Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I believe Deimos needs a bigger boss.

(PSN)LeBlingKing

The Warframe Wiki has a sub-category of enemies known as Grand Bosses.

Grand Bosses are essentially the bosses that make use of the fact that they are located in an OPEN SANDBOX TILESET where they can interact with the environment and use it to their advantage if need be.

Plains of Eidolon? The Eidolons.

Orb Vallis? The Orb Mothers.

I KNOW that the Drift isn't nearly as big as the other Landscape Tilesets. However, I believe it's still big enough that we could introduce a gigantic horrid beast that could roam the place come Fass-time or Vome-time.

Speaking of Fass and Vome, I kinda wish that they had a bigger role in changing how the landscape acts. 

You have these TWO ANCIENT ELDRITCH ABOMINATIONS THAT ARE PRESUMABLY LEPHANTIS-AGED AND THREE TIMES ITS HEIGHT. And what exactly are the Orokin-descended, Void-powered war machines doing about them?

They're taking their slaughtered remains and using them to catch fish.

I know that Daughter said that Fass and Vome have other things to worry about (i.e. each other), but so do the Eidolons trying to attach their fragmented minds and bodies back together, and the Tenno slaughter 20 of them in a single night-cycle.

Just a thought.

It is the piece of content I'm the most hyped about. New bosses with new convoluted mechanics that makes no sense without google search so new oportunities to git gud at something :D

Those bosses got soft datamined, I haven't looked at the names but there are some tokens and stuffs tieds to them in the binary already.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

TWO ANCIENT ELDRITCH ABOMINATIONS THAT ARE PRESUMABLY LEPHANTIS-AGED AND THREE TIMES ITS HEIGHT. And what exactly are the Orokin-descended, Void-powered war machines doing about them?

It ain't much, but it's honest work.

But for real, I would like to see something, like (if it were up to me) a third wyrm type that comes up and starts causing trouble for both fass and vome, disrupting the cycle of the wyrms and the whole moon of deimos itself and we have to find a way to destroy it using our new-found mechs

3 minutes ago, (XB1)uknowthisguy said:

But for real, I would like to see something, like (if it were up to me) a third wyrm type that comes up and starts causing trouble for both fass and vome, disrupting the cycle of the wyrms and the whole moon of deimos itself and we have to find a way to destroy it using our new-found mechs

This sounds like a very doable Tactical Alert/Event type thing akin to Plague Star. I'm all for it.

1 hour ago, Hardwood said:

They are almost certainly going to add one.

Orb Mother wasn't available at release, they had a whole lead up to it.

neither were 2 of the eidolons or the 3rd orb that they have promised still..also lich boss for railjack. Presumably someday we will get the bosses we are missing in zones that feel like it would fit well

Definitely feels like there's something big that might be on it's way (and need Necramechs to defeat it, perhaps?)... though I can see the remarkably small space of The Cambion Drift being a bit of an issue on that department. Maybe it'll have to do something with that Cerebrum Magna chamber...? 

EDIT: And the rumor mill has it that a broken prompt actually appears in the Cerebrum Magna when in a Necramech - prompting the player to jump in. Perhaps we're going to leap into the brain area, and fight whatever monster erupts from the ground as an immune response to our attempting to lobotomize the living moon and sterilize it? Gross - but fittingly so. 

13 minutes ago, mrhapps said:

neither were 2 of the eidolons or the 3rd orb that they have promised still..also lich boss for railjack. Presumably someday we will get the bosses we are missing in zones that feel like it would fit well

The Warframe development cycle is announcement based. They announce a bunch of stuff that sounds cool so that people will start playing Warframe then they start developing their next announcement so they can get people to play Warframe.

2 hours ago, Galuf said:

It is the piece of content I'm the most hyped about. New bosses with new convoluted mechanics that makes no sense without google search so new oportunities to git gud at something :D

Those bosses got soft datamined, I haven't looked at the names but there are some tokens and stuffs tieds to them in the binary already.

