Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conservation help

RazerXPrime

Question

Now I never needed to do this so I avoided it like the plague, but now it seems I have to to proceed so here we go.

I find the poop and track it to a location where I use the echo lure. I use the echo lure and I get a response from the animal Son says yea good job now mimic it. 

Now how do I do that?? I have a bar on the right side and aiming makes the blue dot move on it. If I place it in the brackets and use the lure nothing happens. Nothing happens at all whatever I do. All advice online including wiki just says:"use the lure. How the F am I supposed to use this thing? I tried twice with two different animals, but no cigar, nothing happens after I call the animal and it's just stuck at "mimic this S#&$".

21 answers to this question

Justo ahora, RazerXPrime dijo:

If you look at it like that sure. But it'd be better if you just look at it from a positive and constructive way instead and say yea it'd be cool if I could exit this place from anywhere on the map without having to trail all the way back to a town I don't want to visit. 

So we add that we can exit any mision from any point without losing things ... yeah ,  thats very contructive and it would not destroy half of the game at all ... :facepalm . Not to mention that doing this really stupid thing you cause A LOT of host migration that can end up in the some of the other players (the ones playing like they should and not being lazy ) losing all their things

On 2020-11-22 at 2:38 AM, gbjbaanb said:

You move your mouse up or down to follow the white brackets. I assume the better you keep the blue dot in the right place the better chance of a rarer animal coming along, but that's just supposition.

It's not so bad, the worst part is following the tracks that are a pain to see and always interrupted by enemies. Never made sense to me, or why a flying sawgaw needs to walk so much.

I got it to work in the end. I use a controller so the explanations aren't always in line with how these things work. I think the interface bugged out on me the first time I tried it which is why I was frustrated. It's actually not that difficult to do. :D

On 2020-09-05 at 5:46 PM, RazerXPrime said:

That doesn't happen for me. The blue dot stays on the same place.

Anyway, it's a retarded minigame and if I can skip it I will skip it. Thanks for trying to help though.

You move your mouse up or down to follow the white brackets. I assume the better you keep the blue dot in the right place the better chance of a rarer animal coming along, but that's just supposition.

It's not so bad, the worst part is following the tracks that are a pain to see and always interrupted by enemies. Never made sense to me, or why a flying sawgaw needs to walk so much.

2 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

And why only open worlds ? it takes a lot more time to go to the exit in any normal mision , people will use your argument "why i need to travel for half the map if i dont want to when i finished my objetive already" .

And that sort of reasoning my friend is what holds people like you back. I suggest pills.

Justo ahora, RazerXPrime dijo:

It's an open world area remember? You taken your pills today?

And why only open worlds ? it takes a lot more time to go to the exit in any normal mision , people will use your argument "why i need to travel for half the map if i dont want to when i finished my objetive already" .

Just now, Yagamilight123 said:

So DE need to fix your mistakes ? .... yeah sure . You are aborting a mision , of course you are not gonna get anything .... all the game works like that .

If you look at it like that sure. But it'd be better if you just look at it from a positive and constructive way instead and say yea it'd be cool if I could exit this place from anywhere on the map without having to trail all the way back to a town I don't want to visit. 

hace 2 minutos, RazerXPrime dijo:

Probably going to try just flying around. Got to remember that you don't get anything if you just exit to orbiter. I think I lost like 400 resources and 30 animal captures doing that. DE needs to fix that. And I need to be less of a dumbass.

So DE need to fix your mistakes ? .... yeah sure . You are aborting a mision , of course you are not gonna get anything .... all the game works like that .

5 minutes ago, Infirito said:

When you find the bait you need to "fire" the lure when the bar's empty, then when brakets appear you need to "fire" it again and try to match the movement, then just wait a while for animal to approach you, unless it's a bird, birds often spawn in terrain.

Alternatively, just get in your AW, fly around with a tranq rifle and don't bother with poop at all. All Drift animals should spawn naturally.

I need to get birds. Any place where they spawn reliably without this conservation crap?

When you find the bait you need to "fire" the lure when the bar's empty, then when brakets appear you need to "fire" it again and try to match the movement, then just wait a while for animal to approach you, unless it's a bird, birds often spawn in terrain.

Alternatively, just get in your AW, fly around with a tranq rifle and don't bother with poop at all. All Drift animals should spawn naturally.

Unless you have some strange bug or an odd keybind.

With the tranquilizer gun out you select the appropriate lure with the gear wheel that appears when you hold 2, click and hold to use the selected lure. When you need to mimic, align the blue mark with the white lines, click and hold to use the lure and drag along with the white lines as they move. Select the tranq rifle with 1 and find the target.

When you do the initial lure, before the mimic, listen for a direction of the call. Finding the target is much easier if you can already be looking in it's direction.

Archived