Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baza Prime - Is it worth it to invest in?

(PSN)thegarada

I just got riven for Baza, and was considering if it is worth it to invest 5-6 forma and re-roll the riven, since I do not have any worth machine guns. I know this is not going to be a weapon I use in survival or in a boss fight. More like a weapon to have fun with in an exterminate on steel path. I am wondering, against a 130 steel path bombard, with hunter ammunition and all the mods, would magazine clip be enough or is it half of the entire ammo pool (basically useless). 

You need a strong frame buff for it to do any meaningful damage in Steel Path.

Imo. the pinpoint accuracy, high rof and passive silence alone makes it worth to invest to.

I just finished my build with the last Forma, dual stat Viral (gives 30% status total iirc. which is good with its fire rate)+Hunter Munitions+crits will do some serious damage with the right buff.

The prime variant also got a nice falloff buff over the normal one.

I would go for an Arcane Primary Charger-Arcane Melee Charger combo Banshee hybrid build with this weapon for Steel Path, Resonance-Savage Silence build with high strength.

Ofc. this doesn't benefit much from the weapon's passive, but Ivara can make use of it as well, i just use Banshee more and for most content, it's really good for rushing through hordes of mobs while shooting and meleeing everything in the way without getting hit.

Ash's passive will also make the HM Slash procs more effective.

It's definitely not a one shot weapon, so it's better to put an ammo mutation mod to the Exilus slot.

9 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Imo. the pinpoint accuracy, high rof and passive silence alone makes it worth to invest to.

I agree with this. Baza Prime's ability to reliably stream bullets onto the enemies' head is what makes it good unlike the Soma Prime. I guess it's pretty decent in steel path if you don't mind to kill enemies one by one.

On the normal star chart, it's definitely a fun weapon to use with Ivara or Ash. Put Amalgam Serration for added running speed.

Oh, you only need 2 formas to make a HM+Viral build with 60/60 mods.

I love my Baza Prime.  I've put around 7 forma on mine which also has a riven.  With that being said, it feels extremely weak with 150 level enemies.  It's been relegated to being Ivara's main as I use her pretty much only for spy, free roam animal captures and at times, survival (depending).  Since its silent, it won't break stealth and does good damage to a single enemy under lvl120.

Now, I could also have modded it wrong as modding is not my strongest point.

Yes its the best when you are trying to improve your skills. I recently went into SP with Braton Vandal, Lato Vandal and a melee for heavier units. I loved the challenge of the game when I wasnt nuking every 10-20 meters of enemies. But if this is not your intention of game play toss it to the trash can.

Single target weapons are only for those who want to play the game with some challenge.

I missed the days of starting and feeling like i had to make sure I was a good skilled player verses letting my nuking frames or AOE weapons to the work for me.

Thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, kwlingo said:

Yes its the best when you are trying to improve your skills. I recently went into SP with Braton Vandal, Lato Vandal and a melee for heavier units. I loved the challenge of the game when I wasnt nuking every 10-20 meters of enemies. But if this is not your intention of game play toss it to the trash can.

Single target weapons are only for those who want to play the game with some challenge.

I missed the days of starting and feeling like i had to make sure I was a good skilled player verses letting my nuking frames or AOE weapons to the work for me.

I remember when I started the game, Sybras was was so much fun. Then I got Ignis, and well... efficiency was more important then. Still is. Now I just melee everything to death in 1-2 secs. I do like melee, but I feel like I am becoming a farming drone. Go in, mow everything down, collect some loot and affinity, rinse and repeat. If not a melee drone, then a CC drone. 

It looks like Baza prime does serve the objective I want it for. I will mainly use it on Ivara to have fun in occasional exterminate mission On steel path. I just wanted to be sure that I do not need to drop a clip to kill one trash mob, and half the ammo capacity to kill one bombard. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Thanks for the help!

I remember when I started the game, Sybras was was so much fun. Then I got Ignis, and well... efficiency was more important then. Still is. Now I just melee everything to death in 1-2 secs. I do like melee, but I feel like I am becoming a farming drone. Go in, mow everything down, collect some loot and affinity, rinse and repeat. If not a melee drone, then a CC drone. 

It looks like Baza prime does serve the objective I want it for. I will mainly use it on Ivara to have fun in occasional exterminate mission On steel path. I just wanted to be sure that I do not need to drop a clip to kill one trash mob, and half the ammo capacity to kill one bombard. 

I feel DE will be adding more resistance and armor buffs because the Helminth is breaking enemy difficulty. They are going to try to balance things out. Who know maybe they will just let us have this OP power for awhile. lol

14 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

I feel DE will be adding more resistance and armor buffs because the Helminth is breaking enemy difficulty. They are going to try to balance things out. Who know maybe they will just let us have this OP power for awhile. lol

Ya.. but I do not think it is an issue for ranged weapons though. It is skills and melee that are killing it right now. And DE solution tends to be 1 of 3 things:

1. Add more armor.
  2. Make mobs status immune.
  3. Make mobs immune to skills. 

Sometimes it is 2 of the above or all 3... This tends to hurt ranged weapons and none tanky frames the most. Even though the game has many f*****d up systems, I think mobs and mechanics design is the area that Warframe is the weakest. In Corpus remake, they just made trash mobs shoot, what is basically, a machine gun rocket launcher. My confidence in DE fixing mob eHP scaling and mobs/frame damage scaling is none existent. Melee weapons and armor scaling it is...

2 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Ya.. but I do not think it is an issue for ranged weapons though. It is skills and melee that are killing it right now. And DE solution tends to be 1 of 3 things:

1. Add more armor.
  2. Make mobs status immune.
  3. Make mobs immune to skills. 

Sometimes it is 2 of the above or all 3... This tends to hurt ranged weapons and none tanky frames the most. Even though the game has many f*****d up systems, I think mobs and mechanics design is the area that Warframe is the weakest. In Corpus remake, they just made trash mobs shoot, what is basically, a machine gun rocket launcher. My confidence in DE fixing mob eHP scaling and mobs/frame damage scaling is none existent. Melee weapons and armor scaling it is...

Exactly whats why enjoy it while it last.

Archived