Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pay To Win And Warframe

TheJagji

Dose not work.

The ONLY way Warframe can become Pay to Win is if DE decided to switch the focus of the game as a whole to PvP. At this time, it is NOT a PvP game, so please someone tell me how its pay to win? I for one, am kind of sick of people saying it is  P2W without having any idea of what there actually saying.

This game definitely is not pay to win, there are no bad lowbie weapons or frames.

I.E. I am working my ol' Mk-1 Braton up with forma sense it is the highest accuracy bullet type gun in the game

to use and take advantage of Full serration and heavy caliber and still have accuracy left over.

It's a long grind i know but you don't have to buy anything it just takes more time.

pay to benefit =/= pay to win...

pay to win would imply that everything to make the best build would require real cash...

however, with enough time, even free to play players can make a good build...

but, i will say the slots is ridiculous.....8 is DEFINITELY not enough for people to effectively gain mastery points.

pay to benefit =/= pay to win...

pay to win would imply that everything to make the best build would require real cash...

however, with enough time, even free to play players can make a good build...

but, i will say the slots is ridiculous.....8 is DEFINITELY not enough for people to effectively gain mastery points.

Why? You can always have one "good" set of weapons and one levelling set. If you level one that's better than your good one, sell the good one. You can clear all the content and level everything that way.

But I can see the desire not to sell off your gear, that's why I bought a founder package and only buy slots/cosmetics, I like acquiring everything. I think I could've gotten by on the noob amount of slots if I wanted to though... Plus event weapons tend to give slots, and you get like 50-100 free plat for free depending on when you start.

Guest DeadGoanna

If someone says warframe is pay to win just ignore them.

It's just classic trolling in a game with a cash shop.

It means nothing.

I like to call Warframe "Pay to lose".

Why?
Because if you spend money on the game without being extremely careful, you end up wasting a lot of money (Mod packs, credit packs, and the like).
The only things that really give you any advantage in the shop are potatoes, Forma, and boosters, all of which are either obtainable through other means or simply not pay to win (boosters are very rarely an argument for pay to win).

Dose not work.

The ONLY way Warframe can become Pay to Win is if DE decided to switch the focus of the game as a whole to PvP. At this time, it is NOT a PvP game, so please someone tell me how its pay to win? I for one, am kind of sick of people saying it is  P2W without having any idea of what there actually saying.

wrong logic. you can win in pve too.

Dose not work.

The peeps who say WF is P2W is those with no patience. Seriously, if you can't wait 12hours/24hours/72hours for a forma/potatoes/guns/frames. I suggest you do a self checkup and find something to do in your life.

I have around 4.5K plat and only a few times where I use it to rush items that I really want to tryout and see if its my taste. 

The peeps who say WF is P2W is those with no patience. Seriously, if you can't wait 12hours/24hours/72hours for a forma/potatoes/guns/frames. I suggest you do a self checkup and find something to do in your life.

I have around 4.5K plat and only a few times where I use it to rush items that I really want to tryout and see if its my taste. 

Well said. I accidentally lost 75 plat (50 once, and 25 after that), both because the stupid UI glitched out and rushed my Rhino and Vasto. Boy was I pissed.

Posting2Whine

This and when DE released a weapon/item/wateverthehell that helps you breeze through the game and triumph against other players in PvP which could only be obtained from paying real money which is Platinum, that is P2W.

Right now? STFU and stop using word that you don't understand its meaning.

Warframe is Pay 2 Save Time.

Every frame a newbie starts off with is just as capable as the others.

The most powerful weapons are clantech, most of the game is behind a grind, not a pay wall.

The only thing I find a little suspect is the platinum pricing.

Pay to win situation occurs when purchasing weapons and equipment is possible and no way to get them by normal means. So far, every weapon and Warframe in the game can be bought with in game credits or farmed for it. Also, since there is no PvP (not serious one anyways with consequences and rewards), so there is no "win". 

/EoD 

Edited by Glazy