Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is this game so good?

Zengur

Question

I'm one of those guys who gave the game a third shot. First time I tried it in 2016 on a machine that couldn't really run it well so that was that. Then in 2017 I tried again but ended up being overwhelmed of information and despite trying to play it for a day or two just gave up - I couldn't understand almost anything about what was going , I had problems finding the menus and options I wanted, was offended by the what I thought were garishly coloured graphics and whatnot

Then a few weeks ago I landed an extended leave from work with a powerful laptop packed in my gym bag, and thought what the hell, why not try it again. I have time to kill, and after all I loved Mass Effect 3 which shares... some of the characteristics (a group of players fighting alien factions in SPACE  with gear and weapons you can MOD with s**t though that's about it), created a new account and this time around instead of clicking random buttons wondering what the **ck is going on I went through the tutorial  mission slowly and deliberately, gave thought to what I was doing and started reading tutorials and the Wiki as I went along. And slowly, everything started making more and more sense... 

I have now finished five missions and I'm absolutely blown away and hooked. It's complicated, they say, but if don't you don't understand something just read a Wiki article or look for one of the several tutorials... or just enjoy the ride and don't worry. I love the complexity and what appears to be endless option and variations to do endless variable things.

Please help, I'm afraid I've become addicted, how do you wean yourself away from Warframe when your vacation, leave or whatever ends and you have to return into the horrible grind of office life, you know the one where you farm reports and have to type really quickly to survive the endless horde of emails to respond within SLA and avoid the Gorgon that patrols the info and reception desk?

Thanks in advance.

edit: how do I change my profile picture, pls thnx

9 hours ago, Pulsar63 said:

What the Hek! ;-D

I was slightly underwhelmed by the (rank 5...) Hek at first but then I accidentally upgraded it to level 30 while playing with a few warming up lvl 25+ dudes on neverending Malva Dark Sector for 60 minutes straight.

Man, after I got some mods loaded on that thing it just wipes out my level of enemies. Even from long range. It even reloads fast IMO. A beast and a terror. 

12 hours ago, L1GUR said:

The #*!%ah runs out of ammo all the time!

Yeah, you're right! Now I remember :-D

It's its greatest weakness. With the Karak Wraith (double the ammo), it got much better. Low ammo could be counter-balanced with movement: attack, run away and reload, come back and attack again, etc. Standing still in WF is never good.

OTOH, every weapon has some kind of weakness, and using mods it's the way to overcome it.

But level 5 wasn't an ecstasy of destruction to say the least....

Most weapons are crap at level 5 :-)

It's a weird rifle. The underlying statistics are poor, but when you get enough rank to slam some upgrades on it it becomes terrific in eliminating lvl 8-16 space monsters which I play against most of the time. 

Its strong point is the rate of fire. Especially when aiming for headshots, can kill relatively fast. And since it's quite accurate, you can attack from afar.

Still if I'm playing a difficult mission I pick my maxed out Hek and Excalibur.

What the Hek! ;-D

On 2020-10-12 at 5:19 AM, Pulsar63 said:

LOL! I'm sorry you got disappointed, but... are you using it max ranked? Because if not, maybe that's the problem.

If you need more damage (and if you like things going boom!), maybe try the Penta grenade launcher (MR6)  :-)

The #*!%ah runs out of ammo all the time! When I got it ranked a little I slammed all the ammo amount upgrades in and when no comparison to, say, Boltor it's decent. But level 5 wasn't an ecstasy of destruction to say the least....

It's a weird rifle. The underlying statistics are poor, but when you get enough rank to slam some upgrades on it it becomes terrific in eliminating lvl 8-16 space monsters which I play against most of the time. 

Still if I'm playing a difficult mission I pick my maxed out Hek and Excalibur. Poor MR exp but that combination just blasts through everything my MR allows me to play against. 

On 2020-10-09 at 2:03 PM, L1GUR said:

Bratan Tenno, I find getting new Frames a little difficult. Should I just ignore that c*ap of farming for Frames, and do whatever quests fall my way and not worry about it?

