WARNING - Absolutely gamebreaking Necramech bug

8 minutes ago, IstasNix said:

I haven't taken a poll, obviously, so I could be wrong about it being a minority of players... but it seems if it were half as common as the OP indicates, anecdotally I or one of my friends/clan-mates would have seen it by now. They aren't all as into Necramechs as I am and might not have had the same level of exposure, but nearly all of them do have Necramechs and have at least played enough to max rank them. Nobody I asked about it has seen this happen.

Try to die to necramech while being in your own necramech, let him destroy your mech. This is how it reproduced for me and probbaly for other bugged dude (i didn't ask). I might have also left Empower running on my Chroma when i switched to mech (someone else suggested this can be the cause of frame dying).

On 2020-09-06 at 2:25 PM, Acersecomic said:

Well, I saw it so yeah, I am claiming it.

You're not the only one either mate. I played Vauban, between losing my frame, and falling through the map regularly, all since the last two hotfixes, this is the first time in 5 years that I will claim that Warframe is now unplayable. It is disgusting. I wanted to play vaults iover the long weekend, nope, Warframe is so broken right now, I won't touch it again until DE fixes their mess.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, 32768 said:

Try to die to necramech while being in your own necramech, let him destroy your mech. This is how it reproduced for me and probbaly for other bugged dude (i didn't ask). I might have also left Empower running on my Chroma when i switched to mech (someone else suggested this can be the cause of frame dying).

I mean, I'm not going to intentionally try breaking the game or wasting a run :P

That said, I have died in my mech before and didn't have a problem. I'm not sure if my Warframe has ever gone down whilst I was in the mech or not. At a guess, I don't think so? I usually wedge Nekros in a corner somewhere where the infested have trouble getting to him. I generally don't use my mech to fight the Necramechs, either. It's faster to just Stropha or sniper them to death. I mainly use the mech in the toxin-phase of the tunnels and have never had a problem.

1 minute ago, CuChulainnWD said:

You're not the only one either mate. I played Vauban, between losing my frame, and falling through the map regularly, all since the last two hotfixes, this is the first time in 5 years that I will claim that Warframe is now unplayable. It is disgusting. I wanted to play vaults iover the long weekend, nope, Warframe is so broken right now, I won't touch it again until DE fixes their mess.

I've fallen through the map a few times but it was never more than an inconvenience. The one or two times I fell through and stayed outside it instead of falling back in somewhere in the tunnels, /unstuck did its job. I wouldn't have called it any of this unplayable, especially since the mechs have been fixed to retain xp (in at least most circumstances, I haven't had any problems recently).

1 hour ago, IstasNix said:

Mmm... well there's plenty of things it could be besides netcode. That 1.2 second ping is definitely bad enough it could cause issues, but it's still far from guaranteed. As I noted in a post after the one you guys quoted, the possibilities are pretty much endless and no matter how many speculative options are pointed out we might never hit on what the actual trigger is.

I haven't taken a poll, obviously, so I could be wrong about it being a minority of players... but it seems if it were half as common as the OP indicates, anecdotally I or one of my friends/clan-mates would have seen it by now. They aren't all as into Necramechs as I am and might not have had the same level of exposure, but nearly all of them do have Necramechs and have at least played enough to max rank them. Nobody I asked about it has seen this happen.

I can confirm it is 100% caused by having a frames power active while using a mech. While a warframe ability is active, transferring out of it gives your frame 90% damage reduction instead of complete invulnerability. 3 times yesterday I had this issue, both solo and as client and every time it was because I forgot to turn desecrate off or my shadows glitched out and stayed active inside of a looted vault.

You don't need to speculate anything, literally take any frame with a decent duration, go in to any open world, stand in the middle of loads of enemies with an ability active, hop in mech and watch your frame vanish from existence after its get shot enough. Then try transferring from op back to frame, it won't work and you can bleed out in op form and never revive that mission again.

edit: some testing proved otherwise

Edited by More-L
30 minutes ago, IstasNix said:

It's faster to just Stropha or sniper them to death

It's fun tho. Mechs can tank and let other peeps to snipe while enemy mechs are distracted. Team tactics yo. But it's really f-ing disappointing to lose all your loot. I think stupid damage reflection might work on mechs too and it activates instantaneously too, so when you spam your overpowered machine gun and don't have shields, you just die.

Or so i think. I would agree that at this point it is probably not very wise to use mechs, or at least not until you want to lose your loot on purpose.

