How would you make warframe great?

You can ignore this if you want, just share your opinion, i like reading what you guys think :)

I would maybe rework or add more to the gameplay:

Add option to make enemies more colored or bright, but not too much, It helps with eyes they blend in a lot on the background sometimes.

Make enemies more unpredictable , instead of walking on a straight line they do small jump to the sides if they see their partners get killed , or crunch so it's harder to headshot them.

Add some more parkour movements like assassin's creed origins unity.

Make star chart more fun, giving players better rewords for the missions they do, there's too many silver or bronze mods and barely any credits. Add mini bosses to them , i loved so much when wolf would randomly join. And was sad liches never come for me unless i do their missions

Make railjack more like the trailers.

Add more mods to the game so there's more build diversity,

Add a Chat just for rivens,

Add more to the open world, no jokes maybe a skate park, we have boards let us use them in a cool place where players can chill.

there's ghouls , why can't we have a ghoul boss or something that walks around in the open world, and might come for us without we expecting, the ghoul purge is legit boring...

I love plague star but the event rarely comes , i wish it was more frequent like every 2 or 3 months same for the event where you grind arcanes :(.

Add option to like warframes use prime weapons without the prime look, some of us don't like prime stuff, we just don't.

All in all my opinion is mostly meh, and i just want to see yours :)

Edited by redkunaz
  • Like 1

I would overhaul the base game - mechanics, content, rework all necessary frames, all offensive and defensive stats - so that we finally have one complete game to work off of for further content instead of constantly building more onto a foundation that's crumbling. 

• Like 6

Simple.

Increase droprates for all the fancy new stuff (necramech mods, rare ressources, etc.) by at least 300% because let's be honest here, rare necramech mods are a myth and do not exist.

Add all mech mods to all iso vault tiers, rather than limiting them.

Kill Son and Grandma

Mute everyone who keeps begging or PvP

Rig the chatbot to give people wiki links whenever they ask something a 5 second google search could have answered

Remove Xaku

Delete fishing minigame from existence

Skip button for bounty dialogue (NW skip method doesn't count)

Remove standing cap

Reduce foundry time by 50%

Put Loid on steroids so he actually frickin moves forwards at speeds higher than -50 km/h

Banish Nora and her constant "hOlD uP"

Give necramechs a futuristic skin, something like that green/blue mech from the first episode of Gundam 00: 970197167.jpg

Dedicated servers because to hell with host migrations

HUD customization (not talking about themes here, but colors for health/shield, etc.

Edited by o0Despair0o
  • Like 1

Remove Rivens/Nightwave/Steel Path, cause none of them are good additions to the game.

Stop making open worlds (cause they're all "veni, vidi, vici" and take too much work for way too little reward - they're just a node we'll stop going to once we got everything from there, just like all other nodes... but at least the other nodes are randomly generated)

Let us Kill Lotus.

More quests! I don't particularly care if they're cinematic or not (after all, besides Second Dream, my favorite quest is Hidden Messages), we just need a crapton more of them.

Rogue-lite game mode akin to The Binding of Isaac.

More mini-bosses, hopefully as entertaining as the Necramechs from the Iso Vaults rather than as weak as Zanuka.

• Like 1

- finish the melee dual wield system for Swords, Daggers and Machetes to be used with pistols. new stances for Nunchaku, Warfans,Blade & Whips, Rapiers and Two-Handed Nikanas.

- complete railjack: Venus Proxima, Jupiter Proxima and Pluto Proxima railjack maps, more mission types such as hijacking treasury ships, protecting colony ships from enemies etc. this would be a massive update with Command Intrinsic/AI crew members, Lich ships appearing when your Lich is at rank 5. new avionics and weapons for railjacks, and if all goes well, another update with Deimos/Eris Proxima as an Infested Railjack map.

- boss rework 2.0 for Seargent and Phorid. these encounters would now be much harder and require a little effort on part of the players.