Having different frames gives you two things:

- More fun, using different abilities

- More power, because you can use different strategies for different situations (stealth for Spy, CC for Defense, etc.) and bosses. A hard boss with one frame, could become an easy one with another frame.

Hence playing with just one (or a few) frame limits your enjoyment. WF is meant to be enjoyed exploring many different frames and powers. OTOH, if you love a particular frame, don't worry and keep using it. Most people use just 2-3 favourite frames.

a Karak, which is a piece of S#&$ (no offense to the above poster)

LOL! I'm sorry you got disappointed, but... are you using it max ranked? Because if not, maybe that's the problem.

If you need more damage (and if you like things going boom!), maybe try the Penta grenade launcher (MR6)  :-)

On 2020-09-06 at 3:19 PM, Zengur said:

Please help, I'm afraid I've become addicted, how do you wean yourself away from Warframe

I'm afraid once warframe gets to you your stuck with it. The only way I've heard to escape from it is to get to the point where your so passionate about the game it makes you salty enough to quit is the only way to escape and even then you may end up sticking your head back in on occasion to check if anythings changed or there's a big update

On 2020-09-06 at 10:15 PM, Pulsar63 said:

It helps me when I realize how LOOPY Warframe is.

It doesn't stop.....ever. But on the flip side......space ninja.

On 2020-09-23 at 7:45 AM, Zengur said:

Hey guys, first off, thanks for helping me and I still have 1 000 000 questions despite spending 50% of my gaming time on the Wiki... AAAAND my mobile operator  disabled Strict NAT (at least last night) and I was able to join a few squad games. 

Hell yeah, got something like 2000 XP towards MR4 in a few hours of gaming time

I'm glad for you :-)

Beginning in WF can be hard, with all that confusing stuff and being so weak / under-equipped. Keep on though, it gets better :-D

everything from choosing missions to actually doing them is so friggin' fast I didn't even have the time to choose loadouts before I was already on top of another target :--D 

Yeah, most of the time WF players FLY through missions! (they don't walk, they don't even run, they practically fly! :-D )

After more than 1000 hours of playing, I'm still among the last to arrive to the extraction zone! (maybe my being 57 years old makes me slower... ;-).

Bratan Tenno, I find getting new Frames a little difficult. Should I just ignore that c*ap of farming for Frames, and do whatever quests fall my way and not worry about it?

Currently I'm packing the MIGHTY Oberon Frame (lvl 10), I love the powers I can use, a Karak, which is a piece of S#&$ (no offense to the above poster) compared to say, Boltor but every assault rifle apart from Gorgon I have is already lvl 30, and whatever for melee I can get MR XP out of. I found out I can just slam through all the missions which are available for a MR5 Tenno as long as I have at least a melee instrument of death above LVL 15. Karak and Aklaton along? Whatever. They don't need to do anything like damage. 

On 2020-10-02 at 2:07 PM, L1GUR said:

Drat. My Hek is a little bit "meh" considering how much it has been posted as one of the BEST0R SHOTGUN IN GAME [...]

my Hek is paltry level 10

You answered your own question :-)

At rank 30, a weapon is at 1/3 of its potential (30 on around 90 possible mod capacity)

At rank 10, it's practically nothing: barely a peashooter :D
(unless you use it against level 1-3 enemies or so)

It's nice; kills almost everything I face for missions I am ranked for in one shot but it's no street sweeper

If you want something that "sweeps" away enemies in numbers, get the Atterax whip. Since it has a long range, you spin it and mow enemies around you; especially good against Infested (high Slash dmg).

What is the easiest Frame you can get without grinding for 30 missions

You can get Hydroid parrts from Vay Hek boss on Oro, Earth. I had a hard time with him, but in the end it was worth it for Hydroid.

If you want to skip the grind, you can buy Volt and Wukong parts in your Clan Dojo (Tenno Lab) with Credits:

• Volt is a nice frame, fun and versatile.
  • Wukong is great: it can even be kind of an end-game frame. With the right mods can be quite tanky, too.

what next in my arsenal, oh veteran players?

