Some subsume builds I tried

JackHargreav

I thought I would share some of my subsume builds cause why not.

The first thing I tried out was Titania with Well of life. And surprisingly it worked very well. With Titania the only thing I was missing is obviously the healing since Titania only has a tiny bit of passive healing that needs you to cast any of your abilities. This passive is not terrible. Bit It's far from perfect. So went with Well of life on her. (I replaced Tribute)

I know there's Blood altar from garuda but as far as I know that ability is kinda buggy but it might be more worth it. Also Well of life gives you health for shooting the target which is not ideal but it can be handy.

Protea got Pillage, Rest & Rage and Lull. Pillage is obvious I guess. On high level missions Grenade Fan is slow and weak for shield replenish so Pillage is there for both armor and shield strip as well as for fast shield restoration.

Edit: I also tried out Pull and Condemn. Pull was great for Cc-ing enemies on steelpath and keeping my shields up since enemies couldn't shoot me. 

Condemn was great against infested. It freezes all enemy types which means it will not only work on Osprays but it will also work on the Jugulus so it can't shoot you with the gas projectiles. However I replaced Grenade Fan because rewinding time helps a lot when I get a Gas proc on me eventually. 

Lull is more of an experimental thing It's a nice cc ability but I don't use it a whole lot. And Rest& Rage is similar except Rest is faster and costs less. No I'm not gonna try out Larva on her but  I will try out Condemn. Since her biggest problem is defense and Cc. And on paper this ability would fix both.

Valkyr with Pull. Damn this build is fun. I could have used Larva or Rest or Lull. But Pull somehow just works better. I guess It's because Pull is not only instant but it doesn't need LoS. And also It's an ability that pulls the enemy towards you which is very useful with a warcry build.

The last frame is Umbra and again Well of life. Simply because Umbra doesn't need cc or dps or more tankiness. The only problem I ever had was the healing since I needed Life strike or Operator to heal him but I kinda hate both of those options since Life strike needs me to do a Heavy attack and the Operator is... the operator. I don't want to leave my frame everytime I need healing. And there better arcane options for the operator.

Currently I'm wondering what I could do to Hildryn. Pull would be nice to give her a better Cc but Condemn also seems like a good option.

If you wonder I didn't use Reave for healing well the simple answer is that, It's slow. The cast speed is not great and it's uncomfortable to controll. However it can remove status procs so on some frames it might be a better choice.

Edit 2: I also tried out Khora with well of life and got rid of Venari, the 3rd ability. If you remove Venari she still stays with you however you can't use Venari Bodyguard. And Venari will use It's attack from all times.

Hydroid currently has Pillage on him instead Tidal Surge and wow. It turns Hydroid into a pseudo Wukong. You are able to cast Pillage even from Undertow, so without an augment you are able to strip both shields and armor in a large area.

Nezha also has WoF so he doesn't have to rely on his Blazing Chakram and it gives him more support. 

Edit 3: Hildryn got Condemn and it wasn't very good. It's only worth using if you have a lot of enemies around you as the cost of the ability is really high. 250 shields and you get back 150 unmodded. With about 180% Strength you get back 260 shields. 

Edit 4: Grendel with Roar is a pretty good choice. Activate Roar eat the enemies and you will not only strip armor faster but spitting them out will do even more damage.

So what did you try out so far? Other than not trying anything cause "I have no resources".

Edited by JackHargreav
  • Like 5

il y a 26 minutes, JackHargreav a dit :

Valkyr with Pull. Damn this build is fun. I could have used Larva or Rest or Lull. But Pull somehow just works better. I guess It's because Pull is not only instant but it doesn't need LoS. And also It's an ability that pulls the enemy towards you which is very useful with a warcry build.

200?cb=20171007153935

• Like 8

1 minute ago, lukinu_u said:

200?cb=20171007153935

Everyone keeps saying that Prolonged Paralysis is good but I find it borderline garbage. Small range and Line of sight makes this ability pretty bad. It's only saving grace is the low energy cost and it's effectiveness when it works.

Because of course this is another one of those abilities that only works whenever it feels like it.

