Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE should really consider changing some voice lines...

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

Or at least record more and let voice acting evolve over time the deeper we get into the game. 

because we haven’t been “honorable” or “ninjas” for sometime if ever. And saying “for the lotus” is vary gringy at the point I am in this game ,as if the lotus simulation by Ordis wasn’t gringy enough.

DE please work on these voice lines, moreover the cannon of the voice lines over time.  

My friend often says "Are you sure we're the good guys?" while we play.

There my Grendel is, eating humans by the dozens like some kind of nightmare, then my operator chimes in "WE FOUGHT WITH HONOR!". Yeah, keep telling yourself that kid. Its also hilarious when I'm in the middle of a survival mission after I purposefully trigger the alarms to start and I being blasting everything in sight, then she says "If we don't alert them this might be easier". Yeah, should have thought about that before you set off the alarms to get their attention dweeb.

the only voice line I want corrected is one from the profit taker bounties, since its incorrect. it says "take them down before the keys expire and we lose our chance". it should be "take them down before the keys expire OR we lose our chance" or "take them down AFTER the keys expire and we lose our chance"

yes, the dialogue is pretty bad. would actually prefer to be overly-edgy at this point, ti would be funny and more appropriate for my character. of course, recording Voice lines takes time, something something writing is hard, but it would be nice. sadly I don't think we'll see any new operator lines until The New War/Planes of Duviri, and even that's not a guarantee.

2 hours ago, DeccanTraps said:

While  we're at it, I don't know who thought having Loid refer to infested doors as Cloaca was better than using "sphincter'' but it so is not.

I wish either DE knew more biology, or I knew less.

So I did hear that right. I did hear cloaca. 
I also wish I did not know what a cloaca was. Whelp.

52 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

the only voice line I want corrected is one from the profit taker bounties, since its incorrect. it says "take them down before the keys expire and we lose our chance". it should be "take them down before the keys expire OR we lose our chance" or "take them down AFTER the keys expire and we lose our chance"

Technically the way it is currently is correct, it just hits the ear wrong.

When the keys expire we do lose our chance so "and" works there, its just the structure of the sentence that makes it look and sound off. A better way to phrase it would have been "take them down quickly or else the keys will expire and we'll lose our chance" but the way it is currently better embodies the haste of the situation where people aren't being overly picky with their phrasing.

The third one isn't correct at all though, because it is missing the before qualifier which means that you'd have to take the enemies out after the keys expire, the second one would also need a "we'll" if it uses "or" in that position otherwise it would be grammatically incorrect.

As for the main topic of "honor" we're still fighting with more honor than 90% of the Grineer/Corpus top brass who will lie/cheat/steal/destroy/pillage their way through people who can't fight back, conversely we're only attacking aggressors, we never threaten or assault any of the neutral factions unless they do things like send kill squads after us, and we don't seek revenge against them, we just take down the squad and continue with our mission.

3 hours ago, DeccanTraps said:

While  we're at it, I don't know who thought having Loid refer to infested doors as Cloaca was better than using "sphincter'' but it so is not.

I wish either DE knew more biology, or I knew less.

Seriously. I work with animals, and know exactly what it is. I thought I was hearing things. Friend I play with had to ask, thinking it was only 1/2 of what is reality... he's 26... and me, knowing anatomy, had to explain it...

Going through those doors has never been the same...

5 minutes ago, (XB1)ZDragonLord X said:

Seriously. I work with animals, and know exactly what it is. I thought I was hearing things. Friend I play with had to ask, thinking it was only 1/2 of what is reality... he's 26... and me, knowing anatomy, had to explain it...

Going through those doors has never been the same...

The doors to which we have to apply goo, so they open up and let us deeper inside...

5 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

My friend often says "Are you sure we're the good guys?" while we play.

There my Grendel is, eating humans by the dozens like some kind of nightmare, then my operator chimes in "WE FOUGHT WITH HONOR!". Yeah, keep telling yourself that kid. Its also hilarious when I'm in the middle of a survival mission after I purposefully trigger the alarms to start and I being blasting everything in sight, then she says "If we don't alert them this might be easier". Yeah, should have thought about that before you set off the alarms to get their attention dweeb.

We’re not fighting humans. Also it’s well established that the Grineer, Corpus, and especially the infested are not good guys.

17 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

We’re not fighting humans. Also it’s well established that the Grineer, Corpus, and especially the infested are not good guys.

Weird they look human to me.

Matt Leblanc Reaction GIF

Obviously the Grineer/Corpus/Infested are not the good guys but neither are the Tenno. We're just another rogue faction out for our own blood-stained interests. Helping whichever faction pays better and accepting contracts to assassinate leaders of either one at a moments notice.

5 hours ago, Miser_able said:

There's nothing wrong with "take them down before the keys expire and we lose our chance." The sentence "Verb before event and (consequence of event)" is correct

In fact, your suggestions are both wrong. Let's break these down:

• "take them down before the keys expire OR we lose our chance"? So... "take them down before the keys expire OR take them down before we lose our chance"? That's not correct
  • "take them down AFTER the keys expire and we lose our chance" just makes no sense

Archived