I had fun with the Karak (MR1) assault rifle: rapid fire and accurate, but with small magazine (30). The Karak Wraith (MR7) is a bit better, with double the magazine.

Vulkar sniper (MR3), it will be a faithful companion for a while.

Again, get an Ignis (MR5) flame-thrower. No need to kill enemies one at a time, burn them all together instead! :-D

The Penta (MR6) grenade launcher changed my life when I was a noob: I called it "the problem solver"! :-D

Corinth shotgun + grenade launcher (MR8) is terrific (540 base damage, plus the grenades) - but you will have to wait for it.

What on Earth is that... wicker-fence thing that covers a certain area and makes space monsters stop on their heels and spin around? Just finished 60 minutes of Malva (Venus, north pole, infestation Dark Sector Survival for the other newbies, if those exist), most of the time spent next to our extract point just mowing down everything moving. 10 000 MR exp or something like that and leveled everything I had along to 30. 

Jebus. 

Level 30 Hek is now not "fun" for the enemies. 

The game is smart with keeping players. The idea is you grind to make the grind better. As you play warframe, do quest, gain standing, and more, you will get better gear to kill enemies quicker and better, you will protect targets better, you will be able to last longer in missions. And the sensation of getting better is like crack for your brain. When you hit your first red crit, when you hit 1k damage you will want more. You will go to hitting 1k, 10k, 100k, and more. This encourages players to play longer and more.

40 minutes ago, L1GUR said:

What is the easiest Frame you can get [...] all inside of Earth/Venus/Mercury/Mars?

You can craft Oberon with resources all available before Ceres, IIRC.

Also just a great Frame, regardless :D

Stick around for a bit in any endless mission and you'll get plenty of Eximus units, those can drop any of his parts.

Also, check out the Frames you can get via Clan Research, in particular Wukong / Nezha (Prime available / incoming though).

45 minutes ago, L1GUR said:

I just want [...] to speed up my MR exp

Did you craft / breed some additional Companions? Especially Sentinels give a lot, 9k total including the weapon.

I'll go on with question:

I've been playing with Excalibur lvl 30 for one or two weeks now. Love that kit, but I also love MR exp.

What is the easiest Frame you can get without grinding for 30 missions all inside of Earth/Venus/Mercury/Mars? I miss the exp I get out of ranking my Frame. I've heard everyone say "Rhino" but I not easy to farm vs the improved SPACE CRAB. 

My Strun/Hek & Lex/Kraken can deal with most enemies on solo missions I can play, even with a cra*py low ranked frame I'm pretty sure. I just want one more to speed up my MR exp. It can be a crappy frame, just something you don't have to play 24 hours to get. 

Drat. My Hek is a little bit "meh" considering how much it has been posted as one of the BEST0R SHOTGUN IN GAME, but that said, I have $hi7 all for Shotgun mods. A crit booster, level 9 point blank, toxic mod I by stupid choice upgraded to level 7 and **ck all after that. Ok I have an electric and cold mods as well, but since I'm MR4 and and my Hek is paltry level 10 I can only fit one damage mod vs pistols and rifles I can always spice up with extra ammo, speed reload, status bonus or something. Strun, and several weapons nobody apparently uses after reaching level "can find the run button" takes out more targets faster.

It's nice; kills almost everything I face for missions I am ranked for in one shot but it's no street sweeper so I'm spending 75% of my time reloading while performing Parkour trix to avoid the Infested in Malva :---D

The Lex I just bought on the other hand was more than I asked for to complete Mars missions. Even unranked it takes down Grineer like nothing else I have, someone compared it to a Desert Eagle and I concur. I can outsnipe snipers and most shots are one shot one kill, and every headshot is a dead target for sure, range does not matter much.

I'm sure the Hek will turn for the better once I reach higher MR and get more shotgun mods. Now it... just... takes... out... a few... SPACE... MONSTERS bangbangbang.. Then I wait and reload until I'm out of beer. Not cool when there's 10 infested running at you face. 

Of course it's foolish to bring both Hek and Lex to any mission which requires clearing up charging hordes of lvl 8-16 enemies or whatever I usually face at my mastery but I want to level them both up so bad. (Yes I can always grab a lvl 30 melee weapon as a side to clear up any problems when about to lose shields or get surrounded, but ain't getting no MR Exp for that.)