Edited by 32768
33 minutes ago, IstasNix said:

I mean, I'm not going to intentionally try breaking the game or wasting a run :P

That said, I have died in my mech before and didn't have a problem. I'm not sure if my Warframe has ever gone down whilst I was in the mech or not. At a guess, I don't think so? I usually wedge Nekros in a corner somewhere where the infested have trouble getting to him. I generally don't use my mech to fight the Necramechs, either. It's faster to just Stropha or sniper them to death. I mainly use the mech in the toxin-phase of the tunnels and have never had a problem.

I've fallen through the map a few times but it was never more than an inconvenience. The one or two times I fell through and stayed outside it instead of falling back in somewhere in the tunnels, /unstuck did its job. I wouldn't have called it any of this unplayable, especially since the mechs have been fixed to retain xp (in at least most circumstances, I haven't had any problems recently).

That is all well and good for you, however since the last two hotfixes, for me, every mission(Vault Run mainly, but open world in general), I either fall through the world, it is hit or miss if /unstuck would work, and you only get one shot before a cool down on that, archwing up, and then still get stuck in the oustside mesh of the world, have your warframe disappear,even when not using channeled abilities, ala Vauban. or between vaults have an invalid launch point for your archwing, though there is a hit or miss work around for that by deploying your K drive first.

I have suffered through every DE misstep from 2015 till today, I worked through the Lich bugs, got fed up with the Railjack bugs but persevered, I have well and truly had enough of the DE shenanigans with this latest and greatest Foxtrot Uniform that DE has created. Of course, they went on vacation. That song seems more relevant  by the day.

Edited by CuChulainnWD
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, More-L said:

I can confirm it is 100% caused by having a frames power active while using a mech. While a warframe ability is active, transferring out of it gives your frame 90% damage reduction instead of complete invulnerability. 3 times yesterday I had this issue, both solo and as client and every time it was because I forgot to turn desecrate off or my shadows glitched out and stayed active inside of a looted vault.

You don't need to speculate anything, literally take any frame with a decent duration, go in to any open world, stand in the middle of loads of enemies, hop in mech and watch your frame vanish from existence. Then try transferring from op back to frame, it won't work and you can bleed out in op form and never revive that mission again.

Except I don't think it can be that simple. I've literally never brought anything but Nekros built for Desecrate with the despoil augment for an isolation vault run. I have always had an ability running whilst transferred out. I've also never run into or seen this issue experienced by someone in my squad. There's more to it than having an active ability.

4 minutes ago, 32768 said:

It's fun tho. Mechs can tank and let other peeps to snipe while enemy mechs are distracted. Team tactics yo.

Oh I'm not debating that it would be fun to have a mech duel with the vault guardians. To be honest, though, my squad usually has them dead in seconds if I don't, anyway, so I just don't worry about trying it. Maybe when there isn't anything more to farm and I'm doing a solo run purely for fun instead of for some fun and loot that I still need... I'll do some mech duels. Until then, it's not worth even trying to hop in the mech for them cause they'll be dead before it's relevant anyway.

4 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

That is all well and good for you, however since the last two hotfixes, for me, every mission, I either fall through the world, it is hit or miss if /unstuck would work, and you only get one shot before a cool down on that, archwing up, and then still get stuck in the oustside mesh of the world, have your warframe disappear,even when not using channeled abilities, ala Vauban. or between vaults have an invalid launch point for your archwing, though there is a hit or miss work around for that by deploying your K drive first.
I have suffered through every DE misstep from 2015 till today, I worked through the Lich bugs, got fed up with the Railjack bugs but persevered, I have well and truly had enough of the DE shenanigans with this latest and greatest Foxtrot Uniform that DE has created. Of course, they went on vacation. That song seems more relevant  by the day.

I'm sorry for your loss? It's not like other people haven't been around that long. If you really have so much issue with the way things are handled, you don't have to play. I've taken a couple of approximately year-long breaks in the past, myself. I've been playing for almost the entire time the game has been around. I recently started over with this new account because I had a couple friends who wouldn't join the existing group for fear that they'd just be outclassed and carried in every way. My restarting with them was the deciding factor in them joining. Plus, I hadn't really spent much on the old account, had just taken a long break due to being bored with the current state of affairs, and kinda liked the idea of starting fresh. Re-experiencing some of the early stuff since so much had changed. My "main" account that I'll probably never play on again, at this point, is Siubijeni.

