Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Favorite transferred ability for Wukong?

Canach

Wukong is just magnificent, I will keep his Divine Twin, Cloud Walker, and Defy, but I never really use his Primal Fury exalted weapon.

With great toughness, movement, and crowd-kill, what do you think would practically benefit him the most?

7 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Radial Blind for me. Replaced Defy. 

Why would you replace Defy? Primal Fury in its current state is worthless. Especially if you have a good melee weapon equipped. At least Defy makes for a good panic button and the extra armor is pretty nice.

As for what ability I'd replace Primal Fury with. I quite like Warcry. Though I'll agree that Radial Blind is also a good option.

5 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Primal Fury in its current state is worthless. Especially if you have a good melee weapon equipped.

This is going to sound really grumpy and I am sorry for that, but gee, thanks for telling me the exact thing I've been telling everyone else for the past 5(ish) years. Because I hadn't noticed that Primal Fury is garbage. I haven't made numerous threads on it and spent hours upon hours arguing with and correcting people when they say it's alright. Most of all, I'm not incredibly sour by how much of my time I've effectively wasted on this, thinking that maybe, just maybe someone at DE might care enough to not leave Wukong with a joke of an "ultimate" ability.

Thank goodness you were here to point it out to me.

:tired:

7 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

At least Defy makes for a good panic button

So does Cloudwalker, just without rendering you almost immobile and healing you up so that you don't drop dead as soon as the ability wears off.

I cannot think of a single relevant mission in which I actually need Defy's armour, Steel Path is beyond the concept of balance and even there I'm not dying. I'd rather choose to keep Primal Fury, because I enjoy using it regardless of it being utterly garbage.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

This is going to sound really grumpy and I am sorry for that, but gee, thanks for telling me the exact thing I've been telling everyone else for the past 5(ish) years. Because I hadn't noticed that Primal Fury is garbage. I haven't made numerous threads on it and spent hours upon hours arguing with and correcting people when they say it's alright. Most of all, I'm not incredibly sour by how much of my time I've effectively wasted on this, thinking that maybe, just maybe someone at DE might care enough to not leave Wukong with a joke of an "ultimate" ability.

Nah mate, primal fury's great, trust me.. 

Sorry I just couldn't resist :P

24 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Hey, I'm not exactly happy with how they did Primal Fury dirty either. After Wukong's rework and prior to melee 2.9999999999 being rolled out it was my go-to melee of choice. It was amazingly fun to just activate my four and have me and my twin clear entire rooms with amazing range. But DE completely gutted it (And most exalted melees for that matter) with the melee rework.

Primal Fury, regardless of how you build it is as effective as hitting high level enemies with wet noodles. I've basically given up hope that the devs will go back and fix it because of what a bunch of ignorant stubborn mofo's they are. I'm just in the acceptance stage at this point. At the very least, Helminth has allowed me to turn those lemons into sweet lemonade. 

24 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

So does Cloudwalker, just without rendering you almost immobile and healing you up so that you don't drop dead as soon as the ability wears off.

I cannot think of a single relevant mission in which I actually need Defy's armour, Steel Path is beyond the concept of balance and even there I'm not dying. I'd rather choose to keep Primal Fury, because I enjoy using it regardless of it being utterly garbage.

I'm curious about how you're building your Wukong, because unless I'm carelessly playing tonsil hockey with a Bombard's Ogris, I very rarely "drop dead" as soon as Defy is done casting. Even 2 hours into Steel Path Mot. 

But you do you. If you prefer repeatedly bludgeoning bullet sponges with a useless stick over and over while a sorrowful tear slides down your cheek from your internal reminiscing of a better time, then more power to you.

1 minute ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

I'm curious about how you're building your Wukong, because unless I'm carelessly playing tonsil hockey with a Bombard's Ogris, I very rarely "drop dead" as soon as Defy is done casting.

I'm curious to know what makes you think it was a comment from experience? I mean, given I pretty much state I don't actually use Defy, how could it be from experience?

2 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

If you prefer repeatedly bludgeoning bullet sponges with a useless stick over and over

I don't, that's the point of the feedback.

2 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

internal reminiscing of a better time

I guess you didn't play much Wukong prior to the rework? The length of time in which his Staff was "good" makes up a small small percentage of his total release time. 4 months and 12 days from Wukong rework to Melee 3.0. Wukong was however released 57 months ago, meaning that his staff was only "good" for about 7% of his lifetime. Frankly, that's pretty forgetful.

So no, I don't reminisce fondly of better times, I don't really remember those better times amongst the sour memories of how stupidly long it's been left like this.

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I'm curious to know what makes you think it was a comment from experience? I mean, given I pretty much state I don't actually use Defy, how could it be from experience?

Oookay. I'm getting a lot of contradictory messages from you. So you don't use Defy yet you claimed that the ability leaves you open to be fragged after using it? Which one is it?

6 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I don't, that's the point of the feedback.