Otherwise I would love this ability. I even made a full build around this augment and eternal war. The two together can be really fun and effective. But again. Whenever Valkyr's 3rd works.

• Like 6

This is what i have tried so far:

- Loki with Radial Blind to replace his 4: Works rather well as radial blind forced mobs to open for finishing, and invisibility makes it an almost guaranteed kill (not that it has any difficulties before)

- Protea with Roar to replace her 4: Tried eclipse but since its not as reliable and only buff weapons whilst roar gives dmg buff for all aspect i kept roar

- Protea with Larva to replace her 4: It works alright. The truth is since i play mostly with squad by the time you gather them up most already dead either by squad mates or her 2, so in practical its less useful

- Umbra Ex with Warcry to replace his 1: This works out pretty well in combination with Eternal War and Chromatic Blade. As i get the bonus of att speed from WarCry i replaced Berserker with Motus Impact for the increase range of aerial melee, which i am yet to test if it effect the fall off or not.....

- Inaros with Reave to replace his 3: A lot of fun and its a good escape from group of mobs in Profiter fight, not to mention helps replenish his health after using his 4

Edit on 2020-09-22

New Addition

Loki with Rest & Rage to replace his 4: Make rescue a little simpler by sleeping them all. Rather fun to run with

Mag with Xata's whisper to replace her 1: Combine this with exergis, her magnetize kills even faster!

Saryn with Breach Surge: Keep the dps going. Tried with Smith as well but unfortunately Smite hitting a spored mob doesnt pop it, even with her 3 on......unless you really aim at the spore.

Protea with Breach Surge to replace her 4: Effective especially in Deimos. Her 1 with Breach Surge keeps those sparks going

Ember with Fire Walker to replace her 1: Help spreading those fire to keep her passive up

Titania with Shooting Gallery to replace her 3: Somewhat effective as long as you are not too far high up and away from mobs

Xaku with Pull to replace his 1: Farming build with max range for material farming. 4, 1, repeat....

Edited by greiff
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, greiff said:

This is what i have tried so far:

- Loki with Radial Blind to replace his 4: Works rather well as radial blind forced mobs to open for finishing, and invisibility makes it an almost guaranteed kill (not that it has any difficulties before)

- Protea with Roar to replace her 4: Tried eclipse but since its not as reliable and only buff ability whilst roar gives dmg buff for all aspect i kept roar

- Protea with Larva to replace her 4: It works alright. The truth is since i play mostly with squad by the time you gather them up most already dead either by squad mates or her 2, so in practical its less useful

Planning on trying next:

- Inaros with Reave to replace his 2 or 3: So Inaros can replenish his health after his 4 right away?

- Ember with Null Star to replace her 2: I wonder if it will take away her meter all together so her survival is better, but not burning through her energy so fast?

- Loki with Smite to replace his 4: Give him a little bit of dmg?

- Loki with Blood Altar to replace his 4

- Loki with Warcry to replace his 4: Melee for Steel path all day?

- Garuda with Breach Surge to replace her Blood Letting

Interesting. I haven't thought about modifing Loki. Warcry could be a great choice combined with Radial Disarm. Put down a decoy to lure enemies in and melee them.

With Ember, the meter will go away i'm sure. Since it only activates when her Immolation is casted.

So far I've tried:

