Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some subsume builds I tried

JackHargreav

Saryn with Breach Surge, that's 4 innate status procs to boost Condition Overload on a crit built weapon, combined with the blind stealth bonus and spark damage multiplier you end up with some pretty good dps.

Quick Steel Path test:

5 hours ago, anarchy753 said:

Nekros with Petrify Terrify

Hang on, does that mean you can become a hyperfarm frame with the Ore Gaze augment?

So far I've done ore gaze Inaros, Quiver Octavia (so I can have invisibility without using metronome), and perspicacity Ivara.

Next is Banish  Loki, because invisibility and banishing rescue hostages is a good combo and synergies with my radial disarm build, and dispensary Wisp so she can dish out all the buffs 🤗

• 2 weeks later...

1) silence/ radial blind ash tripling his bladestorm damage.

2) marked for death umbra/ash before it's nerf :(

3) empower, smite infusion, nullstar, dispensary chroma. Smite infusion chroma for eidolon, dispensary for the mausolon. Empower was alright on my already 300% chroma. Nullstar for more damage reduction.

4) roar/warcry inaros, loki, umbra and baruuk. Working best on loki due to his hushed invicibility stealth damage.

5) mind control umbra for the ultimate afk style play.

6) pillage condemn harrow/umbra/mesa/baruuk for shield/Armor strip spam.

7) larva protea/nekros for easy cc.

8) dispensary umbra cause you can put 2 out due to his AI lol.

9) roar volt, best for tridolon.

10) breach surge saryn and garuda to see how good the infinite duration damage builds are.

On 2020-09-06 at 6:42 AM, anarchy753 said:

Volt with Nourish Shock Did not work at all how I wanted

You have no idea how much anger I had when they literally changed the wording of Nourish the day before they released the Helminth system...

Would have had a Nourish Volt (Corrosive), Frost (Viral), Mirage (Toxin, Gas, Viral, Corrosive), Banshee (Blast, Toxin sound quake), Ember as a joke unless it turned out great (Gas).  Yeah ... I would have made some frames like Frost actually viable again...

There's a TON more, and I can see why they changed the wording to give us a good shafting especially with that Mirage room nuking setup with those elemental statistics...  disgustingly busted...  

Honestly though they should have just dropped the damage down a bit instead of removing a key feature in the ability.

49 minutes ago, Galix said:

You have no idea how much anger I had when they literally changed the wording of Nourish the day before they released the Helminth system...

Would have had a Nourish Volt (Corrosive), Frost (Viral), Mirage (Toxin, Gas, Viral, Corrosive), Banshee (Blast, Toxin sound quake), Ember as a joke unless it turned out great (Gas).  Yeah ... I would have made some frames like Frost actually viable again...

There's a TON more, and I can see why they changed the wording to give us a good shafting especially with that Mirage room nuking setup with those elemental statistics...  disgustingly busted...  

Honestly though they should have just dropped the damage down a bit instead of removing a key feature in the ability.

Try Nourish on Frost. His 1 will freeze the enemy and do several procs of Viral but the rest is unaffected. I can confirm it does nothing on Volt.

21 hours ago, (PS4)Sentiel said:

Try Nourish on Frost. His 1 will freeze the enemy and do several procs of Viral but the rest is unaffected. I can confirm it does nothing on Volt.

Frost was on my list lol.  Point I wanted though was Frosts 4.  Cuz that would be what...  A freeze, an armor strip, a viral proc and an explosion.  Probably in that order too...  SO yeah dreams were shattered.

Mesa with Energized Munitions.

Rhino with Empower

Excalibur with Shuriken

Gara with Radial Blind

Trinity with Spellbind

Nekros I was thinking Well of Life or Blood Altar if they can heal the shadows.

Khora with Master's Summons to see if it works with Venari but haven't tried yet.

Want Ivara with Mark for Death soon.

Might try Protea with Tesla Nervos.

will think of others later on.

I'm personally toying around with Rift Torrent Limbo when I'm playing WF these days. Whilst I've not hard-settled on a Helminth'd ability yet (currently been using Reave for mobility, but it's not that useful outside of long range jumps), Empower can let you do some crazy stuff when combined with Rift Torrent. By 'crazy stuff' I mean 'potentially a bigger damage buff than Chroma with some minor CC on top'. 

I've noticed that I've been placing Fire Blast on several frames since it is a very easily accessible armor removal tool that caps out at around 88% armor reduction on all frames (aslong as you atleast have neutral strength and the enemies are tough enough for the heat proc to reach the 50% cap), it also comes with free guaranteed CC versus most enemies and it has a very respectable base range, so works just fine on frames that dont invest in range.

Other than that I havent done much fiddling. Octavia with Breach Surge, Titania/Mesa/Ivara with Roar, Saryn with a build that uses Well of Life, planning on one for Enox too, then Protea with Larva for easier stacking with her turrets (which works quite well) and Hildryn with Condemn for infested runs. But most frames so far have gotten Fire Blast since it is so easily accessible on all of them more or less.

• 2 months later...
On 2020-09-06 at 5:59 AM, JackHargreav said:

I didn't subsume Protea simply because I refuse to farm her but I would like to use Dispensary on warframes like Zephyr since she's too squishy to use rage but at the same time I run into energy problems with her, without Zenurik at least. And yeah. The nerf is a bit concerning also.