Point is, you're hardly the only one who's been through everything. And it's never been that big of a deal.

5 minutes ago, IstasNix said:

Except I don't think it can be that simple. I've literally never brought anything but Nekros built for Desecrate with the despoil augment for an isolation vault run. I have always had an ability running whilst transferred out. I've also never run into or seen this issue experienced by someone in my squad. There's more to it than having an active ability.

Oh I'm not debating that it would be fun to have a mech duel with the vault guardians. To be honest, though, my squad usually has them dead in seconds if I don't, anyway, so I just don't worry about trying it. Maybe when there isn't anything more to farm and I'm doing a solo run purely for fun instead of for some fun and loot that I still need... I'll do some mech duels. Until then, it's not worth even trying to hop in the mech for them cause they'll be dead before it's relevant anyway.

I'm sorry for your loss? It's not like other people haven't been around that long. If you really have so much issue with the way things are handled, you don't have to play. I've taken a couple of approximately year-long breaks in the past, myself. I've been playing for almost the entire time the game has been around. I recently started over with this new account because I had a couple friends who wouldn't join the existing group for fear that they'd just be outclassed and carried in every way. My restarting with them was the deciding factor in them joining. Plus, I hadn't really spent much on the old account, had just taken a long break due to being bored with the current state of affairs, and kinda liked the idea of starting fresh. Re-experiencing some of the early stuff since so much had changed. My "main" account that I'll probably never play on again, at this point, is Siubijeni.

Point is, you're hardly the only one who's been through everything. And it's never been that big of a deal.

That is not exactly my point. My point is I have seen and been through many ridiculous bugs, this is the first time that "I"have found the game (vaults in particular) to be unplayable after 2 hotfixes broke the game worse than when it was initially released. That is insane and going over and above silly.

I am glad you are having your fun. More power to you mate. I wished to continue playing Warframe because I wished to experience the new vault content. I am being denied that content because DE went and broke it to an unplayable state for me. Though it may not make any difference to you, I pay for my content. I would like some satisfaction for what "I" pay for, as I am sure there are many others like me in the same boat.

Since 2017, when DE got their name in coloured lights in Time Square, I have watched DE's professional and community care for their game decline precipitously. I only wish it were "Hyperbole" but it is not. DE needs to get their act together.

• Like 1
On 2020-09-06 at 8:46 AM, Acersecomic said:

SO THIS IS A WARNING! The bug is absolutely bonkers, completely random, happens EXTREMELY OFTEN, you can't fix it and you lose absolutely all the progress you made and will make if you stay in the mission as Operator.

Out of the hundreds of vault runs, it only happen to me once or twice. Out of my clan(one of the largest clans around) only maybe a dozen or more have also seen this bug any where from once to more than a few times.

yes it is a bug, no it is not as common as you scream about it, it is more or less any where from uncommon to rare? and no your not the first to come across it and report it.

14 minutes ago, IstasNix said:

It seems you are correct, I was just trying to get a video of it to prove my point (I quite literally saw it yesterday) any my frame was never once fully killed, I guess I did post partly out of frustration of losing 2 hours worth of work in total yesterday, though I did actually find something interesting. So, it turns out, if you transfer directly from your frame to mech (not to operator) your frame will in-fact, be invulnerable regardless of w/e and how many abilities I had active, not sure if its an oversight or maybe your frame is meant to go invuln whenever you enter a mech but yeah, could be useful information I suppose.

Also it seems that your frame, when left alone and not invulnerable, will only go down anywhere from 2 hp to 5% hp with almost zero consistency and then go un-damageable (not invuln) for a certain time. Also, my nekros did not have despoil equipped when this happened 3 times yesterday.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

or between vaults have an invalid launch point for your archwing

Try to activate your skateboard, leave scateboard, then activate archwing, it should work after that.

35 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

I wished to continue playing Warframe because I wished to experience the new vault content. I am being denied that content because DE went and broke it to an unplayable state for me. Though it may not make any difference to you, I pay for my content. I would like some satisfaction for what "I" pay for, as I am sure there are many others like me in the same boat.

Just wait it out for a week or two, dude, it's always like that. I know what you are talking about, i've seen railjack bugs, i'm trying not to play new updates for a first week or two after what i've seen.

By the way, are you serious that they went on vacation or is this a joke?