- Squad link between open world public matches and railjack crews in Free Roam. squads on the ground can call for assistance in the form of artillery strikes, EMP to disable enemy air units temporarily, and allow very brief removal of shields vs Eidolons and Orb Mothers (this would only be for a few seconds, and have a very long cooldown, so as not to be abused; the idea being that if your run is going badly, you can maybe get a little help from above to salvage the mission!). 

- reworked Lich system for Corpus that is more reminiscent of the old kingpin system idea: instead of requiems, you must find and interrogate associates of the Lich, working your way up the chain to gather information on how best to draw them out and eliminate them. for Infested Liches, a system where you must follow rumours of particularly deadly abominations and then track them across the system through misisons, until you eventually find and kill them for a reward (like a Witcher would do, if you like!) as mentioned before, Rank 5 liches could now be encountered in Railjack missions, where they have a personal galleon (which is highly guarded, so watch out!)

- more interesting open world missions, like Iso-vaults, but not awful. imagine an operation where you take over the Temple of Profit and destroy Nef's statue, or find out what's at the Orokin dig site...

- invasions 2.0: tilesets would be reworked to show actual warfare between Corpus and Grineer. Invasions can also happen in railjack and Open worlds: choose which side you're on and destroy the enemy fighters in a massive space battle! aid your side in an all out ground war on the Plains or Orb Vallis!

-make fissures, nightmare missions and liches appear on ANY node. 

- and once everything in the system has been revamped, THEN we can look at Planes of Duviri and The New War.

• Like 2

In the grand scheme of things.

Reduce external energy sources and put the emphasis of energy regeneration on a player's performance (if possible, making this based on a frame's abilities although that's not easy in some cases) to try reduce spam and potentially make weaker abilities more viable.

Similar to above, dramatically reduce costs of very weak powers to make them more viable as just something that can be thrown out without wasting a lot of energy.

Add diagetic cooldowns to certain highly powered and currently highly spammable abilities - i.e. changing inferno so the area of damage on struck enemies remains after death, but you can't recast until the DoT effect has run its course. This distinguishes between big powers and smaller, spammable ones.

Similar changes for ammo and the more faceroll-y weapons.

In general, if it's one-size-fits-all solution that's incredibly powerful and incredibly simple, probably not that great in a game about 'picking the right tool for the right job' and/or personal preference and variety since once choice that's just better than everything defeats both purposes.

Rework Limbo. A lot. I like him and his rift, but stasis is incredibly dull as a power but also the cornerstone of his usefulness in most high-level cases.

Stat Squish survivability - probably more by buffing weaker frames, but the specifics don't matter. Players having a lot of health can be tuned around, but half the late-game builds having barely any and some having tens or hundreds of thousands? It's impossible to have enemies do a reasonable amount of damage in such a case. 

More. Stuff. To Parkour on or over. What's the point of a great, 3D movement system if there's no reason to use it? In other words, more areas like the open parts of Jupiter, or Deimos's landscape with lots of verticality and reason to use it.

In the same vein: Momentum-based Wallrunning. Yes, like Titanfall. It's kickass.

Enemies that encourage movement. Either new enemies or reworking old ones to better reward good movement. This includes enemies with hitscan, because RNG is not dodging.

More weak fun stuff in Helminth. Stuff like Ripline or Teleport. Movement is fun.

Tl;Dr I don't mind Warframe being an easy, casual power fantasy as long as it's still engaging and fun to play in and of itself. Simplistic, straightfoward gameplay with the obviously 'best' strategies rewarding orders of magnitude more than more interesting ones makes for boring gameplay because you're forced between making progress and having fun.

• Like 5

Well, I like Warframe a lot myself, so I'm not sure I'd say it needs to be made great again, precisely...

But I do think it could very much benefit from just a massive, overarching overhaul to refine and make the whole game truly coherent - from lore to playable content (SO many islands) to tutorials and HUD QoL elements.

