Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How would you make warframe great?

redkunaz

Custom missions. Or just start small with custom challenge rooms like from MR. Set unit locations,  patrolling, levels. Set goals. User voted. DE vets best ones, adds rewards. None are retired, mode gets a larger and larger catalog. Then move on to larger custom missions with more tools if test room mode works.

Id start by getting rid of hitpoints and damage numbers, and revert back to the hearts system of old Zelda games, as well as get rid of the concept of armor.

I would also get rid of the concept of enemy levels.

You would have red hearts and blue hearts. Yellow hearts and Purple Hearts. Many different heart colors.

Every Weapon would have base minimum and maximum damage base on heart colors.

There wouldn’t be damage types anymore, the weapons themselves would simply indicate their min and max damage based on heart color.

You would have to attack the hearts in the right order, no more skipping shields with toxin and such. There would be no more toxin damage type.

some enemies could have an armored heart to indicate that it could only be broken by melee attacks.

There would be buffs and mods to weapons, but they could only add potential heart damage. Each weapon could not exceed it’s maximum damage. No matter the source, so stacks mods with buffs beyond the cap wouldn’t be worth it.

In addition to damage output caps, I’d have damage input caps. (Like shield gates, but per hit) Your gun might deal 1 blue heart and 2 red heart damage, but an enemy could be designed to take no more than 1 red heart damage per shot, for example. This could possibly be another unique heart color that doesn’t exist on guns themselves.

Then after all of the silly out-of control EHP and damage multipliers are reigned in, not sure. Probably make mods consumable or have them decay over time, needing more endo to keep them fueled or something, but I think having them be consumable enchantments would feel better.

I play both. Warframe has a severe lack of Raid-Type encounters. There isn't a single thing you cannot do solo other than railjack. Nothing challenging if you have end game content, its just a breeze. Warframe has become a collectors game. Get every mod. Max it. Get Every Weapon. Max It. Put it in your log. It feeds vitriol into the community based on items mastered being a kind of elitist heirarchy.

They should do what they're doing to KUVA variant weapons but remove the lich system and add Raids that drop weapon parts that I can build the weapon I want. Each piece should be able to be ranked up to 10 individually but use mod capacity to disallow every piece hitting 10 so you have build variety, including choosing a magazine type like Toxin-FastMag or Heat-Extended Mag. That should be the next stage of modular weapon development for warframe and it should only be tradable at base variant, the resources to increase the Ranks should also drop from raid encounters, just from the adds at a rare drop rate and also a guarantee for a small amount at the end of the raid completion.

So... Raids... not just 1 but like 6... and Modular Weapon Design being better fleshed out to coincide with raids would bring this game back something crazy. I have more ideas on how warframe could implement raiding perfectly with the way their game is ran but i'd rather they increase response times to their playerbases support before taking on more content.

To clarify. These parts should be about 1-7.5% depending on the part type and should always be modular. They should introduce a new system in the helminth to feed weapons to helminth at 30 for a weapon part back that's considered "Broken" to start your modular weapon journey. I want to be able to swap out weapon components any time i am in my orbiter, not just make 1 gun with components that are used up.

25 minutes ago, Nobleares said:

There isn't a single thing you cannot do solo other than railjack.

jack nicholson laughing GIF

On Topic: 

I'd probably start by not using "Make X Great Again" as my slogan...

Then:

• I would change the way enemies took damage between solo and co-op. 
  • Change the drop tables for all but rare items between those solo and co-op mobs.
  • Apply boosters if that same group completed successive missions with each other.
  • Create an active story arc for each open world planet that offered new chapters based on planetary faction progression.
  • Put a raid as the final story arc for each planet.
  • Integrate RailJack as the glue between all planets and make railjack be what amounts to a supported open world in itself (NPC Piracy/combat, shipping, exploration and mercantilism).
  • Re-integrate the Dark Sectors but for Railjack and without PvP.
  • Re-vamp the relic and relic upgrade process to actually matter because it actually made a difference.
  • Add an array of select-able perks for players to choose from and tie all of them to the Mastery Rank system to make it matter.
  • Type and grade all mods and use those values to apply a perk driven system that rewards players (increased drop chance and increased yields) for using more diverse builds as opposed to min/maxing.
  • (Re-)Rework Damage to make modding choices equally advantageous.
  • Add sidejobs and make them actual full-featured sidejobs (engineering, investigation, jewel crafting, weapon smithing, Frame-smithing, information brokerage) with requisite gathering professions and progressions.
  • Make tenno a race and not a faction allowing them to be split amongst existing factions or along ideological lines.  

I'd start with a complete and holistic rebalance of all systems and aspects.
Out go Mods like serration that are 'always use there is no question about it' fold those into ranking of weapons the same way frames get sheild, health and energy.

Then I'd completely rebuild our powers with an eye to stopping things we simply can't challenge, and to encouraging more team work and composition minded play. The goal here is to do away with the need for Nullifiers Bursas status and crit immunity, I frames and things by not giving us anything so tough that it needs to be taken away to generate chalenge in the first place.

Basically I want high stakes play to be a celebration of everything we can do, not a filtering down to the one tactic that hasnt been blocked off.

( I have more but I need to process it into a relatable state and I doubt any one cares).

3 hours ago, Nobleares said:

Oh good, i'm glad you had absolutely anything constructive to say instead of still trolling people who post their experience on a forum about making the game better which is entirely based on their experience. Congrats m8 you're so cool. I'm sure you act like that IRL and have SOOOOO many friends. You know you catch more bees with honey than vinegar and your vitriol isn't welcome. Take what little clout you get from acting like a bully and the little ego boost that keeps you from the depressive darkness that is your short future.

Have a good life, dumbass.

There's really nothing constructive to have actually said to your comments buddy...

Your comment about RJ was wholly incorrect... Fact.

I'm not sure why you took offense to my laughter on the matter as it's not like I have personally insulted or threatened you, is it?

What you said is funny because it's comically wrong.

That said, it's not like I have sworn at you, or called you names, have I?

I also haven't sought you out in entirely different posts and attempted to argue with in those either, have I?

You can't say the same though, Can you...? Or did you think I wouldn't look at my profile and see you stalking it?

FWIW, Your keyboard thugging attempts are silly...

• You can help me out? How?
  • Vitriol? Where? What criticism have you actually received?
  • Bullying? Again...Where?
  • My short future? You got plans for me I don't know about, sport?

Here's my advice to you:

Put me on ignore. That preserves your health and wellness in the event you say something else wholly incorrect and I remark on such in the future. 

Because that's going to happen...

You have a brittle spirit, are easily triggered, and say things that aren't correct...I guarantee that you'll say something else I find amusing eventually.

Archived