• Breach Surge on Equinox, wasn't that good of a combo on her duality as my clone just kills to fast tbh. Didn't seem to combine with maim at all either? kind of a dud there.
  • Energized Munitions on Equinox for a Duality build with a Kuva Ayanga, and I love it. I can just shoot that gun forever with that and the energy cost is quite manageable. The Clone AI also works rather well with ayanga to boot. I am tempted to switch to a Mausolon though for that build, that might perform better overall with something like Roar...
  • Perspicacity on Loki & Wukong to run spy missions even faster. It works well with Loki tbh, although it's rather clunky given its 3s preparation time and ability to somehow fail if you try to hack to quickly. Wukong can't cast it during a cloud walk so it actually slows him down quite a bit if you want to use it, so that's not really great for him IMO. 
  • Pillage on Banshee & Nyx so far. It's a pretty darn good ability ofc, and I'm likely keeping it on nyx as she runs with a decent amount of range anyway. As for Banshee she still was quite squishy even with Pillage, so I'm looking for something better.
  • Quiver on Banshee, and that works quite darn well. Just pressing it once instantly places a bubble, and camping inside such a circle is a far better survival tool for her. But it feels quite boring tbh. I will try something else, but I can't deny that its effective.
  • Resonator on Vauban as I wanted something that helps him survive while he moves around and resonator felt like a good fit, unfortunately it's bugged and ignores range stat atm so its nigh useless and it's rather redundant when you're near your other cc anyway. Also tried it on Loki, but I ran into the "can't attack after using Resonator" bug there, though it seems like a good fit I can't really properly test it out atm without screwing myself over... ps. you can't switch teleport to a resonator...

I did grab Dispensary & Well of Life but haven't tried them out. Dispensary's 60% bile cost and low base duration is kind of holding me back from just wildly trying it atm, and I don't know on which frame I'd even want well of life atm.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wurmheart said:

Perspicacity on Loki & Wukong to run spy missions even faster. It works well with Loki tbh, although it's rather clunky given its 3s preparation time and ability to somehow fail if you try to hack to quickly. Wukong can't cast it during a cloud walk so it actually slows him down quite a bit if you want to use it, so that's not really great for him IMO

That casting speed turned me down also. I would have to use natural talent to make it worth it which not many of my builds can handle.

31 minutes ago, Wurmheart said:

I did grab Dispensary & Well of Life but haven't tried them out. Dispensary's 60% bile cost and low base duration is kind of holding me back from just wildly trying it atm, and I don't know on which frame I'd even want well of life atm.

I didn't subsume Protea simply because I refuse to farm her but I would like to use Dispensary on warframes like Zephyr since she's too squishy to use rage but at the same time I run into energy problems with her, without Zenurik at least. And yeah. The nerf is a bit concerning also.

• Like 1

Il y a 4 heures, JackHargreav a dit :

Everyone keeps saying that Prolonged Paralysis is good but I find it borderline garbage. Small range and Line of sight makes this ability pretty bad. It's only saving grace is the low energy cost and it's effectiveness when it works.

Because of course this is another one of those abilities that only works whenever it feels like it.

Otherwise I would love this ability. I even made a full build around this augment and eternal war. The two together can be really fun and effective. But again. Whenever Valkyr's 3rd works.

It work perfectly for me.
Just keep in mind you need some cast speed mods and only use the ability while in air to keep momentum and not being slowed down. But I agree about line of sight, it make a big difference if you have enough range.
Also about Mag pull, I don't really like how it performs for pulling enemies in melee ranges because exessive strength can pull them behind and be harmful.

These are what i tried: 

Garuda with Breach Surge as a Replacement for Blood Letting

Mag with Breach Surge as a Replacement for Pull

Banshee with Thermal Sunder as a Replacement for Sound Quake

Ember with Eclipse, Empower, and Breach Surge as a Replacement for Fireball

Wisp & non - RB Titania with Infested Mobility

Soon: Nyx with Warcry 

so far, Garuda, Mag, and Ember with Breach Surge has been pretty good for Caster Playstyles, Thermal Sunder helps Banshee freeze enemies in Place which gives her more time to use her other Abilities in a Mobile way. Eclipse didn’t help much for Ember since that Ability only works for Weapons and the Lightning on the Floor is still the only thing to change the Value of DR and Damage Buff, and Empower only works on one Cast so it’s way too spammy for Ember. Satisfied with Infested Mobility in Wisp and Titania currently.

25 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

It work perfectly for me.
Just keep in mind you need some cast speed mods and only use the ability while in air to keep momentum and not being slowed down. But I agree about line of sight, it make a big difference if you have enough range.
Also about Mag pull, I don't really like how it performs for pulling enemies in melee ranges because exessive strength can pull them behind and be harmful.

Ok I didn't know about the air thing. And I understand your problem with pull. It can really yoink the enemies sometimes. 

