Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Latron Prime Post

Playbeyond

Ok I know there are plenty of other posts out there crying buff this and buff that. While I support buffing weapons to match the others rather them nerfing to level them out. I think that the Latron Prime needs a buff. There are the rumors of armor 2.0 fixing it but not sure if I believe that. I have always loved the Latron finally got my hand on the prime version and love it as well despite the fact that it has many disadvantages compared to other guns. So what Im suggesting is either a damage boost (to around 90 ish) that put it halfway between the Lanka and Automatic weapons such as Braton or Grakatatatatatata. The other option is to give it AP damage. While some may say AP damage would make it OP how so? It a semi-automatic rifle that required more skill and accuracy than say the Soma or Supra. Also it is only a 15 round clip with a long reload. Therefore the AP damage is offset by the rate of fire and imo atrocious clip size. Thoughts?

Ok I know there are plenty of other posts out there crying buff this and buff that. While I support buffing weapons to match the others rather them nerfing to level them out. I think that the Latron Prime needs a buff. There are the rumors of armor 2.0 fixing it but not sure if I believe that. I have always loved the Latron finally got my hand on the prime version and love it as well despite the fact that it has many disadvantages compared to other guns. So what Im suggesting is either a damage boost (to around 90 ish) that put it halfway between the Lanka and Automatic weapons such as Braton or Grakatatatatatata. The other option is to give it AP damage. While some may say AP damage would make it OP how so? It a semi-automatic rifle that required more skill and accuracy than say the Soma or Supra. Also it is only a 15 round clip with a long reload. Therefore the AP damage is offset by the rate of fire and imo atrocious clip size. Thoughts?

That's exactly why we're getting Armor V2.0. 

Everyone wanted every weapon to have AP or AI, and that point why have armor at all. 

Steve made a thread about it in the DC, and Architopheles (a regular forum-goer) did a "WHAT IS ARMOR 2.0 AND WHY SHOULD I CARE?" thread here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/120224-what-is-armor-20-and-why-should-i-care/.

It is all very sensible to change, and we don't know how every details for every weapon. 

The way armor scaled also changed, it won't be exponential.

Edited by Kinperor

more like Latrine Prime

That is completely uncalled for. Yes, I'm talking to you. ^

I agree, but I don't think it needs a buff like that. 90 is really high. 50-55 is more what I had in mind. Leave all of the other stats alone.

I do think that there should be more DMRs available to us. I would love it if we had a semi-automatic rifle that was Mastery Rank locked with much better damage, fire rate and reload speed than Latron.

So what you're saying is designated marksmen have no place in any conflict...

Prove it.

He's saying the Latron Prime isn't worth more than something to pee on. Not marksmen. The rifle.

Edit: ninja'd

Edited by Volthorne

Apologies. I didn't mean to insult outhouses like that. They do serve a purpose, unlike the weapon in question!

Good. Outhouses have delicate feelings.

As to more on topic: yeah, the Latron lacks in pretty much every department. Low burst, low dps, semi-high recoil, low mag capacity. The only thing good about it is the max ammo... a slim consolation when you're doing damage at a snails pace.

Lazy to do the math, but i'm not sure if even giving it full AP damage would raise it up to the high tier range.

EDIT: i wish they'd just a) buff it or b) release a new semi-auto (semi-OP) battle rifle already. We're severely lacking in that area.

Edited by Lers

I agree, but I don't think it needs a buff like that. 90 is really high. 50-55 is more what I had in mind. Leave all of the other stats alone.

Well the current damage on it is 45 so the boost to 50-55 would be minuscule yes with serration and all that calculated im sure the +5-10 base damage = 1000+ more damage per minute but still a  little low imo

Well the current damage on it is 45 so the boost to 50-55 would be minuscule yes with serration and all that calculated im sure the +5-10 base damage = 1000+ more damage per minute but still a  little low imo

That is precisely why I say that we need another rifle. Give it a base damage of 70-80, magazine size of 15 and a reload of 2s. Throw in a decent(20%+) crit chance and excellent accuracy, all while drawing from the rifle ammo pool and you have a winner. It would be Mastery locked, of course.

Edit: Soma may be the benchmark, but the challenge of a semi-automatic rifle is what I'm looking for.

Edited by DCypherThis13

That is precisely why I say that we need another rifle. Give it a base damage of 70-80, magazine size of 15 and a reload of 2s. Throw in a decent(20%+) crit chance and excellent accuracy, all while drawing from the rifle ammo pool and you have a winner. It would be Mastery locked, of course.

Edit: Soma may be the benchmark, but the challenge of a semi-automatic rifle is what I'm looking for.

There is something about semi-autos is just so sexy. going from enemy from enemy popping off rounds one at a time

Latron prime is fine, its just the fact that you need to get headshots 100% of the time in order to do the full dmg.

Mind you, even with 100% headshot accuracy the Latron Primes dps OR burst is still leagues below even a semi-good weapons.

Mind you, even with 100% headshot accuracy the Latron Primes dps OR burst is still leagues below even a semi-good weapons.

I use it for the feel. With practice, Latron can be very good. A center-of-mass double tap on lvl 35-40 Grineer from across the tile, dropping him before he can close on me or my team... Good feeling.

I use it for the feel. With practice, Latron can be very good. A center-of-mass double tap on lvl 35-40 Grineer from across the tile, dropping him before he can close on me or my team... Good feeling.

Yes, well sadly that feeling is gone with the winds when you go up from that level range. Center of mass double taps become triples or usually more, and even headshots need 2-3 taps on normals. And let's just not get into the heavies.

I LOVE the semi auto rifle feel. What i hate is the viable lack of them in the high level arsenal.

i use the Latron and potoed it recently. I love the feel of this rifle, It has to low stats imo tho.

The thing is when it comes to Grineer it usually does fine most of the time at 2-3 shots per enemy, and headshots are better.

But when it comes to napals it feels like a pea shooter. Even with AP and serration at 105 and a Critbuild of 75% it feels like a joke.

That is the reason for buffing it or as mentioned if Armor 2.0 will even the field damage-wize.

Feels silly to have a gun thats been around since the first concepts and not have it be better then this.