Yet you make Helminth replace an irrefutably more useful ability in spite of the fact you know how bad Primal Fury is. Why would you willingly gimp yourself like that? It's already been established that DE don't care if the past five years is any indication. It's time to stop p***ing in the wind.

And no, I didn't play Wukong much prior to his rework. But even with his "nerfs" and an open ability slot he's still my main and possibly one of the best solo frames in the game. So Brozime can take his B- rating and shove it up his a**!

OK, so for me, back to my original post, Primal Fury is getting replaced.

As it stands now, I'm thinking War Cry or Roar might be the best way to go. Simplistic, but don't duplicate/compete with his other abilities - either would be a net gain. Also still considering Fire Blast.

(None of these are available to me yet, but they're in queue.).

40 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Rational thought.

You said Defy leaves you open to instantly be killed only to contradict yourself in the following sentence by claiming you never use it anyway . That's not rational thought, that's a baseless opinion. One that I can already tell you is flat out wrong from hours of endurance runs.

45 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I've already answered that question.

So you are content with keeping an ability that you openly acknowledge as being garbage because it's "fun" while also admitting it's not fun to use...

HXGhWku.gif

I love wukong he is almost perfect, but there is 1 thing that i always wanted to fix/improve, in my opinion wukong only has 1 problem and it is to not have any kind of Status/CC immunity, and dude i dreamed the day that we could have it on wukong, and the day has arrived my friend, so the frist warframe that i gave to helminth was titania (titania 1 gives Status/CC immunity), i removed wukong's 4, because any melee weapon in the game with a decent build will outperform it and wont cost energy. Now my wukong is perfect and i love how it works so perfectly on my wukong.

1 minute ago, Zentun. said:

I love wukong he is almost perfect, but there is 1 thing that i always wanted to fix/improve, in my opinion wukong only has 1 problem and it is to not have any kind of Status/CC immunity, and dude i dreamed the day that we could have it on wukong, and the day has arrived my friend, so the frist warframe that i gave to helminth was titania (titania 1 gives Status/CC immunity), i removed wukong's 4, because any melee weapon in the game with a decent build will outperform it and wont cost energy. Now my wukong is perfect and i love how it works so perfectly on my wukong.

Hmm... I dunno. Seems like a wasted ability to me since you need to constantly recast it throughout a mission. Cloud Walker can purge status and you can equip handspring (Or Primed Sure Footed if you have it) in your exilus slot to mitigate knockdowns. It's pretty much an essential mod for any melee Warframe imo. 

I am currently waiting for my equinox in the foundry, to replace iron staff by Rage.

I like using Defy, good for nuking high damage enemies and thought that putting enemies into Rage would make them attack faster and take more damage: perfect for Defy.

With 200% ability strength, Defy will deal 14 times the damage received, times two thanks to the twin, and enemies will attack 40% faster and take two times more damage . So you will deal 56 times the damage you received ! And as a bonus enemies will have attacked you 1.4 times more.

Looking forward to testing it!

1 hour ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

You said Defy leaves you open to instantly be killed only to contradict yourself in the following sentence by claiming you never use it anyway .

Saying "I don't use 'x' ability" does not contradict the statement "'x' ability does 'y'". The two aren't even logically connected.

To clarify, you said Defy makes a good panic ability, i.e. an ability you use whilst close to death. Once Defy ends you'll likely still be close to death, and in roughly the same position you previously were. Rationally this is the lesser of the available options.

On the other hand Cloudwalker can also be used as a panic button, whilst healing you to full health and allowing for rapid repositioning. A far better panic button in all the content DE have given us and claimed to balance around, and then some. If you want to go beyond even that, by all means, but it's not relevant here. Rationally this is the greater of the available options.

1 hour ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

while also admitting it's not fun to use...

Given I didn't say that, I have several questions regarding your ability to understand what I've typed, and what else you may have misunderstood over this page.

Frankly though, I don't need to justify what I want to play to you, or anyone else. This argument is entirely pointless, you're just aggressively yelling at me why your opinion is somehow more important than my own, and I really don't care. Swap out Primal Fury, it's objectively the best option to swap out, I'll continue to do my best to have some semblance of fun in this mess of a game regardless.

You've voiced your opinion, I've answered your question of "why replace Defy", you can move on with your day now.

3 hours ago, Yoollloooo0 said:

I am currently waiting for my equinox in the foundry, to replace iron staff by Rage.

I like using Defy, good for nuking high damage enemies and thought that putting enemies into Rage would make them attack faster and take more damage: perfect for Defy.

With 200% ability strength, Defy will deal 14 times the damage received, times two thanks to the twin, and enemies will attack 40% faster and take two times more damage . So you will deal 56 times the damage you received ! And as a bonus enemies will have attacked you 1.4 times more.

Looking forward to testing it!

I have one of them thar Equanoxexs - that's worth consideratoin - thanks for posting!

Archived