My favorite build so far has been my Assimilate Nyx with Breach Surge and nikana. 

Ash + Fatal Teleport + Marked for Death is god-tier. It's pretty much an essential swap for his lackluster Blade Storm.

Fire Walker on Ember is a really nice quality of life option. Bit of speed, bit of cc, bit of damage. 

I'm looking forward to trying Oberon with Cold Ward, in place of Reckoning. 

Bonuses from Warcry and Roar have been fairly disappointing to be honest. So much drama around these, yet they're hardly even relevant for my frames.

Pillage on Mag has been fairly hyped, but I found it to be very meh. 

• Like 1

Loki + Lull : no brainer stealth scan and stealth kills
Banshee + breach surge : 6 digits rad damage proc' is always fun
Protea + radial blind (with radiant finish) : if you ever wondered what protea 4th was made for
Nekros + ensnare (will prolly try also larva) : usefull

Currently digesting a nova, I can't wait to play Inaros Prime with nova 1st on sorties, true endgame

Rhino with Cold Elemental Ward. It's ridiculously easy to get over 100k Iron Skin with it. And since I'm more on the support side of things, I put the Ward augment. Replaced Stomp although it still kinda hurt me since Rhino has a full kit so I lost a valuable ability. Also tried Smite with him since I'm a Hunter and well he now can give Volt a challenge as dps with his unnerfed Roar + Smite Infusion.

Saryn with Shooting Gallery in place of Molt.

Nova, Trinity and Wisp got Dispenser. Dispenser on Wisp is next-level good. Endless Energy, Ammo and Health supply + her own buffs.

Nekros with Larva since my Nekros has max range for Desecrate.

Ash with Fatal Teleport and Marked for Death.

Volt, Inaros and Atlas got Roar.

• Like 2

Hildryn with Elemental Ward Aegis Storm

Nekros with Petrify Terrify

Nova with Reave Wormhole

Nova with Dispensary Wormhole

Volt with Nourish Shock Did not work at all how I wanted

Chroma with Smite Spectral Scream

Ash with Marked for Death Shuriken

Edited by anarchy753

Null star on mirage and revenant.

Stay tanky in the light as mirage and allows revenant to use the damage boost portion of his 4 to full effect.

Also energy munitions on mirage. The dps from only needing to reload a quarter as often makes that frame stupidly murdery.

I want to try pull on hydroid. You can use subsumes from inside his puddle :)

• Like 2

Ivara with Empower, feels like a no-brainer, at least if you're playing Ivara invisible all the time. I get a bit more range and most importantly 0,4s faster steal time after changing my build which feels like a big buff.

Next I put cloak arrow on Ash, which was rather stupid :) just feels clunky t.b.h.

Did put Elemental ward on Inaros just because... but it doesn't feel neccessary at all, at least I get some Helminth XP.

Today I tried Shooting Gallery on Hildryn and that feels just great on my build with 145% range and 100% duration, don't think I will change that. 

Well there some interesting combinations. I'm glad that roar and warcry are the least used honestly.

And also I should drop some other combinations.

Protea with Condemn. It works much better than Grenade Fan honestly. Especially against Deimos enemies. (Not so much against Steel Path corpus but that's an entirely different story anyways.)

And Grendel with Empower is also worth a shot because it strips armor like crazy with an umbra build.

Also Khora with Well of Life. Keeps the pets alive and keeps you alive. By far this my favorite build.

Edited by JackHargreav

4 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

I didn't know about this. But I guess Hydroid will worth a try then. I wonder if every single ability usable with the puddle. That would be absolute bonkers.

i really dont think anything can make hydroid relevant compared to vanilla mesa levels  let alone khora levels but hey  

Edited by killerJoke66

I’m currently building a second thiccgrrl to dissolve for pillage.

I think this could be the perfect gate-tank OH-SHI button with brief respite and a decaying dragon key.

Base shields: 75

Cast pillage: instantly restore base shields, restoring shield gate.

And the pillage putting you into overshields and stripping armor.

The overshields stay with you, your immobile well doesn’t.