I like the IDEA of Zephyr so much that I have been trying all kinds of subsumed abilities to find a good match.  So far Banshee's Silence comes in VERY handy as it neutralizes heaps of enemies long enough for Zephyr to do whatever they want (i.e. weapons, etc).  Also tried Ensnare (replacing air burst both times), and that works amazingly well in conjunction with her 4th augment.

Have you had any success since you wrote the above post getting a good ability on Zephyr?

19 minutes ago, (PSN)BMWWOW said:

Have you had any success since you wrote the above post getting a good ability on Zephyr?

No not really. My current problem is Turbulence. There weapons and attacks that go straight through it. Jugulus unit of course is one of those bums who can do such thing. And that kinda creates a big problem on SteelPath. But I think Silence might the answer to that as it seems to turn off not just eximus abilities but maybe even the Jugulus glaive attack.

I went for what i consider mostly fun, not meta/op/practical necessarily:

Nezha got Pull on his 1, grouping enemies together, using 4 and follow it up with his 2 makes for a pretty neat synergy imo, also fun ^^

Mesa has Pull on her 1 too. I just love this ability, and i put it in most frames, and in Mesa for some reason, feels great. Cheap CC when my other abilities are running out, melee enemies are stopped, and good inbetween skill as i wait for my energy to regen to use my other more op abilities.

Same for Excal Umbra, Pull instead of Slash Dash. Always heted that ability, and yes, I prefer his 3 (both visually and concept wise), along with its augment. Just feels good is all.

Gara too on her 3, combined with her 2 while active pulls enemies close to me and also inside her 4's range. Love this combo so far.

Hildryn got Fire Blast on her 3. I know, wtf am I thinking? True, but i just hate her 3, especially the fact that Blazing Pillage is dependent on it, therefore, I gave her a heat/armor strip/CC ability with great range. Fun to use as well.

Ash, well, M4D. I find this ability really fun, especially for stealth (favorite frame to use in that regard)

Ember has Pocket Sand on her 1. Its a quick, cheap, small damage/CC that also gives me slight health regen, and I really like using it, compared to fireball (which i find it to be slow, clunky and the animation visually unimpressive)

Nidus has Molt. It fits him perfectly, both thematically and ability wise, plus it allows me to move freely, instead of standing in one place (his 3 which I never liked), plus health regen

Trinity got Breach Surge in her 1. She really lacked, imo, good CC and decent damage, so it fit her like a glove ^^

Wukong also got Fire Blast for his 4 (Iron Staff is not only weak, but also the animations are horrible and i absolutely hate the Primal Fury stance). CC, Armor Strip, Panic Button, and visually cool :-P

There are more, but not very noteworthy.

Oh, and also, me being the absolute mad lad that I am, removed Wisp's 1 and put Air Burst. Just because I have a seething hatred for that ability (hate the visuals, hate the mechanics, and the buffs are not worth it.) I want my frame to be mobile,  not go back and forth the same place over and over again (unless it's defense)

On 2020-09-05 at 5:17 PM, JackHargreav said:

Condemn

Is vert fast (I'm considering adding this to frames like Protea or Xaku) that is "comparable" with Inaros' thing (there might be natural talent somewhere, I don't remember). Now I need to get the last part...

if you wonder I didn't use Reave for healing well the simple answer is that, It's slow. The cast speed is not great and it's uncomfortable to controll.

I've put it on the Protea and it's kind of nice. You get 3 seconds of immortality so you can do it "in time". I'm planning on using the augment mod that stun enemies.

Reave - it can remove status procs so on some frames it might be a better choice.

Have you considered Nezha's firewalker? It removes status when you stand on the fire path (it cannot prevent knockdown-on-death... sadly) as well. In addition it gives you small speed boost and CC.

To be honest I've put the Nezha's firewalker on other frames:
- Hydroid - you can "be underwater/ground" and you still create fire, it's more cool thing that usable thing

- Grendel - Rolling + fire.... NICE

- Zephyr - the Firewalker isn't used in air.... unless you use her abilities or bullet jump.
- Revenant maybe

This might not be the best ability but it's gives you something and it's visually appealing.

"I have no resources".

When I have forma'ed 5 or 6 times my Xaku I didn't have time for Helminth. Now... I'm not using it... weird.

I've tried:
- Trinity (just for lot of energy) with Mark for the Death. Here is link if you need more info.

- Ivara + hack ability -> easy hacking,

- Wisp + Oberon thing for her 4th - it's nice stealth+radiation combo

On 2020-09-05 at 10:17 PM, JackHargreav said:

Edit 2: I also tried out Khora with well of life and got rid of Venari, the 3rd ability. If you remove Venari she still stays with you however you can't use Venari Bodyguard. And Venari will use It's attack from all times.

i put pull on khora in the same slot, and since it pull through wall, it could get extra enemy into my dome faster, which make things die faster and respawn faster, worked great for SE farm before the change

Fireblast on volt replace shock,  it feel nice, lower armor and cc but i guess i could do the gauss skill later 

Xaku 1st on mesa 1st, just in case duviri is the same grind as scarlet spear

Surge on vauban, replace air strike, work great but not even sure if he need it.

Ivara with Larva, replace navigator, just because i do obelisk quite a lot while hunting and fishing in deimos, and it help reduce some frustration 

Shooting Gallery on Xaku, not testing in endurance run yet but it work wonder in simulacrum 

Archived