Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WARNING - Absolutely gamebreaking Necramech bug

Acersecomic

So, this is a warning to one and all.

DO NOT USE YOUR NECRAMECHS!

I do not yet know what exactly causes it, I have reported on it in the bug section, I have heard others experience it too and so far in my time with the game there hasn't been a more destructive, annoying, mood killing, time wasting bug.

Basically how it goes. You're minding your own business, murdering Infested with your Necramech. Your mech gets destroyed or you jump out and transfer back into your frame when... "invalid target". You spam transference but you cannot go back into your frame BECAUSE YOUR FRAME IS GONE!

You can't fix it, /unstuck, jump off the map, die and revive, can't get downed and revived, move to next stage of quest... NOTHING. I have found no fix so far except for leaving the mission or extracting.
I have done full Vault cycles as Operator with this bug on, killed, picked up loot, this and that etc... but you GET NO LOOT, NO AFFINITY... You get nothing! I have a screenshot of a 42 minute long Vault Cycle WITH NO LOOT OR EXP. You lose everything, including your time.

What's the cause of this? I have no clue. I thought maybe my Nekros dies due to Desecrate draining all of its HP while I'm transferred and the game can't send me back to my frame because I'm in a mech. Thought it maybe disappears if you're in the mech while it switches from Toxin phase to Vault phase. Whatever I thought the cause, next time the bug happens it's for a different reason.
I have so far found no sense or reason for this bug happening other than using your Necramech. I have found no fix for this either.

SO THIS IS A WARNING! The bug is absolutely bonkers, completely random, happens EXTREMELY OFTEN, you can't fix it and you lose absolutely all the progress you made and will make if you stay in the mission as Operator.

So I am posting this here, in General, where the most people will see it, so we turn attention this bug as much as possible and make it the focus of bug fixing. DE so far fixed almost all minor and medium bugs and Vaults since the latest hotfix have been a smooth, smooth ride. All except this one, and it's the worst of them all.

Yeah I had this happen to me when I was Ember Prime stripping the mechs armor, I turned off all her abilities & went back into my mech to find out my companion & warframe gone then died to the mechs as my operator as I lost my own mech (had no energy to protect myself)

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

You're late to the party.

Nope. Been on it for days.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

I did a triple isolation vault with my despoil Nekros and I used my Necramech to fight the infested although I didn't get destroyed. My only recommendation is to heal it with Vazarin dash.

It doesn't matter if your mech is destroyed or not. I had one full run since Vault 1 where my frame disappeared and I survived with my mech to the end. It's enough to be in a mech for this bug to happen.

1 hour ago, IspanoLFW said:

This is happening because your frame is dying while you're in the Mech.

No, I thought that too and I mention it in the original post. I had the bug happen literally seconds after transfering to the mech while there were barely no enemies around, and those that were there were level 40 chargers for not even a full second.

58 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

This is why you leave your WF in a safe spot and not use idiotic farming methods that disables your WF's method of not taking too much damage

And you can leave your comment in an idiotic spot where no one will see it. And as you can't read either, I suggest you re-read my original post and find where I mention that your frame doesn't even have to die.

4 minutes ago, 3rdpig said:

If you use Excal Umbra will it follow your mech around and fight? I don't have a mech yet or I'd try it myself.

Was doing a run with some dude, he said he likes to use Umbra because it follows him around. Can't confirm it though.

If you're leaving Nekros with desecrate on, then I can pretty much guarantee that death is what happened. Desecrate won't kill you if you have less HP than needed, it will just turn off. But leaving your frame with a channeled ability still on, means it's no longer invulnerable. It will have damage resistance, but it can take damage.

Instead of raging at people pointing out the likely cause, maybe accept that they might be right.

As far as I've experienced, most if not all of those bugs are caused by network issues (even a minor spike at the wrong time will break something mech related). 

Will have to wait till they tune the net code to fix it, I'm afraid... :/

57 minutes ago, IspanoLFW said:

If you're leaving Nekros with desecrate on, then I can pretty much guarantee that death is what happened. Desecrate won't kill you if you have less HP than needed, it will just turn off. But leaving your frame with a channeled ability still on, means it's no longer invulnerable. It will have damage resistance, but it can take damage.

Instead of raging at people pointing out the likely cause, maybe accept that they might be right.

I think you still don't quite accept or understand, or hear, what I'm saying. IT RANDOMLY DISAPPEARS EVEN WHEN NOT KILLED.

Everything to do with the mech is buggy. Putting a forma into it, sometimes it removes mods when swapping builds or did so for me. Some issue using that canon that removes the arch weapon if you use it when you're very low on energy, Had an issue where trying to go back into my mech I accidentally triggered a downed mech and went into that one instead after the agonizingly slow animation. Was unable to do anything but move around in thew mech after that until it was destroyed and could get back into mine.

I definitely have had this issue happen, with my frame either dying or disappearing while I was in the mech trying to take over a base on the Orb Vallis. When I had it happen I was playing Nezha, however, who does not have any channeled abilities that would leave him vulnerable to being shot. However having halo running and transferring out of Nezha with a mech out (but not transferring directly into the mech from my warframe) keeps leaving Nezha vulnerable despite halo not being channeled. It does have an invulnerability period, though. Some abilities are probably bugged when left running.

Regardless, even if the warframe is dying due to carelessly leaving a draining ability on, there really should be some kind of failsafe if it dies while using a mech. When not using a mech, the operator is automatically shot back into their warframe when it becomes downed, but that doesn't happen with the mech and that results in everything breaking. On top of all the other mech bugs like losing all your limbs and engaging corn mode. 

19 minutes ago, KCToxic said:

I definitely have had this issue happen, with my frame either dying or disappearing while I was in the mech trying to take over a base on the Orb Vallis. When I had it happen I was playing Nezha, however, who does not have any channeled abilities that would leave him vulnerable to being shot. However having halo running and transferring out of Nezha with a mech out (but not transferring directly into the mech from my warframe) keeps leaving Nezha vulnerable despite halo not being channeled. It does have an invulnerability period, though. Some abilities are probably bugged when left running.

Regardless, even if the warframe is dying due to carelessly leaving a draining ability on, there really should be some kind of failsafe if it dies while using a mech. When not using a mech, the operator is automatically shot back into their warframe when it becomes downed, but that doesn't happen with the mech and that results in everything breaking. On top of all the other mech bugs like losing all your limbs and engaging corn mode. 

No, all abilities, if active, do this. It's not just channeled abilities. Trinity for example, all 4 of her abilities leave her vulnerable, if active.

Archived