Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "Awakening" quest was really good, but I wouldn't call it "New Player Experience".

MorteNexus13

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the quest with the new introduction, a much better tutorial and an impressive tileset where my first impression was "if only it were the new Grineer Forest", but when DE announced the "New Player Experience" I was expecting something like:

• Vor's Prize 2.0
  • Junctions 2.0 (new tasks and rewards)
  • Make mandatory meet the rest of the characters of the Strata Relay.
  • Ordis explaining everything about the orbiter segments, the most basics and importants aspects of the game and the gear items.
  • Teshin explaining the most basic aspects of the combat.
  • Some references to the old events/tactical alerts that marked a before and after in the story of the game.

But when I finish the quest, the first thing I said was "That's it? That's the new player experience?". Honestly, I wouldn't call it "New Player Experience" to the first 5 or 10 minutes of gameplay.

Now I wonder: The "Awakening" is the beginning of the real "New Player Experience" or (as it often happens) DE will only settle for that quest? I just hope that it comes first.

Because sitting down for 30-40 minutes and having the game dictated to you would;

1: not help anything, no one is ready to learn when they have literally no context for the information.

2: they already know changing the new player experience does not affect their wash out rate.

3: would be extremely misleading. Warframe is a complicated game, you will need to research things. Having a hand holding introduction not only wont help people, but it may actually make things worse. As after that they will expect everything to be explained to them.

Keeping the introduction and tutorial light I think is in the games best interest.

On 2020-09-05 at 6:59 PM, MorteNexus13 said:

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the quest with the new introduction, a much better tutorial and an impressive tileset where my first impression was "if only it were the new Grineer Forest", but when DE announced the "New Player Experience" I was expecting something like:

• Vor's Prize 2.0
  • Junctions 2.0 (new tasks and rewards)
  • Make mandatory meet the rest of the characters of the Strata Relay.
  • Ordis explaining everything about the orbiter segments, the most basics and importants aspects of the game and the gear items.
  • Teshin explaining the most basic aspects of the combat.
  • Some references to the old events/tactical alerts that marked a before and after in the story of the game.

But when I finish the quest, the first thing I said was "That's it? That's the new player experience?". Honestly, I wouldn't call it "New Player Experience" to the first 5 or 10 minutes of gameplay.

Now I wonder: The "Awakening" is the beginning of the real "New Player Experience" or (as it often happens) DE will only settle for that quest? I just hope that it comes first.

I was the exact same way. I just finished the quest today and it was sooo gooddd, everything felt right! The art, the enviornment, the added information, everything EXCEPT for the music and length imo. To me the music should have been slower, something that gives you a feeling that you should be embracing what youre seeing and also make you feel like youre in danger. The music that played just made me feel like i should be focused on combat instead of actually enjoying everything

Maybe thats just me though

1 minute ago, Nine said:

My first statement upon seeing the updated intro was:

Wow, people are going to be really disappointed when they finish that and end up in the regular game.

ps. I hope they make Mags feature look more like it does in the trailer.

RIP Original “Dark Sector” Liset Easter egg. 

About Mag, if you mean the way she hold the bullets in the air and throws back I believe its already in the game since the launch of HoD, you can tap and hold now for different effects.

For me it was like this : Oh man people are gonna get aboslutely wowed by the cinematic and the map but then as soon as they pick up a weapon they get introduced to the jank that is warframe. Bows and kunai for stealth ? Mob immediately gets aggro'd as soon as you pick something up and there's no way to test stealth. Further down the line they'll realize there's just no stealth at all lol. And of course, the rest of the game looks nowhere as polished as the map.

Archived