisherz deal 4X Damage or something like that....

I stand corrected on Orbital Strike, it feels pretty good in conjunction with Flechette on a low duration build, which is great stuff! I still generally prefer Vortex to Bastille and still don't care for Tesla drones much, but I've felt pretty good about replacing Tesla with Hildryn's Pillage from Helminth.

On 2020-09-11 at 7:30 AM, Lutesque said:

Doesn't the Effect only work when the Grenade touches the Floor ?

The 4 works in the air. Flechette grenades though, require a ground hit.

On 2020-09-11 at 7:55 AM, Xylena_Lazarow said:

I use both all the time in different scenarios and I use High range and High duration. It I can use this on mobile defense and cc them for most of the defend point. Over 30 seconds of Bastille and then activate Vortex to get another 30+ seconds. Then you got other scenarios too, like Bastille is a nice Oh **** button that can save you from dying and other good stuff.

Archived