Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seer Or Ballistica?

TheStag

Question

I want one long range sidearm, and I already went through the long grinding process to get the Seer. I really like it, and it as a zoom. Should I craft the Ballistica to replace it or should I keep the Seer?

Edit: Please actually read this, and remember I am trying to see which one of these is best for LONG RANGE. >:O

Edited by TheStag

20 answers to this question

I much prefer the single Vasto to the Duals for long range shooting. The single Vasto is a better single shooter than the Latron =(

OP could also try the Lex. It is credit only, so somewhat easier to get. I potatoed mine, and can reliably OHK with headshots all the way to Phobos, and that is using a Supress mod.

My Ballistica is not 30 yet, but so far I love the charge shot damage and accuracy, and the bursts are fun to watch with multishot.

Ballistica is better, simply because it deals physics impact damage.

That said, Seer is faster RoF and reload, and faster projectile speed. So if they manage to make non-AI weapons viable again it'll be a closer competition.

Factor in that the Ballistica can take out multiple targets through the pinning effect, and its my favorite mid-long range sidearm atm.

The seer is actually better for damage than the Lex (and that's taking into account the Lex's 15% crit chance). I love using my Seer! I currently have mine with a maxed Stunning Speed and Fast Hands (or whichever one was for the pistol), and the 40% stun on it makes it amazing. Oddly enough, the ballistica can sometimes ragdoll with stun mods (with multishot at least).

I would go with the Seer, it's abit hard to get used to, but then it rocks (like the Dera). Ballistica sounds too much like Soma's little sister.

Seer has a huge recoil. This lowers its actual DPS.

since it's basically a sniper pistol, DPS isn't that important as you will need time to move the aim to make a new headshot on a new enemy.

why not both?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Dude, I am sick of this meme. I am spending all of my money on some cold weather running outerwear for my upcoming races. Platinum? Ain't nobody got time for dat! After my races I do plan to buy platinum to be spent only on frame and weapon slots, but that will be a while.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Dude, I am sick of this meme. I am spending all of my money on some cold weather running outerwear for my upcoming races. Platinum? Ain't nobody got time for dat! After my races I do plan to buy platinum to be spent only on frame and weapon slots, but that will be a while.

I wasn't intentionally referencing anything but okay.

a Ballistica with maxed fire rate can fire 2 charged shot per second, and those can skewer if it kills, with my experience, i was killing multiple grineers per-shot, also,  a charged shot was strong enough to 1-shot ~lv60 grineers. my experience comes from a ballistica with a potato but no forma.

a seer on the other hand, it's a weapon with travel time but no armor ignore. the damage isnt particularly high to justify having to lead your shots.