Edited by Anaktoria
  • Like 2

condense the content.

officially and openly decide weather the game is meant to be challenging or a power fantasy (elephant in room).

balance every warframe to be equally efficient and viable based on previous step. (stop neglecting this issue when discussing either challenge OR power fantasy).

introduce challenging aspects if necessary (enemy AI behavior) now that every warframe is balanced.

fix the veteran loot hoarding issue by making resources in the next and future big content updates function like argon so that they can be re-used long-term.

fix the new player experience by giving each aspect of the game proper introductions - including bosses, forma, potatoes, etc.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, redkunaz said:

You can ignore this if you want, just share your opinion, i like reading what you guys think :)

Add option to make enemies more colored or bright, but not too much, It helps with eyes they blend in a lot on the background sometimes.

Make enemies more unpredictable , instead of walking on a straight line they do small jump to the sides if they see their partners get killed , or crunch so it's harder to headshot them.

Make star chart more fun, giving players better rewords for the missions they do, there's too many silver or bronze mods and barely any credits. Add mini bosses to them , i loved so much when wolf would randomly join. And was sad liches never come for me unless i do their missions

Add more to the open world, no jokes maybe a skate park, we have boards let us use them in a cool place where players can chill.

there's ghouls , why can't we have a ghoul boss or something that walks around in the open world, and might come for us without we expecting, the ghoul purge is legit boring...

I love plague star but the event rarely comes , i wish it was more frequent like every 2 or 3 months same for the event where you grind arcanes :(.

Add option to like warframes use prime weapons without the prime look, some of us don't like prime stuff, we just don't.

Make a Sentient event called the “Prime Exploit”:

Because Lotus has been tied into Orokin tech forever, she is able to find an exploit that  Reduces the combat effectiveness of ALL Primed Frames, Primed Weapons, Primed Mods, And Rivens by 40%.

We must use Warframe combat to hold back wave after wave of enemy as the full invasion begins...no conservation or syndicate mining or fishing...hold the line or lose the node and DIE.

It needs a reboot with a better engine. Duviri's paradox could be that, like a warframe true 2.0 with other types of mechanics, another form of mastery and interactions with current warframe and RJ. Also a completly different take on the netcode, aka real servers with true open world, comprehensive instances when needed, B2P content that doesn't have that F2P feel, etc...

There are limitations that keep the game on its backfoot since day 1, and instead of taking tactical step backs it has been a constant run forward.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I would overhaul the base game - mechanics, content, rework all necessary frames, all offensive and defensive stats - so that we finally have one complete game to work off of for further content instead of constantly building more onto a foundation that's crumbling. 

Agreed

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Anaktoria said:

Well, I like Warframe a lot myself, so I'm not sure I'd say it needs to be made great again, precisely...

But I do think it could very much benefit from just a massive, overarching overhaul to refine and make the whole game truly coherent - from lore to playable content (SO many islands) to tutorials and HUD QoL elements.

Yeah one of my biggest gripes is the lack of lore in the fractured lore as you play the starchart.

Rework the damage systems for both players and enemies from exponential to additive for a more reasonable curve, make it so the difference between level 1 and 100 isn't literally two different planets of distance between each other.

Iron out the Melee 3.0 changes and make every stance flow better.

I'd also obliterate Gyromag/Atmo/Repeller systems from the face of the planet with extreme prejudice.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 1

For a non-exhaustive list:

1. Rename the title of this thread. It's just, hurk.

2. Have a two-tiered enemy system. Heavy units with higher tendency toward mobility (though not necessarily faster, speed-wise) and greater individual threat coupled with mooks in more established formations that are individually dumb but collectively more challenging.

3. Less reliance on RNG, both in terms of enemy spawns and level layouts. There's potential for good macroscopic level designs that isn't realized in a randomized system, and tossing enemies at the player haphazardly just feels messy.

4. Tweak armour to give it a mechanical workaround instead of relying on status. Or tweak armour in some major way. The current implementation of armour creates so many issues.