Inb4 "it's too complicated" complaint thread like reaching alert level 4 in Profit-Taker to make her come down because it's mentally taxing for a Tenno

What I would have liked was if the blue one is up the Nekromechs turn on. They should have scattered Mech body’s all over and when blue is up they detect an enemy turn on and begin purging the area. To them the orange one they don’t see as a threat. That or make the blue one emit the same energy as the mechs so they gain power when it’s up.

Then we can kill mechs when it’s blue to farm mods or something. A big boss can come later.

On 2020-09-05 at 12:24 AM, BDMblue said:

What I would have liked was if the blue one is up the Nekromechs turn on. They should have scattered Mech body’s all over and when blue is up they detect an enemy turn on and begin purging the area. To them the orange one they don’t see as a threat. That or make the blue one emit the same energy as the mechs so they gain power when it’s up.

Then we can kill mechs when it’s blue to farm mods or something. A big boss can come later.

Id like the big boss more the necramechs alredy do most of the stuff you sead turning on when vome is up as well as geting a power and health regeneration boost and when fass is up there deactivated 

On 2020-09-04 at 9:52 PM, Galuf said:

Can you link the datamine id like to see the names and the stuff tied to them ?

while impressive "looking" i personally dislike giant enemies, the game just is not giant-enemy friendly, you end up not being able to see a blasted thing or end up staring at the mobs at stupid camera angles where you cant see where you are going, what you are doing or what smaller mobs are near you.  Warframe isnt like wow or other rpg/mmo games where a giant mob still fits into the camera view as you comfortably zoom in/out to suit yourself, giant mobs instead just end up a pretty looking annoyance.

The only exception i find is being stuck in archwing or using titania (prett much the same thing), tho archwings still get shot out of the sky with ease.

On 2020-09-04 at 10:50 PM, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

The Warframe Wiki has a sub-category of enemies known as Grand Bosses.

Grand Bosses are essentially the bosses that make use of the fact that they are located in an OPEN SANDBOX TILESET where they can interact with the environment and use it to their advantage if need be.

Plains of Eidolon? The Eidolons.

Orb Vallis? The Orb Mothers.

I KNOW that the Drift isn't nearly as big as the other Landscape Tilesets. However, I believe it's still big enough that we could introduce a gigantic horrid beast that could roam the place come Fass-time or Vome-time.

Speaking of Fass and Vome, I kinda wish that they had a bigger role in changing how the landscape acts. 

You have these TWO ANCIENT ELDRITCH ABOMINATIONS THAT ARE PRESUMABLY LEPHANTIS-AGED AND THREE TIMES ITS HEIGHT. And what exactly are the Orokin-descended, Void-powered war machines doing about them?

I know that Daughter said that Fass and Vome have other things to worry about (i.e. each other), but so do the Eidolons trying to attach their fragmented minds and bodies back together, and the Tenno slaughter 20 of them in a single night-cycle.

Just a thought.

It took a while to get the Orbs (and we still haven't got all of them yet). At some point I would be surprised if we didn't get something Wyrm related as a boss fight. Maybe they'll do a meiotic fusion, and spawn a mini wyrm we have to destroy or risk the Infestation finally being able to consume the whole of Deimos or something. 

But they needed to get the update out in a really short time, so I can understand not getting all the bells and whistles at the same time. 

On 2020-09-05 at 3:50 AM, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

Just a thought.

judging by the way the animals and fish cycle based around the light of the Wyrms, and also the meaning of the words Fass and Vome (unlocks about rank 3 ish with both Entrati and Necroloid.), i would say that Fass and Vome are essential to the Deimos ecosystem, and that killing one or both of them would cause a catastrophic imbalance that would likely do far more harm than good to Deimos and the Entrati family. as such, those wyrms should be left intact.

but that's not to say that we can't get a third Wyrm, maybe called Netra (the meaning of this word is separate from Fass and Vome, and arguably is more powerful) this would be a "bad" wyrm, a very powerful creature that fights both Vome and Fass, and seeks only the absolute destruction of all non-infested life on Deimos, an this Wyrm must be destroyed. but of course, it will regenerate as Fass and Vome do, though it would only appear during a special bounty for it. bonus points if it has edgy red or Toxic Green light!

Archived