5 minutes ago, 32768 said:

Just wait it out for a week or two, dude, it's always like that. I know what you are talking about, i've seen railjack bugs, i'm trying not to play new updates for a first week or two after what i've seen.

By the way, are you serious that they went on vacation or is this a joke?

For Railjack? Yes they buggered off on Vacation. Now, to top it off, after the evidence of two game breaking hotfixes, DE decided to take the long weekend off instead of trying to fix the mess they created. Now it looks like it maybe Friday before we see a fix to anything. I would like to be wrong.

16 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

For Railjack? Yes they buggered off on Vacation. Now, to top it off, after the evidence of two game breaking hotfixes, DE decided to take the long weekend off instead of trying to fix the mess they created. Now it looks like it maybe Friday before we see a fix to anything. I would like to be wrong.

Damn, they do not learn. I was wondering why hotfixes stopped on Thursday when game is obviously still broken.

It must be really frustrating for people who rushed mechs with plat just to get game breaking bugs. I really hope they will figure this out ASAP and somehow resolve this situation with satisfaction.

47 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Now, to top it off, after the evidence of two game breaking hotfixes, DE decided to take the long weekend off instead of trying to fix the mess they created.

28 minutes ago, 32768 said:

Damn, they do not learn. I was wondering why hotfixes stopped on Thursday when game is obviously still broken.

I mean, DE employees are human beings that are entitled to holidays and time off and the like... I mean, sure it's unfortunate when things bug out around holidays and people have to wait (and complaining about an extended holiday when severe bugs are common is more understandable), but framing it in terms of the above quotes is kind of harsh. People could stand to be a little nicer. Unpopular decisions and things going wrong aren't even the fault of every person in the company, so why hold it against all of them?

They aren't even universally game-breaking hotfixes. As I've said previously in the topic, it seems logical and likely that some other factor is at play here for the bugs that some people are experiencing, because a lot of people don't have those severe bugs at all. The people who do have them can't seem to agree on cause-and-effect or reproducibility for them. Necramechs behave radically better from what I've seen and the bugs I have personally experienced or observed are best described as minor inconveniences.

Besides, breaks are generally good for morale, especially if you've been pushed to meet a deadline. Let them have their long weekend in peace, mebbe they'll come back refreshed and be able to power through all the remaining bug fixes. You never know what the outcome of a thing like this is.

24 minutes ago, IstasNix said:

I mean, DE employees are human beings that are entitled to holidays and time off and the like... I mean, sure it's unfortunate when things bug out around holidays and people have to wait (and complaining about an extended holiday when severe bugs are common is more understandable), but framing it in terms of the above quotes is kind of harsh. People could stand to be a little nicer. Unpopular decisions and things going wrong aren't even the fault of every person in the company, so why hold it against all of them?

No, it's all good, but they could upload major update after holidays, that's all.

I was watching latest devstream and i saw how Rebecca hit two bugs. One was that one when already completed vault restarts, another one was when Esc bugs out and you can't confirm the mission, this bugs reproduced for the entire squad and they had to extract instead of continuing the mission.

So it's not exactly like no one see those game breaking bugs if they even appear on devstream, you know.

No hard feelings for DE whatsoever, but it looks like they are developing this habit of leaving game in broken state and going on vacation, or so it seems.

• Like 1

I actually think this is caused by face huggers, I haven't been able to confirm it yet but I did notice I lost my frame and right as I turned around a face hugger was floating where my frame was. All 4 times it has only happened to me above ground too.

EDIT: I should note I did have an ability active but I direct-transferred so my frame was invulnerable

EDIT 2: Nevermind, not an enemy in sight and my frame went poof again. This was in a squad though

Edited by More-L
On 2020-09-06 at 6:52 PM, 3rdpig said:

If you use Excal Umbra will it follow your mech around and fight? I don't have a mech yet or I'd try it myself.

Been using Umbra as well and can confirm, No umbra pet while in Mech :/

On 2020-09-08 at 1:40 PM, IstasNix said:

The worst bug I have personally experienced? Sometimes after using the mech it won't let you deploy your archwing due to nowhere being recognized as a valid launch zone. But K-Drives and mechs both still work so it's not that much of a problem.

VV

16 hours ago, 32768 said:

Try to activate your skateboard, leave scateboard, then activate archwing, it should work after that.

^^
This always fixes it for me since day 1 of the problem. Jump on K-Drive, dismount, Archwing.