Returning player here too. I was absent for about five years and the Warframe bug has hit me hard upon return!

For me it's that same "chasing the reward" that I daresay gamblers experience, coupled with the slick and empowering combat style.

Grind for loot to get more loot and look like a badass doing it!

2 hours ago, Zengur said:

should I make Vitality or Reflection my primary upgrade target on my frame

@NinjaZeku has already given a great answer.

I feel I really need both.

With low Health you go down easy, and with low shield your health goes away pretty quickly. If I had to choose, I'd favour shield though: when they are gone, I can always run away to get time to restore them (while, for health, you have to find drops to restore it).

is there anything else I could or should consider to replace my level 8 Lato pistol?

I second the Lex pistol, and the Karak for primary: I used them a lot in my early time (I still have a Karak Wraith in my inventory).

For melee, the Atterax whip is great: it has long reach, and hits many enemies at once.

One last suggestion: try playing in a squad, not alone. I played alone for quite some time, afraid me being a novice would have annoyed my companions.

I was totally wrong: playing in a squad makes everything easier, you get much more Affinity / XP (you level frame/weapons faster), you may learn some tricks from others, feeling part of a team is great, and usually nobody will complain about your performance. The only downside: more experienced players are usually so fast, you can barely keep up with them ;-D

You got "Dethcube Prime Systems" right? Those are "Prime Parts", You get these parts from cracking open this cabbage looking thing know as "Void Relic"

These parts are put together to make a "Prime" version of something, which is just a better version of an item, such as - Prime Warframe, Weapons,Sentinels and there is one Archwing as well

Now do keep in note that some parts are costlier than others, and there exists a "Vaulting" system, in which some parts are unobtainable as the Relics for it do not drop. These parts are usually quite costly. (You can still trade the parts or the vaulted relic).
Now how do you get the relic for a vaulted item? You can either wait for the "Unvaulting" or you can trade with someone for them as i mentioned before.

Also do keep in mind that platinum can be obtained fairly easily, but in the beginning, it is highly recommended that you use it to buy "Warframe slots" or "Weapon slots"

And remember, the wiki is possibly your bestfriend

Happy hunting fellow Tenno! :)

Thanks, what I've figured this far just find Dark Sector missions and complete the first wave, rinse and repeat, I had Kadesh in mind but THEN I FOUND OUT YOU DON'T JUST GO TO MARS.

It'll need to find away to do Once Awake and work my way to Mercury like probably all if you know, and TBH level 20 enemies right now will kick my Mastery Rank 1 guys ass. IMO I'm pretty tanky (during the last Vor mission I could eat a sandwich and let the enemy shoot at me to no effect) but my damage output is feeble against high level space weirdos.

I've actually run out of ammo trying to finish wave 14 in a defense mission against Grineer  because it took clips and clips to take down a single unit >:[

1 hour ago, Zengur said:

I'm all out of Credits (13k left) and Endo (5 left...)

For early Credits, Dark Sectors (Infested missions with boosted drops) are neat, especially on Ceres (~25k per run).

For Endo, do the weekly Maroo mission (once you've reached her Bazaar on Mars),
keep an eye out for Ayatan Sculptures in other missions as well (Mods with Loot Radar help a lot).

Besides that, I guess try Excavation, and just keep Endo-ifying duplicate Mods.

1 hour ago, Zengur said:

Q: When I shoot at SPACE MONSTER and the hit registers in yellow color, I assume that was a critical hit, rite?

Indeed.

1 hour ago, Zengur said:

Q: I have a habit of exploring every nook and cranny

That's perfectly fine (if you're playing solo and thus don't make everyone else wait for you),
familiarize yourself with the tilesets, find little hidden spots that may e.g. hold Sabotage Caches, it's all good.

For maximizing loot gains, you usually want to just mow down enemies en masse / finish missions as fast as possible,
but that's certainly not the only way to play, do whatever is fun to you (and doesn't hurt others).

