Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Steel Path King

kwlingo

Without the help of the Helminth abilities, Vauban is truly a God on High level content. The setup I have is synergy of room CC with Bastille 3.5 second 100% armor strip making all enemies like fighting level 10 enemies expect those tankers? Not sure why they so tanky. lol

The only time Ive seen anything that comes close to this set up on efficiency in damage and kills is Protea with Larval. Im curious if the Garuda with Breach Surge would be effective on this HoD tile set? I would like to see a video on open world testing on that synergy. I think Ive seen nukers with Pillage also can come close to the power of CC and Vortex nuking.

Enjoy a quick clip.

An actual build would have probably helped,

most of your squad was a non DPS squad so i wouldnt consider it a great comparison.

I am not saying what you have shown is false, i am saying it is not a very good reference.

Vauban has great potential , if you are willing to put effort in the play ,

Unfortunately most players don't want to play the game , they want to skip as much of the game as possible and for that other frames are better.

Also , if you are focusing on damage , you may want to look at the tesla bank augment and use your nail mine more frequently.

2 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Unfortunately most players don't want to play the game , they want to skip as much of the game as possible and for that other frames are better.

Also , if you are focusing on damage , you may want to look at the tesla bank augment.

lol So true why is everyone into nuking abilities and now wanting to actually play the game these days?

Ive never tested the augment but from what it looks like sounds like a lot of fun with nuking potentials.

4 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Or you could go brrrr with Mesa:

Ive gone into missions with Mesa, Saryn, Octavia, Volts and Embers but unless they are using Pillage they have a hard time doing much quick DPS with Steel Path Sortie content.

4 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Congratulations! Now play the same against high level corpus or SP  corpus demolists...

For that I always bring Redeemer P. and yes the armor strip works on demos also but that is only for a short while and magnus lock down. lol If only DE allowed it for them to be caught like ensnare with Khora.

2 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

Ive gone into missions with Mesa, Saryn, Octavia, Volts and Embers but unless they are using Pillage they have a hard time doing much quick DPS with Steel Path Sortie content.

I've never used pillage and solo most of steel path. You don't need pillage to be effective with those frames. Most of those frames work. Just add adaption on to most of those builds and your fine. If you need the extra survival. 

1 minute ago, Traumtulpe said:

They are probably doing something wrong.

NOHJubT.png

I sometimes wonder if I'd be able to go that long in missions but I just don't have the patience. I think my longest SP survival was an hour-long Khora mutagen farm in the Derelict pre-HoD before the boredom started to seep in.

Dude if you were gonna show how much of a god vauban is. You should of shown off what he can do by himself. Kinda hard to tell how good he is when your in a team and your getting buffs from them. Mainly wisp's buff that are helping your survive. 

2 minutes ago, Brosef42 said:

Dude if you were gonna show how much of a god vauban is. You should of shown off what he can do by himself. Kinda hard to tell how good he is when your in a team and your getting buffs from them. Mainly wisp's buff that are helping your survive. 

Sorry, I didn't record when I was doing the mission solo or without a healer. The results are the same. Decaying Dragon key is a cheat to invariability phases, especially frames that cast a lot of abilities.

4 minutes ago, Alpheus said:

I sometimes wonder if I'd be able to go that long in missions but I just don't have the patience. I think my longest SP survival was an hour-long Khora mutagen farm in the Derelict pre-HoD before the boredom started to seep in.

Same here going into any mission longer than an hour gets too boring. It will just be a camp site at that point. Who's got the crackers, chocolate and s'mores? Prop to people who can sit in one corner

1 minute ago, kwlingo said:

The key word is "quick DPS." Also in open world when you are jumping from one location they have to start over building up the damage.

Really, any CO melee with a Nukor lets any frame absolutely melt most things. I can blast the Juguluses and Balloons down in no time with my Wukong without any armor stripping, just my Nukor and lightsaber.

1 minute ago, kwlingo said:

The key word is "quick DPS." Also in open world when you are jumping from one location they have to start over building up the damage.

Mesa is pretty much the fastest DPS in the game (if you get rid of armor), and 22k spores may look nice in the picture, but it didn't kill anything but Butchers (level 5000) - with Saryn I rely mostly on Toxic Lash and a very fast Melee weapon with high range.

14 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

(if you get rid of armor)

Yes you need the helminth for that. Since Mesa doesn't come with that. lol

14 hours ago, Alpheus said:

Really, any CO melee with a Nukor lets any frame absolutely melt most things. I can blast the Juguluses and Balloons down in no time with my Wukong without any armor stripping, just my Nukor and lightsaber.

But you cannot group and entire room, "possible infinite enemies if they all spawn in the area", strip 100% armor and close them into one center location and kill them all at one instance.... anything else you can say??? lol That is the power of Vauban that no other frame can do. Nidus can bring them together but doesn't have any way to do a 100% strip.

14 hours ago, Alpheus said:

If you set it to solo, you can pause the game to take breaks. My mission time is generally double that of my actual survival time for example.

6 minutes ago, Galuf said:

30mn run LOL. I would be surprised if one of my sp bounties lasted more than 20. It never involves vauban but Vauban should be ok.

It all depends on the bugs and how enemy unit spawn. You should now that by now. if they all spawn away from each other there is no way you can quicken the range at the location the spawn unless there is a trick somewhere. But when enemies spawn all the the right places ive been able to do is under 12 mins. Fastest was probably around 10min.

Also Vauban actually requires playing and not letting your abilities nuke the map. lol

13 hours ago, kwlingo said:

That is the power of Vauban that no other frame can do.

Sounds to me like you're just overselling Vauban without knowing how to do it on the frames that can. I do it on both Nidus and Grendel just fine, without the need for complete armor stripping, because as I said before CO is a monster when it's used with a Nukor.

1 hour ago, Alpheus said:

Sounds to me like you're just overselling Vauban without knowing how to do it on the frames that can. I do it on both Nidus and Grendel just fine, without the need for complete armor stripping, because as I said before CO is a monster when it's used with a Nukor.

When you strip 100% armor nukor isnt really needed any longer. Viral and the proc on the melee is enough, especially if it slashes.

3 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I kept touching those Nullifier bubbles since I exclusively melee. Those instantly delete 1/3 of your Spores when your little toe grazes them.

I pretty much always keep a utility primary/secondary to deal with nulli bubbles and prime for CO if i feel like it. Lega prisim on your amp is another option. Void dash with magus lockdown and pop bubble with amp before switching back to frame. 

Archived