5. Chain weapons and abilities so that things get involved in a natural progression. Weapons and abilities compete constantly (compare Ash's Shuriken, without an augment, with just about any half-decent weapon) rather than collaborate. Like if weapons gave energy for abilities.

6. Delete, like, 95% of the lore from Heart of Deimos. Seriously

Spoiler

We're the "second wave"? We're reliant on this heart thing for our powers? There's so much about that that is a bother...

7. Projectiles for enemies across the board. If the Corrupted Strun shotguns use projectiles (despite ours being hitscan), we can make excuses for Grineer weapons doing the same. The game is about mobility, not seeking cover. Hitscan enemies should not be a thing.

8. Implement better stealth options. They don't need to be great, but without massive RNG, it should at least be reasonably feasible to go quiet.

9. Double down on mission uniqueness. Spy is 10% stealth and 90% getting to the objective. Most missions are, by a vast majority, just getting to the objective. Get to the part that makes it special and emphasize that.

10. Make some kind of upgrade system separate from the mod system. There are dozens upon dozens of sub-par mods that don't find use even in the Exilus slots. Give us a section to toss those sorts of things in and let us add upgrades separate from them so we're not choosing between a few more bullets in a magazine and 200% extra damage.

11. Overhaul the mod system interactions, possibly making everything additive rather than multiplicative, so that we don't have (at least quite so many) mandatory mods. Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent - I remember that off the top of my head for how often they go into my pistol builds. Also the damage we can output is insane and emphasizes the gaps between the top of the line and the bottom of the barrel weapons.

12. Put more emphasis on in-game performance. Virtually everything is a gear check. The vast majority of the damage - and thus the vast majority of the player's performance - is on the build screen. You can't force crits with headshots, or stack status with consecutive hits without missing.

13. Actually put full universality into things instead of half-arsing it. Open worlds allow doing almost any task for standing, which can be used in any vendor. And then you have to do specific tasks to rank up because you can't be allowed to explore or choose what you like.

14. Retool Rivens to be bonuses distinct from other mods. These could be additive-on-base-stats, or adding an AoE effect to some weapons, or increasing ammo efficiency - something that either other mods can't do or that improve weapons from a more mechanical standpoint.

15. Spread out the general progression a touch. You need a fraction of weapons mastered to get everything unlocked, meaning you skip over tons of stuff on your quest for maximum power. They don't need to explore every single weapon, but give them some time to test out a wider breadth at a given MR scale. (Assuming the Riven tweaks don't better promote revisiting)

16. Take different tones with things. Everything is nitty-gritty seriousness, but when the "serious" factions like the Grineer and Corpus are cakewalks at the best of times, it puts the "genuine" threats like the Sentients in an awkward spot. We don't believe something like that is actually a threat, even if they should be more threatening. Whereas if things were more like Dog Days and everyone got serious when the Sentients came by, then there's a tonal shift that makes them feel like a more credible threat.

There's probably a lot more I could come up with, like PvP stuff (event modes, using the Dojo builder for maps, custom servers), making Corpus full-robotic (they have mass-produced robotic proxies of a billion sorts, so what are the humanoids even doing there? Could they really not design a remote-controlled repair robot?), reworking Nullifiers more towards the Scrambus end of things (so that "drop down and nullify Iron Skin in an instant" is less of a thing), dropping corrupted mods so that players don't literally murder some abilities just to fuel others....

Yeah, 16 is enough. For now.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, redkunaz said:

Finish the content that was supposed to be finished like Orb Vallis & Fix the bugs so the game isn't another attempt at Fallout 76

Frist, I would remove evertyhing I, ME!, Dont like, then add everything I like. Screw everyone else.

Like trying to drink coffee with mayo and ketchup. If I mix evertyhing I like in 1 place, it will surely taste better, wont it?

• Like 3
  • redkunaz changed the title to How would you make warframe great?