*sob* Upgrading my Frame with Vitality and Redirection has become so expensive (my health and shields are close to 500 soon)  I'm all out of Credits (13k left) and Endo (5 left...) even after selling all the mods I won't use for Endo. 

Now to find out how Mastery rank 1 character can get his hands on both >:[

Gonna finish the Vor quest arch first. 

edit:

Q: When I shoot at SPACE MONSTER and the hit registers in yellow color, I assume that was a critical hit, rite?

Q: I have a habit of exploring every nook and cranny in hopes of finding something loot worthy, especially in an area where I have not been before, is this good or bad and should i just speed run through everything or does it, uhhh, depend?

Hi all Ditto on Mass Effect, great game. I like the variety and depth of scope. This game is really a huge universe and like 11 games or more in one. For Free!!! You really can play free with out plat. One of my favs is trading, love acquiring and hoarding stuff. Love also free roam and gather random loot. Have done 3 hour or more and get lots stuff, resource booster helps. Done mostly solo. Also invested in clan and rail jack for the future!!! :) Also they bring stuff n episodes in every 1 1/2 to 3 months and that refreshes game, rail jack night wave etc etc.

56 minutes ago, Zengur said:

Does the ingame VOIP work well, or do people require third party apps to talk to each other?

I'd love to join a clan (how should I go about it?) but the router I'm connected to right now is not in my control and blocks Warframe's chat server for some reason. I could of course try a mobile hotspot instead, mine is hella fast.

I'm finding trying to level up my Mastery Rank is a huge chore playing solo >:[

The ingame voice chat is decent. Used it in place of Discord just fine. You should check the Recruiting chat channel in game (use T to open your menu), there are usually clans recruiting.

Work on leveling your initial weapons/frames to 30, and start playing with the mods you acquire along the way. They are honestly what will make the difference for later missions in survival and damage. You should primarily focus on clearing the Star Map towards unlocking the various Junctions, as they will open up new planets and also provide you with new quests and rewards along the way. Good luck :D

It's basically what I wanted ME3 multiplayer to be, along with the extremely satisfying parkour systems from games like Batman: Arkham, Assassin's Creed, etc. The sheer level of customization for pretty much EVERYTHING is also something I've rarely seen in games; from color coordination, accessories, cosmetic skins, and of course, being able to mod the everloving hell out of ANYTHING for weapons/frames to suit your personal gameplay styles. Being able to collect silly crazy junk to decorate around our ship (which also can be personalized) is just so inherently rewarding. The voice acting and quality is especially excellent, considering a "free to play" game that competes well against AAA studio quality.

My only real grump tends to be that the Mastery system itself is somewhat pointless after awhile. I'm up to MR25, and while the extra daily rep cap is nice, honestly, there's little incentive to overfarm for the crazy hard to get items, since there's ALREADY a huge stockpile that rarely gets used. I'd like to see the Mastery stuff be more about actually completing objectives and grinding effort, not just hopping into a ESO when you get a new frame/weapon that needs to get leveled and tossed.

Conceptually though, it's damn near ridiculous how smoothly and beautifully the game's graphics and engine perform, especially for the Railjack stuff where you're literally jumping between space flight, Archwing combat, base/ground missions with hardly a hiccup. Even as wonky as the Scarlet Spear rollout was, the idea of having paired space/ground teams supporting each other was incredible, and hopefully gets polished for future missions. I also really enjoy that while the maps are generally static/linear overall, the procedural spawning of them tends to keep it randomized up enough not to be too repetitive, but also allowing for the 3D areas to explore hidden hallways, secret rooms, and especially finding the backdoor ways around the Spy sensors/traps is challenging and rewarding.

*shrugs* I'm hard pressed to find another sci-fi ninja shoot em up while being a serious badass :P

Does the ingame VOIP work well, or do people require third party apps to talk to each other?

I'd love to join a clan (how should I go about it?) but the router I'm connected to right now is not in my control and blocks Warframe's chat server for some reason. I could of course try a mobile hotspot instead, mine is hella fast.

I'm finding trying to level up my Mastery Rank is a huge chore playing solo >:[

Archived