Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If there's ever a Warframe movie, what would you want it to be about?

Sebastianx

I'd personality want it to be either about the events of the Old War, a re-enactment of how and why the sentients were created, what went wrong, why and how they sent the Zariman 10-0, how the Warframes came to be and how it all ended. Might be a trilogy than a movie now that I think about it lol. (and yes I know that lore fans know most of these things already but it's still cool to see them on the big screen, just like Lord of the Rings, you read the books but they still made the movies and now they're one of the best movies to ever be made)

Or a movie about how the Stalker came to be, what happened, who's his Tenno, why he wants revenge on the Tenno, etc

What would you guys want to see?

22 minutes ago, schilds said:

Has there ever been a movie spinoff of a game that worked? :-P

FFVII Advent Children, Resident Evil series, Mortal Kombat, Angry Birds movie.

On topic : Probably the tutorial stages up to beating old Captain Vor. Can even slide in Saya's Vigil for a little romantic side story. 

1 hour ago, Sebastianx said:

just like Lord of the Rings, you read the books but they still made the movies and now they're one of the best movies to ever be made)

If you like LotR, the older animated movies are also worth a watch, some of the scenes give different perspectives not explained by the Jackson version or even the books, see this scene: 

Or this one:

1 hour ago, schilds said:

The Resident Evil animated movies and Devil May Cry anime series f.ex. are decent imo..

There's also the Castlevania Netflix series which is still not finished.

3 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

To be about to have it's script burned and remain as ashes forever, because movies based on video game do not work and will always suck.

Thing is, it won't be based on what we do in the game, but the story of how things happened, or a specific event in Warframe's lore, could EASILY work, unlike most games that really lack story, while Warframe is incredibly rich in story and potential story telling

I started a topic once about this and... Man.... so much negativity. So many replies saying 'no' to a Warframe triple-A movie.

Regardless, I still think it would be awesome and I want it to be about a Tenno that got old, maybe marooned on a planet somewhere swallowed up in the void but he's not insane yet. Ship still working for survival reasons but unable to fly for mysterious void related reasons, has only one Warframe left, a Rhino but all rusty and sparking age-related wear and tear.

Eventually, a new young Tenno finds him by chance and old Tenno begrudgingly accepts help despite new Tenno fashion choices.

Plot twist would be that old Tenno is also from the future, that time doesn't matter in the void, and is a great grand child of the young Tenno. 

Not a movie, but a TV-show instead. There's just too much story to be told that a movie would end up like the Warcraft movie, where it makes little to no sense to those who don't know the lore already. It could/should be about the rise and fall of the Orokin empire. 

Oh boy, time for some unpopular opinions here.

giphy.gif

Game movies have a tendency to not work. However, if the movie isn't about the story/lore of the game, it might.

I've always had a soft spot for romance between characters that doesn't seem to fit together at first (no, I'm not talking about pure romance movies here, stuff like Disney's Rio is what I mean)

I'd say I want a movie that's about a female operator (let's say she's about 18 years old) who abandoned her ways as a tenno, and became a mercenary of sorts.

Fighting on both sides, good and evil, for nothing but her own gain, she eventually runs into another tenno during a mission that is, obviously, not on her side. They get into a fight while he tries to talk her out of it, reinforcements arrive, she needs to get the hell out of there while he tries to stop her, etc.

The encounter left her confused and angry at him, and... ah, you know where I'm going with this. It's basically your standard "enemies become friends, then lovers, join forces, happy end for everyone"-movie.

But really, if there ever is a Warframe movie, I just want the main characters to be someone other than Excal. Take Wisp and Banshee for example, those are 2 main characters I'd wanna see.

il y a 31 minutes, (XB1)Primus Patronum a dit :

I started a topic once about this and... Man.... so much negativity. So many replies saying 'no' to a Warframe triple-A movie.

Regardless, I still think it would be awesome and I want it to be about a Tenno that got old, maybe marooned on a planet somewhere swallowed up in the void but he's not insane yet. Ship still working for survival reasons but unable to fly for mysterious void related reasons, has only one Warframe left, a Rhino but all rusty and sparking age-related wear and tear.

Eventually, a new young Tenno finds him by chance and old Tenno begrudgingly accepts help despite new Tenno fashion choices.

Plot twist would be that old Tenno is also from the future, that time doesn't matter in the void, and is a great grand child of the young Tenno. 

There was "negativity" (if you insist on calling "disagrement" this way) because unless if it was directed by a Nolan of some sort (and that wouldn't even be a guarantee), it would be patheticaly bad and sad and built to statisfy focus groups with zero passion nor respect for the source material, and people don't want to see this IP butchered for the sake of some Hollywood executive's bank account.

Of course it would be awesome to see a faithful and well executed Warframe movie, I doubt anyone would spit at it, but it's just completely unrealistic to expect such thing nowadays seeing what has come out in the previous years. No need for the Warframe version of Disney Star Wars.

4 hours ago, schilds said:

Discounting counting ones that weren't basically visual novels to start with (i.e. eliminating half the problem with a video game movie in the first place)... the Sonic Movie was pretty good.

So, it's one out of... uh... thirty odd? That's decent odds right?

Archived